Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898632 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2016
TripleKMama:
hahaha...so how will the 6 weeks apply to everyone?
I could agree to the Tuesday 3pm one but not 6 weeks before my flight. Lwkmd!

Seriously? U agree to Tuesday 3pm, but How will 6 weeks apply to everyone? Really? This is a question?
Last year I used this method and I got cheap tickets. And I even got for people here too. If it works for u fine. If it doesn't fine.
Mbok
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2016
mismarshal:
Wow... Thank you.

Uw darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nasadiva: 5:33pm On Jun 28, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nasadiva: 6:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
bubelahot:
the Methodist in sugarland.. The email of the hospital is www.oakbendmedicalgroup.com
I think you can email them and ask for Dr Dama ziworitin...
People wey dey won use Houston Methodist sugarland. You can contact d paediatrician opp Dr z'soffice in oakbend hospital.
Haba!! The pm I Don get Don plenty oooo..lol grin

*cough * ehhh I guess you are mixing up the hospital contact. Methodist Sugarland is a different hospital from Oakbend medical. Kindly clarify.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
Please how did you get US passport in 48 hours o, where did you apply? Did they ask you to pay for express delivery asides the $65 expedited fee?

Ajujuju2:
Ok lemme borrow the famous Nairaland quote:
"In the spirit of giving back..." grin grin grin grin

So my 2nd missionary journey is over and was successfully completed in 8weeks.

Left naija @ 33.5 weeks on an AF flight through Paris to Houston. POE was smooth; less than 3mins with no 2ndry inspection and at agric, met an aggrieved Akata but i done waka pass.

Used Dr.Dama Ziworitin, who was exceptional and quiet endearing. Gave birth at 39.4 weeks, B.C was gotten in 3days, US passport in 48hrs, ETC in 3days. Basically was dne with documentation in 1 week. Left for naija with baby @ 3wks.

Fees and charges ($)
2655 - doc (plus tests)
3500 - hosp (Oakbend)
150 - scan (Oakbend)
950 - epidural (US Partners)
555 - nics + hearing test (NICS)
86.40 - labs (Brown and Associates) mom and baby
100 - external paediatrician (post discharge)

165 - US passport
320 - E.T.C
14 - babys passort picture
23 - B.C

198.40 - AF baby ticket

Circumcision...done here in naija!

I sign out, grateful for it to be over with all ds dollar madness
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mulberry: 6:38pm On Jun 28, 2016
Finally back to Nigeria from my secondary missionary journey. So in the spirit of giving back *close eyes* total breakdown of bills paid are;

Doc - $2500
Swap test - $90
Hospital two days stay plus epidural - $3685 which includes all test for baby plus hearing test
Epidural - $500 (Was lucky as the anesthesia coy says its 2,500 but hospital gave me an old quote they had stopped using two years ago)
Baby's bill - $270 this was sent after we got to nigeria
Circumcision - $150
Baby's ticket - $420 (United airline but checked in my 4bags and a car seat with an oversized hand luggage which i had to split in two grin)
Baby's bc - $65 (got it in 2days after hospital registered birth)
Baby's passport - 165 ( got it in 2 days, went to the passport agency myself)
Baby's ETC - $250 (Got a discount cos of my many referrals to the agent)

my hosts were super nice as they took me everywhere and didnt let me but lots of stuff they got by themselves and made my stay as interesting as it could be.

the weather was not friendly as it snowed 12" deep and rained both water and hailstorm several times in Denver.

Off to plan and prepare for my daddy's burial whom i lost just before leaving to deliver my baby.

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
MommaT:
Please how did you get US passport in 48 hours o, where did you apply? Did they ask you to pay for express delivery asides the $65 expedited fee?

shocked shocked US passport is less that sef if u apply before 12 noon of that day
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:46pm On Jun 28, 2016
Yeepee congratulations mulberry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 7:02pm On Jun 28, 2016
Nasadiva:

*cough * ehhh I guess you are mixing up the hospital contact. Methodist Sugarland is a different hospital from Oakbend medical. Kindly clarify.
No dear. I am not mixing it up. His office is in the building where Dr Dama consults. He is Dr hasinin. He is not affiliated with oakbend hospital. Rather he can come to see d baby while you are in Methodist sugarland...you can continue afterwards but he is expensive...so I just went to hope clinic after discharge which is actually optional. ..that to see a Dr after discharge. But I did. Just be sure abt LO.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 8:51pm On Jun 28, 2016
Maybe u didn't explain well o. Its easier to say tickets are cheapest on Tuesdays by 3pm. But I don't know how u can determine everyone's 6wks to travel time.
D'u see my point?

