Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900716 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2016
fatima04:
Good day house. Please is it better I pay medical bills through Form A or i just accept fate with PTA and black market pple.
A beg advise me ooo
Form A is way better,if your hospital accepts it and you can find a bank to do the transfer,it will be way,way cheaper for you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
valeriechima:

Thanks ma....how long did it take before you got the passport

Same day collection. Got there 9:30am n got it 2pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 8:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
That's so sad. In fact annoying. Innocent people, capable of paying their bills, suffering for nothing. I so dislike d place he said 'stupid answer'. Do u need to hav visited USA before knowing they offer better infant & maternal survival? Has he visited anywhere else asides USA? It is well sha. May God help fix Nigeria so we avoid all this. Congrats on your entry & safe delivery.
XX01:
Part 2 of POE
I didn't know that Dallas was so bad. I felt like a criminal being interrogated to confess. I am in sha and I thank God for that.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:57pm On Oct 25, 2016
XX01

Wow...
Na wa o..
Anyway congratulations jare... U r in now.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=XX01 post=50505678]Part 2 of POE interview.

Me: Good day Sir.
CBP: why are you here?
Me: For vacation and to deliver my child.
CBP: Why US?
Me: better healthcare.
CBP: that's a stupid reason. have I been to US before and used their healthcare? How can I compare?

I swear i would have given him a nasty response- 'If you are clever enough, you would know i don't need to visit the US first'. Being too nice when they are nasty isn't too good sef especially when you are paying your bills yourself. Mschew!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=XX01 post=50505678]Part 2 of POE interview.

Me: Good day Sir.
CBP: why are you here?
Me: For vacation and to deliver my child.
CBP: Why US?
Me: better healthcare.
CBP: that's a stupid reason. have I been to US before and used their healthcare? How can I compare?

I swear i would have given him a nasty response- 'If you are clever enough, you would know i don't need to visit the US first'. Being too nice when they are nasty isn't too good sef especially when you are paying your bills yourself. Mschew!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 11:23pm On Oct 25, 2016
[quote author=lobus post=50509059][/quote] Its quite annoying when they bombard someone with same question over and over again,But i believe she answered well,the CBP officers she met are just looking for a way to find loopholes so that they can punish her.Sometimes when u see a devil looking for a way to bring u down,u just bypass him before its late,u know. because all she wants is to enter US which she has got. Let them continue looking for their trouble elsewhere.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ulio(f): 11:40pm On Oct 25, 2016
freshtestimony:
XX01-So happy for u dear, see narrow escape, God will perfect the rest of the journey.
Wow houston? Welcm thou..thnk God
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kilam111: 1:12am On Oct 26, 2016
greetings to all the great sisters! i just arrived in Raleigh, North Carolina. i wonder if any of you can suggest me a good doctor/hospital in this area and also an average estimate of delivery charges? thnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 2:49am On Oct 26, 2016
Ok. So u just arrived NC. No prior plans. No priors runs. No starting point. No POE testimonies? D response some pipo will Give u is doing press-up. Wait till dey wake up.
Welcome jare grin
kilam111:
greetings to all the great sisters.
I just arrived in Raleigh, North Carolina. i wonder if any of you can suggest me a good doctor/hospital in this area and also an average estimate of delivery charges? thnx

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kilam111: 3:03am On Oct 26, 2016
TripleKMama:
Ok. So u just arrived NC. No prior plans. No priors runs. No starting point. No POE testimonies? D response some pipo will Give u is doing press-up. Wait till dey wake up.
Welcome jare grin
thx fr the reply smiley
from my side i did all planing & etc.
but sometimes plans don't work ' don't wanna go in detail how i ended up like this..any help appreciated smiley
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lucypratt: 3:37am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello everyone!
My poe testimony!
I flew in through Ethiopia to Newark. Had little issues at Lome cos I was over 32weeks had to sign an undertaking before they allowed me fly.
Poe.
CBP: why are u here
Me: to have my baby
CBP: how many weeks are you and doctors correspondence
I gave him and he asked how much I had said 14k in cards and 5k cash.
CBP: evidence of money in cards should statement of account he then saw my budget sheet showing 14k and told me he was asking me all this because he didn't want me to go for secondary inspection. And asked what I and DH did for a living.
Me told him where I work and DH's business
CBP: why is he not here with you
Me: he will be coming in later busy with work at the moment.
CBP: I can see you can pay ur bills and stamped me till April
All this at the counter it was just God all the way nothing like prayers and thanks to all the sabi mamas in the house for making us learn from their experience.
Tripple kmama pls sent u a pm

