Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,519 members, 7,826,953 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? (13153 Views)

20 Top Kitchen Secrets Most People Dont Know / How To Prevent Fire Outbreak In Your Kitchen / Some Unnecessary Kitchen Gadgets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2009
Buzz me on my youtube channel and the rest will be history. cheesy
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
okay I will---- are you in the US ? UK ? OR NIG ?
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
posakosa:

okay I will---- are you in the US ? UK ? OR NIG ?

I dey my village!
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 6:00pm On Nov 13, 2009
na lie u talk---village no get constant internet like dis wink wink wink

no be lantern, dem dey use for village---abi na latern ur computer dey use
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 6:13pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^But we aint frm the same Village, are We cheesy
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 6:16pm On Nov 13, 2009
ok---if u say so smiley
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 6:19pm On Nov 13, 2009
D'accord! cheesy cool
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 9:18pm On Nov 13, 2009
Hahahahahaha
koolchicco:

^^But we aint frm the same Village, are We cheesy

Dnt be too sure oh
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 9:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
Fhemmmy:

Hahahahahaha
Dnt be too sure oh

I'm sure, cos Am aint from Ikotekpene (his villa). tongue wink
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 10:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
koolchicco:

once u are so sure, that is nice
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 10:47pm On Nov 13, 2009
koolchicco:

i hope say u no dey yab me for ur language----- cry cry cry
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 11:08pm On Nov 13, 2009
posakosa:

i hope say u no dey yab me for your language-----  cry cry cry

Nahhh!! Ikotekpene is a town in Calabar. cool
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 11:14pm On Nov 13, 2009
Is Jooda a calabar name ? Do you know ?  Isi-Ewu is a calabar dish--yea  ?
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 11:24pm On Nov 13, 2009
posakosa:

Is Jooda a calabar name ? Do you know ?  Isi-Ewu is a calabar dish--yea  ?

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2009
Im sorry, did I say something wrong ? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by koolchicco: 11:31pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^Not really. . cool
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 11:33pm On Nov 13, 2009
oooh k---- i guess u don't know where Isi-Ewu hails from---- nor do you know if Jooda is a calabar name ?
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 1:22am On Nov 14, 2009
posakosa:

oooh k---- i guess u don't know where Isi-Ewu hails from---- nor do you know if Jooda is a calabar name ?

i must admit that while i was growing up, never travelled Nigeria, so only know handful of states . . . . cry but will visit all the states wen i visit Nija sha.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by posakosa(m): 2:28am On Nov 14, 2009
I think that you have to visit all the states on different visits--- Nigeria is pretty big place to visit all in one visit--- if you know what I mean
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 3:44am On Nov 14, 2009
Ofcourse, i cant visit at one visit.
But cant wait to visit them all.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by mavenbox: 2:11am On Nov 17, 2009
[exits thread kiss kissing it goodbye]
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by mohawkchic(f): 4:04am On Nov 17, 2009
[size=14pt]~Any quick fix tips/home remedies on what to apply to heal Stem Burn? I've got me a pain in the forearm stem burn. .angry red & puffed up . . . A first for me. . .

~I applied butter on it. . . undecided still puffed up. . .any suggestions?
[/size]
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by shilling(f): 7:53am On Jan 31, 2010
Sooooooooooo many, I'll get back to this.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Fhemmmy: 3:32am On Feb 01, 2010
Clean up after yourself
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by lahips: 3:17pm On Mar 18, 2010
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by yesboss20(m): 4:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
Learnt to always wash the dishes as soon as possible and keep the kitchen humanely clean.
Also learnt a lot of patterns and short-cuts to cooking various meals. smiley
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by denzel2009: 7:23pm On Aug 19, 2010
Learnt to do ahh ahh to gizzard before cutting it.

Learnt not to talk while removing chicken feathers cos they tend to grow back while talking.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by mamagee3(f): 8:39pm On Aug 19, 2010
I learnt how to prepare pasta and spaghetti. . .

One of the most delicious meals I have ever tasted in my life! kiss
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by kieryn(f): 2:00am On Aug 20, 2010
I learn by sight. Mama never ate food cooked by her children neither by anyone else. She told me to simmer my meat and sauces not boil it to maintain flavor. To use cornstarch to marinate meat along with spices to keep it moist when cooked. Clean as you cook. How to make quick soup in 30 min or less. Remindin me that each soup is unique as the individual I have to come us with my style.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by chi21: 3:24am On Aug 20, 2010
i learn from my dad dont talk while turning the food  or your mouth will fall in the pot
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by sophy09: 5:24am On Aug 20, 2010
I learned to boil meat or chicken with garlic and ginger. I hated it then but now I appreciate it. The worst one she did was blending pepper with ginger and garlic. Damn I had to cook different soup entirely.
Re: Which Kitchen Rituals Did You Learn From Your Mother? by Nobody: 5:27am On Aug 20, 2010
sophy09:

I learned to boil meat or chicken with garlic and ginger. I hated it then but now I appreciate it. The worst one she did was blending pepper with ginger and garlic. Damn I had to cook different soup entirely.

Why do you appreciate it now?

Does it benefit you healthwise?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Are Our Markets Always Dirty? / ###EUROSONIC DISTRIBUTOR: Get Your Kitchen/home Appliances @ Wholesale Prices. / Price Of This Item At Tantalizer And Sweet Sensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.