Pls throw more light cos me too sef want cheap tickets!!

firsttymum:

Seriously? U agree to Tuesday 3pm, but How will 6 weeks apply to everyone? Really? This is a question?
Last year I used this method and I got cheap tickets. And I even got for people here too. If it works for u fine. If it doesn't fine.
Mbok
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
debby516:
Hello good pple,

Pls, my husband runs his own law firm and he is sponsoring my trip, is he to write the sponsorship letter on his firm's letterhead or the letter should be written on his own personal letterhead i.e. his name.

2ndly, can i rely on his firm's bank statement or his personal bank statement or both.

NB. I'll also take along my bank statement.

Thanks alot for the help
1. Personal letter head
2. Personal bnk statement
Much as he owns the business, 'the business' is not sending you abroad. In my opinion, it shows there is a clear structure in the business.
Though u can also carry proof of your husband's business and networth.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:22pm On Jun 28, 2016
Mistygal4:

Congrats Ajujuju2, where did you stay, can you assist !

Phc peeps looking for Pta, should go to Ecobank , Mothercat Trans Amadi Branch, ask for Mr Evans, I was there today but I didn't meet the criteria, which is having an account for a minimum of 6 months. Their rate is N283 to 1dol.

@ Mistygal4,
I sent u a pm, i intend going there tomorrow....pls respond.
My travel date is 30th
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by estasplash: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2016
najalady86:
Hellos everyone.
there is a two bedroom luxury accommodation available from 1st July near St francis Hospital, Lynwood, California. Anyone interested should PM me.

In the other news, i have since returned back to Nigeria. Spent exactly six weeks. baby was three weeks when we returned. also got all baby documents in one week.
Bellow is the breakdown of my fees:
Dr: $1000 plus initial visit fee of $262
He accepted all my Naija test and so no further test was done.

Hospital: 2700 including epidural, lab and paediatrician at the Hospital. Went in on false labour but was never charged extra fee
circumcision: 150.
Birth certificate: $28
US passport: 165
Nigeria Visa: 340

Baby ticket: 31,000 Naira. Hubby booked it at Emirates Lagos office and paid in Naira.

I will really say going to California saved me a lot of cash. I am grateful to God for everything including the infos gotten here.

Thanks people .wishing everyone successful visa interviews and seemless POE experience

Wow...congrats! pls Wich hospital and Doctor did you use
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mikoj22: 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2016
Thanks Nasadiva for the help, i really appreciate
Please there is a space for the relationship with the contact person in the US.
Will i select others or Business? because she will be using doctores para ti
Nasadiva:

Hmmmm, I suggest you stick to one. These pple don't like complicated stories.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kingovilarge: 9:53pm On Jun 28, 2016
Please can anyone help me with cheap hospitals in San Francisco and how much baby delivery cost
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 10:05pm On Jun 28, 2016
Hello mums,
Please I already have my visa, doctor's appointment but am yet to register with the hospital,I.e Houston north west medical centre, I tried calling their labour and delivery department, but got hold of a lady Shelley from maternity who said she would forward my number to delivery to called but no word from them, please mamas who have used this hospital and who are using this hospital, pls advice on how I can go about the registration and also if you have their contacts I will appreciate it,
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2016
California for my next missionary journey grin grin even though I haven't started the first missionary journey. This price can make one do last minute changes, Kai!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 10:50pm On Jun 28, 2016
Welcome @ najalady86,

It's the accommodation that made me change my mind for the carlifornia trip. Paying $1,500 each for 2 months for a room and $2,500 per month for the 2 bedroom!! Then no-one to share the flat with E no easy Bikonu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 11:16pm On Jun 28, 2016
@Najalady,congrats on your successful delivery and journey back home.Will be heading to LA too,how was baby's circumcision?Sent you a Pm though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 12:45am On Jun 29, 2016
Please i need Atlanta Bound Mum who recently gave birth or used an hospital in atlanta to help me out with my baby Birth certificate questions

1. Can i used the birth certificate issued by the hospital to apply for US and Nigeria passport or do i need to go the Vital office to get it.

