Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,441 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900050 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Xenadarl: 5:47am On May 25, 2016
[quote author=bubelahot post=45927808]Ha...I Don tire... The soonest apointment at downtown Houston passport office is on the 2nd June. ....
Wish it was earlier...I am running out of time... Be4 I can start d Nigeria visa thing...
I tire..
Any.suggestions cry[/quote

You could check another county or depending on where you are or how easy it is for you to travrl apply for a Nigerian passport. You can apply in person in New York orWashington. Not too sure about their office in Atlanta and passport issuance. This way you don't need to wait for the US passport to be ready before applying to the Nigerian embassy and the passport can be collected same day or worse case scenario sent to you in a week.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 6:35am On May 25, 2016
@nnystc,

You are a darling for taking out your time,e-hugs dearie.

I think I will go to emirate myself and find out the rerouting stuff. Think my agent wants to open refinery on my head.

Modified
Think it will be cheaper to just get connecting flight from Houston to LA.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dj4wealth: 7:54am On May 25, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:
It appears that Stanbic has increased their exchange rate to $1 to N315.

Be warned.

...it will still go up. No more official rate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mom4ever: 7:56am On May 25, 2016
Hi. Pls, for LA mamas, does the notarized consent form for American passport have to be from the embassy alone or can a lawyer's own also be used. I know fr Houston, I doesn't have to be from d embassy. Is LA also liberal?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mom4ever: 8:02am On May 25, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Hi every one .... Has any momma used pampers swaddler a for thier babies? How was it .

It's wonderful, soft, and dry on baby. Used it first 2 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 9:26am On May 25, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

The swaddlers are actually best for little babies who haven't started moving much. When baby gets older the little movers or cruisers are better.

In my opinion pampers swaddlers are okay for newborns but from 6 months and above I'd definitely go for huggies. Infact with this baby I started with huggies from the start it provides more protection than pampers in my experience. Same way I prefer Dr brown for training pants, cheaper and equally effective.

Yes..true
How's your baby? Congratulations and your story reminds me of Gods miracles
I pray that you find Gods favour in finding a new house help
When it's time il check the training pants by Dr Browns
For now, little movers is bae smiley..we are 7 months and using size 4
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tmmum: 9:57am On May 25, 2016
Egba mi oooooooo

I went for my interview yesterday in abj but was turned back cos I made an error on my appointment form...I still can't explain how I filled my visa payment receipt number instead of my ds 160 number. I was told to wait for two days for my visa receipt to be revalidated before I can reschedule another appointment .although my receipt is yet to be revalidated but I can see that the next available date is July 12 in abj and June 27 in Lag. I am considering using the expedite option to book an appointment as I am currently 29weeks gone.
Pls does anyone have any info on expedite option for the purpose of childbirth? Pls help a jjc
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 10:24am On May 25, 2016
@Nnystc,NNE,thanks a million oh,God bless you.that's the spirit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by suebabe: 10:27am On May 25, 2016
Just read that CBN has decided to devalue naira to 250 to $1, please how true is this , am so worried
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:35am On May 25, 2016
Mom4ever:

Thank u mummy

It's wonderful, soft, and dry on baby. Used it first 2 months.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:36am On May 25, 2016
Popri:
thanks a lot

It depends on your baby
I used pampers swaddlers from NB to size 1..Il rate it very good, it's absorbancy is excellent but my baby had diaper rash so I switched to huggies little snugglers which suited her skin...I attempted using pampers swaddlers again in size 3 and the diaper rashes reappeared again so I just abandoned it
IMO, pampers swaddlers absorbs well but huggies is softer and absorbancy is also good
From size 3..I used huggies little movers not snug and dry, which I will rate excellent...it absorbs VERY well, it VERY soft and it has large wings which prevents leakage

Il rate Huggies Little Movers higher than pampers cruisers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:38am On May 25, 2016
I applied for expedited interview ... I told them my doctor advised me to travel at most 30 weeks because of my health conditions as well . And they replied me that same day and gave me appointment for 5 days later . Try ur luck
quote author=Tmmum post=45949653]Egba mi oooooooo

