Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,555 members, 7,819,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008594 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:32am On Apr 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Baba @justwise
It is not a plus to have a family member in canada....for a student visa.....
You saying this means you do not understand the real concept of "family ties in canada and country of residence"
Hav u read @standupguys gcms notes.....(thats one among few others)

If for express entry or any other PR application then it is very much a plus.

For a student they want u to come an spend ur money and show that u wil go back...

For PR they want u to show u won't struggle or find it hard to settle...

As much as i think you're right, it is also not a minus. The thing is, i dont see a reason for anyone to declare s/he has a family in Canada except if the person is his/her sponsor or immediate family member whose details must be provided in the Family information form.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:38am On Apr 26, 2016
bombman:
Trv denied for insufficient funds. How do I tackle this? I used my uncle as sponsor.I submitted his business account cad $ 50,000 and my personal account cad $ 3800. My total cost of tuition was 3700 annually (masters)

Did you submit his cac document? Co2 and co7 to show his shareholding in the company? Did he get a reference letter for you from his bank? How good was your sponsorship letter? Was it convincing enough?

You definitely got something wrong.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:41am On Apr 26, 2016
STENON:
I have been reading this post and laughing repeatedly snc 3am till now...

Haba!!! After your Msc in Lies, Pls you Must proceed for your PhD in the faculty of telling lies o...

Jst Tell me that you posted this comment from sleep ...

Lol.... you actually can not blame him.....you don't know what he's going through......he may end up in Libya don't worry.

Guys, don't be discouraged!!! Trust me being in Canada is worth all these stress 10 times over.....if not for your sake, do for the sake of you kids and give them that dual citizenship.

8 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 12:43am On Apr 26, 2016
ayooluwatoni:

If he was denied based on insufficient funds, that probably will be because the funds are neither in the applicant's country of residence nor destination. And not because his sponsor was in the US. The SOJ's sister had similar issue, her sponsor was in the US, and she was refused. But then she applied again, in the 2nd app her sponsor already transfered money required for 1 year tuition and living expenses to Canada, and at that time the funds available to her was already in her country of destination (Canada). She jejeli chop her trv with smile and joy......

So i think we all need to understand some of these reasons to avoid avoidable mistakes.

Let me repeat myself, quote the person who asked the question.

I don't have the time nor patience for pointless arguments. I deal with facts. Don't drag me into any useless argument here.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:43am On Apr 26, 2016
TheDreamChaser:
Hi everyone,
What is your take on this https://www.nairaland.com/3064363/stop-laminating-certificates

Does Canada reject laminated school documents?

None that i've heard of. Probably because i didn't laminate any of my results/certificates.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:51am On Apr 26, 2016
ayeyemi91:
Good morning everyone. Please I'll like to ask some questions on my visa application. I have just been admitted to Dalhousie University for my masters. I also have scholarship covering my tuition and living expenses. My question is on the requirement for bank statement as part of my visa application. I would like to know if I can use a corporate account for a company in which I am a Director or my Dad's personal account. Also, i would like to know how the amount that would be deemed sufficient. Thank you all.
Just use your dad's if there's sufficient funds in it. You actually shouldn't need to show any more proof of funds since you got a scholarship to cover all your expenses, but to just be on a safe side, you might wanna have a balance of say 5m.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 12:58am On Apr 26, 2016
Toluwaase:
Thank you very much everyone for helpful answers you have been providing.

I need to ask if I can apply for TRV with a passport that will expire in October for September term.

Secondly, I had a scholarship of 30,000 CAD/year which will cover my tuition and upkeep, and so far I have got an assurance from my cooperative that 2,000,000 Naira can be provided as loan apart from the money in my account? They are ready to back this up with a letter, Am I good to go with this for funding?

Or do I need to provide addition proof of fund to the embassy?

