Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,096 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899959 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Oleayo22(f): 7:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have been what you will call ghost since 2013. I want to say well done to everyone that has shared their knowledge on this forum from part update. I have learned a lot and used the knowledge to apply for dropbox and now am in the us presently.
PART ONE OF MY JOURNEY
I applied for b2 visa and I was given b1/ b2. Though I stated for medical reason. Thanks LadyG, Firstymum, Nerf, Justwise and all the gurus.
I got the visa and was not called in for interview.
PART 2 OF MY JOURNEY
Got PTA OF 2500 from stanbic at 377.77 few days to my travel date. Then hubby was able to get 3000 from his office. So that means I went with 5500 cash and rest on my card.
I went with Emirates cos I wanted a flight that I could rest in between and I wanted to explore dubai as well. Flight was full but I enjoyed the leg room. Flight from dubai to IAD wasn't full and I had like 3 empty seats to myself to stretch out.
When we landed, I was given a wheelchair cos I slipped and hit my bum on my way from the rest room. They even wanted to start calling paramedics and all but I told them I don't want to draw attention to myself that am fine.
Wheelchair made it faster for me to be attended to quickly.
Brb with the rest of the story.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Fyorgyn: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
My people

Biko quick question

I'm filling the ds 160 for my mum to come join me in November. I'm still in naija but from the look of things I'd be in the US by her interview date. Please what should I use as her US contact. We have no relatives in the US and since I'm not a resident I don't think I can be her US contact.

I've filled in the address of the place we will be staying (which I'm paying for) but not sure if I should put my name as US contact.

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChuksCodar(m): 8:12pm On Oct 09, 2016
sugah:

Once the package leaves the US it cannot be tracked anymore cos our Nipost is....well shiity.
You have to keep going to the Nipost office in your area to check or get the Contact of a staff that would alert you when the package arrives
thanks have already done that now am just hoping i get the package
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ChuksCodar(m): 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2016
dere5:

Based on my experience sending things via post office to Nigeria has to be supported with serious prayers o and you have to be patient. I have not sent stuff from the US before,but i have done a couple from China,some are trackable up till it leaves their country ,others are trackable even on Nipost website,while some are not even trackable at all. I will advice you to wait till after a month and keep visiting the post office in your area until you receive it. The good thing with mine is that i have not lost any parcel till date,once it arrives they put a notification slip in my post office box to notify me that my parcel has arrived and should come and collect
am seriously praying oh thanks for your help tho
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ask4jeffo: 8:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hello great people, please who is currently in Dallas ir resently was in dallas and has done Nigeria visa for the baby, how did u go about it. Kindly give more info on how to go about it.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Oleayo22(f): 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
Was already praying cos I overhead the guy that was pushing my wheelchair chatting with his colleagues that the guy was tough. He was elderly and black American.
Cbp: hello
me: hello
Cbp: why are you here?
me: childbirth
Cbp: why
Me: told him how long have been married and how we lost the first pregnancy we had due to negligence of the hospital. So when this pregnancy came we decided to seek better medical care which we know I will get in America.
Cbp: told me how he has 15 midwives in his family and how he used to like to assist them( mw in my mind I was happy that he wasn't going to send me to sec inspection
Cbp: how long r u here for
me: 14weeks
Cbp: asked how much I had
told him
Cbp: stamped my passport and wrote on my declaration card b and a.
was told b is for secondary inspection and a for agric
waited for upto 2hrs before I was called
2nd Cbp: asked the same series of questions
me: gave him the same response
2nd Cbp: asked why the hospital
Me: told him its got good reviews and a friend used it
2nd Cbp: how much I have
me: told him 5500 and the rest on my card
2nd Cbp: asked for acct statement
me: I don't have it but I can show you on my phone. Will you like to see it.
2nd Cbp: said yes
Thank God I just activated my stanbic internet banking before I left but the phone that they will send code to was dead. I told him.
2nd Cbp: what do you do?
me: teacher and he asked to see my work id. I searched my purse but I couldn't find it.
He told me to go get my bag and go. I was so happy. Got to agric and none of food wasn't siezed.
I have gone to Virginia for my first doctors appointment and registered at the hospital.
My gratitude goes to beebee2 for answering all my questions even though you didn't know me.
Thanks everyone who always advocate for saying the truth cos its not illegal to give birth in usa. I was composed and confident because I had stated my purpose from the onset. Ipray the rest of this journey will be smooth and I pray for smooth entry for the rest coming into us.
Ladyg ma, God bless you and grant you the petition which you are asking of him. If he did it for me with both tubes blocked, low ovarian reserve, fibroid and cyst, He's done it for you. Love you even though you don't know me.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kingsdaughter: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
ask4jeffo:
Hello great people, please who is currently in Dallas ir resently was in dallas and has done Nigeria visa for the baby, how did u go about it. Kindly give more info on how to go about it.