I went for my interview yesterday in abj but was turned back cos I made an error on my appointment form...I still can't explain how I filled my visa payment receipt number instead of my ds 160 number. I was told to wait for two days for my visa receipt to be revalidated before I can reschedule another appointment .although my receipt is yet to be revalidated but I can see that the next available date is July 12 in abj and June 27 in Lag. I am considering using the expedite option to book an appointment as I am currently 29weeks gone.
Pls does anyone have any info on expedite option for the purpose of childbirth? Pls help a jjc[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 10:40am On May 25, 2016
Ladies,
You're welcome, and thanks for your patience too.
Oo ife anyi na emelu onwe anyi... grin grin

ijeomaobi1:
@nnystc,

You are a darling for taking out your time,e-hugs dearie.

I think I will go to emirate myself and find out the rerouting stuff. Think my agent wants to open refinery on my head.

Modified
Think it will be cheaper to just get connecting flight from Houston to LA.
veleta:
@Nnystc,NNE,thanks a million oh,God bless you.that's the spirit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:40am On May 25, 2016
Beryl15:

Oga, Able15 answered you Na.
Yes they are reliable, I was able to reschedule my flight and buy baby ticket directly from the airline.

Perfect! Used it from NB to 3months for my 1st.

Thanks a lot ma

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:41am On May 25, 2016
customised87:

Pampers swaddlers is excellent, i used it for my baby and brought some to Nigeria too.
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:41am On May 25, 2016
ifeoluwakintan:
The US pampers swaddlers is a lot better. I prefer it than Huggies.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tmmum: 10:50am On May 25, 2016
Thanks mum twins for your response.

Pls which doctors report did you take along.. Nig/ Us doctors report and which other docs did you take along. I apologise if the qst seems stupid.

[quote author=Mumtwins08 post=45950972]I applied for expedited interview ... I told them my doctor advised me to travel at most 30 weeks because of my health conditions as well . And they replied me that same day and gave me appointment for 5 days later . Try ur luck
quote author=Tmmum post=45949653]Egba mi oooooooo

I went for my interview yesterday in abj but was turned back cos I made an error on my appointment form...I still can't explain how I filled my visa payment receipt
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 10:54am On May 25, 2016
Tmmum:
Thanks mum twins for your response.

Pls which doctors report did you take along.. Nig/ Us doctors report and which other docs did you take along. I apologise if the qst seems stupid.

I took a letter from my doctor here ... A letter from the hospital there . Although I was only asked for the hospital letter from USA .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Tmmum: 12:27pm On May 25, 2016
I'm very grateful...you have no idea how much this means to me. God bless you and all the other heroes making this thread worth it.

Mumtwins08:

I took a letter from my doctor here ... A letter from the hospital there . Although I was only asked for the hospital letter from USA .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:37pm On May 25, 2016
Popri:

Yes..true
How's your baby? Congratulations and your story reminds me of Gods miracles
I pray that you find Gods favour in finding a new house help
When it's time il check the training pants by Dr Browns
For now, little movers is bae smiley..we are 7 months and using size 4

Thanks a lot. She's fine, won't let me sleep. Hahaha. God is ever faithful,ever true.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Able15: 2:40pm On May 25, 2016
no it must not be from the embassy. as at early this year, i used the one from my lawyer and it was accepted.
Mom4ever:
Hi. Pls, for LA mamas, does the notarized consent form for American passport have to be from the embassy alone or can a lawyer's own also be used. I know fr Houston, I doesn't have to be from d embassy. Is LA also liberal?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 3:20pm On May 25, 2016
Hello Mamas, please who has had to remove a cerclage in Houston? How much did it cost and which doctor did you use.

