Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria (877 Views)

Aisha Alhassan Spent N12 Million To Inspect Ghost Projects - Premium Times / Nnamdi Kanu Denies Rejecting Bail, Pledges To Meet Conditions Within 48 Hours / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by BELLICKS(m): 4:41am On Apr 02, 2016
The US Secretary of State on Friday, made the pledge during a meeting of the US/Nigeria Bi- national Commission on the sidelines of the Nuclear Energy Summit in Washington DC. According to Mr John Kerry, the sum is expected to cover health, education, energy, food, security among other sectors. The US Secretary of State also held talks with Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari. Mr Kerry said that he is greatly encouraged by President Buhari’s commitment to diversifying Nigeria’s economy. The Nigerian President joined over 50 world leaders in attending the Nuclear Energy Summit. Top on the agenda of the summit is the North Korea’s nuclear programme and the threat of the Islamic State gaining access to the nuclear weapons.
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by TheProphetess(f): 4:53am On Apr 02, 2016
Good news grin Finally some benefits of bubus world travels. After some people will say America is evil and out for our downfall.
Hopefully this money won't be looted by some politicians.
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by fammo: 5:57am On Apr 02, 2016
Each time I see this kinda News I can't help but ask myself "what is Nigeria giving up in return for these gestures?
I hope we are not been sold and also I pray the money is used properly and won't be another avenue to enrich the pockets of the already too rich few!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by Edwinmason(m): 6:46am On Apr 02, 2016
what has nigeria become, a charity that need donations?
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by achinaboy(m): 2:45pm On Apr 02, 2016
aid nigeria on what?
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by Kyase(m): 3:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
achinaboy:
aid nigeria on what?
Make I read am for you?
According to Mr John Kerry, the sum is expected to cover health, education, energy, food, security among other sectors.
Hope you understand now? cool

1 Like

Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by senior123: 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2016
We do not want US money. It is blood money. Nothing good can ever come out it. The latest one is that David Rockfellar who funded the second world war is now the leading industry in Africa lobbying for establishing a food bank in Africa.
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by ElCount: 3:36pm On Apr 02, 2016
BELLICKS:
The US Secretary of State on Friday, made the
pledge during a meeting of the US/Nigeria Bi-
national Commission on the sidelines of the
Nuclear Energy Summit in Washington DC.
According to Mr John Kerry, the sum is expected
to cover health, education, energy, food, security
among other sectors.
The US Secretary of State also held talks with
Nigeria’s President, Muhammadu Buhari.
Mr Kerry said that he is greatly encouraged by
President Buhari’s commitment to diversifying
Nigeria’s economy.
The Nigerian President joined over 50 world
leaders in attending the Nuclear Energy Summit.
Top on the agenda of the summit is the North
Korea’s nuclear programme and the threat of the
Islamic State gaining access to the nuclear
weapons.
Point of correction- 600million dollars to our politicians to boost their economy.
On a more serious note though. So US just woke up and decided to give nigeria 600 million akpalakpala and we are giving nothing in return? Hmmm #trojanhorse

1 Like

Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by senior123: 3:49pm On Apr 02, 2016
Kyase:

Make I read am for you?
According to Mr John Kerry, the sum is expected to cover health, education, energy, food, security among other sectors.

So basically the US will own us then?
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by TANTUMERGO007(m): 3:51pm On Apr 02, 2016
Kyase:

Make I read am for you?
you no they shame, the so-called 'giant of africa' still they beg for aids undecided
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by Kyase(m): 3:54pm On Apr 02, 2016
senior123:

So basically the US will own us then?
The word is AID not buy or rent
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by Kyase(m): 3:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:

you no they shame, the so-called 'giant of africa' still they beg for aids undecided
So you believe say we be Africa giants abi?
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by senior123: 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
Re: US Pledges $600 Million To Aid Nigeria by achinaboy(m): 12:01am On Apr 03, 2016
Kyase:

Make I read am for you?
food for who?

(1) (Reply)

Don't Fear Buhari, He Is Not God - Militants / EFCC Grills Ex-governor Imoke, Others On $115m Bank Fraud / Indigbo Leaders Call For Halt On Sarakis Travails At CCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.