Thanks

I'm doing ETC through Amb Stella didn't want to waste a few extra bucks on visa when I'm on my way home to do passport. ETC is in transit to me

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ask4jeffo: 12:44am On Oct 10, 2016
kingsdaughter:

I'm doing ETC through Amb Stella didn't want to waste a few extra bucks on visa when I'm on my way home to do passport. ETC is in transit to me

@ kingsdaughter , thx for d info.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Rebarobyn: 1:21am On Oct 10, 2016
MissHunnyBerry:

Biko do you know any certified birthing centers or hospitals that offer "water birthing" skillfully in nigeria? and With all the necessary arrangements put in place in the event of an emergency. Your friend may think it was just for that reason she was denied but Im almost certain there was more to than just that to it........

Hello people.....just want to give feedback to those considering using a birthing centre based on a recent incident I heard of. Hope this helps you make a wise decision.

A lady paid about $3500 to a birthing center for her delivery. Along the line, there were complications, the midwives could not handle it and she had to be taken to an emergency room and had a CS. Eventually her bill was in excess of $25,000 but thankfully she and her baby are fine.

Now she and her hubby and traumatised by the bill, that's close to N13m.

Please use a doctor and a hospital, they are better equipped to handle emergencies and can better make decisions without necessarily adding to your bill.

Be safe!

18 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 3:42am On Oct 10, 2016
[quote author=ask4jeffo post=50041133][/quote] I have not started the process yet
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 4:00am On Oct 10, 2016
kingsdaughter:

thought they said etc has been stopped for babies. Please how much is it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 5:48am On Oct 10, 2016
Oleayo22:
If he did it for me with both tubes blocked, low ovarian reserve, fibroid and cyst, He's done it for you. Love you even though you don't know me.

AMEN !
We serve a wonderful prayer answering God. Wish you a safe delivery .

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bisilola: 10:09am On Oct 10, 2016
Goodmorning All,I am not a frequent poster on this forum but I follow what happens here. Congrats to all the new mummies,old timers and all the successful visa approvals.
I just want to sound a note of warning to all the Chicago mothers,pls and pls do not try to go in by
That Poe at all. I know it has been said several times but this is a fresh advice. My very close friend was sent back just last week after proofing
All that was necessary,it's a very dangerous Poe.
Let's try as much as possible to avoid that place.
Just a piece of advice oooo

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by salt2: 10:20am On Oct 10, 2016
Dear

Pls cld u help with a chicago doctors contact that can provide correspondence without asking for initial deposit

nefertitiram:

No you cant.. I'm using my naija card. I can send u my code so that u can get $20 off ur 1st ride
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 10:41am On Oct 10, 2016
justwise:

Finally yes and i'm pregnant too cool
With twins grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 11:57am On Oct 10, 2016
Thanks for the info and please for recent travellers to Houston, can u pls share ur POE experience.
bisilola:
Goodmorning All,I am not a frequent poster on this forum but I follow what happens here. Congrats to all the new mummies,old timers and all the successful visa approvals.
I just want to sound a note of warning to all the Chicago mothers,pls and pls do not try to go in by
That Poe at all. I know it has been said several times but this is a fresh advice. My very close friend was sent back just last week after proofing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 11:59am On Oct 10, 2016
misscanada123:

Hopefully someone has answers. If not use sites like Expedia or priceline.com Just type the name of the airport and you will see closeby hotels. Read reviews.