Abeg epp a sis out. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mama2016: 3:33pm On May 25, 2016
Hi all. I have been a background member of this thread since TTC days. thanks to everyone for making this thread a very informative one. Una do well. I was so armed with info from this thread.
Went for our interview this morning in Lagos with my visible belle, hubby and mom.
Vo: gd morning
We: morning
Vo: why are you going to the US?
Me: to have our baby.
Vo: have u contacted any hosp in the US?
Me: yes, (asked to see the corespondence).i gave him
Vo: why this hospital?
Me:we made our research and a family friend also recommended the hosp.
Vo: how much do you think this trip will cost you?
Me: we made a budget already, going by that should be around $***
Vo: (Faces my hubby who is the sponsor) what do you do?
DH: blah blah blah
Vo: At this point, ur visas have been approved....
Gave us the white paper and said something about receipts but joy don scatter my heart, I nor hear.
A lot of people were rejected today o! Saw one preggy woman who apparently had a correspondence from the midwife, She was rejected.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:37pm On May 25, 2016
Mama2016:
Hi all. I have been a background member of this thread since TTC days. thanks to everyone for making this thread a very informative one. Una do well. I was so armed with info from this thread.
Went for our interview this morning in Lagos with my visible belle, hubby and mom.
Vo: gd morning
We: morning
Vo: why are you going to the US?
Me: to have our baby.
Vo: have u contacted any hosp in the US?
Me: yes, (asked to see the corespondence).i gave him
Vo: why this hospital?
Me:we made our research and a family friend also recommended the hosp.
Vo: how much do you think this trip will cost you?
Me: we made a budget already, going by that should be around $***
Vo: (Faces my hubby who is the sponsor) what do you do?
DH: blah blah blah
Vo: At this point, ur visas have been approved....
Gave us the white paper and said something about receipts but joy don scatter my heart, I nor hear.
A lot of people were rejected today o! Saw one preggy woman who apparently had a correspondence from the midwife, She was rejected.
Congrats o! Mid wetin? But the midwide sef get mind. She actually sent correspondence lipsrsealed
Chai! The antelope thinks itself an eagle cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by donugapi(m): 3:55pm On May 25, 2016
Ajujuju2:

Pls what shipping company did you use?

We used a company called Grand Belle in New York.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 4:25pm On May 25, 2016
please house, have any body used dallas forth worth (DFW) international airport as point of entry..how was it?
.pls share your experience
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 4:58pm On May 25, 2016
Please house, do I need a consent letter from my husband to apply for the Nigerian visa. ..
Pls prompt response needed ooooo... Thank you...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 5:13pm On May 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Congrats o! Mid wetin? But the midwide sef get mind. She actually sent correspondence lipsrsealed
Chai! The antelope thinks itself an eagle cheesy

@LadyG .. I followed you and sent you a mail.. Please kindly accept and follow back..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:36pm On May 25, 2016
ccemordi:

@LadyG .. I followed you and sent you a mail.. Please kindly accept and follow back..
U actually dnt need to follow me to pm me. Please no vex. State the issue/ ask the question here. I prefer that as my own personal checks and balances against yarning nansense. From the time u sent the pm, we fr don yarn the thing finish enter another gist sef if u don post the thing here
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 6:20pm On May 25, 2016
Just when i wan start my enjoyment sad standard chartered just broke my heart like Stanbic . Got dis mail from dem ryt now. Na to dey withdraw till den daily o. I was able to withdraw $200 via atm in Walmart at the rate of N277 per $. No further charge(s) whatsoever.

House, what's the max one can do on money order? Since their limit na $10,000 annually and all can be used in 2 months or 3months.

Abeg gurus...how I fit withdraw reasonable amount before month end?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 6:25pm On May 25, 2016
biollar1:
Just when i wan start my enjoyment sad standard chartered just broke my heart like Stanbic . Got dis mail from dem ryt now. Na to dey withdraw till den daily o. I was able to withdraw $200 via atm in Walmart at the rate of N277 per $. No further charge(s) whatsoever.

House, what's the max one can do on money order? Since their limit na $10,000 annually and all can be used in 2 months or 3months.

Abeg gurus...how I fit withdraw reasonable amount before month end?
Hello dear, r u in Houston... Make we hook up... As per phone things here in Houston ....will send you my phone no.if its okay by you via pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 6:28pm On May 25, 2016
biollar1:
Wow! Standard chartered is still the best den o

Used the card to pay via pos and was charged N277 to a $.

Their annual restriction I heard is $10,000 too which u can use within 2 months if u so please.

Standard chartered just sent a mail dis evening that from June 1st you will no longer be able to use your naira debit and credit cards for international transactions. That is is due to the current volatility in the foreign exchange market

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.