2. In the form given to me in my hospital (Dekalb Medical Center) the SSN takes 2-3months upon application by the hospital

what do u advice i do,can i get the SSN myself and where can i go to
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Udiboy(f): 12:59am On Jun 29, 2016
Well, I have to ask!

URGENT
Can one carry one Eva bottle of RED OIL to US.
If yes, what quantity?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:06am On Jun 29, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Ajuju2,

Abeg is Dr Z cheaper than Dr F? And the rate u quoted above is different from the rate on Dr F list of hospitals. Bikonu clarify. Cos epidural is lesser for u

I bliv they cost abt the same.
However my rates were based on old fees.
Oakbend has increased ans i hear Dr F is taking patients to Chi St. luke. Dunno anyth abt the new hospital.

I have used both doctors and both are really really good obgyns. Professional and passionate about their work.
However my choice of Doc z was based on accessibility.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:07am On Jun 29, 2016
Mistygal4:

Congrats Ajujuju2, where did you stay, can you assist !

Phc peeps looking for Pta, should go to Ecobank , Mothercat Trans Amadi Branch, ask for Mr Evans, I was there today but I didn't meet the criteria, which is having an account for a minimum of 6 months. Their rate is N283 to 1dol.

Sorry love. Stayed with family
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:07am On Jun 29, 2016
firsttymum:
Ajujuju2 Awww congratulations

Thanks sis
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:08am On Jun 29, 2016
TripleKMama:
Congrats. Thank God and welcome back.
No place like home grin

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:12am On Jun 29, 2016
MommaT:

Passport office downtown.
However they will only attend to you if u hav a flight in less dan 2wks. Plus u need to book an appointment and go with proof.

Not all states have one, so u will need to goggle your state or the nearest one. Same fees apply

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:19am On Jun 29, 2016
mulberry:
Finally back to Nigeria from my secondary missionary journey. So in the spirit of giving back *close eyes* total breakdown of bills paid are;

Doc - $2500
Swap test - $90
Hospital two days stay plus epidural - $3685 which includes all test for baby plus hearing test
Epidural - $500 (Was lucky as the anesthesia coy says its 2,500 but hospital gave me an old quote they had stopped using two years ago)
Baby's bill - $270 this was sent after we got to nigeria
Circumcision - $150
Baby's ticket - $420 (United airline but checked in my 4bags and a car seat with an oversized hand luggage which i had to split in two grin)
Baby's bc - $65 (got it in 2days after hospital registered birth)
Baby's passport - 165 ( got it in 2 days, went to the passport agency myself)
Baby's ETC - $250 (Got a discount cos of my many referrals to the agent)

my hosts were super nice as they took me everywhere and didnt let me but lots of stuff they got by themselves and made my stay as interesting as it could be.

the weather was not friendly as it snowed 12" deep and rained both water and hailstorm several times in Denver.

Off to plan and prepare for my daddy's burial whom i lost just before leaving to deliver my baby.

Welcome hme.
Condolence.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:24am On Jun 29, 2016
firsttymum:

shocked shocked US passport is less that sef if u apply before 12 noon of that day

Yes you are correct. So true. However it is nice to also warn moms that 24hrs or less is dependent on a couple of things: travel date, rush at agency, agent attending, book availability etc.

So mak sure u are prepared and plan well.

I once got same day in Atlanta, Unfortunately in Houston, I went in d peak of the summer rush so they were totally swamped. So I applied on a monday and picked up on a tuesday.
(O wait oo...dats actually 24hrs, hmmmm. Guess i coubted monday and tuesday as 48hrs). Abg my maths is horrible...u sha get d drift.

Thank God am a lawyer/HR/tailor/beautician/cook/wife/mother/sister/friend...our many caps! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 3:31am On Jun 29, 2016
ai100:
Please i need Atlanta Bound Mum who recently gave birth or used an hospital in atlanta to help me out with my baby Birth certificate questions

1. Can i used the birth certificate issued by the hospital to apply for US and Nigeria passport or do i need to go the Vital office to get it.

2. In the form given to me in my hospital (Dekalb Medical Center) the SSN takes 2-3months upon application by the hospital

what do u advice i do,can i get the SSN myself and where can i go to

US passport is always processed with the state issued document. So yes u need to go to vital statistics.

SSN is not compulsory if u dnt want the wait. However if u reside with TRUSTWORTHY folks, you can go ahead and request and they will send it to u somehow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (188) (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.