Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy (28131 Views)

Buhari Deploys Service Chiefs To Niger Delta Over Rising Militancy. / Who Killed Isaac Adaka Boro? / Major Jasper Isaac Adaka Boro(Sep 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 9:21pm On Aug 09, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Adaka Boro did what he could in his day, what are you doing today?

PS. The crisis that is referred to in your evidential article, was not a physical crisis or war. In fact it was similar to the difference of opinion that you will find at ohaneze or any other meeting where divergent views exist. But I'm sure you already know this.

I'm just trying to set the record on Boro right.

I did not mean a direct shoot-out between Ijaws and Urhobos, and it was not what the article said. Remember, the issue came up under the contex of east and west Ijaws, and when I said the western Ijaws fight with Urhobos, everybody in your camp lined up to stone me to death. Please cast your stone on the newspaper that carried the article, and on your misunderstanding of the contex.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Becomrich: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2009
did you ever lived in nigeria before. when the military overthrow the govt. the law of the land goes toward the other side of the window. read an speech of coup in nigeria. no more law. everybody make its own. we have no law in nigeria written by us. no like other countries in the world.

One crack head wake up and take over govt and makes the law, this is the laws we have to please past ruler and ethnics group. that is why they are accepted and everybody is law in nigeria. if you have guns  and men you can be president in the next 24 hours in nigeria. put a bullet to the president. and make yourself president. give alot of nigerian guns and you see many president.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2009
@Becomrich

The issue of Ojukwu, Mandela and Adaka Boro was predicted on normal constituted authorities decorated with generally accepted constitutional laws of the land. The laws of the land do not flow from one person. Even during the military regimes, the laws of the land originate from standing constitutional books and decrees promulgated by the military council.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 10:01pm On Aug 09, 2009
Becomrich:

naijaking1 or dede, answer my question if you people claim Isaac boro was a criminal.

Is Ojukwu(igbo) a criminal or a hero?

Is mandela a criminal or hero?

Is fighting for someone right in a system that is corrupt make you a criminal?

Where in Nigeria would you get Justice? Is it from census fraud and election rigging by the government of Nigeria? Or the police that would kill you for less than 0.20 cent USA?

Or do you get Justice from corrupt judge who if he refused to please the government the government would hold his salary for 2 years?
Since the police is corrupt in nigeria, and the government is corrupt in nigeria and the justice system is corrupt ? Dont you know this is the reason people carry arm?

Take for example Yar adua and national assembly, even after his govt have seen the satellite pictures of nigeria instead of correcting the Injustice done to the yorubas, what are they doing. everyday they lie they are reviewing the constitution. This are men who are liar. It does not take you 2 and half years to start to review a constitution. It tell you you have leaders who are not ashame to be know as criminal and liars and it is time to change them.

Is a man who is a governor and rob his state or local govt or federal govt of the money, a politician or criminal?
Are all your leaders not criminal, the bible says , he without no sin, let him cast the first stone. None of your leaders has the right to call Isaac Boro a criminal. He was only fighting for the right of Ijaw people.

Your comparison of Ojukwu/Mandela with Boro is very lame. Ojukwu was never convicted in any court. Adaka Boro's youthful exhuberance went too far, because he was foolishly used by Hausa and Yoruba people to destablize his home land. The reason why we're still debating about him today is because of the excess publicity given him by the Nigerian government, not because of his bravery or any special talent.

Boro was student union president at UNN(elected by mostly Igbo students-I believe), it was after that he thought he was some kind of a "messiah" because he had a ready support from Yoruba and Hausa people who were looking for every and anyway of destabliing the eastern Nigerian region.
Have you never wondered why older, more academically qualified, and real heros of Ijaw origin have been shadowed by this false hero image of Boro? Thanks to the publicity machinery of the Nigerian government. We know better.

Bye the way, I agree with you about the bad nature of the Yar'dua's administration. We have a Yoruba man-OBJ to thank for that. If he had conducted a free and fair primary for the PDP, Peter Odili would be sitting in Aso rock today.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 10:13pm On Aug 09, 2009
Ibime:

In simple terms, Eastern Region wanted devolvement from Nigeria, and Ijaws wanted devolvement from Eastern Region which Ndigbo always fought against. . . .the contradiction is quite obvious for all to see. . .

