Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,430 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (148) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008317 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 10:04pm On May 30, 2016
Newheights:
Please I need your urgent advice guys!
I just got an admission for a 1-year masters program in Canada and I think I want to defer. I have two reasons for this.
The first one is that my program starts July 25 and I haven't even submitted my visa app although it's just the unconditional acceptance letter from the DLI I'm waiting for. This is because the form A I used to pay the acceptance fee has been delaying so I wanna pay through another means tomorrow unfailingly and get my acceptance letter.
The second reason is that having looked through my options and costs, I think I wanna do a two year program that will give me an easier route of PR because of the 3 years work permit advantage. So I'm thinking of applying for a two-year program with thesame school that starts in January and try to defer my current program to switch to the new program. Although I don't know if the school does it or not.
However, I'm keeping my fingers crossed and will go ahead with my current visa app submission and hope I get it before my program start date, but if it comes after my program has started, can I keep the study permit and use it to resume for the two-year program that starts in January? Will I be able to extend the study permit to cover the two year program when I get to Canada?
Also, is there problem with keeping part of my tuition fund in a fixed deposit account about three days before I submit my visa app and stating that in my SOP and affidavit of support. Meanwhile, my affidavit of support was notarized mid-may and it states that I've fixed the sum for tuition. Is there no problem with the date on affidavit coming before date on fixed deposit certificate?

If you fail to register, ur study permit will expired three months after the semester has begun. You will have to re-apply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 10:28pm On May 30, 2016
ayeyemi91:
Morning all. Please how do I track my application, I applied via paper route yesterday. Thank you.

I'm heading to NS. Hello prospective Tiger smiley. I applied a day after you applied via paper route, let's keep in touch.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 10:39pm On May 30, 2016
Hello guys,

For those who have travelled or who have any idea at all....

1. What's the best way to travel with a lot money like any sort of transformable monetary instrument?

I hear PTA requires 'return ticket' sad
I don't know anything about bank drafts and it's usage in this regard though.

2. What's the best way to receive money from Nigeria?

I only hear about Western Union, and MoneyGram.

Anticipating your responses.
Thanks guys!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kingsolve(m): 11:14pm On May 30, 2016
Hi guys,
It's been a while. Please I need some help. Is anyone on this thread coming to Ontario from Lagos anytime soon? I need help with someone who can help with bring in an item needed for an event here early next month. I will appreciate any help pls. Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jangirova: 1:35am On May 31, 2016
jangirova:
Hello all. I need help concerning applying online for study permit. After navigating through mycic website , generated pssword& bla bla ,the adobe page I got couldn't save.the info typed after exiting.Am I missing something?.Also, there was no application number generated on welcome to mycic page. Pls I need a urgent response.Thanks.

After filling the forms and exiting, it still doesn't save automatically as nothing was displayed after relogging in. I read on CIC site that one should select e- application link under the in - progress section in order to retrieve saved pages. I Cant even find on the page any any e- application nor in progress section. Can someone who recently applied online Pls shed some light on the stepwise process. This is urgent!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 2:52am On May 31, 2016
Try using internet explorer insteasd of mozilla

jangirova:

After filling the forms and exiting, it still doesn't save automatically as nothing was displayed after relogging in. I read on CIC site that one should select e- application link under the in - progress section in order to retrieve saved pages. I Cant even find on the page any any e- application nor in progress section. Can someone who recently applied online Pls shed some light on the stepwise process. This is urgent!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by abdulkabirtobi(m): 6:17am On May 31, 2016
abdulkabirtobi:
Hi my people,is my sponsor's statement of acct,his sworn affidavit and a letter of sponsorship from him an enough doc to prove my funding?I can see pple usually add sponsor's properties papers in trv filling,I just need clarification on this pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 6:26am On May 31, 2016
lawmerchant:

If you fail to register, ur study permit will expired three months after the semester has begun. You will have to re-apply

Please, how do you come about this information of expiration? Who says 3 months after, study permit expires for failure to register in a course? Kindly attach the links on cic where it is stated? Muchas Gracias
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sholabadmus: 6:50am On May 31, 2016
Hi Guys,

I recently got admitted to NAIT to study Diploma in "Digital Media & IT", with option/career path of "Software Application Development".
My concern is this, i already have a BSc in Computer Science, isn't this a red flag?
I tried applying for Master thou but because i graduated with 2.2 i couldn't get admission into those Uni. i applied to as they required 2.1.

-In this case what do you suggest i do?
-Look for admission in atleast "Advance Diploma"?
-Go all the way to find any Uni. that can offer me admission for masters in Computer Sc. for TRV purpose?

Any word from you would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sholabadmus: 6:56am On May 31, 2016
[quote author=abdulkabirtobi post=46127807][/quote]

Really, i need a convincing answer to this aswell, but i guess it doesn't really matter it could only depend on the sponsor, think about a minister/president who couldn't declare for Code of Conduct Bureau how do you expect him to submit papers to CIC grin.

