Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,724 members, 7,820,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) (60637 Views)

President Buhari Host Apc Delegation In Nigeria London House. Pics / "Police Is Your Friend"- US Based Nigerian Lady Says After Hitching A Ride. PIC / The Politics Of Biafra And The Future Of Nigeria – London Book Launch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Henycymama(f): 7:52am On Apr 03, 2016
MrProducer:
This is Nigeria.This is Africa. We are black people.
Just understand this fact...
That thing is never going to happen here, whether it's 2050 o, 2100. Never ever.
And y'all waiting for Nigeria to develop, keep waiting.
Population of 180m and largest economy in Africa.
It will never ever happen.
We'll only manage but we'll never get there.
The bitter truth.

Ps. Don't quote me.

Like seriously??, have you foreseen the future?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by makizee(m): 8:31am On Apr 03, 2016
The one about over paying IE bill does happen and at least, we have had reduction in petrol prices in the past so...
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Electroweb(m): 8:37am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage and the sad reality is that Nigeria & Britain are not the same. So stop comparing.

I guess you are right. We should compare ourself with Somalia, South Sudan, Pakistan.

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by kingsolo215(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2016
IT'S VERY SIMPLE THE PRESIDENT IS CONFUSED AND HE DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ,IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH saboteur, saboteur HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE BEFORE 1999 , THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE , WHEN A FARMER DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO HIS JOB HE BLAME HIS TOOLS
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by birmingham04: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage and the sad reality is that Nigeria & Britain are not the same. So stop comparing.
. My brother why saying Nigeria and Britain cannot be comparable? Is it because Britain colonized Nigeria or what? Do yo knew that this naija first practised free education,free health and having television station more than many countries in wester world, Late pa Obafemi Awolowo did these when he was premier of western region. During the free education and free health program Obafemi Awolowo was sued to court in Switzerland because they don't want him to practice it but he won the case,this is what we called a great leader with a great vision. If to say we have good leaders Britain suppose not to dey do yangan for us. What do they have when we talk of minerals resources nothing they only depend from taxes from citizen and stolen resources from Africa. British colonized USA but can they compet with America? Our bastard leaders failed us that is what that guy meant. Naija is a failed nation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by otiigba1(m): 9:26am On Apr 03, 2016
This will never never never ever ever ever ever ever ever happen in nigeria for those of you who thinks or believes it will happen well it comfortable to dream and hope, but at some point you will wake up and things will still be the same or even worst so be honest to your selves for the sake of your children future it will never happen even buhari himself knows it that's why he send his children to school Abroad. I repeat it will never ever ever ever ever happen in nigeria.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 9:48am On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

But op for naija fuel and gas no cost reach like that. With 3,000 naira gas for my 12kg cylinder I dey rock am for one month plus
They don't carry cylinders around town every time like we do in nigeria. The gas is delivered directly to their homes via pipelines. So pls add logistics costs.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by charlsecy(m): 9:49am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage
sixtuschimere:
Will we ever get to this stage?
otiigba1:
This will never never never ever ever ever ever ever ever happen in nigeria...
sidneyj:
it used to happen but that's in the dream
toseman:
It can happen in Nigeria but it might not...
Krismart:
On radios, and papers...
omanzo02:
I doubt if that exist in nigeria.
thesicilian:
Nigeria may never get to that stage...
NoApology:
sadly i don't see that ever happening...

I doubt you are in Nigeria. There are credit power bills in Nigeria. This happens when it's realised you have been overcharged in estimates.

One thing is, we are too quick to make a response before properly understaning the situation. It is happening now in reality, and has been happening. Have you not heard people saying they're on credit? When PHCN discovers a user has been overcharged, the credit balance is forwarded to them as 'credit' in the next billing month, and the user wouldn't have to pay in the month. Let us not be too quick to condemn!

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by apatuku: 10:00am On Apr 03, 2016
shaiba:
Yes we can. I got same from PHCN that I over paid my electricity bills last year from the month of August and was not to pay any more bills till the end of the year. Also this year same thing happened from the month of February.

