Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1007563 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mojolagbe: 11:20am On Apr 06, 2016
SegunWamiri:

I can imagine. My advice is contact VFS by mail or chat

I have already chatted with them and I was told to mail the immigration office.

This is the reply auto response mail:

This acknowledges receipt of your email sent to the Lagos visa office.

All messages received will be read; however, if a reply is needed, it may take up to 2 weeks to receive a reply. Inquiries on the status of a file will not be answered if the application is within the processing time as published on our website. Please do not resend any message. Your request will be read and taken care of shortly.

Applications are processed in their respective category on a First In First Served basis. For case related inquiries you must include one of the following: a) your specific file number which starts with either an (S)(V)(W) or (R); or b) your full name, date of birth and passport number as it appears in your passport.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2016
Mojolagbe:
Hi @all,

Please I need enlightenment on Online study permit application duration. I have submitted my application since 29 of January this year and did my biometrics the following week but up till now am yet to receive medical call or any other message. And by my calculation the application is now about 2 Months and 8 days ....Can anyone please shed more light for me on this as it is seriously disturbing me.
Thanks
With online you don't have issues with VFS, wait till your application is more than 10weeks then you can make case specific enquiry.
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 11:46am On Apr 06, 2016
It depends on d bank ui are using but try to use a visa card it has better n flexible rate. Also target close to 50k for online
effectplus:
Morning all....
Pls, who paid for apps fees and biometrics via online route using his/her Card...need to know how much both cost might be now?
TRV surest for all....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 06, 2016
GrandCommander:
Gud morning guys, I just Ave a question dat is a source of concern for me and I would appreciate ur responses.

1) can internships, NYSC, Volunteer work, temporary jobs be put under employment history in d application form when these kinds of jobs don't pay salaries but allowance and ur parents are d ones sponsoring you?

Please I need help with this.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by remainhidden: 11:57am On Apr 06, 2016
thesoj:
Nawa for you o. I responded to your PM last week. Ok, I just responded again a few mins ago.
i have sent you the docx boss
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolumuntari: 12:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
[Educational Psychology and Special EDUCATION. 3.97. please i need help ooquote author=ariolaoluwa post=44452149]

Congrats Tolumuntari! What course are you going for and what was your CGPA?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by BVNO: 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2016
Loriaidah.
To God be the glory,I got my documents today and it is well with my soul.I was denial after 14wks plus on this
1-Travel history
2- family ties in Canada and home country
3- Purpose of visit.
Thank you all for your help and I will still need help on how to tackle this reasons please.
Will list the documents I send.

Sorry about that dear. Don't give up.

Please did they call you for medicals during this period of waiting before denial?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Opoki(m): 1:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
@all, I need your input on this.

My friend who is a merchant trader is sponsoring his daughter for her b.sc in canada. He has and operates 2 accts in his own name, the account has a closing balance of 2m and 4m respectively while the transaction history is not massive.

The total numbers of pages are 3 covering 6months transactions.

As an end to end merchant, he make direct cash deposit into his suppliers accts while he only saves his personal profit.

My question is
1."will it look like he's not well loaded with money with this kind of acct statement?"
2. Can teller of deposited money works if scanned?

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
DanIndia:
I'm sorry to hear this, loriaidah, and I'm glad you'll be tackling the reasons. However, I'd like for you to sit and go through each and every of your documents and see in what way you can convince the VO that you'll be returning.
1 - Travel history. They use this many times as a reason for denial but it truly isn't, is your passport a virgin passport ? They trust applicants that have traveled and returned more than those that haven't. This isn't a basis for any applicant to be turned down though.
2 - Are you married ? If not, do you have a rental agreement that you could attach to your application ? Did you declare all your siblings on the family form ? This won't contribute much but you never know and tbh, you've got nothing to lose by attaching anything you find useful enough for the VO to be convinced. And if you're married, please and please attach a copy of your marriage certificate plus pictures too. This is mandatory for verification.
3 - Do you have a long study gap ? If you do, could you elaborate on this as to why you decided to wait so-so long to the VO, in a letter of explanation? This could range from you decided to get married to having a child, or work for sometime for hands-on experience.. the list goes on.

Yes@ALL: Pictures ooo even if you're applying alone first. This was my mistake in my recent refusal.

My marriage certificate and my wife and son's birth certificates wasn't enough proof of family ties

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by intrepid: 2:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
I have been trying to create the MyCIC account so that I can commence my online application but each time it keeps taking me back to "apply online" . I have followed all the steps from COM ING TO CANADA and the ELIGIBILITY which was positive. Still I can't find where to open the cic account. Please I need help.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by TheDreamChaser: 2:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
Arcayo:
Quick one guys, has anyone Google him/herself lately to see what he or she will see?
What am after is that the VOs can go as far as checking these and what will pop up is your social media accounts, facebook, LinkedIn, etc if you are on social media mind what you write if you are not good for you.
PS..just my reasoning not a confirmed information
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ajibade105(m): 3:11pm On Apr 06, 2016
tolumuntari:
[please what course and when was that? are you for septemberquote author=Ajibade105 post=44434221]9

I have gotten a reply from them.

