Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,376 members, 7,861,034 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:41 PM

Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… (3327 Views)

Nigeria Plans $1 Billion Processing Zone To Boost Exports / Nigeria Signs Agreement With Russia To Build Nuclear Power Plant / Femi Fani-Kayode Rearrested By EFCC (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 10:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
From clueless to dullness

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 10:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
EastanPower:

Nuclear power plants are ok but they should be located in the SW & North.

Cc fulanimafia

lol
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by aresa: 10:20pm On Apr 02, 2016
hylyne:

u should be asking urself, how many of the available power plants installed are working... If they are not working, what can be done to commission them, so that they can contribute to 0Mw ur president is giving.
Then, how can we use technology to protect our gas pipelines, so that our plants can have regular gas supply. If all the installed plants in Nigeria are working, we could have relatively stable power atleast for industrial purpose.

You have not been able to fix all these, which require local expertise as can be sourced locally, ur talking of nuclear Technology. I bet you, if one nuclear plant is installed in Nigeria, with our low level of Technology, cancer would be common. A country that cannot take care of Maria and polio, would now be facing cancer. Ur as dullard as ur leader.

In that meeting, ur baba, would not even understand anything said there.

1. The fact that you have challenges in one area doesn't mean you can not explore other areas to help alleviate or eliminate your challenges

2. Credible, responsible and competent leaders explore all options to solve problems instead of siting and keep going in circles doing the same thing over and over again with the same results.

3. Countries with stable electricity were once doing what we are doing today, but at some point, they arrived at the conclusion that they have to explore other areas to solve their electricity problems.

4. While you are it, show us 1 single country where they have stable electricity without Nuclear power plants. Even SA with stable electricity and over 50,000MW have nuclear power plants.

And per the highlighted, that's a reflection of your own ignorance...
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Was the basis of the discussion based on maintenance of nuclear plants or that the government shouldnt embark on nuclear energy because some projects are should be attended to first

a good journey starts with a step,all we need are good hands to handle this projects if you are complaining about our mismanagement,then the country shouldnt engage in any projects at all since we know we are so poor at taking care of things

countries like japan and russia that has onhand experts,did that stop nuclear reactor from imploding on it self

pls do not insult my knowledge of chemistry it is very profound

Japan was caused by Natural disaster
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by aresa: 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
ibietela2:
From clueless to dullness

The fact that developed, advanced Russia with already stable electricity decided not to attend means we should not attend to look out for our own interests?

Are you getting free power and stable electricity from russia abi russia is dashing you money.

You people come up with the most shallow and unintelligent rubbish ever..
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2016
I knew that i just decide to use a phrase that would suffice for the instances mentioned
thanks anyways
ibietela2:

Japan was caused by Natural disaster
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by fulanimafia: 10:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
Fedayeen:
Must you rant always without taking time to understand our immediate needs and short and long term solutions.

Is Nuclear energy a priority in this age when A lot of countries are looking for Solar and wind energy.

A Nuclear plant is not achievable now because of the insecurity on ground.

Nuclear plants are capital intensive and its maintenance is also same.

Why should you spend 10billion plant building a nuclear plant aside maintenance whereas you can use it to do solar plant and generate clean energy

What you should have realized, if you had any capacity for critical thought, is that the summit allows for several consultations, engagements and agreements which would include knowledge and technology transfer, for the initial phase of any nuclear project planned.

Nobody said we were building a nuclear plant immediately, not in these circumstances.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
fulanimafia:

What you should have realized, if you had any capacity for critical thought, is that the summit allows for several consultations, engagements and agreements which would include knowledge and technology transfer, for the initial phase of any nuclear project planned.

Nobody said we were building a nuclear plant immediately, not in these circumstances.
If your thought process was sound all those things you mentioned are for what if not building a nuclear plant.

I laugh you again in Chernobyl
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 11:03pm On Apr 02, 2016
aresa:

The fact that developed, advanced Russia with already stable electricity decided not to attend means we should not attend to look out for our own interests?

