Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,669 members, 7,844,202 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother (1262 Views)

Don't Have Sex With A Girl You Cannot Marry As Wife / At Age 24 I Don't Have A Girlfriend, Have Not Been Loved By Any Girl / I Said I Needed A Serious Relationship With A Man, See What I Found! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by mamagee3(f): 5:44am On Apr 03, 2016
I'm in my early 20s and I have two brothers. One younger and one older. My father passed on when I was 15 months old.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have never had a relationship with my mother. She never taught me little things like how to put on a bra. But Instead I had to rely on my aunt to teach me "girl" things. My mother was never home, she was always going out with this older man who happens to be her friend.

So I was usually home with my older brother who would find a reason to beat I and my younger brother to a pulp. My mother would usually treat my younger brother better than I.

Up until this very moment, I and my my mother's relationship has been nothing more than dysfunctional. I yearn everyday for a loving and close bond with the very person that gave me life but to no avail. I have tried everything to make it work but she just happens is not interested to be close to me.

I don't know how I'm supposed to scale through life like this.
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Redoil: 5:56am On Apr 03, 2016
I hope you will not do such to your shildren
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Paulpaulpaul(m): 5:57am On Apr 03, 2016
Ho! You shouldn't lose a sleep over that, she is your mother by default, no one is given the luxury of choosing hers/his. Pls, my dear, be good to her and your siblings. Family first, above everything.

Ridiculous as this may sound, when asked about the older man, she may say she is following him to get money for your upkeep. Accept one fact, she is your mum and your must love her.

Do have a great day

2 Likes

Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 5:59am On Apr 03, 2016
ask your mum if truly you're her biological daughter
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 6:21am On Apr 03, 2016
NNE never dislike her just look forward in making a better life for your self.
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 6:24am On Apr 03, 2016
sad I feel emotional right now; am so sorry mamagee.
Maybe, u shud sit her down and talk with her .
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by magabounce(m): 6:28am On Apr 03, 2016
@mamagee3 don't look like ur story to me!!
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by baranzy(m): 6:41am On Apr 03, 2016
Did u just say ur dad passed away when u were 15 months old and u have kid bro.....hmmmmm!!!!dis ur lie is enuf to land you in jail for life...

3 Likes

Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 03, 2016
durentdbiitch:
sad I feel emotional right now; am so sorry mamagee.
Maybe, u shud sit her down and talk with her .
Maybe if u stopped being a gay she and others may take u serious.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by rheether(f): 6:48am On Apr 03, 2016
Mamagee, we all know this story is fake. You wanna hit FP? come up with an original story.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by saxwizard(m): 6:55am On Apr 03, 2016
rheether:
Mamagee, we all know this story is fake. You wanna hit FP? come up with an original story.

Haba. ....u dey there
??
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by STARGREEN(m): 6:59am On Apr 03, 2016
baranzy:
Did u just say ur dad passed away when u were 15 months old and u have kid bro.....hmmmmm!!!!dis ur lie is enuf to land you in jail for life...

I really want to advise but 15months of a thing got me thinking. You know if a patient gives doctor wrong info healing take time if at all it will be because honesty heal dishonesty.
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by pendusky(m): 7:01am On Apr 03, 2016
baranzy:

I am older than my brother only for 16months, be guided..

Mamagee3

You need to talk to your mum, she is the only one that can tell you why she hate you much...

Have heard of instances where mothers says she hate one of her children because she believed that child brought affliction to her family, it will remain unknown to you except you find out ur own case.

Solutions;
Find out what your mum likes, Buy her cloths, celebrate her birthday, make Women day for her a special one, be happy with her and you will win her heart.
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 03, 2016
Festivalofholi:
undecided
Another let loosed idiot.

I definitely got NO time for u.

1 Like

Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 03, 2016
Na bcus u be american pikin. Many ppll for naija get worse case pass dat one and we dey survive. Life here is tough

U even have siblings, thank ur God, I don't have. Forget abt ur mother, she's not gonna change, at least not now. Perhaps when she's on her dying bed, she'll ask for forgiveness. That's how I console myself.

Concentrate on ur siblings and let love and unity exist among d 3 of you. I believe ur elder bro is no more brutal as he used to be, and to some extent you have ur younger bro under control who has gone thru same travail as u have under ur mom and elder bro..so he would likely understand you. Even if ur elder bro is still stubborn, suprise him with love and gifts once in a while; that could change him

But make sure there's love bond btwn u and ur younger bro; its necessary and maintain the relationship with ur aunt..if she's been loving, then she just might be of supportive guidiance to you. Thank God u have a good job..that's part of d consolation. What of those whose mothers are self-confessed witches?

