Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897901 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 9:52am On May 26, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Hello sir,

If you scroll up this page ( this very page oh!!!) You'll see that I mentioned GTB's most recent charge for atm.

This thread may not be of much use to you if you don't try to read up at least a little. I understand that you want to get information but the easiest way is to read up. Almost everything has been said at least thrice. Your constant one line questions make it obvious that you haven't bothered to read up and that's why you rarely get responses.

Na una get time de answer am. He/she is waiting for his/her minions to spoonfeed him/her. Everyone has tried to explain nicely that this is a DIY thread, e no wan hear. Me that kuku took my time AND data plus midnight jacking o to read parts 1-4 nko. Now my sense has increased. I can advise people, I have learned from my mistakes... I yam blessed.
The kain Luckysomborri has refused to accept wisdom and be blessed. He wee not face unku gogle to ansa. No he wee come here and be trying the oxytocin induced vexing of preggie mamas plus the rage of sleep deprivation that comes from all night breastfeeding of awa nursing mothers. Na this kain tin de make me wan throw preggie tantrum! MTSCHEeeeEEEEEEEWWWWW

22 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Egonne1(f): 10:00am On May 26, 2016
Hello people, thought to update the house, I was finally able to get the 32 pages Nigerian passport for my LO at Ikoyi passport office for 22000, got it within two days of applying. Sent necessary documents to the immigration guy on Monday, went for capturing yesterday and was ready later the same day. So for anyone interested in getting theirs too.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 11:44am On May 26, 2016
ROTFL

Lajoie33:

Na una get time de answer am. He/she is waiting for his/her minions to spoonfeed him/her. Everyone has tried to explain nicely that this is a DIY thread, e no wan hear. Me that kuku took my time AND data plus midnight jacking o to read parts 1-4 nko. Now my sense has increased. I can advise people, I have learned from my mistakes... I yam blessed.
The kain Luckysomborri has refused to accept wisdom and be blessed. He wee not face unku gogle to ansa. No he wee come here and be trying the oxytocin induced vexing of preggie mamas plus the rage of sleep deprivation that comes from all night breastfeeding of awa nursing mothers. Na this kain tin de make me wan throw preggie tantrum! MTSCHEeeeEEEEEEEWWWWW

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 12:50pm On May 26, 2016
Virtuousdiva:

Dallas Forth Worth...One POE that still gladdens my heart...I booked a flight via British Airways to Elpaso and choose the option of waiting for 4hrs to connect to elpaso in case they decide to take me in for secondary questioning and ended up spending only 20mins answering questions,waiting for my bag and just sat through the whole 3hrs plus waiting for my flight..

Me:Good afternoon
Vo:Good afternoon,so why are you in dallas today
Me:Childbirth Sir
VO:Really Step back let me take a look at you
Me: i did oo and he saw belle(i wore top,jean and sneakers) so i wonder how him no see.Asked me how far gone.i said 35weeks and 4days as BA permits 36 to fly and i was indeed 35 and 4days
VO:Do you have a doctor's correspondence,i said yes,he asked for it,checked it
VO:Do you have other kids?
Me:I said Yes i do,they are back in Nigeria while showing him their zero balance,he just glances through and gives me back.
VO:Do you have your landing card with you?
Me:I said Yes,gives it to him and he turns the back to check the foodstuff i listed and returns it to me(i took everything takeable excluding yams,oil and seeds).
VO:Do you have money to declare...i didnt cos i went with 8k cash and cards.If you have cash to declare, they will just direct you to someone that will count it.
VO:Okay maam,enjoy your stay in elpaso and remember to pay your bills as you did for the others and get your receipts.
Me:Thank you Sir.Have a nice day.
He then directed me to where i picked my box from Agriculture..Before i got there,they had already screened mine so i just took my box,gave them my landing card and went to wait for my flight to elpaso....
I forgot to add..This trip was made early last year.
thank you very much..will be leaving ending june .............i shall post my own testimony here

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by desoul: 12:58pm On May 26, 2016
customised87:

DFW is bae, no stress whatsoever. All in all, na favour sure pass.
thank you..intend leaving ending of june...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 1:46pm On May 26, 2016
justwise:

[/b]

Yes and that was because you posted two numbers one for government and another for private agent
Ah private agent ke? That's the government number ke.i no use private agent o.thats the number on us government website.its an automated call.u speak to machine when u call

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phemmy26(m): 4:04pm On May 26, 2016
United airlines would cease operations from nigeria as of june 30th 2016.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:36pm On May 26, 2016
Thank you chevroi for telling us what we already know here. From time Imemorial, we have been locating cheap hospitals by ourselves and posting their services and costs hereon free of charge. Abi una agency dey run the service free?