Are you getting free power and stable electricity from russia abi russia is dashing you money.

You people come up with the most shallow and unintelligent rubbish ever..

You that you are intelligent, what was the MAIN purpose of the summit? Was it about electricity generation with nuclear power?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 11:04pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
I knew that i just decide to use a phrase that would suffice for the instances mentioned
thanks anyways

Ok, they are still suffering for it. There's one that happened in Ukraine too still being clean up
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by mikolo80: 11:06pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Common sense should prevail on pdp and its members

how many dams do you want them to build

how many gas turbines do want installed

how often do we hear of drought,inadequate rainfall

how often do we hear of militant breaking pipelines

nuclear power may have its disadvantages but it is sustainable compared to the other alternatives

lets just pray healthy hands are employed to maintain it,if its finally actualized

it will be maintained or the engineer's will be first to go.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 11:08pm On Apr 02, 2016
See this list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_Nigeria close to 50% are not functioning properly. Most of them are below 1000MW now check SA https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_South_Africa
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ok bro what do you suggest we do to give us almost constant electricity
ibietela2:

Ok, they are still suffering for it. There's one that happened in Ukraine too still being clean up
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 02, 2016
Funny guy
mikolo80:
it will be maintained or the engineer's will be first to go.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 11:12pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Ok bro what do you suggest we do to give us almost constant electricity

Fashola said it's not rocket science so ask him.

=============

Well in my opinion, if you check the list of power stations in Nigeria you will notice some are not working.... Get those fixed, upgrade the ones that needs upgrade and build higher capacity power stations (presently Ethiopia ia building one 6kMW unless i didn't hear it well). Check the SA list https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_power_stations_in_South_Africa about 80% functional most of them above 1k.

What is 6MW going to achieve?
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by mikolo80: 11:15pm On Apr 02, 2016
EastanPower:

Nuclear power plants are ok but they should be located in the SW & North.

Cc fulanimafia
don't complain that there is no light in aba and nnewi o
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by mikolo80: 11:17pm On Apr 02, 2016
hylyne:

What structures and expertise do u have on ground to run on Nuclear power. Or do u think Nuclear power plants are "I pass my neighbor generator? '...

U never do WRESTLING wey be PLAY, na FIGHT wey be DIE, u want embark on?

Fulani herdsmam, always backward technologically...
yes, there are 'I pass my neighbour ' nuclear plants. more like nuclear batteries. you put them in the ground and they generate for 20 years or so and then you dispose. about as large as a deep freezer. needs no maintenance
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
I think you are in a better position since you made it your job to criticize any decision made by the government to alleviate the worsen condition

btw guy stop being rude if youve nothing to say
ibietela2:

Fashola said it's not rocket science so ask him
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by hylyne(m): 11:25pm On Apr 02, 2016
aresa:

1. The fact that you have challenges in one area doesn't mean you can not explore other areas to help alleviate or eliminate your challenges

2. Credible, responsible and competent leaders explore all options to solve problems instead of siting and keep going in circles doing the same thing over and over again with the same results.

3. Countries with stable electricity were once doing what we are doing today, but at some point, they arrived at the conclusion that they have to explore other areas to solve their electricity problems.

4. While you are it, show us 1 single country where they have stable electricity without Nuclear power plants. Even SA with stable electricity and over 50,000MW have nuclear power plants.

1..For the fact the you can not manage, the lowest cadre of power generation, is a simple indication that you shouldn't dare into radioactive process.

2...Credible responsible and competent leaders, don't explore all options, rather they weigh options and choose the most economical based on available resources.

3.kindly,analyse the gap between naija and those countries bfr comparing. It actually waste of effort comparing a yr one sociology student with a final yr engineering student.... Quote me, we are not there yet.

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by hylyne(m): 11:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
[quote author=aresa post=44352991]

[/quote

1..For the fact the you can not manage, the lowest cadre of power generation, is a simple indication that you shouldn't dare into radioactive process.