Fall2016. M.Sc Biostatistics
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bettyxyz: 3:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
Please I filled d cic documents sometimes ago for work permit and it
was validated online without doing biometrics. I'm about applying for my study permit While filling the form there's a place they asked if I've previously applied to enter or remain in Canada. Do I say yes or no. I'm confused. @ the gurus in the house please help a sister.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeabisoye: 3:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
intrepid:
I have been trying to create the MyCIC account so that I can commence my online application but each time it keeps taking me back to "apply online" . I have followed all the steps from COM ING TO CANADA and the ELIGIBILITY which was positive. Still I can't find where to open the cic account. Please I need help.

Check you network..... Keep trying it will open.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by princeabisoye: 3:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
bettyxyz:
Please I filled d cic documents sometimes ago for work permit and it
was validated online without doing biometrics. I'm about applying for my study permit While filling the form there's a place they asked if I've previously applied to enter or remain in Canada. Do I say yes or no. I'm confused. @ the gurus in the house please help a sister.

If u ve applied before and u got denied.... U say yes..... If u ve never applied before..... say no
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 3:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
thesoj:
Nawa for you o. I responded to your PM last week. Ok, I just responded again a few mins ago.
Hello bro, am still waiting for your input on my SOP, abeg reason my matter
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by cjrex501: 3:44pm On Apr 06, 2016
Good day nairaland, i want to ask this question about the sponsor account on behalf of my cousin, the inflow account is 20 to 30 million and his closing balance is 200k and he also want to provide his shareholder account what of 1 million dollar....i want to know if this okay and good to go because his sponsor has sworn affidavit and has provide letter of explanation

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Opoki(m): 3:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
cjrex501:
Good day nairaland, i want to ask this question about the sponsor account on behalf of my cousin, the inflow account is 20 to 30 million and his closing balance is 200k and he also want to provide his shareholder account what of 1 million dollar....i want to know if this okay and good to go because his sponsor has sworn affidavit and has provide letter of explanation
The closing balance is not too good, available bal of 200k is less than 1k cad and shareholders acct is not a readily available cash for your cousins studies.
My thought tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by steffans(m): 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
Dis embassy people can be very funny..
There was a time they approved TRV for someone here on nairaland with just like 1k in his dad's acct..

They treat everybody's application differently and uniquely..

Good luck

Opoki:

The closing balance is not too good, available bal of 200k is less than 1k cad and shareholders acct is not a readily available cash for your cousins studies.
My thought tho.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bettyxyz: 4:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
princeabisoye:

If u ve applied before and u got denied.... U say yes..... If u ve never applied before..... say no
I only filled the form and validated den without doing biometric like I didn't finish the processing.
Just wanted to know weder it will be taken as "I have applied before"? Guru in the house I need ur input.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stinux(f): 4:41pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hello everyone, great job you are doing here. Please is there anyone that has gotten a TRV with University of Ottawa? I was just given admission for a Master Program in Education but l discovered that the acceptance letter was not in the same format as requested by CIC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
bettyxyz:

I only filled the form and validated den without doing biometric like I didn't finish the processing.
Just wanted to know weder it will be taken as "I have applied before"? Guru in the house I need ur input.

If you didnt submit an application its just same with not applying at all, so you dont have to worry about that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
wow, i am more than certain that there are going to be alot of TRV approval this month

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 5:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
intrepid:
You are on track, just scroll down and click on Continue to GCkey to create your profile

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=GrandCommander post=44455359]

Anyone with knowledge about this should pls comment. Thanks cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by intrepid: 5:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Arcayo:

You are on track, just scroll down and click on Continue to GCkey to create your profile
I went ahead to create GCKey and after that, the site said "Click continue to access our online services. when I clicked, it took me back again to APPLY ONLY.

I have been on this for more than one week now and not able to create a profile.

Please what am getting wrong?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 5:34pm On Apr 06, 2016
You're not getting anything wrong. You may be having issues understanding the steps. Did you finally any sort of questionnaire too ?
intrepid:
I went ahead to create GCKey and after that, the site said "Click continue to access our online services. when I clicked, it took me back again to APPLY ONLY.

I have been on this for more than one week now and not able to create a profile.

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
intrepid:

Did you click sign up?, you have to sign up to create your profile
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by pampem: 6:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
Evening all, trust our day has been good.
Please anyone applied for masters in Environmental policy program at MUN for 2016/2017 September session? if yes, any update as regards admission decision yet?
will appreciate any info as regards.
All the best.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olaniyisal: 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
Good day All.

Please I need an update and guide on how to go about the online application method.

Thanks as u reply
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 06, 2016
Arcayo.. I want to be your friend..#No Homo bro#

I sent you a pm..Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.