Finally, yes, the Ijaw population is over 10 million. Ijaw population in the old Eastern Region would easily exceed 5 million. The same size as Scotland.

Please answer the question I asked you earlier before carrying on about eastern Nigeria not wanting to carve out Ijaw or River state.
Who had the constitutional power to creat a seperate state out of any particular region?
Was it Ojukwu?
Was it Michael Okpara?
Was it Zik?
Was it Igbo people?
Was it the attorney general of eastern Nigeria(who was Ijaw).
Was it the federal legistilator in Lagos?
Who

You have to answer this question, because then and only then you'll understand that your misplaced argument that "Ojukwu refused to even consider Ijaw people's request for a state" has been grossly baseless and infact misleading.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 10:39pm On Aug 09, 2009
naijaking1:

Please answer the question I asked you earlier before carrying on about eastern Nigeria not wanting to carve out Ijaw or River state.
Who had the constitutional power to creat a seperate state out of any particular region?
Was it Ojukwu?
Was it Michael Okpara?
Was it Zik?
Was it Igbo people?
Was it the attorney general of eastern Nigeria(who was Ijaw).
Was it the federal legistilator in Lagos?
Who

You have to answer this question, because then and only then you'll understand that your misplaced argument that "Ojukwu refused to even consider Ijaw people's request for a state" has been grossly baseless and infact misleading.

I think your argument is getting desperate. . . .People do not make decisions, institutions do. . . and all Igbo institutions had refused devolution for Ijaws. . . I am not aware of the technical machinations of creating a seperate region apart from representations at the Constitutional Conferences, but I do know that NCNC vehemently opposed it. . . . if you doubt that NCNC opposed the creation of Rivers State, then feel free to data mine the WWW, or better yet ask Dede1, but I will not do your research for you.

I shall quote from the memorandum for the creation of Rivers State, signed in 1966 by eminent individuals in Rivers State:

"The pre-occupation of the Government of Eastern Nigeria appears to be to retain this Region in its present size and in fact ask for more powers at the expense of permanent minorities like the Niger Delta."

Also, read on the Eastern Regions annexation of the autonomy of the NDDB. . . 

"It is understood that the Consultative Body of Eastern Nigeria advised the Military Governor that the Niger Delta Development Board in section 159 of the Constitution of the Federation should be repatriated to respective Regions.  This shade of opinion is strongly opposed by all Rivers People. . . . It should be remembered that sub-section 2(d) of Section 159 of the Constitution of the Federation implies that inhabitants of the Niger Delta have a stake in the fate of the Niger Delta Development Board at any Constitution Conference.  In an exclusive interview of Rivers people with the Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria at Enugu on Saturday September 3rd, 1966, His Excellency indicated that he would brief the Eastern Nigeria team from recommendations of the East Consultative Body.  His Excellency's appointed team cannot rightly play the part of the inhabitants of the Niger Delta on the National Conference because our interests are certainly at cross purposes with those of other integral units of the Region."

http://www.adakaboro.org/resources/articles/37-articles/92-rvldrsofthougt

The quotes above show the strong strain of Igbo opposition to any type of autonomy in Niger-Delta, even refusing the NDDB its constitutional right to make a seperate representation for itself at constitutional conferences. . . . so dont be surprised when we talk about Aburi Accord as being a honest document put forward by hypocritical proponents.

In the meantime, you can read about the history of Ijaws struggle for administrative autonomy here:

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/resolution_001_08.htm

I hope all these would serve to inform you of the reasons why Ijaws were locked in a political battle with Igbos at the time of 1966, and what informed the so-called "betrayal" of some of them, although as Afam said, people do not dive into issues on sentimental blackmail, but have to make a good cost-benefit analysis before making decisions. Same applies to Ijaws who fought for Nigeria, including Adaka Boro.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by udezue(m): 10:49pm On Aug 09, 2009
Point blank Adaka Boro made the gravest miscalculation by fighting against his region. All the back and forth wont change it.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 12:44am On Aug 10, 2009
Ibime:

I think your argument is getting desperate. . . .People do not make decisions, institutions do. . . and all Igbo institutions had refused devolution for Ijaws. . . I am not aware of the technical machinations of creating a seperate region apart from representations at the Constitutional Conferences, but I do know that NCNC vehemently opposed it. . . . if you doubt that NCNC opposed the creation of Rivers State, then feel free to data mine the WWW, or better yet ask Dede1, but I will not do your research for you.

