Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,088 members, 7,818,263 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. (1912 Views)

Who Is The Cause Of This Fuel Price Hike In Nigeria This Yuletide? / Fuel Scarcity Set To Hit Nigeria Again.. / PIC Of The Day: Fuel Scarcity And Easter (jesus Resurrection) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 04, 2016
Xonology:
Were you not the one shielding Buhari from debate during presidential election campaign last year? During GEJ's administration, you guys made it look as if we are in eldorado till 2010 when he took over with your destructive criticisms.. Why I don't take you serious is that you're highly partisan and the earlier we stop singing praises of all this politicians whether PDP or APC, the better for all us..
Its not about taking me seriously, it about taking the affairs of Nigeria seriously. If after 3yrs i don't signicant changes, i do worse than i did gej.
I must be really silly keeping quiet if a man took over in 2010 with oil boom and kept on pilling more debts without massive attempt at diversification or saving.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Xonology: 4:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

Its not about taking me seriously, it about taking the affairs of Nigeria seriously. If after 3yrs i don't signicant changes, i do worse than i did gej.
I must be really silly keeping quiet if a man took over in 2010 with oil boom and kept on pilling more debts without massive attempt at diversification or saving.
I don't give a fvck about GEJ/Buhari, PDP/APC.. I only give a fvck about good people with sound idea on how to move the nation forward and it's not rocket science.. This idea can be relayed to the citizens via many series of debate during presidential campaign as is been done in the States.. But it's hypocritical of you after shielding PMB from debate during campaign and later on come here now telling us that we need debate.. Anyway, I'm waiting for Buhari to implement his first budget and from there, we will know if he is doing well or not.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

I agree 100%, most especially we need debates, the aspirants must tell us their plans, they must answer though questions.

If you've been following the US presidential campaigns, you'll understand why serious nations arrange very hot debates for their presidential candidates. Governance is a very serious business and therefore must be shielded from the emergence of charlatans.

When it comes to governance, integrity alone won't do the job; nothing can take place of competence and adequate knowledge. There was a reason the APC prevented PMB from engaging in the debates but that's gone now.

The lingering fuel crisis is an indictment on our leaders and us. As a people we've tolerated and managed bad leadership for too long. As a nation we are not ready. This is the longest fuel crisis I've witnessed as a Nigerian.

The current APC failure will be a huge blessing for us as a people in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 04, 2016
Xonology:
I don't give a fvck about GEJ/Buhari, PDP/APC.. I only give a fvck about good people with sound idea on how to move the nation forward and it's not rocket science.. This idea can be relayed to the citizens via many series of debate during presidential campaign as is been done in the States.. But it's hypocritical of you after shielding PMP from debate during campaign and later on come here now telling us that we need debate.. Anyway, I'm waiting for Buhari to implement his first budget and from there, we will know if he is doing well or not.
I'll accept what you term hypocricy if will advance this debate.

1 Like

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
dearpreye:

If you've been following the US presidential campaigns, you'll understand why serious nations arrange very hot debates for their presidential candidates. Governance is a very serious business and therefore must be shielded from the emergence of charlatans.

When it comes to governance, integrity alone won't do the job; nothing can take place of competence and adequate knowledge. There was a reason the APC prevented PMB from engaging in the debates but that's gone now.

The lingering fuel crisis is an indictment on our leaders and us. As a people we've tolerated and managed bad leadership for too long. As a nation we are not ready. This is the longest fuel crisis I've witnessed as a Nigerian.

The current APC failure will be a huge blessing for us as a people in the future.
I like the bolded, i hope we will get serious debate probably organised by Inec or serious media outlets.

I dont understant your last paragraph though
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Xonology: 4:41pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

I'll accept what you term hypocricy if will advance this debate.
Good!
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

I like the bolded, i hope we will get serious debate probably organised by Inec or serious media outlets.

