Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (146) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005457 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 10:01pm On May 29, 2016
ademcoboy:

thanks...is this how they will calculate it at Saskatchewan university Canada?

dats the way they'll surely calculate it....
It was calculated for me that way sometime wen i wanted to apply to UBC Vancouver.... Thanks

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 10:06pm On May 29, 2016
Bhoyo:
Hello house, I do ask a questions but unfortunately few ppl do respond to my problem.
Again tonight, pls I want an advice for this problem which is urgent.
I have applied for visiting visa before and it was delayed last month due to travel history and purpose of visit. Fortunately enough now, I got admitted to a college for Postgraduate certificate. So pls hope my delayed visiting visa won't affect this new study permit application that am about to submit?
Secondly, Is it compulsory to include my personal statement of accout apart from my sponsorship account because I don't have much there?
Pls Gurus in the house I need your urgent help

Cc just wise
Thesoj
HayqinsbFX
Bfire
Kife

Visitor visas and study permits are two different classes of visas. You got delayed for visit, now u apply to study no crime....in so far as u didn't lie in the first app, no harm.

It does you no hard to add ur SOA, does it??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jangirova: 10:19pm On May 29, 2016
Hello all. I need help concerning applying online for study permit. After navigating through mycic website , generated pssword& bla bla ,the adobe page I got couldn't save.the info typed after exiting.Am I missing something?.Also, there was no application number generated on welcome to mycic page. Pls I need a urgent response.Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 10:46pm On May 29, 2016
tundechange:
Hi guys, respect to all d gurus in d house.

Please, can I use my Pension Fund account balance as a proof of fund?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ademcoboy(m): 10:54pm On May 29, 2016
[quote author=Kriss77 post=46093301][/quote]
thank you so much. I am convinced now..are you presently in Canada?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ademcoboy(m): 11:01pm On May 29, 2016
please House,
How easy it is to secure a supervisor for masters in university of Saskatchewan and how can one write a summary of research interest.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 11:21pm On May 29, 2016
pweetiesuzie:
Good day house, Happy Sunday to you all! Pls i have some enquiries to make.

Fitstly, i currently hold an admission letter to study diploma in Physical Therapist at Norquest college, Edmonton, Alberta, but my uncle in Canada adviced that i should not use the offer letter to apply for TRV because the program is not related to my course of study (Bsc biochemistry) and aso because its a diploma course. So, i am applying for a TRV with admission letter to study Masters in Biochemistry at Memorial University of Newfoundland, Labrador. (Not paying tuition though)
After getting the TRV & moving to Canada, is it possible i change schools & province since i already have an offer to study diploma in Physical Therapist at Norquest college, Alberta?

Secondly, i am planning on taking with me my 10months old baby girl. How possible is that considering the fact that i will be staying with my brother-in-law and family & there is enough money in my husband's bank account to prove that He can afford to pay my tuition and living expenses for a year & also our baby's childcare & other expenses(even though our baby will be staying with my brother-in-law's kids & wife while i am in school)
Has anyone achieved this in the house & how will i go about it? Pls advice.

Thanks for your prompt & favorable response

Apply for your study permit first (without the baby). When you get your study permit, apply for trv for your baby.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by RealJ: 11:26pm On May 29, 2016
hayqinsbFX:

i do not understand you...
na date to comot you suppose dey help me reason.......

Why are u being vague? Update us on ur application na. If it is another person now u will be attacking d person. Like u used to attack that poor lady mizbaby.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 11:37pm On May 29, 2016
Finestlex:
The program is boring. When it was time for coop, my program coordinator told us plainly that we are international students and no one is gonna take us since the program is designed for Canadians. Whoever wants to hire you, expect you to be Canadian.

Public Admin jobs are mainly with the govt. The rules here requires that govt jobs should first be offered to Citizens, then permanent resident before Int'l students. Some of the jobs will require security clearance which will not have as an Int'l student.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 11:50pm On May 29, 2016
chidarlus:
thats approximately 171naira to a dollar....d same access bank charged me 260naira to a dollar ....abeg when did u pay?

I used form A......two weeks ago, I was debited on Thursday 26th of this month. Though am yet to get my telex.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by livingseed: 11:51pm On May 29, 2016
opsyF:

thanks for the info. You are suggesting I show funds for the two years?

Opzy,

I think I would show available fund for 2yrs stay if my program was 2yrs but Team16 said no harm to show just 1yr expense so pls ask more questions or politely ask for reference to gain more understanding.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 12:00am On May 30, 2016
kife:

I will like to understand you bro, is it that Job prospects are low for international students with a pub Admin degree? Or that it's not a relevant course of study to the Canadian Economy?

