Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,634 members, 7,809,371 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897924 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 6:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
ezigbozi:

Stanbic is still selling but say you must have held an account with them for 2 months.
Ah good news!!!!! Any idea how much?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 6:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
ezigbozi:

Stanbic is still selling but say you must have held an account with them for 2 months.

Pls Ezigbozi, how do i go aout it. I have submitted my PTA form in PH since 3 week but no response...
Pls help my travel date is exactly a week
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by yokus(f): 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Not Simple @Nerf. I did that, but airline referred me back to my agent. I noticed they dont like to be involved when you buy through an agent, like someone else said, Delta doesnt mind, but some flights wont listen to anything if you buy from an agent. Oh well we learn everyday

Next tiime, buy frm them, make changes with airlines directly. Simple[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:03pm On Jun 23, 2016
chloe7:
if you buy from agent and want to make changes you contact airline they tell you to contact your agent, this has happened to me twice the only time I was able to use airline was when Airfrance offered me an upgrade to business class for 58k extra and I paid so they upgraded me, before then I attempted date change they said contact your agent and agent na wakanow undecided yeye people

I bought frm travelstart last week, had to make a few changes to my tkts, went to d airline, was able to change 3 tkt s for 10,500 each, when travelstart responded, dey gave me quote of almost 150k, I was jst laughing inside. I didn't bother responding.

To get cheaper fares, I use these agents but if I need to make changes, I go straight to the airlines. Has always worked for me, except KLM and Airfrance, I don't buy from agents.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:08pm On Jun 23, 2016
yokus:
Not Simple @Nerf. I did that, but airline referred me back to my agent. I noticed they dont like to be involved when you buy through an agent, like someone else said, Delta doesnt mind, but some flights wont listen to anything if you buy from an agent. Oh well we learn everyday

Next tiime, buy frm them, make changes with airlines directly. Simple

Yer, KLM, airfrance and Luftansa. Bt all other airlines will attend to you. It will shock you most fares (except promo tickets) may have free date change. Then d agent will just chop youfor nothing. I'm sure of Royal air maroc and Qatar. Always read and compare ur fare conditions before buying.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:14pm On Jun 23, 2016
temyb:
Please how I need clarifications on some things. Have cleared my bills and have gotten zero balance account but my question is about my twins still in the NICU.As at yesterday their bill is about $160,000 and I think they would be there till about 2 weeks although they are doing very well. The two are off oxygen and are even trying to get them to breastfeed and bottlefeed. My question is concerning the payment plan for the NICU,the hospital said they can't go beyond 45% discount and u have to pay within 6months. I have been talking to them&even their financial manager. She said it's the hospital policy&that is why they said I should apply for medic-aid for the twins under low-weight birth and preterm babies as they are citizens.
Am so disorganised right now as I know I can't raise that amount in 6months since am not dasuki or dangote. Have paid all my bills but the NICU for the babies is giving me sleepless night. I spoke with a Nigerian woman who just moved here,she had quadruplet last 2years in JPS,she said she paid all her bills but got medic-aid for the quadruplet as one even has a major operation as a premie. Please what is the best option I can go for

Eleyi gidi gan o! You may want to ask the VOs on immigration and non immigration thread. Hopefully, they can give a straightforward approach

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 8:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
My people times are different now o. I use my leg waka emirate office. Bought ticket for myself n DH. As waka don b one kind I come ask say if I wan change date aw much e go cost me. Dem say abt 300. DH was like wat? He confidential came to my office that's on same complex with emirate. I told himSir, just go to d airline and ask them all the questions now that u r here.

I bought d ticket when $ was 200. Now dollars don change and they said I can't get that class I bought initially so upgrade plus change of date is almost equal to old price of one seat

quote author=chloe7 post=46850086]if you buy from agent and want to make changes you contact airline they tell you to contact your agent, this has happened to me twice the only time I was able to use airline was when Airfrance offered me an upgrade to business class for 58k extra and I paid so they upgraded me, before then I attempted date change they said contact your agent and agent na wakanow undecided yeye people [/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 8:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
simplysu:

Congrats.
I'll suggest you fly arik; max 34 weeks to New York Poe. Philly Poe is a bit tricky. You can then take a shuttle to Philadelphia. It's about 50mins, and they'll drop you at you door and it's affordable too. That's what I did.
Hope it helps. My 2 kobo.

