Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,465 members, 7,812,426 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898748 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 10:24am On Apr 25, 2016
good morning every one, i applied for visa to attend a program and i was given the visa. at the interview i was not asked whether i was pregnant but i intend to use the visa for childbirth. do i send change of intent letter to notify the embassy?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shithapuns: 10:52am On Apr 25, 2016
luckyman23:
good morning every one, i applied for visa to attend a program and i was given the visa. at the interview i was not asked whether i was pregnant but i intend to use the visa for childbirth. do i send change of intent letter to notify the embassy?

THIS AINT GOOD!....this falls under misrepresentation, should you toe this path and succeed, you will hv a blighted record, wch will affect ur subsequent visa issuances.
Your best bet is to attend the program as u stated during the interview,...come back to naija...n go back again when its near childbirth....[ am assunming ur child birth is still far off/stomach still flat, for the VO not to hv asked you if you are pregnant}

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebiv: 10:53am On Apr 25, 2016
Hello my nairaland pple... Pls is any preggy mama going to houston via Emirates from Abuja ending of May? Like 27th? This is my 2nd missionary journey... Am looking for travel companion abeg. Thanks my pple
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrsBee: 11:03am On Apr 25, 2016
Veka:
Are there any mamas that didn't use epidural for their first? How was it like? I'm still very undecided if I want to take the Hebrew woman route. I dey fear sha.

I didnt use epidural for my first even though it was already covered under the MIHS plan. The pain was out of this world but it all disappeared when my baby came out. I guess it was easier for me because my labour was under 3 hours, i was already 7cm by the time i got to the hospital and wasnt really in pains until i was checked. I might have used it if it was much longer though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebiv: 11:08am On Apr 25, 2016
Pls my pple... is there any houston bound mom for may ending via Emirates abj- IAH? This is my second missionary journey...
I need a travel companion abeg... Thanks pple
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CNOROYALCLAN: 11:47am On Apr 25, 2016
Thanks Happytbaby. But how do you book a local flight from Nigeria?
happytbaby:
You are right. Most local flights originate from la guardia.

There is a shuttle from JFK to La Guardia which takes about 50 minutes. Its 14 dollars per person (adults) , kids ride free. Check the link below for details, its actually quite easy.

http://www.nycairporter.com/OurServices/LaGuardiatoJFKShuttle.aspx

Instead of booking two different airlines, please go to the website of the airline and use the option 'multiple destination'

You then specify each leg of your trip, for example, go to BA and book 'Lagos to JFK', specify date and return leg will be 'houston to Lagos'. I am not sure if Wakanow has multiple destination option but they should.

If you have local flight ticket to Houston, it should not be a problem.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 11:49am On Apr 25, 2016
Babyidj01:

I didn't use epidural for my first and active labour was so short!!! The key is adequate exercise before going to d hospital like dancing, u would hv been properly dilated. I got to the hospital at 9cm dilated!!! Spent just 30 minutes for checking etc n boom baby was out..