OK THANK YOU.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 12:08pm On Oct 10, 2016
XX01:

Check booking. com. Rates are usually good.

OK THANK YOU.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2016
bisilola:

I think people should disregard this advice, its only dangerous if you are found wanting. some people who got sent back don't always tell the whole story.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2016
Bisoye82:

With twins grin grin grin

grin grin that will keep me away from nairaland for a good number of years.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2016
bisilola:
Cc justwise
And if you are exiting through Chicago make sure you have your receipts and zero balance in your carry-on bag.
The only point of exit where everyone gets interviewed. Thank God I had my receipts on me...who knows what they would have done.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cyntop: 2:45pm On Oct 10, 2016
Hello all, is time to give back.
I went for my interview on the 6th of September with my DH and it goes like this
Vo: passport pls
Me & DH: Handover the passport
Vo: why Geogia and why do you want to travel to the U S
Me: good reviews and child birth
Vo: where do you work & job schedule
Me: bla bla bla
Vo: how much will this trip cost
Me: bla bla bla
Vo: what does DH do
Dh: bla bla
Vo: have you travelled before
Me Yes and Dh No
Vo: pick up your Visa in 2days.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cyntop: 2:53pm On Oct 10, 2016
POE on the 8th of October
Cbp: passport
Me: handsover the passport
Cbp: why are you here
Me: Childbirth
Cbp: how much do you have on you
Me: bla bla
Cbp: what hospital are you using
Me: Northside hospital and hand over the price estimate that was sent to me
Went for secondary inspection same question as above
And that was all

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 3:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
@sugah, interview at exit point..... Hian........ Na wa o........ If you didn't have them, what would they do, cancel your visa n seize your baby?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 3:24pm On Oct 10, 2016
@sugah, interview at exit point..... Hian........ Na wa o........ If you didn't have them, what would they do, cancel your visa n seize your baby? Just wondering........
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by salt2: 3:26pm On Oct 10, 2016
@cyntop Please could you help me with contact details at Northside hospital who can send me price estimate?

cyntop:
POE on the 8th of October
Cbp: passport
Me: handsover the passport
Cbp: why are you here
Me: Childbirth
Cbp: how much do you have on you
Me: bla bla
Cbp: what hospital are you using
Me: Northside hospital and hand over the price estimate that was sent to me
Went for secondary inspection same question as above
And that was all
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2016
slimwendy85:
@sugah, interview at exit point..... Hian........ Na wa o........ If you didn't have them, what would they do, cancel your visa n seize your baby? Just wondering........
I think modath experienced same when she was leaving chicago too, my God they are mean there o! They are not smiling at all.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2016
sugah:

Cc justwise
And if you are exiting through Chicago make sure you have your receipts and zero balance in your carry-on bag.
The only point of exit where everyone gets interviewed. Thank God I had my receipts on me...who knows what they would have done.

Do you think there is anything wrong with that?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cyntop: 3:52pm On Oct 10, 2016
@salt2 you can google northside hospital and you will see where contact I think then you will see where to send your enquiry to.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cyntop: 3:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
@salt2 you can google northside hospital and you will see where contact I think then you will see where to send your enquiry to.
Here the email address to contact for price estimation.
price.estimate@northside.com

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kingsdaughter: 4:05pm On Oct 10, 2016
temmyo:
thought they said etc has been stopped for babies. Please how much is it?

Are you still around? How are the twins? She said it was stopped for a short while but continued again. I confirmed from someone else too. I had to negotiate 300 each cos I have twins too. Plus 30 bucks postage

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by slimwendy85: 4:18pm On Oct 10, 2016
@justwise, there is nothing wrong, it's just so much drama...... It's expected if you go through due process that you will have them, but requesting for it at the point of exit is rather dramatic....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.