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 5:13pm On May 26, 2016
biollar1:
It depends on the Poe ...I came in with 2 cartons of indomie ONIONS and scaled thru. I know of someone that came in thru Etihad (Abu Dhabi) Poe and all was seized. So my dear it depends on the Poe and they don't like anything chicken ...just do Onions.

Thanks biollar1, I have told them to buy Onion
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 5:24pm On May 26, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I believe sme mamas here hav gone with uup to a carton. Tthe chicken is the issue. Any meat /fish flavour is usuallly siezed. Why dontt u just get her a carton with no meat flavour? That may mean getting a different brand from indomie. No stress that woman o! grin

Lol, thank you, i dont want to stress her o, they will get onions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 5:38pm On May 26, 2016
Hello mamac and papas finally my little angle has arrived I want to thank each and everyone of you that has contributed to this forum. my story. Work up early hours of the 23rd of May to peeonly to find out I was peeing blood, told my mum and she said it was time to go to the hospital.

On getting there I was checked in. Baby and mother where both doing well but mother was not not dilated. I was still 2cm after 24hours my doctor had to out me on meds to help with the dilating. So my mum and I started to pary finally I was 4cm but the meds was not good for the baby as his heart rate was droping drestically. Do y doctor said we would have to do a CS my face dropped was unhappy about this as I had budgeted for VD. Mind you baby was still at risk we both where.

Finally my mum told me it's the will of God. To cut the story short my baby came yesterday he weighed 6.25 pound and is very healthy. Mother is still under recovery. I just want to thank God for my life and that of my baby because we where both at full risk.

My only worry is this bill but am sure God will do it again for me. Help me thank God everyone.

43 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tonjub(f): 5:41pm On May 26, 2016
Waoooh! Am so happy for you. Good things always happen to good people. I don't know you from Adam neither have I seen you before but the way you were so passionate about my matter made me believe that Angels still exist. Your delivery and ur stay testimony will surpass this one. Amen.
My people....

Was actually waiting for my mum's interview today before sharing both her interview experience and my POE rundown .

Myself,hubby,son and long belle left Lagos at 35weeks+! Via Lagos-Frankfurt-Newark-Houston. Was asked for fit to fly .Had very good seat, nice leg space and empty seats behind me, so I had a row to myself, Hostesses were really nice n friendly and really made me comfortable.
I also requested for wheel chair (it made all the difference in the world). Thanks to @evemama for the heads up. Which kain 33mins waka be that.
For my burden of proof i had: $8,100 cash, receipt of payment made to the hospital ,Doctor's appointment letter, estimated budget sheet, return ticket, Letter of Introduction from my employer and Maternity leave document from my office portal.
I was wheeled to the CBP , stood up for proper interview and this is my transcript. (He actually saw my lady finger belle and pretended not to) undecided

CBP: You guys are here for vacation?
Hubby and I: No, To have our Baby
CBP: You said vacation?
Me: No, I said to have our baby
CBP: Oh I didn't notice
CBP: How long are you here for?
Me: 7weeks
CBP: You gat some paperwork?
Me: Yes, hands him my medical recs,
CBP: Is this all u've gat?
Hubby quickly whispered receipt n all
Me: Oh I'm sorry.
CBP: Stamps hubby and son in.

(He kept typing and typing and then he says I need to go for secondary inspection to verify my documents)
Me: No problem ( was actually prepared for dis) for my mind...I was like no shaking grin

At secondary inspection, we sat for about 15mins and I was called.
Here's the drama:
Strolled to the CBP lady that called me.
CBP: hi ma'am
Me: Hello
CBP: here are ur docs/passport, hand them over to the security outside the door. Thank you.
Me: lobatan o! I no read dis one for the thread o. Which kain one be dis? I refused to leave her sight. She was already typing on her system.
Me: Excuse me, I was sent here for secondary inspection
CBP: And I've done just that.
Me: (made like 2 steps from there while trying to give hubby d I'm confused/trouble sign). I was whispering to myself...No freaking way mehn....atawewe don make am dis far, fret not Biola. So I went back to her. cry undecided
Me: Sorry Ma'am, I mean ...I was sent here for secondary inspection and u just handed my docs back to me.
CBP: (smiling and in a very polite manner) Ma'am, I have done that...seen ur receipts and all, verified and u r good to go.
Me: (Smiling back) Oh thanks.