I tap into this. My experience will be same in Jesus Name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 11:51am On Apr 25, 2016
I don get small strength my Houston poe lol tough a lil though
Nig United so smooth no hassle booked wheel chair so it was express until I got to d plane.got to houston my name was already given for wheel chair.nyc decision cos I boycotted d long immigration queue.now d story starts omggg loll.met a lady first immigration woman.
Vo_why re u here
Me-childbirth
Vo- u re here for citizenship and did u declare at d embassy u re coming for child birth be truthful
ME_better health care& I did
Vo_ so no gud hospital in nig and how much in cash do u ve
Me- I no answer d nig part I told her 3500 and moneygram 2k plus atm card
Take her to second inspection she was so harsh .na so dey wheel go der.i saw Like 5 pregg pple der one sef dey wer going tru her fone.me I hrd my name cld after 5mins was wheeled to d man'office.
Vo_ so mamm u came 4 citizenship tell me the gospel truth
Me- I came for beta Healthcare.
Vo_wat year wer u born (I told him)he now said y didn't ur parent give birth to u in USA and u wer born in nig so gud doctors shld be der den
ME_dats my parents decision den and wat we consume now is not desame with der days . complication re high rated now.
Vo_ u still don't want to be truthful
Me-sir is d truth I told u
Vo-example UK everyone ran from dem becos no more citizenship but back den it was hot spot now usa is now wer everyone wants becos of citizenship I want to ask u a sincere question if by nxt yr we stop giving will u still come here for childbirth.
ME-OF course am just after d gud medical services omggg d man just starred at me and removed his face.
Vo_ so how much do u ve
Me-3500,money gram and atm card
Vo-give me d cash to count, ve u paid ur bill
Me_yes
Vo_let me ve all receipt and hospital letter ......I can see u ve 2k left to pay from d bill here
Me-will pay d bal with my atm card. Den I brought out my cash from my pregnant care drug pack and d vo started laughing y hiding dollar inside a drug pack I said sir is hard to source now and rate is high too I don't want stories
Vo- u re using west Huston medical center, we re going to change it to west Houston nig center.as all nig re rushing der and we will go der again for anoda inspection
Me- sir it's becos of gud services dey render.
Vo- I can see here the consular said she is not convinced u can handle tins along becos of ur condition dats y ur hubby was given visa so y is he not here.
Me_I said yeah sure but der was an emergency as d head of his unit he had no choice but to shift his to 3wks tym
Vo-so ur hubby prefer his work to his family dat wat it means cos me my family first.
Me-sir he is d major source of our income I had to understand with him
Vo_but u work too
Me-yes but we both can't be compared in salary wise
Vo -wen is ur due date (I told him)he now said well I don't ve anything against anyone coming to give birth here as long as u can afford it no medical aid and u declare ur tru intention at d embassy is cool by me .he stamped me in for 6month.make sure ur nxt visit u ve ur zero balance receipt enjoy ur stay
Me -Thank u Naso I was wheeled to agriculture nothing was seized even my indomie
Then thing one giant lady came der guess their boss. Mamm can I see the envelope u re holding I said dey re all my receipts I want to inspect it hmmm 3rd vo
Vo_ y re u here
Me-childbirth (inside me I don dey vex ďesame story again)
Vo_y American and ve u paid ur bills.
ME_better health care & all my medical receipts re in the envelope u took from me.naso dis woman started checking all d document der.
Vo _did u declare at d embassy u came for childbirth
Me_yes I did
Vo_mamm am giving u a last chance tell me the truth did u declare.
Me_I was already getting so pissed I told her Ma u ve a system just beside u can login and verify
Vo_ofcourse I will do dat but am asking u one more tym cos if I verify is a lie u will ve issues.
Me_I bone am I did not utter a word again after 3 mins she came back Gave me my passport and said enjoy ur stay.

That's my story òoòoo

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Veka: 11:57am On Apr 25, 2016
MrsBee:

I didnt use epidural for my first even though it was already covered under the MIHS plan. The pain was out of this world but it all disappeared when my baby came out. I guess it was easier for me because my labour was under 3 hours. I might have used it if it was much longer though.
thanks. Did they administer any form of pain killer/ regular anaesthetic ? Did you try any pain management techniques?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Veka: 12:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
Babyidj01:

I didn't use epidural for my first and active labour was so short!!! The key is adequate exercise before going to d hospital like dancing, u would hv been properly dilated. I got to the hospital at 9cm dilated!!! Spent just 30 minutes for checking etc n boom baby was out..
tapping into your anointing. Amen and amen. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 12:02pm On Apr 25, 2016
@Ccemordi, I am sorry if you perceived me to be judgmental. I was only stating a sincere suggestions. Like Justwise said
, please stick around.

ccemordi:
@LadyGuinivere, @herrik066, @justwise, @happytbaby, Thank you all for your response and advise .. really appreciate it.

@all.. Let me use this opportunity to clarify what i noticed on this thread.. My decision for my wife to have our second baby in the U.S started last month and i contacted an agent to help with the process until i found this wonderful forum... Now to my main point.. Even though we appreciate our Gurus in the house please try not to discourage the newbies in the house.. The fact that we post questions that you find very easy to answer doesn't mean its easy for all .. (Some people see 2 +2 = 4 simple question but others will find it difficult to answer) .. My Point is... [b]PLEASE [/b]if you are fortunate to know something others don't know.. Don't make them feel horrible.. Your strong point might be someone else weak point viz versa....If this continue then a lot of us here will be scared to ask questions so as not to be humiliated and the main purpose of this forum will be defeated ( to Educated one another)

@herrik066 please don't be quick to judge tongue Inbtw i have read this part 4 50plus pages posts two times and my question was not just for me but for all the house member to benefit..I bet a lot of the housemates learnt one or two things from your responses

Thank you @all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MrsBee: 12:03pm On Apr 25, 2016
CNOROYALCLAN:
Thanks Happytbaby. But how do you book a local flight from Nigeria?

You can book on Kayak.com or Expedia.com. Just key in your destination and originating cities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
Veka:
Are there any mamas that didn't use epidural for their first? How was it like? I'm still very undecided if I want to take the Hebrew woman route. I dey fear sha.

i used epidural for my first and will def use it again... it is d sweetest thing after jollof rice grin

you will be very relaxed during labor and progress faster. no shouting, crying, throwing tantrums etc. dat is d "hebrew woman" thing if you ask me.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Popri(f): 12:42pm On Apr 25, 2016
Thank God for you o @blaize777
If I'm to choose of UK and US..il still choose US, cos other than childbirth, shopping and all that is better for me in the US
Dunno why they get so angry at this thing, we want better healthcare, we are improving their economy, we shop a lot and pay all our bills..People that should be flagged are those that show signs of wanting to use insurance, but someone who can pay should excite them..

