Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,439 members, 7,812,311 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898732 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 9:02pm On Apr 24, 2016
NaijaMama:

I have noticed that local flights don't take off from JFK in New York. Flights can either be gotten from Laguadia or Newark. If that's the case, how do I shuttle arriving in JFK and catching a flight to Houston?

I am also trying to use wakanow to book one way from Lagos to JFK and one way return from Houston to Lagos. Do you envisage any challenges with at the Point of Entry when I present tickets from 2 different airlines and 2 different locations?

I will suggest you call the airline directly or visit their office. They r usually able to help with that. Flew delta to atlanta in December and left via Chicago tho bck to Atlanta to connect to my finial destination.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 9:06pm On Apr 24, 2016
Kemo88:

Don't worry. Just keep calm. Use the olive oil once a week or every 2weeks, don't put too much pressure on yourself to clean. Just clean like you are gently wiping a surface.

Okay...will do that. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 9:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
ifax:
Has anyone watched Anchor baby? Nice movie. Its on 165 atm
I have watched it,staring Omoni Oboli and filmed in the US. it was so sweet and very educating concerning birth by foreigners in the US.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 11:01pm On Apr 24, 2016
why are you guys not exploring Tennessee. I heard its cheaper there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 11:07pm On Apr 24, 2016
ccemordi:
Hello House, I need an advise about something that am not clear on.. I planned for my wife to have our second baby in the U.S and was planning for her to go alone since myself , our first and her work will be a strong tie for her to want to return after child birth ( I am the sponsor) but my friend who recently got her visa said we should apply together since my wife would be having a C-section and my presence there would be to help her before and after child birth.. My question ..... Is our first child and my logistic business and her work enough tie to convince the VO Should in case we apply together or should i let her apply alone..

The Gurus in the house can advise me on this one PLEASE embarassed
Ok! So. A dear friend pointed it out to me that iv been b.tchy lately. I agree. Na the economy cheesy plus orishirishi issues. apologies to anyborry I may have offended (though I still maintain that we should be hardworking). So I'll use the poster as my penance.

Ceemordi even though that's not the question you asked but I'll break it down for you. Two issues are at hand
1. The fact that you need to be with her in the US and
2. That both of u need a visa.
Issue no 1 is clear. You wish to accompany and help her
On No 2, the answer is not as simple as you Posted it. Bear in mind that the vo will analyse
All your circumstances. Cash flow, travel history etc which we are not privy to.
In my opinion, I believe you should base your desicion on if you have travel history (together would be better) I know that people with virgin passports get but fact is, stats favour those that have travelled to 'better countries' before.
Since your wife is the most important person now, I think she should apply alone ist. If asked about you, she should tell them you may apply later depending on availability of time. If she gets the visa, then you can apply.
But if u guys have travelled before together then by all means please apply together.

Holla Mz Oyin3! Nice enough? grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KingAL07: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Kemo88:

Thank you for your advice.
You see here's the thing. I'm not seeing any pay later option on the website. All I'm seeing is credit/ debit card. I'm confused
Also, I have printed the form, so are you saying once my doctor fills the form no need for the letter again? Or should I just get both?
Hi, try booking tomorrow I had the same Issue with DH ticket. I tried booking on a weekend and the option to hold disappeared, on rebooking on Monday, it was back and I could book it.
All the best.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lawyer123: 11:08pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hello,I just flew Emirates to Houston about 3 days ago.
You do not need to fill the online form as it is majorly for ill flyers.(I called Emirates to confirm).
Your fit to fly letter from your Obgyn in Nigeria is very suffficent.Make photocopies because you would be asked to show it in most of the airports and even on board the plane.
Cheers!
Kemo88:
Hello everyone,
How's the weekend going?
As my Alaska journey gets closer fear dey catch me lol.
Anyhoo, please I am trying to book emirates online:
1) I noticed the only payment option online is to use your card. Is there a bank you can pay in like some other airlines do? My card doesn't work online and they don't accept third party cards so I can't use anyone else's card.
2) I intend to travel at 35weeks, I saw an epistle and a form on emirates website talking about "traveling as a preggie" and fit to fly (their fit to fly seems a bit more detailed than other airlines). Please I hope they won't give me wahala on the day of my trip. Please those who flew emirates while pregnant can you advice me? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lawyer123: 11:16pm On Apr 24, 2016
Hello, I hope this helps-I used Emirates about 3 days ago to Houston. You only get a meal voucher for the 7hrs layover and your flight gets in at 1.15am which is about 11pm Nigerian time. Trust me you would feel very exhausted and won't have time to walk up and down. There is only one hotel in Terminal 3 where you would get off and its called Dubai International Airport Hotel.For a walk in,I was charged 624 Dirahms which is about $201(I didnt really understand that exchange rate to be honest).
Anyway, spending $200 for a 4-5hours sleep(no breakfast included)wasnt worth it in my opinion so i ended using a lounge called Marhaba lounge.(Also in Terminal 3). U pay about 174 dirhams and get free steady wifi, a place to charge your phone, free 24hrs buffet and drinks including coffee and tea, and chairs to stretch your legs(Chairs are not entirely soft but basic leather couch chairs), there is also a shower but u pay an extra 20 dirahms i think to use that.
Other option is to stretch yourself on one of the long chairs near a boarding gate and have a one eyed nap. Cheers!
P.S-Meanwhile would bring the gist of my POE experience later. It was literally a miracle. Thank you to everyone who posts helpful tips on this page.(Yep, Im one of the 'monitoring' spirits.Lol!)
[quote author=Mistygal4 post=44969398]Hello House, congrats to all the new mothers, May God bless your LOs! Pls I need advice from this forum , I have a layover of 7hrs in Dubai and Emirates is only providing accommodation (Dubai Connect) for the inbound flight. I am thinking of getting a hotel accommodation

