Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) (60642 Views)

President Buhari Host Apc Delegation In Nigeria London House. Pics / "Police Is Your Friend"- US Based Nigerian Lady Says After Hitching A Ride. PIC / The Politics Of Biafra And The Future Of Nigeria – London Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 4:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
blackboy:

So we should compare Nigeria to somalia or Benin republic or south Sudan or Liberia? Nigeria needs to step up its game and if you compare yourself with the worst do you know what you get? Yes nothing better. A student that compares himself with the best will still get something good.
We need to have the will to be the best.
Japan n China did n now they are almost if not the best.
You guys are all missing the point. Truth is, we all know what we are capable of achieving - individually and collectively. But are we ready? Do we have the political will to proceed?

Any student can compare himself with Albert Einstein, or Steven Hawking if he likes, but if he's not ready to sit up and apply himself in school, he'll never achieve anything great.

All we do in this country is fight each other. An elected official comes into office. What's the first thing he does? He begins to fight his predecessors, instead of building on the work of those before him, he completely destroys that one's work and begins to build a new one, which he knows fully well he is never going to finish before his tenure ends. The next person after him does exactly the same. At the end we move one step ahead and ten steps backward.

In Nigeria all we see are friends and enemies, not working colleagues. When you bring up any developmental issue for discussion, it is immediately reduced to APC vs PDP, Christian vs Muslim, we vs them. No sense of oneness.

The Fulani herdsmen are running amock in the North (actually now all over Nigeria now that they're in control of Aso Rock), the Easterners are threatening fire & brimstone, the Niger Deltan militants are watching & waiting for their turn, there's chaos everywhere.

The only way to remain sane in all of these, is simply to maintain a neutral stance
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by chigoizie7(m): 5:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
sixtuschimere:
What do you think? Will we ever get to this stage?

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/04/can-this-ever-happen-in-nigeriaphoto.html

OP, tell that man that 82pounds in normal CbN exchange rate in naija is 20k +.

Also tell him that he is even over charged because a fuel tank of 100 litres @ current N150 is is 15k far less than what he pays. + my car fuel tank is not upto 100litres.

Also tell him that 12kg of gas here is 3k, assume I use 36kg per month which is very very impossible as I use less than 12kg for 2months +, it will still be around 9k, far far less than what he is charged.

So, tell that man to shut up.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by doe: 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
doe:
Did a 5 year old write this? Did the fuel price drop overnight? I smell bush.

Bollinger:

Yes. It happens all the time.

The OP post is stupid. And your comment also makes me wonder understand why this country is a mess.

The OP says he used to buy petrol at £82 and then next time filled the tank with £55. Assuming he has a 60 litre thank that will be £1.37 per litre at £82 and 0.92p at £55. That is a drop of 0.45p overnight.

U.K. Fuel prices only drop in pennies. To drop 0.45p will take over a year. So I can only assume the poster was in prison or away on planet Mars.

http://www.petrolprices.com/the-price-of-fuel.html

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by iRepNaija1: 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage and the sad reality is that Nigeria & Britain are not the same. So stop comparing.

It's that type of mentality that demonstrates Nigeria will never progress. Nigerians have so much more power than they realize but aren't angry/fed up enough to instill the change they so desperately want to see. Instead, we have people like you who say that we shouldn't compare as a way of not confronting the crippling truths of the state of our land.

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Tats(m): 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
What actually happens is this.

You have an agreement with British Gas to supply gas for heating & cooking and to supply electricity. You would need to set up a direct debit with them so they can take payment from your bank account. At the first instance, based on how many people are in the house, the type residence i.e house or flat (including number of rooms) and other factors, they estimate a certain amount that you will be paying each month.

Every 3 months, they ask you to read your meter and send them the reading via a special app or online. They calculate how much you owe them or how much they owe you based on the reading you submit. If they owe you, they will refund, if you owe them, they will increase the monthly amount you pay to recoup their payment. From time to time, say every six months, they come to your house to read the meter. If they determine that you have been honest in sending correct meter reading, they reduce frequency of coming to read it. Mine hasn't been read now for up to 3 years. If the price of wholesale gas in the world goes down, they may reduce the amount you pay for gas.