Hello simplysu,

Which site did you book a shuttle from JFK to Philly?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
Please I need cheap accommodation at elpaso. The rate given my extended stay is something else now. So diff from d mail doctores sent

@ vlesparza pls assist

Vlesparza:

Many people have used form A to make payment at Doctores Para Ti. Best bet is to use a different bank since Form A has always been accepted in El Paso.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 8:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
U can get 4000 dollars from ecobank d hav started selling yestday but it has to be ur month of travel and it takes 3 days to get
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 8:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
U can get 4000 dollars from ecobank d hav started selling yestday but it has to be ur month of travel and it takes 3 days to get .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 8:59pm On Jun 23, 2016
There has been a speculation sometime now as travel agents complained that they were unable to book their clients travelling from Nigeria to Dubai via Emirates. A confirmation came this afternoon via a mail sent by Emirates Airlines and social media after @emiratesSupport on twitter responded to a question from @sagetravels.

According to the Airlines, effective from 1st July 2016 their 2nd daily flight from Lagos to Dubai will be discontinued due to the unresolved difficulties in repatriating sales proceeds out of Nigeria. Henceforth, Emirates can only serve Nigeria with a daily flight from Lagos and Abuja respectively pending till when the situation gets better.

One of the top officials disclosed to Sagetravels that the Airline is not planning to leave Nigeria, as a matter of fact, they are monitoring the situation.

We are closely monitoring the situation and apologise to our customers for any inconvenience this may cause. He said.

Within the first quarter of the year, airlines serving Nigeria are facing challenges due to the foreign exchange restrictions. Recall that Iberia, the official airline of Spain exited Nigeria and just last month United airlines, the major airline from Lagos to Houston also existed Nigeria.

http://www.sagetravels.com/2016/06/emirates-airline-suspends-its-2nd-daily.html

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 9:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
Wats their rate. I was told it T+3days. I did not get though. They said my notice was short

mumnadine:
U can get 4000 dollars from ecobank d hav started selling yestday but it has to be ur month of travel and it takes 3 days to get .
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
Maggie0133:
Wats their rate. I was told it T+3days. I did not get though. They said my notice was short

I had submitted PTA request at Ecobank but I have not heard from them....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 10:00pm On Jun 23, 2016
Maggie0133:

its depends on the official rate on the day of collection dats d 3rd day T+3means 3rd day after submission.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 10:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

I had submitted PTA request at Ecobank but I have not heard from them....
i think you need to go back to the branch wre u applied to applied again coz d rates has change d old form is invalid.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Hello everyone, please am using doctor F (centre for womens health) and I intend using Houston methodist, but am still trying to get an affordable accommodation close to both d clinic n hospital. The one i got offers meals so i guess it will kinda make d bill higher. I want to be able to cook my own food. I would appreciate any suggestions/recommendations.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Miracletwinee: 11:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=temyb post=46856618

You are highly favored my dear. I will suggest that you explore all other options apart from the Medicaid. It should be your very last option in fact I feel that leaving the bill unpaid is still better than the Medicaid. If the bill is left unpaid it will be sent to collection after sometime. When you go for renewal the worst is to refuse you and ask you to go pay your bills but if you take Medicaid how will you pay back? Why don't you send an email to the NIV section of the embassy stating the situation at hand and ask for their advice on the issue of Medicaid. They will likely tell you not to take it. Print out their response and take it to the financial person in the hospital. When you get there just begin to cry and roll you know Naija style now? Just make sure you form very well for them. Ask them to even discharge the children since you won't be able to pay and you don't want to do something illegal. I know they will definitely not discharge but you may be surprise that they may end up giving you an affordable bill on humanitarian ground since you are self paid. My one kobo it might or might not work.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
Miracletwinee:

You are highly favored my dear. I will suggest that you explore all other options apart from the Medicaid. It should be your very last option in fact I feel that leaving the bill unpaid is still better than the Medicaid. If the bill is left unpaid it will be sent to collection after sometime. When you go for renewal the worst is to refuse you and ask you to go pay your bills but if you take Medicaid how will you pay back? Why don't you send an email to the NIV section of the embassy stating the situation at hand and ask for their advice on the issue of Medicaid. They will likely tell you not to take it. Print out their response and take it to the financial person in the hospital. When you get there just begin to cry and roll you know Naija style now? Just make sure you form very well for them. Ask them to even discharge the children since you won't be able to pay and you don't want to do something illegal. I know they will definitely not discharge but you may be surprise that they may end up giving you an affordable bill on humanitarian ground since you are self paid. My one kobo it might or might not work.

I don't agree with the bolded. I advise never, ever, ever leave a bill abandoned. It will go to collections accrue interest, and such information will be circulated to all agencies including law enforcement.

If you say the worst that will happen is dat u get a refusal, what happens to the interest accrued on $160k

if she takes medicaid what's d worst that will happens? She will kukuma return to 9ja and impose 10yrs ban on herself. After 10 years it's back to square 1. Pls don't consider abandoning a bill in US, and don't advise someone else to. The outcome can be devastating.

You also asked her to tell them to discharge the children in NICU? Have you heard of child protection services? If she makes such a fuss, she may likely lose custody of those children, CPS takes over the kids, then applies for medicaid, since they are US citizens so what is now her gain?