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 11:24pm On Apr 24, 2016
slimmy2005:
why are you guys not exploring Tennessee. I heard its cheaper there

Iv heard so too. Id do research about it for my next missionary journey lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 11:36pm On Apr 24, 2016
favoredgal:

Nursing is a demand and supply thing
The more you put the baby to the boobs the more your brain triggers your supply maker.

All these cleaning, drawing out, etc except you have inverted nips are unnecessary

If you'v not put to bed; don't even worry or stress in advance

If you've put to bed and the milk has not come out. You can also add your pump to assert twice the demand and trick your body

Drinking liquids - water, tea, pap- liquid sha helps

Relaxing and not stressing about it is also very very key
I agree but cleaning is quite scientific. There are articles on how the dead cells clog in some people. There's really no "all" or "none " as regards the human body I guess. What works for some doesn't work for others.
She primarily has to pump and make the baby suckle, That's primary.... In addition she can add all the other cleaning and fluids
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by oyin3: 12:39am On Apr 25, 2016
cheesy grin! Com ci com sa!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blue355: 12:58am On Apr 25, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Please any houston bound mama leaving this week?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 12:59am On Apr 25, 2016
@LadyGuinivere, @herrik066, @justwise, @happytbaby, Thank you all for your response and advise .. really appreciate it.

@all.. Let me use this opportunity to clarify what i noticed on this thread.. My decision for my wife to have our second baby in the U.S started last month and i contacted an agent to help with the process until i found this wonderful forum... Now to my main point.. Even though we appreciate our Gurus in the house please try not to discourage the newbies in the house.. The fact that we post questions that you find very easy to answer doesn't mean its easy for all .. (Some people see 2 +2 = 4 simple question but others will find it difficult to answer) .. My Point is... [b]PLEASE [/b]if you are fortunate to know something others don't know.. Don't make them feel horrible.. Your strong point might be someone else weak point viz versa....If this continue then a lot of us here will be scared to ask questions so as not to be humiliated and the main purpose of this forum will be defeated ( to Educated one another)

@herrik066 please don't be quick to judge tongue Inbtw i have read this part 4 50plus pages posts two times and my question was not just for me but for all the house member to benefit..I bet a lot of the housemates learnt one or two things from your responses

Thank you @all

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 1:10am On Apr 25, 2016
temmyo:
hello @if always

God has been good to me and mine. My "daughter" entered on Monday via JFK and no questions were asked, no secondary inspections or anything.

In my quest to make sure she got the visa, I paid El Paso hospital and Doctors fees in advance against the good advisory I got here. The deductions no be here ooo. $145 refund processing fee for Hospital bill, $250 again deducted from hospital bill and $145 deducted from Doctors fees. That's excluding the registration and Doctors letters. Nearly $750 gone . . .Just sharing so no one makes same mistake as I did.

Pls I need more clear explanation. Can I pay just the enrollment fee alone and get letter from and go to the embassy to secure my visa?
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 1:22am On Apr 25, 2016
ifyalways:
God has been good to me and mine. My "daughter" entered on Monday via JFK and no questions were asked, no secondary inspections or anything.