So off to agric, I brought in all sorts dried ponmo,frozen palm oil in Sprite plastic bottle, grinded and ungrinded crayfish, prawns, snacks for my son and his drinks, diff types of dried fish,stock fish, grounded melon seed,packs of knorr chicken,set of curry,thyme and pepper,grinded pepper,yams,dried locust beans,oloyin beans,olootu beans,garri,semo..can't rem all sef.

My yams were seized and e pain me die even as I bury dem reach among my clothes.
Immediately when asked if we had yams, my hubby no even allow dem land before he said Yes emphatically.
I was even trying to use my belle to blackmail dem, with cravings and all but dem no yield.

Wheel chairs are advisable if u r transiting thru Frankfurt o. Also think direct flights are better for preggies cos d stopping and entering got to me at the end. But don't blame me I was trying to avoid houston wahala!

Testimony No 2:
My Mum got her visa this morning in Lagos,she went with her burden of proofs but was not checked. As advised by Happytbaby, she requested for interpreter and the VO asked her if she cud try and she said yes.
Was asked Just 2 questions ( where are u going and why). She replied and White paper given to her and Vo is typing, my mama refused to go o, the security guy came and explained to her and she said she wants her passport that how cum dey collected passport from her and gave her just half a paper.
The guy had to explain the whole process to her again.

I'm grateful to all esp my rose model ladyguinivere, Happytbaby, firsttymum, chloe7, evemama, modath,Omodadi2,theleakytribe, Feddy27, bisoye82 and everybody.

May all our journeys be fruitful and smooth and May the good lord crown all our efforts positively.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mom4ever: 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
[quote author=Able15 post=45957839]no it must not be from the embassy. as at early this year, i used the one from my lawyer and it was accepted.[/quote

Thanks.]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:59pm On May 26, 2016
CassyO:
Hello mamac and papas finally my little angle has arrived I want to thank each and everyone of you that has contributed to this forum. my story. Work up early hours of the 23rd of May to peeonly to find out I was peeing blood, told my mum and she said it was time to go to the hospital.

On getting there I was checked in. Baby and mother where both doing well but mother was not not dilated. I was still 2cm after 24hours my doctor had to out me on meds to help with the dilating. So my mum and I started to pary finally I was 4cm but the meds was not good for the baby as his heart rate was droping drestically. Do y doctor said we would have to do a CS my face dropped was unhappy about this as I had budgeted for VD. Mind you baby was still at risk we both where.

Finally my mum told me it's the will of God. To cut the story short my baby came yesterday he weighed 6.25 pound and is very healthy. Mother is still under recovery. I just want to thank God for my life and that of my baby because we where both at full risk.

My only worry is this bill but am sure God will do it again for me. Help me thank God everyone.
Nne I thank God with u and your family. Mother and baby doing well trumps cost any day o! Do u know how much people have spent to reach the stage of mother and baby doing well?
God will make a way u'hear?enjoy your baby and give him a kiss from auntie LadyG

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrYagi: 6:19pm On May 26, 2016
i hail ooo.
please anyone here had issues collecting babies BC with just international passport as means of identification,
DW was told to bring another source of identification such as drivers license in addition to the int. passport she presented
in houston.unfortunately her passport and visa are the only means of identification with her.
Can someone with experience on this issue show me a way forward?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 6:20pm On May 26, 2016
CassyO:

Congratulations latest mummy. Trust God he'll provide.

See ehn this story you shared is the exact way my first child's birth went. The only difference being that I dilated till 9cm and stopped dilating. The Pitocin caused my son's heart rate to drop each time it was administered and I had used epidural so there was no option of walking around to speed things up. I also developed high blood pressure in the final moments. I ended up having a CS.

I automatically got an additional 1,500 hospital bill, 900 for the doctor. We had prepaid for Vaginal delivery. We were low on cash because being our first child qe had shopped the whole Dallas and shipped to Naija, haha!