This should serve as a notice to the poster that wants to use conference visa and send change of intent, honestly pays so pls do the needful.

Wish you safe delivery
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CNOROYALCLAN: 12:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
Thanks MrsBee.
MrsBee:

You can book on Kayak.com or Expedia.com. Just key in your destination and originating cities.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 1:17pm On Apr 25, 2016
My mum's visa was approved!!!

Thanks for the help ladyG. Still gon send you your carton of crystal.

Her appointment was for 11am Lagos and by 11:20 she was out.
Questions asked:
Whats your name.
Why are you going to the US.
How long are you staying
How many children do you have and where are they.
Then she was asked to fingerprint grin

Although she was asked to pick up her passport at a different location from where I filled on the DS160. Did anyone else have same issues?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 1:52pm On Apr 25, 2016
Nnystc:

Sista,
Tank u, tank u.
Abi make i consider that Arik option. Thanks for the inspiration on Southwest. Can one pay with Naija cards? I got AF/KLM today for $390k... I come dey think i got a good deal... I just have to take the plunge and lock in a ticket so i can join the PTA hustle... Before all the banks will close shop...

I bin dey for dat yanga crew too o (as in i'm too posh for Arik). This one is eat your words dot com... With all this wahala, person go humble by force!

I hope yu grabd d AF/KLM deal with bith arms, your kidney and even ur lungs?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 2:00pm On Apr 25, 2016
merrymum:
Hi everyone. Thanks to God for a most successful 1st missionary journey.

Used Texas Health Harris Methodist DFW. Hospital was great, wonderful nurses, the attention was great. Felt like people actually cared how I felt, not the shout shout one gets from naija nurses. Lol

My fees were:
Hospital 4200 VD, doc 2300, labs/one sonogram 350, epi 1000 (I didn't use this but called them to get the price), pediatrician 145, hearing test/pedia at birth 793 (this one pain me die cos I wasn't informed I would pay for the hospital ped separately).

Got BC after one week, applied for US passport, went for the appointment with LO waited and collected same day.

That na my tori o... Leaving in a few days... Chilling and doing last min shopping.... cheesy

@merrymum congrats on the delivery of your baby.
Am actually new here but been following posts and learning from it and it has helped me a lot. Am due first week in Augand and it's multiple&am also using Harris methodist in dallas texas but am finding it difficult to get a Dr correspondent for my visa application and it's middle next month. I have paid the hospital fee in full but I just want to ask if and how u got a Dr correspondence. Tried 2 Dr and they said they can't give until I arrive and am having a c.s cos it's an ivf thing. I wouldn't mind using ur Dr if he/she is good and ready to pay in advance too.
Regards to the baby
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by danowena: 2:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
blaize777:
I don get small strength my Houston poe lol tough a lil though
Nig United so smooth..........
Then thing one giant lady came der guess their boss. Mamm can I see the envelope u re holding I said dey re all my receipts I want to inspect it hmmm 3rd vo
Vo_ y re u here
Me-childbirth (inside me I don dey vex ďesame story again)
Vo_y American and ve u paid ur bills.

Me_I bone am I did not utter a word again after 3 mins she came back Gave me my passport and said enjoy ur stay.

That's my story òoòoo

Na wa o o Houston POE! So they now ask if you have paid your bills ahead. Thank God for you.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 2:16pm On Apr 25, 2016
[quote author=passionantchica post=44950291]Funny thing is, I had planned to make the hotel reservations on my own, they have a discounted rate for 4-8hours stay.
But Qatar made the reservations themselves and sent to me, and for the inbound and outbound legs too.

good day @ passionantchica please how did quatar make the reservation for you? i actually tried to make the reservation myself but have not been able to.
should i go to their office cos i bought my ticket via wakanow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Vlesparza: 2:23pm On Apr 25, 2016
cheldas:

Pls explain. Thanks

If you do not have a visa, the enrollment is $250 (stated in the email) since other documentation is sent that is needed for the interview.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:37pm On Apr 25, 2016
ify4charm:
Pls new and old mama's I urgently need advise.

I just put to bed but haven't been able to express any breastmilk since the last 24hrs. LO sucks but nothing comes out. I am still doing skin to skin contact to initiate milk flow. Pls is there anyone who has experienced this and has a solution. Currently she is being bottled fed but i ll like to stop it asap.