I thought it was a joke and visited their office and it was confirmed.

Nigeria will get beter. God Bless us all.
you are lier!
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by DipoDee: 10:26am On Apr 03, 2016
ethene:

But op for naija fuel and gas no cost reach like that. With 3,000 naira gas for my 12kg cylinder I dey rock am for one month plus

Gas---->>>>>Petrol/Fuel
Not cooking gas.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Krismart(m): 11:01am On Apr 03, 2016
charlsecy:

I doubt you are in Nigeria. There are credit power bills in Nigeria. This happens when it's realised you have been overcharged in estimates.

One thing is, we are too quick to make a response before properly understaning the situation. It is happening now in reality, and has been happening. Have you not heard people saying they're on credit? When PHCN discovers a user has been overcharged, the credit balance is forwarded to them as 'credit' in the next billing month, and the user wouldn't have to pay in the month. Let us not be too quick to condemn!
Which country this 1 come from? How do u know when u are overcharged when majority of d masses don't have prepaid meters but pay whatever bill PHCN decides to give them?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2016
Electroweb:

I guess you are right. We should compare ourself with Somalia, South Sudan, Pakistan.

Hahahahaha.
Not that bad. Right now its more like South Africa, Ghana...
We're not even up to the level of those North Africans like Tunisia, Morocco, Egypt, etc and we want to now rub shoulders with the Europeans? I laugh in Swahili!

1 Like

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by ABSOL10: 11:15am On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:

Exactly, and as a matter of fact, comparing Nigeria or any African country to Britain or any European Country is what I don't know how to compare with.
Europeans realistically took us in slavery to develop themselves for good 450 years, and started Technical slavery from 1815 up till 1914, almost 100 years, and later started academic and indirect slavery called colonialism and you are over there comparing.....mtchewwww
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 11:24am On Apr 03, 2016
Memejem:
You r view is quite pessimistic. realistic. Your statement implies that you believe that Nigerians are undeserving of fair treatment from the government. That they should stop keep hoping for a better life, because it will never but it will take a very long time to come

It will take a very long time to achieve. Maybe a few generations but it is not impossible. Rome want built in a day. And Britain is a very old nation unlike nigeria.

Agreed
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by otiigba1(m): 11:54am On Apr 03, 2016
biodunkehinde:

They don't carry cylinders around town every time like we do in nigeria. The gas is delivered directly to their homes via pipelines. So pls add logistics costs.
plus the guy earns and spends in £££ spends were he earns and gets £££ values in the UK not in nigeria
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by sidneyj(m): 12:50pm On Apr 03, 2016
charlsecy:

that should be in banana island cus the last time I checked I was given a bill for light used in a month but did not use light up to a weeko
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
falseman:
OP no even get sense no wonder UK people sabi stingy
Okay let's calculate

You initially pay about £138 (N39750) for monthly electricity bill

Then £85 (25450) to fill your tank.

My brother this can never happen in naija you can't use up to 15k to fill your tank even at the high cost we buy now. And I'm sure if you are in Nigeria with 24hrs electricity you will never agree to pay a bill of 20k per month talk more of 39k.

Bros come back home.

Their Economy is kinda stable, because they have proper circulation of money, unlike Nigeria, let's be honest to ourselves, I would rather pay 35K and have 24 hours light than to pay 3k or 10naira per month with a probabilistic power supply. When you calculate the amount spent on buying fuel to power my generator and also the health effect the smoke from these machines causes to our environment, you would never recommend him to come back home!

And about "Change", is not a problem of Apc or Pdp, is the mindset of an average Nigerian, ask yourself,when the naira was equivalent to a pound, why didn't we maintain that status? Why did we allow our economy fall? Nigeria has always found it difficult to implement maintenance.

100 years from now, we blacks will still be kissing the asses of the whites, because rather than embracing knowledge and practising religion in a healthy manner, we choose to embrace greed and unhealthy religious practises. God won't come and repair our roads, God has given us the knowledge to explore the world, but yet, we choose to leave every gadam thing for him to do.