Now for fuel, the fuel price we pay at the pump can go up or down depending on the price of oil in the global market. Here in the Uk, the pump price is made up of over 60% tax hence it is much more expensive than many countries, but at least we know what they use our tax for and they don't corruptly spend it.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Qualer: 6:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
barbiesparkz2:

It's not gas for cooking but for heating the house at low temperatures.

errr... it's actually for both, mainly for cooking though cos most houses in the UK use electric heaters!
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2016
Henycymama:

Well, I have the believe this country will be Great!! Its just start from You and I
Before any change can occur, we should be expecting so many effects
If you want change, get rid of all the current leaders and their Godfathers.
Then my friend, that's when you'll see the change you seek..
But till then, stop believing in false hope.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Memejem: 1:51am On Apr 04, 2016
Thank you!

blackboy:

So we should compare Nigeria to somalia or Benin republic or south Sudan or Liberia? Nigeria needs to step up its game and if you compare yourself with the worst do you know what you get? Yes nothing better. A student that compares himself with the best will still get something good.
We need to have the will to be the best.
Japan n China did n now they are almost if not the best.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by charlsecy(m): 8:35am On Apr 04, 2016
apatuku:
you are lier!
Krismart:
Which country this 1 come from? How do u know when u are overcharged when majority of d masses don't have prepaid meters but pay whatever bill PHCN decides to give them?
They give estimated bills if they are yet to come for physical reading of the manual metres. However, if during physical reading, it's discovered you have been overcharged in the estimated bills, they might give you credit, and you wouldn't have to pay in subsequent month(s) subject to when the credit is exhausted.

Note: This doesn't mean that the power company doesn't give spurious and exorbitant bills to a number of unhappy users.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blueAgent(m): 7:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
This Nigeria is epic. country that cannot manage their gas resources and provide power
cannot even produce toothpick dey talk of Nuclear energy. Lol......

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Alani86: 10:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
MrProducer:
This is Nigeria.This is Africa. We are black people.
Just understand this fact...
That thing is never going to happen here, whether it's 2050 o, 2100. Never ever.
And y'all waiting for Nigeria to develop, keep waiting.
Population of 180m and largest economy in Africa.
It will never ever happen.
We'll only manage but we'll never get there.
The bitter truth.

Ps. Don't quote me.

You spoke putting your brain on hold. Who are you to say "It will never ever happen"? And what senseless, baseless and contradicting point did you give; "Population of 180m and largest economy in Africa"? What's the population of China?

What has being black got to do with doing what's right and being honest? Is your own brain black while theirs is white? Is your mind black while theirs is white? Stop being stupid! This as nothing to do with color/creed/race! It's about refusing to sell our birthrights when the opportunity shows itself; refuse to be an Esau, who reduced himself all because of porridge!
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 12:56am On Apr 05, 2016
Alani86:

You spoke putting your brain on hold. Who are you to say "It will never ever happen"? And what senseless, baseless and contradicting point did you give; "Population of 180m and largest economy in Africa"? What's the population of China?

What has being black got to do with doing what's right and being honest? Is your own brain black while theirs is white? Is your mind black while theirs is white? Stop being stupid! This as nothing to do with color/creed/race! It's about refusing to sell our birthrights when the opportunity shows itself; refuse to be an Esau, who reduced himself all because of porridge!

You quoted me putting your brain on hold.
Didn't you see the part where I said nobody should quote me?
Look my friend, I'm entitled to my opinion.
At least you made reference to Esau. That's good.
You too know what we are really suffering from.
False hope and unwillingness to work together as one..
Bonne nuit
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by barbiesparkz2(f): 7:09am On Apr 05, 2016
Qualer:

errr... it's actually for both, mainly for cooking though cos most houses in the UK use electric heaters!

Ok.
Its been a while I lived there.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blueAgent(m): 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2016
birmingham04:
. My brother why saying Nigeria and Britain cannot be comparable? Is it because Britain colonized Nigeria or what? Do yo knew that this naija first practised free education,free health and having television station more than many countries in wester world, Late pa Obafemi Awolowo did these when he was premier of western region. During the free education and free health program Obafemi Awolowo was sued to court in Switzerland because they don't want him to practice it but he won the case,this is what we called a great leader with a great vision. If to say we have good leaders Britain suppose not to dey do yangan for us. What do they have when we talk of minerals resources nothing they only depend from taxes from citizen and stolen resources from Africa. British colonized USA but can they compet with America? Our bastard leaders failed us that is what that guy meant. Naija is a failed nation.