I shall quote from the memorandum for the creation of Rivers State, signed in 1966 by eminent individuals in Rivers State:

"The pre-occupation of the Government of Eastern Nigeria appears to be to retain this Region in its present size and in fact ask for more powers at the expense of permanent minorities like the Niger Delta."

Also, read on the Eastern Regions annexation of the autonomy of the NDDB. . . 

"It is understood that the Consultative Body of Eastern Nigeria advised the Military Governor that the Niger Delta Development Board in section 159 of the Constitution of the Federation should be repatriated to respective Regions.  This shade of opinion is strongly opposed by all Rivers People. . . . It should be remembered that sub-section 2(d) of Section 159 of the Constitution of the Federation implies that inhabitants of the Niger Delta have a stake in the fate of the Niger Delta Development Board at any Constitution Conference.  In an exclusive interview of Rivers people with the Military Governor of Eastern Nigeria at Enugu on Saturday September 3rd, 1966, His Excellency indicated that he would brief the Eastern Nigeria team from recommendations of the East Consultative Body.  His Excellency's appointed team cannot rightly play the part of the inhabitants of the Niger Delta on the National Conference because our interests are certainly at cross purposes with those of other integral units of the Region."

http://www.adakaboro.org/resources/articles/37-articles/92-rvldrsofthougt

The quotes above show the strong strain of Igbo opposition to any type of autonomy in Niger-Delta, even refusing the NDDB its constitutional right to make a seperate representation for itself at constitutional conferences. . . . so dont be surprised when we talk about Aburi Accord as being a honest document put forward by hypocritical proponents.

In the meantime, you can read about the history of Ijaws struggle for administrative autonomy here:

http://www.ijawfoundation.org/resolution_001_08.htm

I hope all these would serve to inform you of the reasons why Ijaws were locked in a political battle with Igbos at the time of 1966, and what informed the so-called "betrayal" of some of them, although as Afam said, people do not dive into issues on sentimental blackmail, but have to make a good cost-benefit analysis before making decisions. Same applies to Ijaws who fought for Nigeria, including Adaka Boro.

This is another lame attempt to justify the act of political suicide committed by certain ethnic group in Nigeria. There was no region or political party that supported the creation of additional regions among the existing regions within the sphere of interest of such political party or region. If there should be different strata of governmental system in Nigeria, it did not have to start and end with Rivers State. If the Rivers people wanted Nigeria to be divided into states instead of regions, it should have be of national conference with the support of regional blessing. 

It is obvious that the period this Rivers State creation crap or delegation was hurriedly organized, there was already a political impasse between Gowon and Ojukwu. It would not surprise me that the delegation was instigated by the agents of Federal Republic of Nigerian who were in abundance among the people of Ijo. Even a drooling fool will figure out who was blowing the piper for such delegation for the creation of Rivers State.

Check the date of the memorandum on the case of creation of Rivers State, it will clearly show you that the where about of CIC is not even known and the body of Ironis has not being recovered.

Please Ndigbo need to really wake up because enemies are abound. There are many Igbo peeps who still behave like Ironsi.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 12:54am On Aug 10, 2009
@Ibime
You tried, but you've certainly come short of the question.
The question is not whether Igbos wanted Ijaws to seperate into a different state, the question is whether anybody in eastern Nigeria had the constitutional power to creat another state out of the region.
Please don't confuse yourself with Gowon's strategic political moves to fight Biafra.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by akigbemaru: 5:02am On Aug 10, 2009
naijaking1:

@Ibime
You tried, but you've certainly come short of the question.
The question is not whether Igbos wanted Ijaws to seperate into a different state, the question is whether anybody in eastern Nigeria had the constitutional power to creat another state out of the region.
Please don't confuse yourself with Gowon's strategic political moves to fight Biafra.
@Naijaking1 or Biafran-king1