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cisco123: 5:32am On Oct 26, 2016
Please someone pls help, I need to contact a doctor in Boston.
Please kindly respond
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 5:33am On Oct 26, 2016
kilam111:
greetings to all the great sisters! i just arrived in Raleigh, North Carolina. i wonder if any of you can suggest me a good doctor/hospital in this area and also an average estimate of delivery charges? thnx

Shine your eyes very very well in that North Carolina you are in o. A friend had her baby in Charlotte last year and her eyes saw pepper. She went to the hospital before delivery and got a quote,you know those kind quote they give you verbally,but after delivery story changed, to cut the long story short,she ended up with a bill of about $18k, and that was after plenty abeg & discount o,so that's what she is battling with right now with a payment plan. That same birth,would have cost her like $7k max in a place like Houston.
So please shine your eye very well before you commit to any hospital.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:07am On Oct 26, 2016
kilam111:

ok ma!

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 7:02am On Oct 26, 2016
oye84:
I bought 4k on Monday 17th at the airport in Lagos at N371.

Thanks for the response. You bought it at travelex right?
Wish someone can get dollars there without boarding pass jare
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by fatima04: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2016
lucypratt:
Hello everyone!
My poe testimony!

All this at the counter it was just God all the way nothing like prayers and thanks to all the sabi mamas in the house for making us learn from their experience.
Tripple kmama pls sent u a pm

Congrats on ur POE experience. Pls am flying Ethiopia from Nigeria to Newark, what are the things you can advise me on. Also, was Newark your last destination because am having challenges getting a connecting flight since we land at 7.15pm Newark time. Any information you have will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 7:59am On Oct 26, 2016
bouqounmie:
Hello mamas and papas, please for those who applied for the Nigerian passport for their LOs, please did you have to fill the guarantor's form?
Please help a mama in distress.
Thank you.

Children don't need the guarantor's form.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by willie555: 8:37am On Oct 26, 2016
XX01:

Check booking. com. Rates are usually good.
As an alternative, check this service https://hotellook.com/ , it is even cheaper than Booking. Moreover, there are no hidden prices, you don't have to overpay. I used Booking before I found this website, it has really good offers. Anyways, you can always compare prices and choose the most suitable to you. Good luck!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 8:38am On Oct 26, 2016
grin grin grin
Lady G don "show"

For real for real

grin
LadyGuinivere:

ok ma!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MumcDab: 9:19am On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=psyche003 post=50391519]
I really can't understand why people like being judgemental, abeg. Are you God? I applied for a visa in 2014 when I was 5 months pregnant and was really scared cos my husband had been denied 5 times. I did not declare I was pregnant and wasn't asked. The guy at the interview was friendly and answered most of his own questions himself reading through my application. The visa was granted.

At Poe, immediately i placed my fingers on the scanner, the officer frowned and asked; 'How far along are you?' (I was'nt really showing oh) I told her 7 months and she sent me for secondary questioning where I met an FBI-looking officer. Asked me why I was there and i told her to visit my SIL and see if I can afford childbirth. She asked how much I had, 2k dolls but I had my cards so no issues. I kept eye contact all through, she looked me in the eye and said; 'whatever you do, pay all your bills yourself and get a zero balance for all'. Good luck. I dint even spend up to 30 mins. No be God?

I had my heart in my throat oh, but kept praying in my mind. I was so tired.

