Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,247 members, 7,829,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902370 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 8:19pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thanks. I just replied yours.

XX01:

Let's PM before they block our posts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:20pm On Jul 31, 2016
You no like medicine, you no like needle, which one you come like? Na only to dey pekus you know! (dont even know the spelling as I have never used that slang before).

Funny enough, I am that patient that they will typically call you to set line for, my veins disappear every time they see medical practitioners. That phrase 'veins are superficially located while arteries are...' they thought us in secondary school does not apply to me at all, thank God I am not bothered by needles, I for hear am.

firsttymum:
my dear it's not by being a Dr o... E no follow for me.
If i see needle na cry o... Jump around run etc. My tetanus injection no b small drama and beg..
PCV nko? Mmmmm. I hate needles and I hate drugs.
But If everyone can't secure an IV line and dey call me I always get it. I'm good with needles both when I'm suturing or even "big" patients that requests for Dr's to give them their injection if I give them dey look for me always whenever dey have injection cos u won't feel it.

It's just an irony of life. Dr E tried everything to make me take it.... It didn't work. Once a week mayb but that's about it
IV means intravenous.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 8:24pm On Jul 31, 2016
Thats serious o

XX01:

Let's PM before they block our posts.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by damsel020: 10:14pm On Jul 31, 2016
Omodadi2:
Hello house, omodaddi !

Congrats dear. Fear catch me with this your story ooo, when I had my first baby and was not taking my prenatal Dr F told me something like dis could happen, but thank God all went well. But this one u talk today, fear catch me, though am 7 months gone now, *covers face*today is the first time am taking my prenatals. God help me cos in dis dollar whala I can't afford any extra bill ooo.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 10:51pm On Jul 31, 2016
In the same shoes o, medicine nausates me. With this post, I ve entered prayer mode. Pls is d d blood transfusion for cs or normal delivery?
damsel020:

Congrats dear. Fear catch me with this your story ooo, when I had my first baby and was not taking my prenatal Dr F told me something like dis could happen, but thank God all went well. But this one u talk today, fear catch me, though am 7 months gone now, *covers face*today is the first time am taking my prenatals. God help me cos in dis dollar whala I can't afford any extra bill ooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:23pm On Jul 31, 2016
debby516:
In the same shoes o, medicine nausates me. With this post, I ve entered prayer mode. Pls is d d blood transfusion for cs or normal delivery?

In yankee, go to any walgreens and ask for 'gummy gummy' chewable prenatals. That was what I used throughout my 1st trimester. I bought them when I was ttc the first time and had a large collection (they were sold at buy 1 get 1 free so I had like 4 jars) They are like candy, at a point I was jst downing it anyhow.

Bt they began to irritate me later in preg cos of the sugar coating. I couldn't stand sugar. If you hate meds, then this should work for you. Even has folic acid and added vitamins.

If your PCV is high, or optimum, you won't need transfusion even for CS (I didnt). Just make sure you eat your spinach, preferably uncooked. Contains as much iron as ugwu

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 12:53am On Aug 01, 2016
Hallo house,
It seems 'Favour' is all over me thru this my missionary journey.
Got into d US this morning via Dubai on Emirates.
It was a lonnnnnng ride but thank goodness I got some tips from here- I wore my compression socks through out the trip so it help minimize the swollen feet.
Also ordered for a wheel chair to assist me in Dubai and when I landed US and was that a great decision? Yes o. Thx to tips I got in here too.

Came in thru Dallas POA and coupled with d fact that I was on d wheelchair it was such a breeze I was in shock myself.
I was only asked what I was in for and at 33 weeks it was pretty obvious lol. The CBP asked how much I had and I told him $8,450 and he didn't even ask to count it. He then stamped me for 6 mths just like that.Another CBP asked what country I am from and once I said Nigeria, they wrote Agriculture on my custom card.

D guy pushing my wheel chair helped get my luggage(that felt good lol) and we moved to the next immigration point. He asked if d money I declared was in cash and I said yea as I came to have a baby. He asked if it would be enough and I said I have both my credit and debit cards with me. They asked if I had d stmts and I said nope but we could check and he smiled. And said I have been stamped in already.