Your chicken has come home to roast, not quite long you and Dede1 were boasting that Igbo people are the reason why more regions were created out of Northern and Western regions.
Just like how OBJ put Yar' A dull in government, would he have the power to control him anymore? Definitely no! Leave these people alone for God sake!!!
Mind you Awolowo created the Mid-western region, not you Igbos. This is our western territory and you could feel our impacts of Benin, Delta and Bayelsa.
You should try to solve Igbo problems first and as you know Benin will never fall under Biafra and has more advantage on Ijawland than Igbos from Far East.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 6:43am On Aug 10, 2009
Who's this?
Another Yoruba man who has come to hunt with the fox and run with the antelope
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by SapeleGuy: 9:36am On Aug 10, 2009
Predictably, we have drifted or should I say been steered to Biafra. You have debated well (without too many insults).

What is clear is that the riverine people are not beholding to anybody, their autonomy must not be subjugated for administrative convenience.

Igbo and biafra are big enough and resourceful enough to stand up on their own, they don't need ijaw or anybody else to hold their hand.

When you compare Adaka Boro to Ojukwu or Zik. Boro is the clear winner in terms of idealism, integrity, courage or fulfillment of purpose.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Dede1(m): 4:59pm On Aug 10, 2009
It will amount to latent degree of idiocy and beer parlor political exercise to insinuate the idea of comparing Ojukwu or Zik with a convicted criminal such as Adaka Boro. What an indelible insult?

The reason why the jungle called Nigeria is a total cesspit tends to point to these groups of people who have unclean and criminal mindset roaming freely in the colonial contraption called Nigeria.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 5:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Predictably, we have drifted or should I say been steered to Biafra. You have debated well (without too many insults).

What is clear is that the riverine people are not beholding to anybody, their autonomy must not be subjugated for administrative convenience.

Igbo and biafra are big enough and resourceful enough to stand up on their own, they don't need ijaw or anybody else to hold their hand.

When you compare Adaka Boro to Ojukwu or Zik. Boro is the clear winner in terms of idealism, integrity, courage or fulfillment of purpose.

Who is doubting that Adaka Boro is popular with misinformed Ijaw people?
Nobody.

In a real and progressive society, people would question and critic Boro before idolizing him, but that's not Nigeria for you:
In Nigeria, the corrupt civil servants gets promoted, while the honest and hard working get frustrated out.
In Nigeria, the informed and honest politician can't even win his in own family, while fraudulent money bags rule the day.
In Nigeria, falsehood triumphs over honesty; patriotic hard working and honest Ijaw men are forgotten, while common criminals like Adaka Boro are eulogized as heros.
Only in Nigeria embarassed
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by SapeleGuy: 7:22pm On Aug 10, 2009
You have illustrated my point perfectly.

naijaking1:

Who is doubting that Adaka Boro is popular with misinformed Ijaw people?
Nobody.
I am not misinformed and neither am I Ijaw.

naijaking1:

In a real and progressive society, people would question and critic Boro before idolizing him, but that's not Nigeria for you:
I agree please apply the same yardstick to Ojukwu and Zik and see how they come out. Better still show us where you have done this for Ojukwu.

naijaking1:

In Nigeria, the corrupt civil servants gets promoted, while the honest and hard working get frustrated out.
Please explain how this applies to Boro, in truth this seems to apply more to Ojukwu and Zik as they were heads of government in the some form or other.

Permit me to coin your phrase:
In Nigeria, falsehood triumphs over honesty; patriotic hard working and honest biafra soldiers are forgotten and continue to live in abject  misery to this day, while their runaway leader is eulogized as a hero.

Thankfully, you and your ilk are a desperate and tiny minority (although inflated on NL) in the igbo nation. The majority view life and people as they really are, as people  'capable of life changing kindness and unspeakable inhumanity'.

What ever you claim Boro has done Ojukwu is equally guilty of the same offence.

Please stop the politics of hatred and tribalism.