In my quest to make sure she got the visa, I paid El Paso hospital and Doctors fees in advance against the good advisory I got here. The deductions no be here ooo. $145 refund processing fee for Hospital bill, $250 again deducted from hospital bill and $145 deducted from Doctors fees. That's excluding the registration and Doctors letters. Nearly $750 gone shocked sad . . .Just sharing so no one makes same mistake as I did.

Pls explain. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 2:10am On Apr 25, 2016
Hi everyone. Thanks to God for a most successful 1st missionary journey.

Used Texas Health Harris Methodist DFW. Hospital was great, wonderful nurses, the attention was great. Felt like people actually cared how I felt, not the shout shout one gets from naija nurses. Lol

My fees were:
Hospital 4200 VD, doc 2300, labs/one sonogram 350, epi 1000 (I didn't use this but called them to get the price), pediatrician 145, hearing test/pedia at birth 793 (this one pain me die cos I wasn't informed I would pay for the hospital ped separately).

Got BC after one week, applied for US passport, went for the appointment with LO waited and collected same day.

That na my tori o... Leaving in a few days... Chilling and doing last min shopping.... cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by beautyx5: 2:36am On Apr 25, 2016
Hi All,

I am currently in Houston. Used JFK as my POE and I was sent for secondary inspection. Nothing too serious tho. Was asked if I was going to pay and how. And they checked my records.

For those looking for flights from JFK to Houston, I think its only jetblue that flies direct to Houston from JFK. But its an afternoon flight and I dont think they fly weekends.

Other direct flights to Houston are from Laguatdia and Newark. I did alot of research prior to travel.

For accommodation, please consider checking airbnb if you can afford it. Elpaso, Houston, Chicago.... Airbnb is easier. No lease anything. You may have to pay per night or week but alot give discount rates for weekly or monthly rentals.

I got a 2 bedroom and parlour for about 1700 per month. Slightly above my budget but it's in a safe neighbourhood and I have my privacy. that's what I wanted though. Just take your time.... it's pretty easy and straightforward. Read reviews and host rules as well as cancellation policies. Check distance to hospitals based on the area accommodation is located and decide.

Its not advertising. It's one more option to consider accommodation wise.

Cheers everyone!

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 4:09am On Apr 25, 2016
Got to houston dis morning will upload my poe shortly make i rest small.not so bad though

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 5:01am On Apr 25, 2016
merrymum:

Used Texas Health Harris Methodist DFW. Hospital was great, wonderful nurses, the attention was great. Felt like people actually cared how I felt, not the shout shout one gets from naija nurses. Lol

My fees were:
Hospital 4200 VD, doc 2300, labs/one sonogram 350, epi 1000 (I didn't use this but called them to get the price), pediatrician 145, hearing test/pedia at birth 793 (this one pain me die cos I wasn't informed I would pay for the hospital ped separately).

Got BC after one week, applied for US passport, went for the appointment with LO waited and collected same day, called Dr Stella for ETC, arrived two days later. That woman is amazing sha, really nice.

That na my tori o... Leaving in a few days... Chilling and doing last min shopping.... cheesy

PLease how Did you go about the processing of baby's Passport and visa or ETC as u call it. Am also a Texas mum due next month
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:01am On Apr 25, 2016
cheldas:

Pls I need more clear explanation. Can I pay just the enrollment fee alone and get letter from and go to the embassy to secure my visa?
Thanks
Yes u can. You must nt pay the hospital fees for several reasons. U may change your mind about hospitals and have some deductions upon return. You may create a sense of distrust for Nigerians paying ahead and have the letter of intent saga over again.
U stilll have not answered me. Do u guys have travel history?
Ps: stay away from agents!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:04am On Apr 25, 2016
CassyO:

PLease how Did you go about the processing of baby's Passport and visa or ETC as u call it. Am also a Texas mum due next month
Check the first page of this thread. I think the process is there under justwise's post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 6:10am On Apr 25, 2016
blaize777:
Got to houston dis morning will upload my poe shortly make i rest small.not so bad though

Thank God for Journey Mercies and stress free Poe ... Cant wait to read your Poe Transcript.. I also sent you an email, when you have a chance review my email please grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ccemordi(m): 6:32am On Apr 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Ok! So. A dear friend pointed it out to me that iv been b.tchy lately. I agree. Na the economy cheesy plus orishirishi issues. apologies to anyborry I may have offended (though I still maintain that we should be hardworking). So I'll use the poster as my penance.