Hmmm, biko to be on a safe side, look for a sponsor and just use the sponsor's details.......the level of trust these people have for us has not gotten to that level
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 1:21am On Apr 26, 2016
ayooluwatoni:

Just use your dad's if there's sufficient funds in it. You actually shouldn't need to show any more proof of funds since you got a scholarship to cover all your expenses, but to just be on a safe side, you might wanna have a balance of say 5m.
Use your Dad and also make sure you fund your own personal account with atleast 1.5m to show them that you have enough money for flight and other basic things while your Dad's reference letter will show that you will be supported.... its important! irrespective of your scholarship... They dont want to hear that you are unemployed!!! and if you are employed, they want you to show proof....track record of income atleast

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by missPay: 2:00am On Apr 26, 2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 2:20am On Apr 26, 2016
MsLee:
Hello House,

Am new at this thread. Please i need urgent reply. I'm filling my study permit form and i have few questions...Please see questions below

1. Is it compulsory to have a sponsor? (cos the form says you must have at least $10,000 CAD in my account which i do and i have paid my tuition fee)

2. My sponsor is not a family member, how do i proof relationship?

3. What's the minimum amount that can be in my sponsor's account?

4. They are requesting for birth certificate for each family member.... i find this very unnecessary

Thank you

1. We've had on this thread those that sponsored themselves and they got their trv. But what worked for Mr AB may necessary not work for Mr BA, even though they both have A and B. So my candid advice, get a sponsor in addition to what you have in your account.

2. You dont have to worry yourself about this. Just believe in your heart he's your Uncle or S/he's your Aunt, and claim that in your app. Let s/he also claim you as nephew or niece. After all, culturally we were brought up to see any one older that us as our uncle or aunt or father or mother....lol... you just need to write a very good sponsorship letter.

3. That depends on your tuition and the duration of your program. If it's just a year masters with tuition of less than 10k cad, i'd say 5 to 8m.

4. It is NOT NECESSARY at all. I guess the officer that added that just took some wet weed when he prepared the guide. Anyway i didn't add that to my app sha.

And finally, I wish you God's best

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sholay2011(m): 2:39am On Apr 26, 2016
ayooluwatoni:

Lol.... you actually can not blame him.....you don't know what he's going through......he may end up in Libya don't worry.

Guys, don't be discouraged!!! Trust me being in Canada is worth all these stress 10 times over.....if not for your sake, do for the sake of you kids and give them that dual citizenship.
Mr man...how you dey?

And yes, Canada is actually worth the stress. My visa app also got to a point that I was like what the heck is special about schooling abroad or travelling to Canada.

Well, I have seen the difference.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 2:54am On Apr 26, 2016
sholay2011:

Mr man...how you dey?

And yes, Canada is actually worth the stress. My visa app also got to a point that I was like what the heck is special about schooling abroad or travelling to Canada.

Well, I have seen the difference.

Bros i gentle o. I say make i check my people here again......o tojo meta.
Where are you @?
I was almost giving it up too for Australia or UK or some where else.....but I just felt, i'm not gonna give up.....now the persistent has indeed paid off.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 2:59am On Apr 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Paper route just be like express DHL while online be like NIPOST...

Na Online come dey pay more....
Sighs

@Ak i admire your persistent and i believe there's a way God rewards those that are persistent. I pray you receive favour IJN.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sholay2011(m): 3:01am On Apr 26, 2016
ayooluwatoni:

Bros i gentle o. I say make i check my people here again......o tojo meta.
Where are you @?
I was almost giving it up too for Australia or UK or some where else.....but I just felt, i'm not gonna give up.....now the persistent has indeed paid off.
I'm at UofM, Winnipeg. Just finished exams oh. Where are you at bro?

May the TRV applicants on this thread find favour in VO's sight. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ayooluwatoni(m): 3:13am On Apr 26, 2016
sholay2011:

I'm at UofM, Winnipeg. Just finished exams oh. Where are you at bro?

May the TRV applicants on this thread find favour in VO's sight. Amen.

I dey Alberta o, Saint Paul precisely. Winnipeg far o. This permit has now turned to Gold. Just too tough now. Gone are the days when you get med call within 2 weeks and get trv within 5 weeks. What didn't matter before is now a big deal. May God favour all applicants on this Thread.