Lie
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blueAgent(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
ABSOL10:

Exactly, and as a matter of fact, comparing Nigeria or any African country to Britain or any European Country is what I don't know how to compare with.
Europeans realistically took us in slavery to develop themselves for good 450 years, and started Technical slavery from 1815 up till 1914, almost 100 years, and later started academic and indirect slavery called colonialism and you are over there comparing.....mtchewwww
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blueAgent(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2016
ABSOL10:

Exactly, and as a matter of fact, comparing Nigeria or any African country to Britain or any European Country is what I don't know how to compare with.
Europeans realistically took us in slavery to develop themselves for good 450 years, and started Technical slavery from 1815 up till 1914, almost 100 years, and later started academic and indirect slavery called colonialism and you are over there comparing.....mtchewwww

Are U not ashamed to type this . 56yrs after Independence you still blame Your ex -colonial masters for Nigerians failure.

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blueAgent(m): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2016
Alani86:

Lol..... U are far from Reality . wakeup!
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by ABSOL10: 5:28pm On Apr 28, 2016
blueAgent:

Are U not ashamed to type this . 56yrs after Independence you still blame Your ex -colonial masters for Nigerians failure.

Not blaming anyone just saying the fact
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blueAgent(m): 8:42pm On Apr 28, 2016
ABSOL10:

Not blaming anyone just saying the fact

Which facts? That are own politicians steal billions of dollars why people are suffering.
Did the West stop us from producing toothpick,refinning our oil, or building our infastructure?

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by ABSOL10: 11:31pm On Apr 28, 2016
blueAgent:

Which facts? That are own politicians steal billions of dollars why people are suffering.
Did the West stop us from producing toothpick,refinning our oil, or building our infastructure?

do u actually understand what was written?.....stop taking from annoyance I understand
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blueAgent(m): 10:02am On Apr 29, 2016
ABSOL10:

do u actually understand what was written?.....stop taking from annoyance I understand

Quoting Ur intial post about Slavery.

Slavery didn't originate with 'whites' nor did
it end after it was outlawed in 'white'
countries. For example, Muslims began
buying and selling large numbers of African
slaves 600 years before Europeans did and
continued to do so until at least 100 years
after. The prevalence of 'white' slavery is
also rarely if ever discussed. Between one
and one and a half million white European
sailors and residents of coastal villages were
enslaved by the (Islamic) Barbary pirates.
This included many from Britain itself,
particularly in Devon and Cornwall. These
and other aspects of slavery are rarely, if
ever, discussed or debated because it
doesn't fit the anti-white agenda. Neither
does the fact that it was black (African)
tribal leaders who, during military conquests
of other tribes or states, captured and
enslaved their fellow black Africans then sold
them in the slave markets to the highest
bidder. With slavery being such a lucrative
business wars were often launched with the
sole purpose of enslavement in mind.
Another source came from within the
enslaving societies themselves. Just as Britain
disposed of it's convicts, heretics, debtors
and ne'er do wells by sending them to the
colonies so did the African tribal leaders by
selling them as slaves.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by ABSOL10: 7:47pm On Apr 29, 2016
blueAgent:

Quoting Ur intial post about Slavery.

Slavery didn't originate with 'whites' nor did
it end after it was outlawed in 'white'
countries. For example, Muslims began
buying and selling large numbers of African
slaves 600 years before Europeans did and
continued to do so until at least 100 years
after. The prevalence of 'white' slavery is
also rarely if ever discussed. Between one
and one and a half million white European
sailors and residents of coastal villages were
enslaved by the (Islamic) Barbary pirates.
This included many from Britain itself,
particularly in Devon and Cornwall. These
and other aspects of slavery are rarely, if
ever, discussed or debated because it
doesn't fit the anti-white agenda. Neither
does the fact that it was black (African)
tribal leaders who, during military conquests
of other tribes or states, captured and
enslaved their fellow black Africans then sold
them in the slave markets to the highest
bidder. With slavery being such a lucrative
business wars were often launched with the
sole purpose of enslavement in mind.
Another source came from within the
enslaving societies themselves. Just as Britain
disposed of it's convicts, heretics, debtors
and ne'er do wells by sending them to the
colonies so did the African tribal leaders by
selling them as slaves.

baba I don hear u o....if we should keep going into history many things will be unfolded but u will either directly or indirectly agree with me that "slavery" is one of d factors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aregbesola Set To Commission Ejigbo High School (Pictures) / Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari's Story On CNN / Osinbajo Vs Peter Obi On A Vice Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.