I dont understant your last paragraph though

The last paragraph implies our present economic woes will make us want to see presidential debates in the future.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by ajepako(f): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
EldaTimba:
I think PMB should think/look beyond the APC team before we would have some progress. I wonder what stops PMB from calling back Barth Nnaji as the minister of power. Also, no matter how corrupt Mrs madueke was, we need to have some talk and gain some lessons. In this economic season, no knowledge is lost

TIRI GBOSA FOR YOU FOR THAT COMMENT.... grin grin
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by ajepako(f): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
Obiagelli:

I agree 100%, most especially we need debates, the aspirants must tell us their plans, they must answer though questions.

Oby..First time l' m reading your post without having the urge to fart in your face..

l admire your objectivity and finally..

TIRI GBOSA FOR YOU.... grin grin grin
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by EasternLeopard: 5:11pm On Apr 04, 2016
dearpreye:

Very true. I use to tell people that it takes more than integrity to make a difference. It takes wisdom which is absent in Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
dearpreye:

The last paragraph implies our present economic woes will make us want to see presidential debates in the future.
Hopefully.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Apr 04, 2016
EasternLeopard:

Very true. I use to tell people that it takes more than leadership to make a difference. It takes wisdom which is absent in Buhari

The personal habits and character of PMB doesn't fit modern day, Democratic tenets. Wisdom and competence are very vital to leadership. Communication is another ingredient missing from the APC government. PMB isn't talking enough with his people.
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by grafikii: 10:33am On Apr 05, 2016
Lalasticlala this thread should be on the front page
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by grafikii: 10:37am On Apr 05, 2016
EasternLeopard:

Very true. I use to tell people that it takes more than integrity to make a difference. It takes wisdom which is absent in Buhari
That wisdom was in the buffon you defended all through?
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by dearsly(m): 11:37am On Apr 05, 2016
[s]
Obiagelli:
Its been quite pathetic and a big shame to this government that there has been 3 fuel scarcities in 8 months. The president and his teams should take responsiblity.

WHY THE SCARCITY?
Its no longer news that our sole (90%) earner of foreign exchange is no longer what it used to be.
Nigeria unlike other sane oil producing countries needs to buy finished petrol abroad for its domestic consumption. For this petrol we have to pay in dollars, this is where the problem lies, we simply don't earn (HAVE) enough dollars to match the amount of fuel we consume.
Oil is selling for $40 dollars a barrel, we barely break even as agaist the cost of production, some reports even claim we are making losses while others say we can' find buyer.

End in sight?

I doubt there is an end to this crisis in the short term except we do one of these crazy things
a. Deplete our foriegn reserves importing fuel

b. Spend all our foriegn income importing fuel (no more projects or raw materials)

c. Devalue the naira, open the market and sell fuel for around 200 -250 naira per liter.

Kachikwu and not so Kachikwu

This minister like the cbn governor and the minister for power are truely on the hot seat.
The minister recently experimented with the idea of the NNPC importing fuel 100%, thereby cutting off the oil cabal from forex round triping but as expected the cabals fought back, today we are back to 40 - 30 - 30 formula.

Ministries of misinformation

I am glad Lai mohammed has kept queit on this matter, since he does not seem to have full grasp of the problem. (someone needs to sack femi adesina)

Payback time

Like they say, when you fail to plan, you plan to fail, if for 30yrs we have not build a single refinery, then we are really sick people, had we functional refineries with extra capacity, we wont queue for fuel (even @ $0 a barrel).

For 30yrs we didnt upgrade our transmission lines for electricity and we kept quiet as citizens expecting light

For 30 years we didnt build standard guage rails safe for Abuja- kaduna route and we wonder why our roads are bad

For 30 years we didnt improve our food crop seedlings, we didnt think of ranch farming and we expect food security.

For 30 years we didnt equip our military and decentralize the police and we expect security.

We are simply paying for allowing bad leadership because we probably have the worst followership in the world.

You can choose the next 30 yrs voting and supporting bad leaders, you will continue to suffer it. I read some young people clamouring for a Saraki presidency in 2019 DEM SWEAR FOR UNA?

[/s]
Re: Why This Fuel Scarcity? And A Few Others. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2016
dearsly:
[s][/s]
SMH

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbo Senators Collude To Deny Biafra 60 Biillon Naira Lagos - Calabar Rail / Niger Delta Avengers Are Ignorant, Stupid And Cowards / God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.