2...Credible responsible and competent leaders, don't explore all options, rather they weigh options and choose the most economical based on available resources.

3.kindly,analyse the gap between naija and those countries bfr comparing. It actually waste of effort comparing a yr one sociology student with a final yr engineering student.... Quote me, we are not there yet.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Eze2000(m): 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
aresa:

Countries that pionered nuclear energy were able to build and introduce nuclear energy and many other advancements because they did not deny or self defeat themselves with your form of self defeating and lazy mentality.

No wonder your uncles spent 16 years in office and looted and shared $20 billion power money in return for the darkness we are still experiencing...

Smh..

How old are u exactly and how old do u think I'm that u should insultive words to me.
My uncle? Pray tell, what tribe am I from? My laziness? I laugh at your ignorance. You barely know someone and yet u talk like this? Amazing!
if you feel Nigerian engineers won't find ways to mess things up even with the highest safety precaution computers can be programmed to induce I can only applaud your patriotic zeal but refuse to exchange words with someone who knows not how to talk civilly.
Every child, even grown ups love a good toy or a new machine but they do not necessarily know how to maintain its health.
The Nigerian Airways and other projects failed for a common reason and none of mine was nowhere nearby. Nitel failed for d same reason, NEPA and NNPC with all its refiniaries are failing even now for that reason.

The nature of the uranium isotopes, plutonium or even the, heavy fuels that are by-products of d nuclear reactions of generating power, oh man. let's just forget those, too deadly. Let's just consider the tons of water required to cool the reactor and maintain its temperature. if even a small cup of that radioactive water finds its way into underground water source people will be catching cancer for a hundred miles around!!
Don't u understand??
u can study nuclear engineering even here in Nigeria, get weapon grade uranium in Bauchi state but that nuclear plant, after bringing in Russia and Japan to build it for 100 billion dollars, because the wise USA will never agree to it, will go d way of all Nigerian projects.
What way do u think that is? Chew on that and be wise.
You have a nice night

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
I think you are in a better position since you made it your job to criticize any decision made by the government to alleviate the worsen condition

btw guy stop being rude if youve nothing to say

The useless summit wasn't about electricity....... Also i didn't say they shouldn't build don't put words in my mouth
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by mikolo80: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Funny guy
who wan die? abi you don forget how even pdp give diasef brain during Ebola
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by aresa: 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2016
ibietela2:

You that you are intelligent, what was the MAIN purpose of the summit? Was it about electricity generation with nuclear power?

Yes and many other issues in the sidelines with other leaders, negotiations and agreements with other leaders and of course primarily Nuclear security.

1. ISIS is said to be looking into dirty bombs and nuclear bombs and we have terrorists and a brand of ISIS in Nigeria so any issue relating to ISIS, terrorists and Nuclear bombs concerns us immensely.

2. Nuclear security means restricting Nuclear energy and it is in our best interest to table our desire for peaceful nuclear energy for power generation and advancement. We have to make sure we are not blocked out.

3.The summit is where policy makers and nuclear power plant lobbies and vendors gather to protect their interests and this is an opportunity for us to negotiate, look for potential builders, experts and consultants to help our nuclear energy needs.

4. Organizers of these global summits typically invite not only world leaders to attend such global gatherings, they invite leaders in every continent hence Nigeria as the main power broker in Africa always 1st on the list to attend and if you must know and for what it's worth, our president is always sitting next to the leader of the free world aka the US president. It's no accident my friend..

5. We have bilateral issues and agreements to negotiate with many countries and leaders so instead of traveling separately to these countries, leaders take advantage of these summits to get together on the sidelines to discuss their bilateral issues.

PMB's bilateral meeting and agreement with Denmark was not part of the summit, but both countries scheduled the meeting to happen in the US on the sidelines of the Nuclear summits.

6. PMB's meeting with the US sec Of State was not part of the summit, but both men met to discuss tons of other issues like locating and returning our billions of stolen dollars.