I think if the SOA is solid enough, there should be no P. But if you have other option thou, go for it.

Pardon me if am wrong,

Regards.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 7:02am On May 31, 2016
Bamz:
Hello guys,

1. What's the best way to travel with a lot money like any sort of transformable monetary instrument?

Thanks guys!
Oga, get your TRV first cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 7:34am On May 31, 2016
If you need details on how to pay your initial deposit to Conestoga college, get back to me.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 7:35am On May 31, 2016
bayocanny:

Baba we walk in faith... wink

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 7:44am On May 31, 2016
Bamz:

Baba we walk in faith... wink
Surely, it will end in praise

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheDreamChaser: 8:03am On May 31, 2016
penitential:
If you need details on how to pay your initial deposit to Conestoga college, get back to me.

Mind sharing here

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 8:22am On May 31, 2016
Greetings,

International Wire Transfer
If you're making payments from a bank account outside of Canada and you're unable to use Western Union transfer you may send your payment by International Wire Transfer through:

Royal Bank of Canada
600 Fairway Road South, Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Bank #003
Transit #02512
Account #000-001-8
Swift Code: ROYCCAT2
Routing Number: 021 000 021

Payable to: Conestoga College
TheDreamChaser:

Mind sharing here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by uvagho(f): 9:00am On May 31, 2016
sholabadmus:
Hi Guys,

I recently got admitted to NAIT to study Diploma in "Digital Media & IT", with option/career path of "Software Application Development".
My concern is this, i already have a BSc in Computer Science, isn't this a red flag?
I tried applying for Master thou but because i graduated with 2.2 i couldn't get admission into those Uni. i applied to as they required 2.1

-In this case what do you suggest i do?
-Look for admission in atleast "Advance Diploma"?
-Go all the way to find any Uni. that can offer me admission for masters in Computer Sc. for TRV purpose?

Any word from you would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
you have a better chance if you apply with a post graduate diploma .Find colleges that offer d course u intend to go to or something close .Wish all of us d best .

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by KayPapi: 11:27am On May 31, 2016
penitential:

Help a brother out. Much appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by UNIXLover(m): 11:35am On May 31, 2016
Hello Guys,
I am filling online application for the CIC student visa.
Please what does "Evidence of Work Requirement in Study (required" means?
is this to be provided by intending school ?

Thank you guys
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Holabisi: 12:13pm On May 31, 2016
]Good day house,keep up the good work,I want to apply for MSc in pharmacy at university of manitoba for fall 2017,I want to know if it isnt too early to start contacting potential supervisors before submitting my application.I have a 2.1 in pharmacy from the university of Ibadan
Please can I get anyone in the house in this school for further guidiance?Tanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by fikky12: 12:14pm On May 31, 2016
[quote author=lawmerchant post=46123114]

Please I'm new here and i don't know how to use this forum. Please I will like to do my masters in Canada and I want January 2017 admission. Please I nid a school that accepts 2.2 thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by fikky12: 12:16pm On May 31, 2016
Good day guys, please I nid help in finding a school in Canada for January 2017 admission. I av bsc in banking and finance but I finished with a 2.2. I don't know if its possible to do a masters program with that. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by penitential(m): 12:43pm On May 31, 2016
Drop your e-mail, and I will forward their e-mail response on how to pay school fees to your inbox.
KayPapi:

Help a brother out. Much appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by atrapon(m): 12:54pm On May 31, 2016
Good day wonderful e-family,please I need a help on universities that do not require upfront part tuition deposit(memorial and ?)thank you all and remain blessed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sayhi2riles: 1:15pm On May 31, 2016
Try university of regina
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SailorXY: 1:28pm On May 31, 2016
UNIXLover:
Hello Guys,
I am filling online application for the CIC student visa.
Please what does "Evidence of Work Requirement in Study (required" means?
is this to be provided by intending school ?

Thank you guys
What department were you admitted into?
In any case check your department's study plan, you should see it on the school website & if you don't see any work requirement from the study plan then your study has no work requirement, restart your registration from the scratch.

- if you find it then you can save the page & make it into .pdf format.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Toluwaase(m): 1:35pm On May 31, 2016
Pls gurus in the house, I need your candid advice.

I got a mail last week tuesday instructing me to go ahead and do medical exam. One of the instruction says I have to complete the test before the expiration of 14 days. I only have the opportunity to do it tommorrow.

I called consutant practice to know the number of days it will take before the result can be sent, thry said 6 working days. IOM said two working days. This shows the mrdical exam result will not get to the embassy before the end of the 14 days

Considering price, medical test in IOM costs 33k while it is only 28k in consultznt practice. Hence, I prefer Consultant practice because of the price, but ...

Do I need to bother about the number of days it will take them before sending the results? Or I should go ahead and do it in any of the two hospitals.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:35pm On May 31, 2016
bayocanny:

Hello guys,

Thanks guys!

It's called great anticipation and faith jorrrr. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.