We prayed for Gods provision. Guess what. Immediately my husband shared the news that our son had been born, one of his friends called and said 'I know you won't remember this but I've been owing you this $1,500 since I left naija, I just feel you'll need it now'. In truth my husband had forgotten. That was how we paid the outstanding hospital bill. The remaining $900 we paid from cash gifts people brought while we were still in the hospital oh. We left with our full receipts and zero balance.

CassyO the God who did it for me will do it for you. Worry not, pray instead.I can't wait to hear your testimony. God will cause your helpers to locate you at this time IJN.

44 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by telias: 6:40pm On May 26, 2016
MommaT:

Thanks biollar1, I have told them to buy Onion

I'd actually advise oriental flavour (very nice) cos onion flavour is still onion-chicken. My colleague's own was seized. But the thing is quite scarce. You'll find at Spar in Lagos or any online store line supermartng and co
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifax(f): 7:33pm On May 26, 2016
Indomie onion CHICKEN flavor

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:06pm On May 26, 2016
swappylove:

Ah private agent ke? That's the government number ke.i no use private agent o.thats the number on us government website.its an automated call.u speak to machine when u call

Madam you posted another number from an agent which is not government
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 8:27pm On May 26, 2016
@cassyo,

Congratulations darling. Welcome LO, pls don't worry about d bill biko. Relax and take care of the angel.

@suebabe,

Ehhmm..... Biko read this part 4 very well. The answer is hidden inside. grin shocked

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ajiedeko(f): 8:41pm On May 26, 2016
Congrats Cassy,

All will be well in Jesus Name. Amen

CassyO:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 8:42pm On May 26, 2016
feddy27:

You can buy indomie onions; they normally seize indomie chicken

Thank you, we got onions

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:52pm On May 26, 2016
Congrats cassie.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by DrPrincess: 9:03pm On May 26, 2016
MommaT:

Lol, thank you, i dont want to stress her o, they will get onions

I think it depends on d poe n d person checking. My noodles were collected at atl cos he (at agriculture check) said even though it ws nt written on d pack, it ws part of d ingredients. I ws so shocked, n he went ahead to show me chicken written as part of d ingredients.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 11:03pm On May 26, 2016
Hi everyone .... United airline will stop flying Nigeria to Houston from June 30 .... Due to forex embarassed

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 11:07pm On May 26, 2016
Hi everyone,

United Airlines would like to inform you that our flight operations will cease from Nigeria as of June 30th, 2016. The last flight from Houston to Lagos (UA142) will operate on June 29th, 2016 and Lagos to Houston (UA143) on June 30th, 2016.

United will be offering the following to all affected passengers:

Wholly unused ticketed customers with departure after June 30th , 2016:
United will offer a full refund with all applicable fees waived.
Customers who commence travel before June 30th , 2016: United will re-protect customers to alternative carriers for their inbound trip.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:15pm On May 26, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Hi everyone .... United airline will stop flying Nigeria to Houston from June 30 .... Due to forex embarassed

Dunno whether to laugh or cry. All I can say is they should have been patient.

Anyways, Arik, take the wheels
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isysleek: 11:43pm On May 26, 2016
United airline to stop flying to Nigeria after June 30th. Just thought to share.

http://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2016/05/ha-united-airlines-to-end-their-flights.html
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 11:54pm On May 26, 2016
CassyO:

Congrats dear, no worry about bills. Times are hard yes but your life and that of the baby is more important. There is always the option of payment plan.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 12:00am On May 27, 2016
When I went to pick my daughters Bc in dallas they also took a hospital bill that had my name.
MrYagi:
i hail ooo.
please anyone here had issues collecting babies BC with just international passport as means of identification,
DW was told to bring another source of identification such as drivers license in addition to the int. passport she presented
in houston.unfortunately her passport and visa are the only means of identification with her.
Can someone with experience on this issue show me a way forward?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 12:03am On May 27, 2016
justwise:

Madam you posted another number from an agent which is not government
I didn't post any other number oooooo.this is what I posted and the number there is us government passport agency; swappylove:

OK now I understand u now.i am actually talking about the passport agency.dallas passport agency which u can use if u are pressed for time.n u don't pay any extra, just the 65dollars expediting fee.
It's on 1100 commerce street.however call 8774872778 to book an appointment first.
Anyway I rest my case!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.