Sent me over to immigration. Didn't carry any food stuff so I was good. And that was the end of it.

Was so shocked at d ease- all glory to God

28 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fitmaama2(f): 1:32am On Aug 01, 2016
Pls mamas what SIM card should I buy to maximize funds. Don't have dollars to waste.
Emphasizes on international calls and data of course.

Thanks in advance Nlanders

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by RuthMadubuike(f): 1:48am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by RuthMadubuike(f): 1:51am On Aug 01, 2016
firsttymum:
Part one page 105

Thanks dear, God bless you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 2:42am On Aug 01, 2016
LadyG, Nef, firsttymum, KayLaychi and some others .. I just want to appreciate your time and effort you use in answering all our questions on here.. I was looking for a vital information a week ago and decided to read from part 1.. I was shocked to see their messages since 2014...2015, now 2016 and they still very active responding to our questions... Some of us will come here and ask questions then demand for a swift response by force, please remember NL is not paying nor buying Data for anyone here to respond to your questions.. Always be polite with your request and someone might decided to answer....I know how many days sleepless night i had because i was reading from part 1..Anyway i got the information i needed but i want to appreciate this ladies.. GOD BLESS YOU BIG FOR MAKING OUT TIME TO KEEP THIS FORUM AND TOPIC Alive. AMEN!

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CXLVII: 3:29am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello Mummy`s

Is the port health within the premises of MMA or outside?

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 4:40am On Aug 01, 2016
MamaOO:

Lmao. I guess she mean the 3 major Credit "Bureaus" (Experian, Transunion and Equifax).I don't think you can do it from Nigeria though, cos it requires you to provide proof of residence, like bills and stuff and also state issued IDs. But you can call the bureaus and ask them to see if they will make an exception for your case
Thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 4:47am On Aug 01, 2016
Hi mothers ... How is every one doing ... , Pls has any one tried Costco diapers the Kirkland brand ? Also ... If there is no Nigerian embassy In state is it possible to get passport for baby ? Or can one use an agent ? Thanks a lot . P.s I haven't had the baby yet just asking . God bless u
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:17am On Aug 01, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Hi mothers ... How is every one doing ... , Pls has any one tried Costco diapers the Kirkland brand ? Also ... If there is no Nigerian embassy In state is it possible to get passport for baby ? Or can one use an agent ? Thanks a lot . P.s I haven't had the baby yet just asking . God bless u
there are Nigerian consulates in NY, ATL and DC that i've read of on this thread where mama's got passports for their babies after delivery.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 5:33am On Aug 01, 2016
nefertitiram:

*rotfl*

The one wey I do when I de chicago with my cousin nko? Was the same thing. And it was fun, considering how bored I was. She had 2 kids, one was 5 and the other was 2. And it was free accommodation sef! U see! Just playing out the same scenario.

Another one dey wey de find who go follow her 3 pet dogs stay house. All you do is walk the dogs twice a day!

I'm considering a cultural exchange/integration opportunity in South America so I need to live in a home where they speak no english and teach them english in exchange for room and board for a few hours everyday instead of baby sitting.

This world sweet no be small jare.

Chai, I've derailed US thread. Make una no vex.
U never see dog wey u go start walk, e go start run.with big belle!twice a day? What of after birth, either baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 5:44am On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=Mumtwins08 post=48073050]Hi mothers ... How is every one doing ... , Pls has any one tried Costco diapers the Kirkland brand ? Also ... If there is no Nigerian embassy In state is it possible to get passport for baby ? Or can one use an agent ? Thanks a lot . P.s I haven't had the baby yet just asking . God bless u [/quote
Yes I have n it was very ok]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 5:50am On Aug 01, 2016
Good Morning House,
Please is there anyone going to Houston from Abuja or Aba, please I have an urgent message. Please contact me here or email me chidiebereokoro@yahoo.com

Thank you and God bless you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 6:27am On Aug 01, 2016
Thank you
nefertitiram:

In yankee, go to any walgreens and ask for 'gummy gummy' chewable prenatals. That was what I used throughout my 1st trimester. I bought them when I was ttc the first time and had a large collection (they were sold at buy 1 get 1 free so I had like 4 jars) They are like candy, at a point I was jst downing it anyhow.