7. PMB also secured over $600 million investments from the US on the summit sidelines..

We've benefited so much from this single trip for sure..

I know that many Nigerian are very ignorant when it comes to world and diplomatic affairs and even our leaders gather and take advantage of summits to secure deals, investments, protect their interests and so on and the fact that we have reckless and unintelligent clowns like FFK and Fayose whose interests are primarily politics and not your interest spew garbage everyday doesn't help the average ignorant, shallow and unexposed Nigerians like many in this thread...
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 11:37pm On Apr 02, 2016
Bros i no forget o
but naija mata eh the thing tire person,everything just get as e be
mikolo80:
who wan die? abi you don forget how even pdp give diasef brain during Ebola
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
[s]
aresa:

Yes and many other issues in the sidelines with other leaders, negotiations and agreements with other leaders and of course primarily Nuclear security.

1. ISIS is said to be looking into dirty bombs and nuclear bombs and we have terrorists and a brand of ISIS in Nigeria so any issue relating to ISIS, terrorists and Nuclear bombs concerns us immensely.

2. Nuclear security means restricting Nuclear energy and it is in our best interest to table our desire for peaceful nuclear energy for power generation and advancement. We have to make sure we are not blocked out.

3.The summit is where policy makers and nuclear power plant lobbies and vendors gather to protect their interests and this is an opportunity for us to negotiate, look for potential builders, experts and consultants to help our nuclear energy needs.

4. Organizers of these global summits typically invite not only world leaders to attend such global gatherings, they invite leaders in every continent hence Nigeria as the main power broker in Africa always 1st on the list to attend and if you must know and for what it's worth, our president is always sitting next to the leader of the free world aka the US president. It's no accident my friend..

5. We have bilateral issues and agreements to negotiate with many countries and leaders so instead of traveling separately to these countries, leaders take advantage of these summits to get together on the sidelines to discuss their bilateral issues.

PMB's bilateral meeting and agreement with Denmark was not part of the summit, but both countries scheduled the meeting to happen in the US on the sidelines of the Nuclear summits.

6. PMB's meeting with the US sec Of State was not part of the summit, but both men met to discuss tons of other issues like locating and returning our billions of stolen dollars.

7. PMB also secured over $600 million investments from the US on the summit sidelines..

I know that many Nigerian are very ignorant when it comes to world and diplomatic affairs and even our leaders gather and take advantage of summits to secure deals, investments, protect their interests and so on and the fact that we have reckless and unintelligent clowns like FFK and Fayose whose interests are primarily politics and not your interest spew garbage everyday doesn't help the average ignorant, shallow and unexposed Nigerians like many in this thread...
[/s]

We don't want nuclear power stations now, we have more pressing issues that requires his attention. Since he came he has been doing everything himself. Check the power stations list on Wikipedia you will see that half ia not functioning and we have more stations than SA.

The useless summit was about how to keep their price possession safe from the beast they created.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 02, 2016
Yes they do... Aside developed countries, developing countries like SA, Brazil, China, India have a robust nuclear plants. Ever asked why Iran persisted with her nuclear plant? It is the cheapest way to generate electricity
ekeneidiagbor:
its obscene how some people come here to say that we've been trying hdro-electric power and it hasnt worked, why can't we try other methods..

did the developed countries have nuclear power when they were providing 365days of uninterrupted power supply

When will these people receive sense and realise our problem is due to the systemic failure in this country which is laid on the foundations of reigious, ethnic intolerance and corruption.

Only a foolish man will defend foolishness
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by ibietela2(m): 11:43pm On Apr 02, 2016
aresa:

For your Information Buhari only got the interest of 97% as he said, am proudly 5%.

I am yet to see any Nigerian Politician that has my interest
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by aresa: 11:46pm On Apr 02, 2016
[s]
ibietela2:

For your Information Buhari only got the interest of 97% as he said, am proudly 5%.