If u noticed, my comments have always been born out of consideration for you even when others laff and abuse you. I just knew some kinda hardship is responsible for ur threads. But you will be fine, u surely will. I face same with my mom too

4 Likes

Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Tallesty1(m): 7:45am On Apr 03, 2016
durentdbiitch:
sad
I feel emotional right now; am so sorry mamagee.

Maybe, u shud sit her down and talk with her
Emotional over mamagee's post?

grin;DI laugh in kuvuki voicegringrin
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 7:54am On Apr 03, 2016
Tallesty1:
Emotional over mamagee's post?

grin;DI laugh in kuvuki voicegringrin
Lol grin
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 03, 2016
durentdbiitch:
undecided
Another let loosed idiot.

I definitely got NO time for u.
I'm really sorry about your predicament, but why don't you see a psychologist that can help you, since we both know what you are doing is not natural.
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Synnzu(m): 8:27am On Apr 03, 2016
I'm tempted............ But today is sunday.

Satan be GONE!! angry
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Hysmady(m): 8:54am On Apr 03, 2016
Did I just read early 20s? Lemme just lipsrsealed
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2016
Festivalofholi:
I'm really sorry about your predicament, but why don't you see a psychologist that can help you, since we both know what you are doing is not natural.
The earlier u start minding ur bizness, d better for u.
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by igraman(m): 9:05am On Apr 03, 2016
just negodu
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by raumdeuter: 2:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
You sef get married

Do you have a good relationship with anybody alive?

How are you supposed to scale through life because you don't like your mom? What of people who didnt have parents how did they scale through
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by ehix89(m): 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
mamagee3:
I'm in my early 20s and I have two brothers. One younger and one older. My father passed on when I was 15 months old.

Ever since I was a little girl, I have never had a relationship with my mother. She never taught me little things like how to put on a bra. But Instead I had to rely on my aunt to teach me "girl" things. My mother was never home, she was always going out with this older man who happens to be her friend.

So I was usually home with my older brother who would find a reason to beat I and my younger brother to a pulp. My mother would usually treat my younger brother better than I.

Up until this very moment, I and my my mother's relationship has been nothing more than dysfunctional. I yearn everyday for a loving and close bond with the very person that gave me life but to no avail. I have tried everything to make it work but she just happens is not interested to be close to me.

I don't know how I'm supposed to scale through life like this.
that's your mum on you profile picture right?
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Bluezy13(m): 2:35pm On Apr 03, 2016
Festivalofholi:
Lwkmd... Nawa o
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
BreadandBeans:
ask your mum if truly you're her biological daughter
You're dribbling backwards again
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Bluezy13(m): 2:37pm On Apr 03, 2016
ehix89:
Mbok, ask her o...

Early 20s ti take over
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
I know you are popular here for being a troll, but in case this is true, I will suggest that this coming Sunday is Mothers' Day. get her a gift that you know she will like and start from there.
Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by Nobody: 3:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Sorry about that dear..... sad

Maybe you can try dis..... I'm sorry is a very powerful word...

Go to her before she goes to bed, tell her that Mum please I want to tell you something.
If she replies you" go ahead". Kneel down n beg her, tell her that you are sorry for all the things you have done n the ones you haven't. Crying cry, *Mummy please forgive me, I'm sorry. I love you so much. You are my best friend n sister to me. Without you I wouldn't be were I'm in the world today. I want to be your gossip mate, your joy, laughter n friend. *
Mum is going through alot, get closer to her n you will find out what she has been passing through. Every mother loves her child, carrying a baby for nine months is nt easy.she loves you bt you are nt seeing it. She always have u in mind and also pray. A mum's prayer for her child is the best you can ever imagine. I wish you all the best of luck...

***sad, what we have others are also praying to have it {HAPPINESS n LOVE} : angry

1 Like

Re: I Don't Have A Good Relationship With My Mother by mamagee3(f): 4:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
ehix89:
No.

That's me.

(1) (Reply)

One Good Reason Why Bride Price Should Be Abolished / Why Mature Men Don’t Want Women With Attitudes / See The Lady Many People Want To Kiss Because Of Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.