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Pinkygrace(f): 3:44am On Apr 26, 2016
opsyF:
Please, anyone on here currently studying or recently finished a post graduate degree program at Concordia University of Edmonton? I need to ask some questions about the Institution. You can provide me with your email add. so I can direct all my questions to your mail. Thanks
Try looking for this name Bobola86, he is at concordia universty of edmonton. I have applied there, what info do you need.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:31am On Apr 26, 2016
Osesmith:

Please
How can I locate consultant practice. I have their address but I'm not used to Lagos routes.
I'm coming from Iyana-kpaja.
grin grin grin grin grin
It's Iyana Ipaja pronounced as Iyana Ikpaja

Quite hilarious grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:21am On Apr 26, 2016
sshola:
Hello house, I work in a school and the school won't agree to act as a sponsor. What is the implication if the sponsor I want to use is not even a person from my tribe ( my year head's husband)?

Pls I need an answer o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Jayne07(f): 5:48am On Apr 26, 2016
Mizbaby:

I don't have the time nor patience for pointless arguments. I deal with facts. Don't drag me into any useless argument here.
Madam you really need to calm down

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by notasowie: 6:02am On Apr 26, 2016
ayooluwatoni:

Did you submit his cac document? Co2 and co7 to show his shareholding in the company? Did he get a reference letter for you from his bank? How good was your sponsorship letter? Was it convincing enough?

You definitely got something wrong.
hello ,please I need a well detail sponsorship letter from a company,pls
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by notasowie: 6:05am On Apr 26, 2016
Please house anyone with a well detail sponsorship letter from a company .I want to use it for my application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stephike1: 6:28am On Apr 26, 2016
ayooluwatoni:

You stand a chance, but you need to passionately explain yourself to the Visa Officer. I don't believe there's a general rule, and each application is treated differently. But it will be tough, if you dont explain convincingly what you've been doing since 2011, and how that prevented you from furthering your education, till this time......of all times, when the economic situation of Nigeria is "better" to say the least.......
BTW, you didn't say what work you've been doing.
Hello ayooluwatoni thanks for the advice. I have been practising my career as a fashion designer . Besides my kids are now big that I can leave them with my mum and go to futher.??

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 6:37am On Apr 26, 2016
Jayne07:

Madam you really need to calm down

People quote others here unnecessarily trying to start up arguments. The goal here is to give advice to those who want it not stirring things up. Just like you quoting me now, will that get you your trv?

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 6:40am On Apr 26, 2016
Madam, you have started again......
Quoting you does not necessaril mean he is against you or for you.....he is only adding his inputs....
And by the way why do you hav problem with people having ideas or opinion other than yours....

This is a forum and not everybody will agree with you, you just have to move on....

Mizbaby:

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 6:45am On Apr 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Madam, you have started again......
Quoting you does not necessaril mean he is against you or for you.....he is only adding his inputs....
And by the way why do you hav problem with people having ideas or opinion other than yours....

This is a forum and not everybody will agree with you, you just have to move on....

Exactly what I'm trying to do. I've left it. Why am I still being quoted? I've moved on, why bring it up again?

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 6:46am On Apr 26, 2016
What can a man do...
Anything for your future queen, prince and princesses
ayooluwatoni:

@Ak i admire your persistent and i believe there's a way God rewards those that are persistent. I pray you receive favour IJN.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by RealJ: 6:57am On Apr 26, 2016
Mizbaby:

Exactly what I'm trying to do. I've left it. Why am I still being quoted? I've moved on, why bring it up again?

My fellow golden bear, abi na panda of U of A. Abeg when are u moving to Edmonton? Abeg no vex, na so e dey be sometimes lol.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mizbaby(f): 7:00am On Apr 26, 2016
RealJ:

My fellow golden bear, abi na panda of U of A. Abeg when are u moving to Edmonton? Abeg no vex, na so e dey be sometimes lol.

Lol @ Panda, I'm thinking of August. Pm your phone number please.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 7:31am On Apr 26, 2016
Ignore the quote.....

Thats moving on

Mizbaby:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Notasowie30s(m): 7:39am On Apr 26, 2016
Please house anyone with a well detail company l sponsorship letter .I want to use it for my application
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by RealJ: 7:57am On Apr 26, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Ignore the quote.....

Thats moving on

Guy let it be. Don't drag words with a woman. Let her be. U must not have d last words abeg.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.