Bt they began to irritate me later in preg cos of the sugar coating. I couldn't stand sugar. If you hate meds, then this should work for you. Even has folic acid and added vitamins.

If your PCV is high, or optimum, you won't need transfusion even for CS (I didnt). Just make sure you eat your spinach, preferably uncooked. Contains as much iron as ugwu
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 7:16am On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=swappylove post=48073514][/quote]

Did it size ur newborn ... Cos they only have size 1s . Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CXLVII: 7:20am On Aug 01, 2016
CXLVII:
Hello Mummy`s

Is the port health within the MMA Building or outside?

Thanks in advance

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:23am On Aug 01, 2016
Lol! It's kpekus dear.

Awayu doing?

happytbaby:
You no like medicine, you no like needle, which one you come like? Na only to dey pekus you know! (dont even know the spelling as I have never used that slang before).

Funny enough, I am that patient that they will typically call you to set line for, my veins disappear every time they see medical practitioners. That phrase 'veins are superficially located while arteries are...' they thought us in secondary school does not apply to me at all, thank God I am not bothered by needles, I for hear am.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 7:27am On Aug 01, 2016
Happy New month peeps! May God perfect all that concerns us and May he also grant us all our innermost heart desires!! Ire o

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins08: 7:38am On Aug 01, 2016
chloe7:
there are Nigerian consulates in NY, ATL and DC that i've read of on this thread where mama's got passports for their babies after delivery.

Guess I did not put the question well ... I mean if I don't stay in any of the 3 mentioned states ... Is it possible to still get a Nigerian passport ? Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:39am On Aug 01, 2016
swappylove:

U never see dog wey u go start walk, e go start run.with big belle!twice a day? What of after birth, either baby

I go free d dog, if e no come house after 2 days, I go pack my load comot grin

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2016
swappylove:

If you have a whole house to urself, you can go with DH and MIL and the full family. DH will walk the dog, while you enter firsttymum's preggy mode at home. Anyway is a way

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 8:06am On Aug 01, 2016
What I usually do is buy a T-Mobile SIM card, with unlimited data, a bit pricey at $100/month but I don't joke with my data limits.
For international calls, you can download the Boss a Revolution app on your smart phone and recharge using their recharge cards. They're sold at gas stations etc. the calls are very cheap. I bought $5 worth in March and for some reason, I checked it yesterday and still have like $3 left. This is with me calling my husband all the time o, sometimes twice a day

fitmaama2:
Pls mamas what SIM card should I buy to maximize funds. Don't have dollars to waste.
Emphasizes on international calls and data of course.

Thanks in advance Nlanders

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2016
Only way you can work this is by planning to travel there like some moms have done. You can't use an agent because they need to take your baby's photo at the embassy/consulate

Mumtwins08:

Guess I did not put the question well ... I mean if I don't stay in any of the 3 mentioned states ... Is it possible to still get a Nigerian passport ? Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2016
Inside and outside. The one you'll most likely have to use is on one of the lower floors of the terminal. If they need you to go there, they'll direct you.

CXLVII:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:48am On Aug 01, 2016
biollar1:

Happy New month peeps! May God perfect all that concerns us and May he also grant us all our innermost heart desires!! Ire o

Amen oooo. Same to you dear.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:59am On Aug 01, 2016
LWKMD!

After now you go dey find who wan kee you with laff! Meanwhile na you wan use laff tear person belle!

With this ya post i sure say you go dey among those wey go pack load commot after cooking fish peppersoup...

nefertitiram:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2016
Kirkland diapers??

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Love them better than huggies and pampers which both gave my kids rashes.

i think it all depends on the kids skin though. But It kept my babies dry and using it with Nigerian Cussons baby jelly worked like a beautiful dream...

My baby's bum is clear like a mirror... You can even see your reflection there. cheesy cheesy grin

And its cheaper too!!!

Their wipes nko? Beautiful as well. One carton of 12 lasts a long time!

Different strokes for different folks sha!

Mumtwins08:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.