Peace
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2009
Funny, how you're trying to make this an Ojukwu issue. Start a thread about Ojukwu's heroism, and see how honest folks will be, meanwhile, Adaka Boro passes no single yard stick of heroism. If he had not been publicly promoted by Gowon's publicity machinery, even Ijaw people wouldn't have cared about him.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Ibime(m): 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2009
naijaking1:

In Nigeria, the informed and honest politician can't even win his in own family, while fraudulent money bags rule the day.
In Nigeria, falsehood triumphs over honesty; patriotic hard working and honest Ijaw men are forgotten, while common criminals like Adaka Boro are eulogized as heros.
Only in Nigeria embarassed

Boro lived and died a poor man so I dont know what kind of twisted logic you are applying here.

Dede1:

(1.) There was no region or political party that supported the creation of additional regions among the existing regions within the sphere of interest of such political party or region.

(2.) If there should be different strata of governmental system in Nigeria, it did not have to start and end with Rivers State. If the Rivers people wanted Nigeria to be divided into states instead of regions, it should have be of national conference with the support of regional blessing.  

(1.) This brings an end to our debate. . . .complicity of the West and North does not absolve Ndigbo. . . . I have always maintained that politics in Nigeria is a Wa-Zo-Bia chess game and the rest of us are pawns in it. . . I am glad that you admitted that autonomy for Ijaws was not in Eastern Region interest (Read: Igbo). In other words, Ijaws were beholden to Igbo interest. Hence our definition of the former Eastern Region as a colonial contraption.

(2.) Referring to the bolded content, Ndigbo had never given blessing for Ijaw and minority autonomy. And yes, NCNC (Read: Ndigbo) had de jure power to devolve power down to the Ijaw by simply acquiescing to demands at the Constitutional Conference. NaijaKing asked the question, and the answer is yes.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by ono(m): 8:18pm On Aug 10, 2009
Guys, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your discussions on this matter. JomoGbomo2 aptly captured my thoughts after reading through some interesting 10 pages of history and discourse. We need to move on.

Those of us from the Delta areas must move on from where Isaac Boro left the struggle - in a constructive, dogged and fearless manner - especially in the face of tyranny, oppression, hatred for us and everything that is ''US'' We must emulate Isaac Boro - a man who fought for what he believed in at a very tender age and bring the much needed peace and dignity the average Niger Delta person deserves.

I must thank Ibime, na_so, SapeleGuy, Dede1, Batubo and my friend Naijaking1 for a very exciting read.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 9:24pm On Aug 10, 2009
ono:

Guys, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your discussions on this matter. JomoGbomo2 aptly captured my thoughts after reading through some interesting 10 pages of history and discourse. We need to move on.

Those of us from the Delta areas must move on from where Isaac Boro left the struggle - in a constructive, dogged and fearless manner - especially in the face of tyranny, oppression, hatred for us and everything that is ''US'' We must emulate Isaac Boro - a man who fought for what he believed in at a very tender age and bring the much needed peace and dignity the average Niger Delta person deserves.

I must thank Ibime, na_so, SapeleGuy, Dede1, Batubo and my friend Naijaking1 for a very exciting read.

Thought you'll never show up smiley
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Beaf: 11:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
akigbemaru:

@Naijaking1 or Biafran-king1

Your chicken has come home to roast, not quite long you and Dede1 were boasting that Igbo people are the reason why more regions were created out of Northern and Western regions.
Just like how OBJ put Yar' A dull in government, would he have the power to control him anymore? Definitely no! Leave these people alone for God sake!!!
Mind you Awolowo created the Mid-western region, not you Igbos. This is our western territory and you could feel our impacts of Benin, Delta and Bayelsa.
You should try to solve Igbo problems first and as you know Benin will never fall under Biafra and has more advantage on Ijawland than Igbos from Far East.