I am yet to see any Nigerian Politician that has my interest

ibietela2:

We don't want nuclear power stations now, we have more pressing issues that requires his attention. Since he came he has been doing everything himself. Check the power stations list on Wikipedia you will see that half ia not functioning and we have more stations than SA.
The useless summit was about how to keep their price possession safe from the beast they created.
[/s]

Of course, you are very shallow and grossly unintelligent.
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by mikolo80: 11:58pm On Apr 02, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Bros i no forget o
but naija mata eh the thing tire person,everything just get as e be
you and I know that we're not generating any nuclear power. Buhari went there to negotiate votes for support for naija development. but wailers thinking with their asss
Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by tomakint: 12:41am On Apr 03, 2016
Eze2000:

How old are u exactly and how old do u think I'm that u should insultive words to me.
My uncle? Pray tell, what tribe am I from? My laziness? I laugh at your ignorance. You barely know someone and yet u talk like this? Amazing!
if you feel Nigerian engineers won't find ways to mess things up even with the highest safety precaution computers can be programmed to induce I can only applaud your patriotic zeal but refuse to exchange words with someone who knows not how to talk civilly.
Every child even grown ups love a good toy or a new machine but they do not necessarily know how to maintain its health.
The Nigerian Airways and other projects failed for a common reason and none of mine was nowhere nearby. Nittel failed for d same reason, NEPA and NNPC with all its refiniaries are failing even now for that reason.

The nature of the uranium isotopes, plutonium or even the, heavy fuels that are by-products of d nuclear reactions of generating power, oh man let's just forget those, too deadly...... let's just take the tons of water required to cool the reactor and maintain its temperature. if even a small cup of that water finds its way into underground water source people will be catching cancer for a hundred miles around!!
Don't u understand??
u can study nuclear engineering here in Nigeria, get weapon grade uranium in bauchi state but that nuclear plant, after bringing in Russia and Japan to build it for a 00 billion dollars, will go d way of all Nigerian projects.
what way do u think that is? Chew on that and be wise.
You have a nice night
You spoke absolutely my mind.....like someone rightly observed in the eyes of these jesters, Buhari can never go wrong and this is just where the madness in these clowns begin from. Nuclear energy from my last research is the most expensive to build and maintain source of power generation and from my last research, hydrothermal method (the one we are using) is the cheapest to build and maintain yet Nigeria keeps hovering from 2,000mw to 4,000mw to 5,000mw down to 1,980mw......the question is, if Nigeria cannot get it right with common hydrothermal (which India, Pakistan, Indonesia used to power their economies up to optimal results before attempting Nuclear energy) is it with Nuclear that comes with radio active elements like uranium and plutonium that are carcinogenic in nature that Nigeria wants to run with? Indeed these zombies are blind bats intellectually. Thumbs up to you bro for educating that mallam.

1 Like

Re: Femi Fani-kayode Shares His Thoughts On Nigeria’s Plans For Nuclear Power… by Nobody: 12:51am On Apr 03, 2016
If it will improve our generation... All well and good. People will only shout and wail today... Tomorrow they wont even remember again. Nigeria is a very good candidate for nuclear power plant despite all the fear been propagate by some people. We have a fairly stable environment compare to what is obtainable in most countries with a nuclear plant... We hardly have any natural disaster. Negligence? It is the same everywhere, even in the US people are careless but every one knows that issues of nuclear energy is a life matter so every nation prioritize its safety. Our nuclear plants should not only be directly supervised by the president not presidency and every overhead expenditures should be directly handed to people working "inside" the plant not some corrupt go between ministers. if they like make dem chop am. Plant audit should be done as frequent as possible and the plant should be located at a fairly stable region... SE and SW would have been the best in a united Nigeria... Nuclear power could cost as much as 1/10 of what it cost to generate electricity using gas turbine especially considering that we have uranium deposit scatter all over the country...about 6 states

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

June 12 Is The National Cowards Day / Photos: World Oldest Person Discovered In Nigeria? / Open Letter To Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.