I dint use the Visa again after then, due to dollar hikes and all the wahala that came along with it. I wasnt even planning renewing it when it expired September 9th 2016. I discovered I was pregnant on the 16th of September 2016 so i quickly rushed to do my dropbox. My friends that did it previously told me the stress they went through, phone interview and all. One even got denied and had to reapply before being granted. Long story short, me I applied and got my visa 3 days after- no interview. Na God oh!

Just joined NL yesterday imagine if I had all this information 2 years ago? God will favour you no matter what mistake you have made. Just pray and trust.

If anybody has any actual advice for me concerning this issue, I'll be very grateful.

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by davsquared: 9:25am On Oct 26, 2016
I have replied ur pm

Whaleygold:
Hello @davsquared,
Please i will like to make some enquiry, can you drop your email so that i can send you a direct message.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by misscanada123: 9:43am On Oct 26, 2016
fatima04:

Congrats on ur POE experience. Pls am flying Ethiopia from Nigeria to Newark, what are the things you can advise me on. Also, was Newark your last destination because am having challenges getting a connecting flight since we land at 7.15pm Newark time. Any information you have will be appreciated. Thanks

Hello! I am also going that route o but the ticket I got will be getting me to my final destination in Virginia. Though it's a 12 hour stopover so I plan to stay in an hotel overnight.

Where is your final destination? If you have trouble finding late flights you might want to spend the night at an inexpensive hotel.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by misscanada123: 9:46am On Oct 26, 2016
[quote author=lucypratt post=50511992]Hello everyone!
My poe testimony!
I flew in through Ethiopia to Newark. Had little issues at Lome cos I was over 32weeks had to sign an undertaking before they /quote]

Congrats on your easy entry. I will also be flying the same route. I've never flown Ethiopian but it was the affordable option this time. Could you please share your experience about the service etc?

Thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boluwagin: 9:49am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello house, does anyone have an idea whether JPS hospital Dallas Form A?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boluwagin: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello house, does anyone have an idea whether JPS hospital Dallas accept Form A?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Earlybird81(f): 11:04am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello house...Congrats to all that have completed babymission journey,those that are still in the process and those aspiring to someday.May God bless and keep these children for us all in Jesus mighty name.Amen!
I have already completed mine and should be enroute my fatherland (quoting Nnytsc..lol) nextweek by God's grace.
There is an issue I believe God that someone in the house can be of immense assistance.
I have a stopover at Newyork which will elapse the following morning(very early) when the next flight will take us (me and LO) to Naija.
The plan was to stay at my aunt's place in Newyork for the stop over.However, the story changed when I called her last week to remind her.She gave an excuse of not being abe to acommodate us again.....
Now I'm stranded and don't have a place to stay while in Newyork for the stop over....I would have considered the option of a hotel but I am only left with baggage fees from Houston to Newyork....And can't even withdraw cash again from ATM using my naira Mastercard....
Anyone in this blessed forum who can assist us with a place to lay our heads just for one night?We really don't mind sleeping even on the floor....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lucypratt: 11:33am On Oct 26, 2016
I am presently in new York took a shuttle to new York think you should book an hotel to avoid stories that touch then a local flight the next day. The service was good just make sure you are not over 32weeks to avoid issues.I used port health they rejected the one I printed out from their website since the first leg to Lome was thru asky the flight wasn't full so I had three seats to myself to sleep.
fatima04:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2016
Thanks a lot. I appreciate.

feddy27:

Children don't need the guarantor's form.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Topnotch22: 1:03pm On Oct 26, 2016
oye84:
I bought 4k on Monday 17th at the airport in Lagos at N371.

@oye84 pls what it like buying with travelex.... was the maximum you could buy per person 2k each or yu just opted to buy 4k for yourself alone, did it take time??., did you have to get there very early and how soon did you get the dollar, was you passport stamped?? Etc.... I'm sorry for all the questions, I just want to be prepared.
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.