I really hate it when goons from majority ethnic groups think they somehow own the minorities. It is the closest you can get to outright racism. . . "our western territory" indeed.
We really don't care about your "western territory" and want no part of it (you can shove it up your anal orifice).
We have our own "ND territory", thank you.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Onlytruth(m): 1:02am On Aug 11, 2009
I really think that Ijaw have usurped the term "Niger delta" as if it is the same as Ijawland. They are not! Unfortunately for Ijaws, two of Nigeria's major tribes (Igbo and Yoruba) make substantial inroads into the Niger delta (read oil assets). In fact is it funny how some folks here talk of the delta as if only Ijaws live there! I really would like the Ijaws to realize that the "Niger delta republic" Adaka Boro was fighting for really only envisaged Ijawland. The Ijaw need to make peace with their neigbors first, some of their arch enemies are close neighbors like the Itsekiri for instance (in the same Niger Delta). I also want the Ijaws to realize that the Igbo don't need them (or their oil ) to survive. In fact the Ijaw owe the Igbo far more than the Igbo owe Ijaw. [/b]The Ijaw already betrayed the Igbo once and that led to massive Igbo deaths and lost properties. All the Igbo need to do to render Ijaw irrelevant to Igbo strategic goals is to delete the current Biafran map or even toss the entire Biafran idea completely. Biafra (a concept designed by the defunct Eastern Nigerian government including the Ijaw and other minorities of the East) is not a do or die for the Igbo. In such a scenario, the Ijaw becomes useless to Igbo needs and that makes a lot of things possible. Things that other majority tribes would like to see happen in the Niger Delta (neutralizing MEND for instance). Like I understood from an earlier thread I started, where Igboland stops and Ijawland begins is debatable. But, I'm sure we can work that out (when Igbos readjust their strategic interests)! [b]The Eastern region was not a contraption. The British are not as careless as Nigerians. They had perfectly rational reasons for everything they did in Nigeria. It is good that we are deciphering some of those reasons now. It will help us design a nation or nations that work. This thread has been more useful to the Igbo than the Ijaw.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Beaf: 1:47am On Aug 11, 2009
@Onlytruth.
Where you not the one advocating that Igbo's should join the North and SW to loot the ND?

PS I am not Ijaw. But Ijaw are by far the majority group in the ND and they trouble no one.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Onlytruth(m): 7:18am On Aug 11, 2009
Beaf:

@Onlytruth.
Where you not the one advocating that Igbo's should join the North and SW to loot the ND?

And what is wrong with that, since Ijaw seem to see no difference between the Igbo and other major tribes in Nigeria? Some Ijaws still can't see what is morally wrong with decamping from a collective decision reached by the EAST (including Ijaws) to renegotiate Nigeria for fairness at Aburi or to declare Biafra. They have forgotten that even if Igbos had designs on the delta oil, they didn't have to fight and die to defend it against all odds and in the process lose millions of lives. What stopped Ojukwu from handing the oil over to the Nigerians or whoever was interested as part of a strategy to ease pressure on Igboland? Instead some Ijaws happily led the same forces they are figthing today into Biafra and Igboland (some of which was  led by their hero Adaka boro). While our own hero Ojukwu was fighting to defend the whole East(including Ijawland), the Ijaws were busy conniving to destroy Igboland and to drive Igbos out of the deltas. Suddenly Biafra became an "Igbo thing".  When Igbos decide to toss the Biafran idea (which I suspect they may already be thinking about), we shall see how else the Ijaw can manipulate Igbo interests.
Like I said, Ndigbo don't need the oil in Ijawlands  or any other thing in Ijawlands (there is enough in Igboland).
I can already predict how all these will end.

PS I am not Ijaw. But Ijaw are by far the majority group in the ND and they trouble no one.

I am not interested. I am Igbo and I know Ijaw is not more than the Igbo. Try convincing the Itsekiri and other minority tribes in the delta.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Beaf: 7:58am On Aug 11, 2009
Funny guy.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 8:24am On Aug 11, 2009
@Beaf,
Ijaws may not be termed as the majority group in the ND, but there aint no dispute as they are the once who bear the brunt force of the Oil exploitation of the ND,,I agree with Only truth when he says the current Biafran Map should be scrapped god on you, since the ND dont wanna be part I dont know why they keep including them, adding ND to Biafra at thier own interest lol na wah oh, if the ND is or are such a bunch of trouble, I'm sure we can write them off the Nigerian MAP too, I no fit shout ohhh
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 9:25am On Aug 11, 2009
@dede1

I asked :

Please as the "historian" of the house kindly explain the makeup (demograhic and geographic) of the Niger delta as designed by the british and explain how the Ijaws were not major players?

and your response is:

For a starter, the delta created by the Rivers Benue, Niger, Imo, Anambra, Urashi and Utamiri popularly referred as Niger Delta covers the area with rough estimate of 23,000 square miles.