2 Likes

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 03, 2016
olamixx:

Am really disappointed in you

Who cares?
You see the truth everyday. Are you now afraid to speak it?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2016
afroxyz:

We are black people and so? Na your type dey lick white man nyash

Believe it or not, we are our own problems. You don't have to insult me brah.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
Henycymama:

Like seriously??, have you foreseen the future?
You don't need to see the future to know the fate of this country.
Till we start telling ourselves the bitter truth, we are forever fūcked
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by cardoctor(m): 1:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
Why don't you come back to naija and try it?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Henycymama(f): 2:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
MrProducer:

You don't need to see the future to know the fate of this country.
Till we start telling ourselves the bitter truth, we are forever fūcked

Well, I have the believe this country will be Great!! Its just start from You and I
Before any change can occur, we should be expecting so many effects
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Apr 03, 2016
Wow we may never gwt to that level, and trust me its not govt that is to blame but the.average nigerian business man who is genetically greedy and selfish.

I must say that fuel over there is more expensive than naija, I mean 82pounds at the rate of say 450 to the naira and assuming ur tank is 70ltrs then bros ur spending close to 525naira per litre of fuel.

Even black marketers here don't charge that much.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Memejem: 3:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
I already stated it will take a long time to occur. Nigeria is a dialysis new country. All civilized Nations took centuries to develop. Your original statement was an encouragement for people to give up.

Why shouldnt Nigerians compare thier standard of living to other countries? Its not unobtainable. It will be a long time coming but nothing good comes easy. Counties are rated whether you like it or not. Everyone compares everything. Thats how innovation is created and improvements made.

[quote author=thesicilian post=44364287][/quote]
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by shaiba(f): 3:26pm On Apr 03, 2016
miqos02:
pictures or video to confirm

My dear, I'm not good at taking pictures, I hope this will help.

The CR at the side of the amount explains it. This happened in PH

Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 3:41pm On Apr 03, 2016
Memejem:
I already stated it will take a long time to occur. Nigeria is a dialysis new country. All civilized Nations took centuries to develop. Your original statement was an encouragement for people to give up.

Why shouldnt Nigerians compare thier standard of living to other countries? Its not unobtainable. It will be a long time coming but nothing good comes easy. Counties are rated whether you like it or not. Everyone compares everything. Thats how innovation is created and improvements made.

In your opinion, how long do you think it will take Nigeria to get to the level of civilization & development currently being enjoyed in Britain? Just give me an estimate, how many years?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Memejem: 3:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
To be honest it's all circumstantial. If all Nigerians are like you and have given up, don't try and lobby thier local and federal politicians it will take infinity years. The benefit nigeria has is that it's developing in the era of knowledge, experience and technology. None of the established western countries had this benefit.

If a substantial amount of Nigerians seriously fight and demand for thier rights nigerias infrastructure could be on par with other developed countries within 30 years. All the technology is available to make it happen. We just need to bring it here. Every county in the world has villages and rural areas. But each state/province has at least 2-3 major cities.

We have the money and the resources already. It's just not being put to good use. See how uyo and lagos has drastically changed within the last 10 years? We just need a solid structure put into place. It can work. It's not the country that's the problem. It's the people who are in charge. People can be replaced.

thesicilian:

In your opinion, how long do you think it will take Nigeria to get to the level of civilization & development currently being enjoyed in Britain? Just give me an estimate, how many years?
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Nobody: 3:58pm On Apr 03, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

That one is only telling lies. Very shameless one at that. Imagine, na only her na him those crooks of a coy return money to TWICE (na only she dey Nigeria ni?) and she even go their office go complain? I don't know why some people resort to telling cheap and childish lies.. Beats me!

The same criminals in Nigeria that was giving us bills of 15k, and 12k per month for less than 30 hours power supply in a month. Not like we even use heavy appliances. Thank goodness the meter we paid for has finally been delivered (although other states got their own meters free of charge). Maybe now, 1k will last for 6 months since we no dey carry eye see light for my area.