Hi ify. Ts not really a problem. Some women have delayed breastfeeding. Juat continually massage your breast. Plus u may not hav milk but smth called colostrum also fills d baby.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 2:45pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hello House please what documents do I need to take to the bank for Form A transfers. mamas that have done this please kindly advice me Biko.....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 2:53pm On Apr 25, 2016
NaijaMama:

I'm based in Lagos and heading to Katy Texas. I'll be using a birth center, which I've already contacted. Trust me, this is pure coincidence. I have only one moniker here.

I knw d birth center option is cheaper and tempting especially if yu hav had a baby before and was gud on vaginal delivery. However i jst felt the urge to warn here that if anyth goes wrong n u need to be referred to a hospital, ambulance fee alone is outta ds world, talkless of the cost of emergency.

I pray yu deliver like the hebrew woman but better to know and evaluate yur choices right. Eapecially if yu arr a first time mom!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by babyokujide(f): 2:58pm On Apr 25, 2016
So after all the accounts opened I was unable to get PTA and no positive response, am travln dis wk. I'll just send d money 2 my family via WU biko, I no fit shout.

Advise- always have a plan B cos most if not all banks are not giving.
NB: opened 3 accounts 4 dis.

It is well!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ai100: 3:12pm On Apr 25, 2016
Hello merrymum please can i get the contact details of Texas Health Harris Methodist (both doctor contact and email). Also can i get the bills for CS.

merrymum:
Hi everyone. Thanks to God for a most successful 1st missionary journey.

Used Texas Health Harris Methodist DFW. Hospital was great, wonderful nurses, the attention was great. Felt like people actually cared how I felt, not the shout shout one gets from naija nurses. Lol

My fees were:
Hospital 4200 VD, doc 2300, labs/one sonogram 350, epi 1000 (I didn't use this but called them to get the price), pediatrician 145, hearing test/pedia at birth 793 (this one pain me die cos I wasn't informed I would pay for the hospital ped separately).

Got BC after one week, applied for US passport, went for the appointment with LO waited and collected same day.

That na my tori o... Leaving in a few days... Chilling and doing last min shopping.... cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 3:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Check the first page of this thread. I think the process is there under justwise's post

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 3:19pm On Apr 25, 2016
Oga oooo. Brooklyn not smiling at all. St john episcopal is chargin 10,963 or hospitl bill minus obgyn, queens medical is same wit st john, its like dy r using same directors n fees. Everything is just tiring. Still making calls anyway.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2016
Congrats to your mum.
My mum also went for her visa interview this morning, in Lagos, and her's was approved too.
So it's double celebrations smiley

sugah:
My mum's visa was approved!!!

Thanks for the help ladyG. Still gon send you your carton of crystal.

Her appointment was for 11am Lagos and by 11:20 she was out.
Questions asked:
Whats your name.
Why are you going to the US.
How long are you staying
How many children do you have and where are they.
Then she was asked to fingerprint grin

Although she was asked to pick up her passport at a different location from where I filled on the DS160. Did anyone else have same issues?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:18pm On Apr 25, 2016
Azonto dancing! Crystal coming ma wayyyyyyy! Lol
Congrats Sugah. Everything haff set now! Go ya and born american baby! grin

@blaize777 congrats!
The thing that struck me was that the vo actually put the reason your hubby's visa was granted... Hmmmmm
All ye that lie at the embassy see am o! The VOs sef dey kuku put reason for the visa...

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 4:33pm On Apr 25, 2016
@cutie333
I booked the flights online, directly from their website, chose the Pay Later option, and made an online transfer
to their account.
After this, I got a confirmation e-mail, and a Qatar airways staff called to get our Passport details.
It was after this phone conversation that I got an e-mail from Qatar, which had the Hotel reservations and other info.

But since you booked through Wakanow, this might be insignificant.
You probably should call the Qatar customer care line, and also call Wakanow, since you used their services.
All the best, and let me know how it goes.

*** Another thing is, if It's the Economy promo ticket you bought, it doesn't qualify for free hotel reservations, but they should
still be able to help with the process***

cutie333:

good day @ passionantchica please how did quatar make the reservation for you? i actually tried to make the reservation myself but have not been able to.
should i go to their office cos i bought my ticket via wakanow.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 4:35pm On Apr 25, 2016
Na wa o. I'm still having the faith that GTBank will come through for me.
It's not funny at all.

babyokujide:
So after all the accounts opened I was unable to get PTA and no positive response, am travln dis wk. I'll just send d money 2 my family via WU biko, I no fit shout.

Advise- always have a plan B cos most if not all banks are not giving.
NB: opened 3 accounts 4 dis.

It is well!

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.