Am I correct?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naso2(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2009
Onlytruth:

But, I'm sure we can work that out (when Igbos readjust their strategic interests)!

I think you are by far wiser than ojukwu.

Onlytruth:

The Eastern region was not a contraption. The British are not as careless as Nigerians. They had perfectly rational reasons for everything they did in Nigeria.

Really, ? So Nigeria was a contraption save the eastern region? The british did everything to amalgamate the north and south for business, later the south was broken into east and west to place the north in a vantage position  numerically and politically. But in the case of the eastern region it was british wisdom abi?

Ol boy a little more honesty will be labour saving you know?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Onlytruth(m): 4:10pm On Aug 11, 2009
na_so:

I think you are by far wiser than ojukwu.

Really, ? So Nigeria was a contraption save the eastern region? The british did everything to amalgamate the north and south for business, later the south was broken into east and west to place the north in a vantage position  numerically and politically. But in the case of the eastern region it was british wisdom abi?

Ol boy a little more honesty will be labour saving you know?

I never used the word "British wisdom" though it may mean the same thing. The British were perfectly rational people who knew exactly what they wanted and how to get it. Mind you they were not interested in welfare. They were businessmen who wanted to create as much harmony as possible within regions so as to create peaceful atmosphere for business to thrive! So, those regions were by far more rational and viable than some of the so called states we have today in Nigeria.  I have often maintained that the only flaw in Igbo philosophy in Nigeria is that the Igbo are applying the (egbe bere ugo bere) ie live and let live philosophy to Nigeria. They are forgeting that these philosophies should only be used with people who understand them. It other words, they should be used only in Igboland. Why practice a philosophy that others will not understand or even abuse? That is how we have paid with blood to defend people who will sell us as cheap as anything worthless. Thank God that young Igbos are going to school a lot these days. The Igbo are fast learners and I know they are learning a lot here.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Onlytruth(m): 4:17pm On Aug 11, 2009
erico2k2:

@Beaf,
Ijaws may not be termed as the majority group in the ND, but there aint no dispute as they are the once who bear the brunt force of the Oil exploitation of the ND,,I agree with Only truth when he says the current Biafran Map should be scrapped god on you, since the ND dont wanna be part I dont know why they keep including them, adding ND to Biafra at thier own interest lol na wah oh, if the ND is or are such a bunch of trouble, I'm sure we can write them off the Nigerian MAP too, I no fit shout ohhh

Did you mean "wipe them off the Nigerian map"? There are those who are already warming up for that. No hurry my friend!
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by Beaf: 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2009
Onlytruth:

Did you mean "wipe them off the Nigerian map"? There are those who are already warming up for that. No hurry my friend!

Don't waste your sweat. As is obvious, ND guys are already heated up enough to stop your deluded 4th Reich right dead before it is born. grin
In the meantime, you can crank up swastika sales, nothing will stop us from gaining.
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by naijaking1: 5:22pm On Aug 11, 2009
Beaf:

Don't waste your sweat. As is obvious, ND guys are already heated up enough to stop your deluded 4th Reich right dead before it is born. grin
In the meantime, you can crank up swastika sales, nothing will stop us from[b] gaining[/b].

Gaining? Did you mean to say surviving?
Re: Isaac Adaka Boro And Niger Delta Militancy by erico2k2(m): 6:18pm On Aug 11, 2009
@ Onlytruth
Im from the ND, should that answer your question?,Imonly saying that mayB they should just allow us to Be Niger Delt Republic and beside, we are already warmed up, you know most of them Ships that bet up in the High see to buy Oil don't only pay back with Dollars,some pay sometimes in a way we call trade by BATA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Northern Leaders Conspired To Sabotage Jonathan – Umeh / Ajimobi Congratulates PDP's Balogun On His Victory / How Adesina Won Africa's Top Job At Afdb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.