Ceemordi even though that's not the question you asked but I'll break it down for you. Two issues are at hand
1. The fact that you need to be with her in the US and
2. That both of u need a visa.
Issue no 1 is clear. You wish to accompany and help her
On No 2, the answer is not as simple as you Posted it. Bear in mind that the vo will analyse
All your circumstances. Cash flow, travel history etc which we are not privy to.
In my opinion, I believe you should base your desicion on if you have travel history (together would be better) I know that people with virgin passports get but fact is, stats favour those that have travelled to 'better countries' before.
Since your wife is the most important person now, I think she should apply alone ist. If asked about you, she should tell them you may apply later depending on availability of time. If she gets the visa, then you can apply.
But if u guys have travelled before together then by all means please apply together.

Holla Mz Oyin3! Nice enough? grin

Thank you ma'am
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 6:46am On Apr 25, 2016
merrymum:

My fees were:

Got BC after one week, applied for US passport, went for the appointment with LO waited and collected same day.

@merrymum
Thank God for a great experience. Naija visa nko? Did you get that too? And how was your experience and timing? Thanks for a feedback.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 6:51am On Apr 25, 2016
ccemordi:
@LadyGuinivere, @herrik066, @justwise, @happytbaby, Thank you all for your response and advise .. really appreciate it.

@all.. Let me use this opportunity to clarify what i noticed on this thread.. My decision for my wife to have our second baby in the U.S started last month and i contacted an agent to help with the process until i found this wonderful forum... Now to my main point.. Even though we appreciate our Gurus in the house please try not to discourage the newbies in the house.. The fact that we post questions that you find very easy to answer doesn't mean its easy for all .. (Some people see 2 +2 = 4 simple question but others will find it difficult to answer) .. My Point is... [b]PLEASE [/b]if you are fortunate to know something others don't know.. Don't make them feel horrible.. Your strong point might be someone else weak point viz versa....If this continue then a lot of us here will be scared to ask questions so as not to be humiliated and the main purpose of this forum will be defeated ( to Educated one another)

@herrik066 please don't be quick to judge tongue Inbtw i have read this part 4 50plus pages posts two times and my question was not just for me but for all the house member to benefit..I bet a lot of the housemates learnt one or two things from your responses

Thank you @all

Please hang around after getting answers to your question here, don't leave us as many have done.

I give you few weeks after hanging around here helping people and your above view will change.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:52am On Apr 25, 2016
Please can she be my Aunty too?

jayjay4lyf:

Hi we used Beverly hospital in Boston, drs fee was 2500
Hospital was 7200, these are after self pay discount
Roughly 10k, we were Elpaso bound but my aunty insisted we stay and she took care of the drs fee for us since I said we were on a budget which was the reason for planning to go to elpaso, so she said sincr i would spend about that same 7k by the time i add flght to and fro, accomodation, feeding local transport etc, so i might as well stay in boston and spend d 7k without d other stress, we still have some people with heart of gold, God bless her real good
She even organised a baby shower and u need to see gifts

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jayjay4lyf: 8:05am On Apr 25, 2016
happytbaby:

Please can she be my Aunty too?

grin grin grin Hahahahahaha
I will ask her wink cool
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmyo: 8:12am On Apr 25, 2016
Hello Merrymum, congrats on the birth of your baby.

Please where in Dallas did you apply for and attend the u.s visa appointment?
merrymum:

My fees were:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mulberry: 9:30am On Apr 25, 2016
blaize777:

Thank God for journey mercies
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Veka: 9:39am On Apr 25, 2016
Are there any mamas that didn't use epidural for their first? How was it like? I'm still very undecided if I want to take the Hebrew woman route. I dey fear sha.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Babyidj01: 10:06am On Apr 25, 2016
Veka:
Are there any mamas that didn't use epidural for their first? How was it like? I'm still very undecided if I want to take the Hebrew woman route. I dey fear sha.

I didn't use epidural for my first and active labour was so short!!! The key is adequate exercise before going to d hospital like dancing, u would hv been properly dilated. I got to the hospital at 9cm dilated!!! Spent just 30 minutes for checking etc n boom baby was out..

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Babyidj01: 10:09am On Apr 25, 2016
Please can anybody advise on good gyn/ob and hospital fees in Portland, name of cheap gyn and details of hospital pls?

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.