Public Admin jobs are mainly with the govt. The rules here requires that govt jobs should first be offered to Citizens, then permanent resident before Int'l students. Also some of the jobs will require security clearance which you will not have as an Int'l student.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 12:10am On May 30, 2016
livingseed:

Opzy,

Board is 48k not 4K in that assumption. Am sorry for miscalculation. Ok, so that should give $103k net which could be tall or short financially for you. I think I would show available fund for 2yrs stay if my program was 2yrs but Team16 said no harm to show just 1yr expense so pls ask more questions or politely ask for reference to gain more understanding.
boarding 48k, isn't dat much?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by acolad(m): 12:30am On May 30, 2016
Pls house..i nid ur hep on ds..can i deposit a lump sum of money in my account if the sole purpose of d money is fr my studies..can i tender the account as proof of funds also.. I am not sponsoring myself i have a sponsor who i will be using her account as well as proof of fund.. But a certain amount of money is coming to my account from my parents ..is it advisable.to submit that also as.proof of fund..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by LOVINA1245: 5:06am On May 30, 2016
Hello house. i need your advise on a critical issue. i am a masters student in Canada & currently on coop work term. The comma now is i want to bring my fiancee to Canada [i miss her scatter scatter]. The "BUT" here is, we are not married thus i claimed single when i applied for study permit. My plan is to go home next month and we get married. What is our chances of her getting a spouse open work permit after we get married? and is this a sensible move or what other option/s can i explore? I thank una for una answers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 6:09am On May 30, 2016
acolad:
Pls house..i nid ur hep on ds..can i deposit a lump sum of money in my account if the sole purpose of d money is fr my studies..can i tender the account as proof of funds also.. I am not sponsoring myself i have a sponsor who i will be using her account as well as proof of fund.. But a certain amount of money is coming to my account from my parents ..is it advisable.to submit that also as.proof of fund..
like how much is the money coming into the account...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bhoyo: 7:38am On May 30, 2016
Ok thanks. But bro do I need to state it in my SOP that I have once be denied for visiting or not?

kife:

Visitor visas and study permits are two different classes of visas. You got delayed for visit, now u apply to study no crime....in so far as u didn't lie in the first app, no harm.

It does you no hard to add ur SOA, does it??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 8:06am On May 30, 2016
yemdogg:

Access bank deducted N256,499.76 from my account for the $1500 cad.
okay,thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kife(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2016
Bhoyo:
Ok thanks. But bro do I need to state it in my SOP that I have once be denied for visiting or not?

Not necessarily.
But don't deny same if asked in any form(s)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Holabisi: 12:01pm On May 30, 2016
Good day house,keep up the good work,I want to apply for MSc in pharmacy at university of manitoba for fall 2017,I want to know if it isnt too early to start contacting potential supervisors before submitting my application.I have a 2.1 in pharmacy from the university of Ibadan
Please can I get anyone in the house in this school for further guidiance?Tanks

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 12:07pm On May 30, 2016
travy:

Yes, I'm going to the vfs office. I appreciate your guidance, God bless you Sir.

Let me add that commercial drivers know the 3rd roundabout as IKATE roundabout bus stop. So in order to speak their own language, just say IKATE ROUNDABOUT O WA OOOOOOO. GOD BLESS YOUR EFFORTS. it will end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Deyemmy(m): 12:08pm On May 30, 2016
Hello all... Good day to you all, please I need some clarification on this sponsor issues. Am applying for M.A in Peace and conflict studies at University of Manitoba. And the school fees for first year is around 10,000dollars, continue fees is 570 dollars.
I would be having like 2milliion naira in my personal account for my tuition. But I want to ask, how much balance can my sponsors show in there account, I want to use my brother and my uncle as my sponsors. My brother is willing to cough out 2milliion naira, but he want to know how much balance is he going to show as my sponsor, and this goes to my Co sponsor also.
Please kindly help me out o this. Any information would be appreciated
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by luckyprince(m): 1:09pm On May 30, 2016
My wife has a TRV issued till 2019 and we just came back from Canada, we happened to visit some school which we are in the process of getting the acceptance letter. What are the steps for the study permit as we have the visiting visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by luckyprince(m): 1:10pm On May 30, 2016
Finestlex:
luckyprince, i hail o
na me dey hail you pass... can we talk!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:21pm On May 30, 2016
LOVINA1245:
Hello house. i need your advise on a critical issue. i am a masters student in Canada & currently on coop work term. The comma now is i want to bring my fiancee to Canada [i miss her scatter scatter]. The "BUT" here is, we are not married thus i claimed single when i applied for study permit. My plan is to go home next month and we get married. What is our chances of her getting a spouse open work permit after we get married? and is this a sensible move or what other option/s can i explore? I thank una for una answers

That's very easy. Go home get married and then apply for trv and open work permit for your spouse. Spouses of Int'l students are legible for visiting visa and work permit. Better apply now b4 you become permanent resident. Then it'll become more difficult as you'll have to apply to sponsor him which is a very long process.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:28pm On May 30, 2016
luckyprince:
My wife has a TRV issued till 2019 and we just came back from Canada, we happened to visit some school which we are in the process of getting the acceptance letter. What are the steps for the study permit as we have the visiting visa.

I think you should start with a basic Google search.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 2:02pm On May 30, 2016
CanadianVO shocked shocked, this your monicker though! I hope this isn't a parody account!!! If it is, kindly dissociate yourself from representing CIC, thank you!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by acolad(m): 2:35pm On May 30, 2016
adebayoolatunji:
like how much is the money coming into the account...

N200,000
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 2:36pm On May 30, 2016
Na wa ooo 6weeks now know medical called Hope and pray
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by luckyprince(m): 2:52pm On May 30, 2016
lawmerchant:

I think you should start with a basic Google search.

thanx lawmerchant!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.