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 11:41pm On Jun 23, 2016
Miracletwinee:

Thank you so much miracletwine, I have cried my eyes out in front of these people,I don't want to fall into depression. Have asked them to please give me payment plan,they said their policy is 6months. I have sleepless night as I am,in fact to them I have plenty money I want to pay that is why I don't want medic-aid for my kids. I am just tired
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 11:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
[quote author=nefertitiram post=46868307][/quote]

I would never abandone bill,that is the last thing on my mind. Infant social service are already on my neck. They are monitoring the babies like fly. They are like why don't I want. Am just scared of a whole lot of things. They are even telling me that those children are their children so any small thing they are taking them. Why don't I want medic-aid bla bla bla. I tiya o,I can't tell them to discharge my babies. That one is offence
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 11:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
nefertitiram:

No be me o!

@temyb the above is for you.

Thank u,in fact the $150 is just for 2 weeks oooo&they are still there. Believing God for the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 12:09am On Jun 24, 2016
MommaT:
Please how much was the Air France infant ticket?
And did you get a bassinet?

You should always get a bassinet unless d plane ia iverbooked with infants den it becomes a "first come firat served" basis.
With some airlines you can choose ur bassinet seat at check-in online while othera will assign you the seats.
However just to satisfy mslf i always ask at d checking that they confirm it's a bassinet seat.

Ticket over the phone $372.40 @ d airport $198.60.
But its not always guaranteed that the airport will be cheaper. Sometimes its a gamble dependent of travel season.

So weigh your risks and pray for favour.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 12:17am On Jun 24, 2016
temyb:
Please how I need clarifications on some things. Have cleared my bills and have gotten zero balance account but my question is about my twins still in the NICU.As at yesterday their bill is about $160,000 and I think they would be there till about 2 weeks although they are doing very well. The two are off oxygen and are even trying to get them to breastfeed and bottlefeed. My question is concerning the payment plan for the NICU,the hospital said they can't go beyond 45% discount and u have to pay within 6months. I have been talking to them&even their financial manager. She said it's the hospital policy&that is why they said I should apply for medic-aid for the twins under low-weight birth and preterm babies as they are citizens.
Am so disorganised right now as I know I can't raise that amount in 6months since am not dasuki or dangote. Have paid all my bills but the NICU for the babies is giving me sleepless night. I spoke with a Nigerian woman who just moved here,she had quadruplet last 2years in JPS,she said she paid all her bills but got medic-aid for the quadruplet as one even has a major operation as a premie. Please what is the best option I can go for

Babe I don't know how u re going about urs mine total for baby hospital and icu for 10days was 67k and 11k dollars dat total of 78k.i went der I acted drama for dem both shouting and crying did it on two occasions first tym I try it came down to 14k plus last wk I went again it came down to 11k plus now.i now did a monthly plan .see most of dem hipe der moni on purpose esp for we self paid. Just imagine a bill of 78k now 11k put 2 n 2 togeda dey know wat dey re doing.dey keep saying dis our last discount but @ d end dey still give pls insist u cant afford it dey will definitely do something it was a traumatic one 4 me but hang in der for us ok.i even told dem wat is happening in nig now most pple re losing der jobs funny enof dey re so aware of nig wahala now.b4 I leave I will try to ask for more discount again even d 11k is still much for us.lastly wen u do monthly plan don't allow dem peg Amt for u.insist u will pay wat u can afford monthly.asin take an amt dat is favorable to u

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 12:29am On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=temyb post=46868378][/quote]

Don't let dem use ur head monthly plan is ur right.not any 6month
I was told dat in my hospital.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 12:35am On Jun 24, 2016
blaize777:

Babe I don't know how u re going about urs mine total for baby hospital and icu for 10days was 67k and 11k dollars dat total of 78k.i went der I acted drama for dem both shouting and crying did it on two occasions first tym I try it came down to 14k plus last wk I went again it came down to 11k plus now.i now did a monthly plan .see most of dem hipe der moni on purpose esp for we self paid. Just imagine a bill of 78k now 11k put 2 n 2 togeda dey know wat dey re doing.dey keep saying dis our last discount but @ d end dey still give pls insist u cant afford it dey will definitely do something it was a traumatic one 4 me but hang in der for us ok.i even told dem wat is happening in nig now most pple re losing der jobs funny enof dey re so aware of nig wahala now.b4 I leave I will try to ask for more discount again even d 11k is still much for us.lastly wen u do monthly plan don't allow dem peg Amt for u.insist u will pay wat u can afford monthly.asin take an amt dat is favorable to u

Alright Thank you. Would do that but I got to know that my hospital is private and not government. There have different policies&I have twins still there. It is well,hoping for the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.