On the OP.. So the OP is still waiting for change? After all that has been displayed by the dullard? He will wait until he's old and won't see his change.. Yeye!

It actually happened with my water bill in abuja. They made a mistake and I overpaid and wasnt aware. The next month I had a credit of over 12,000 & I didn't pay water bill for d next 4 months till it went back into debit. Not all govt account workers are crooks. Its just DT too many of them are.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 4:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
Memejem:
To be honest it's all circumstantial. If all Nigerians are like you and have given up, don't try and lobby thier local and federal politicians it will take infinity years. The benefit nigeria has is that it's developing in the era of knowledge, experience and technology. None of the established western countries had this benefit.

If a substantial amount of Nigerians seriously fight and demand for thier rights nigerias infrastructure could be on par with other developed countries within 30 years. All the technology is available to make it happen. We just need to bring it here. Every county in the world has villages and rural areas. But each state/province has at least 2-3 major cities.

We have the money and the resources already. It's just not being put to good use. See how uyo and lagos has drastically changed within the last 10 years? We just need a solid structure put into place. It can work. It's not the country that's the problem. It's the people who are in charge. People can be replaced.

Doesn't answer my question. You obviously do not live in the real world and all your speech is full of 'ifs' and what we are can do and become. No one is doubting what we can become or our growth potential if you must know. The issue is, do you see Nigeria moving forward any time soon judging by what we have on ground? Forget miracles and chance happenings, does Nigeria have any structure on ground to become the most developed nation in Africa, not to talk of Europe and America? That is the crux of my debate.
And please be precise in your answers.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by Memejem: 4:18pm On Apr 03, 2016
nothing is absolute. I did answer your question. Read my answer again with an open mind. you asked how long do i think it will take. you don't just throw a number and not explain it. I gave you a number and explained my thought process. If you like the way Nigeria is presently then good for you. People are here looking for solutions to our problems and how the incoming and present generations can make a change. you are here dwelling.

if you believe Nigeria is a lost cause then leave the country and don't look back. discussing with you is a headache.I am not here to gist with you. i'm passionate about this topic. so if you don't want to be serious, then don't reply me. I'm only interested in serious discussions

thesicilian:

Doesn't answer my question. You obviously do not live in the real world and all your speech is full of 'ifs' and what we are can do and become. No one is doubting what we can become or our growth potential if you must know. The issue is, do you see Nigeria moving forward any time soon judging by what we have on ground? Forget miracles and chance happenings, does Nigeria have any structure on ground to become the most developed nation in Africa, not to talk of Europe and America? That is the crux of my debate.
And please be precise in your answers.
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by thesicilian: 4:24pm On Apr 03, 2016
Memejem:
nothing is absolute. I did answer your question. Read my answer again with an open mind. you asked how long do i think it will take. you don't just throw a number and not explain it. I gave you a number and explained my thought process. If you like the way Nigeria is presently then good for you. People are here looking for solutions to our problems and how the incoming and present generations can make a change. you are here dwelling.

if you believe Nigeria is a lost cause then leave the country and don't look back. discussing with you is a headache.I am not here to gist with you. i'm passionate about this topic. so if you don't want to be serious, then don't reply me. I'm only interested in serious discussions

Ok
Re: Can This Ever Happen In Nigeria,London-based Nigerian Ask?(photo) by blackboy(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
thesicilian:

So we should compare Nigeria to somalia or Benin republic or south Sudan or Liberia? Nigeria needs to step up its game and if you compare yourself with the worst do you know what you get? Yes nothing better. A student that compares himself with the best will still get something good.
We need to have the will to be the best.
Japan n China did n now they are almost if not the best.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Meet Fani-kayode's Ex-wife, Yemisi Wada (photo + Interview) / Kogi Election 2019: Disturbing Videos Of Gun Battles And Deaths In Kogi State / Dakuku Peterside Kneeling And Praying To GOD For Today's Victory (pix) And APC.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.