Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,374 members, 7,839,676 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland (1614 Views)

You Need To Realise This About Nairaland (and The Internet) / 10 Weird Things I Noticed About Nairaland And Nairalanders / Open Opinion To Mr.seun About Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 04, 2016
What I find disturbing about Nairaland
1. Tribalism: it gets depressing just reading the hate-filled comments. It ruins the whole day for me. I have caught myself wondering if most of the people I run into during the day also subscribe to these intense hatred for others. Regardless of the terrible things happening around, I know for a fact that I can't paint a whole tribe as evil. I reside in the north. I have been shown real kindness by both the northern and southern people. I am actually from the east myself.
2. The battle of the sexes: I am not using this term in a playful way. Like the tribal e-war, the blame game is too much. A lady asks for advice and people begin to insult all Nigerian women or all women. What's wrong? I have lived a while on this side of the earth and I have met the good, the bad and the ugly. Both men and women fall into these categories. I see good men striving against all odds to do right by their family. I see women striving alongside them. Look around you when you drive to work tomorrow. You will see both men and women working. In fact, I know more people engaged in legitimate hustle than the gold diggers, oloshos, gigoles or runsgirls some commenters on nairaland would have me be believe inhabit Nigeria.
I am not a writer so I will stop here. But really, why the hate? Is love now outdated? How come love is only seen as something between a man and a woman? What of the one between brothers, neighbors, friends, and so on? I am tired.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by SUPERPACK: 2:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
who cares i love nairaland
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
Actually its politicsland-tribal and gender politics.

Love no dey naija again make we yan truth. D only love I see now is if you give me 50liters of petrol FOC and 5 USD every week, I swear I will announce my love for you on newspaper
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 2:34pm On Apr 04, 2016
Its just our Nl baby. We play every 'movie' role you can imagine without seeing any script. Everybody just sorta key in and act out ; Intelligence at play.

if you take abuses to heart or allow folks's fervent teases to get into your head , yo just on a Veeeerrrryyyy loooooonggg Thiiinngg! grin

2 Likes

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 04, 2016
pinceprinz:
Its just our Nl baby. We play every 'movie' role you can imagine without seeing any script. Everybody just sorta key in and act out ; Intelligence at play.

if you take abuses to heart or allow folks's fervent teases to get into your head , yo just on a Veeeerrrryyyy loooooonggg Thiiinngg! grin
Yer a man.
You would be able to ride on with it your roadway is smooth
Unlike women who's pathway is bumpy.
They are the ones being analyzed/criticized/objectified/bashed/an beaten down.
With Nigerian women bearing the brunt of it.
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by donholy28(m): 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
when u come only and post trash...what else would u expect but insults....
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Maxi112: 2:44pm On Apr 04, 2016
without all this things u mentioned op!
there's nothing like nairaland..
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Maxi112: 2:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Yer a man. You would be able to ride on with it your roadway is smooth Unlike women who's pathway is bumpy. The are the ones being analyzed/criticized/ objectified/based/an beaten down. With Nigerian women bearing the brunt of it.
listen to ur self...

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by ChappyChase: 2:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
Maxi112:
without all this things u mentioned op!

there's nothing like nairaland..

And what give me joy Is the wey we unit during E-wars against other country, Eg south Africa!

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Maxi112: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
ChappyChase:

And what give me joy Is the wey we unit during E-wars against other country, Eg south Africa!
for sure we must..

cause no one will do it for u!
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
Maxi112:

listen to ur self...
Oh! Yer right.
Thank you sweetness fer bringing to my attention my spelling mistakes.I fixed em. wink
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Maxi112: 2:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Oh! Yer right.
Thank you sweetness fer bringing to my attention my spelling mistakes.I fixed em. wink
beta!

how u doing??
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2016
You have to understand that there are lots of frustrated people with lack of ambition hence the hatred their fellow black men. its a continental problem, you'll never see the white man do that. and you wonder why the black race is behind.. it willfully breaks the heart that the youth, the so-called leaders of tomorrow, majority of whom are graduates of tertiary institutions but have stubbornly stuck to ignorance and all the vices perpetrated by errant elders and deviant peers. They are equipped with all kinds of paper qualifications, from higher diplomas to higher degrees, yet they are without knowledge and perception, nor any form of purposeful bearing. God help us all

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by halfricanadian(f): 3:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
True op is right

This is too mch

The only love they know here is d one btw a man amd a woman

All oda love is cold out here

But who cares any more

Love ursef den u will realise ow better it is

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by achinaboy(m): 3:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
whether go or bad,coins will always have two sides, so this is the world we live in,and it will never change,so it's either we get used to it,or someone gat to relocate, thas all

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 04, 2016
Maxi112:
beta!

how u doing??
Haha grin you know you wasn't tryin' ta help me with spelling errors.
.....I'm good Maxi.
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Maxi112: 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Haha grin you know you wasn't tryin' ta help me with spelling errors.
.....I'm good Maxi.
hahahaha

U r smart anyway

but I disagree to that..
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 04, 2016
Maxi112:
hahahaha

U r smart anyway

but I disagree to that..
grin Smart cause I figured you out tongue
If you disagree fine.
Because I don't wanna argue with you.Not you.We need ta be okay,cool.
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Maxi112: 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
grin Smart cause I figured you out tongue
If you disagree fine.
Because I don't wanna argue with you.Not you.We need ta be okay,cool.
lolzz...

cool then! okay by me

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:30pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Yer a man.
You would be able to ride on with it your roadway is smooth
Unlike women who's pathway is bumpy.
They are the ones being analyzed/criticized/objectified/bashed/an beaten down.
With Nigerian women bearing the brunt of it.

hmmm. and you, what are you? an activist? cheesy

but really, the criticisms and finger pointings are necessary; Women make homes, thus they hold a very sensitive position when u talk about building the very viable society of our dreams. A morally lax woman begets a very dangerous larger world; Why they deserve our very astute tutoring on every pressing matter. We doing it our own classically rough way doesn't mean we ain't objective. We are blacks and blacks ain't got no chill grin That's whatsup!
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:33pm On Apr 04, 2016
pinceprinz:

hmmm. and you, what are you? an activist? cheesy

[s]but really, the criticisms and finger pointings are necessary; Women make homes, thus they hold a very sensitive position when u talk about building the very viable society of our dreams. A morally lax woman begets a very dangerous larger world; Why they deserve our very astute tutoring on every pressing matter. We doing it our own classically rough way doesn't mean we ain't objective. We are blacks and blacks ain't got no chill grin That's whatsup![/s]
Save it grin I didn't say I wanted yer input........Just yer ear.
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by firstking01(m): 3:35pm On Apr 04, 2016
Some people are just too rigidundecided...be liberal, and if you cnt stand the heat of nairaland deactivate the same way you activated case closeundecided
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Save it grin I didn't say I wanted yer input........Just yer ear.
cheesy My bad. Packs all of my words and arranges them neatly back into my backpack grin ... Happy now?
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
pinceprinz:

cheesy My bad. Packs all of my words and arranges them neatly back into my backpack grin ... Happy now?
Most Happy,yes.
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
Most Happy,yes.

Hope you're not displaying your tobacco stained teeth all over the place over there? grin
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:49pm On Apr 04, 2016
pinceprinz:

Hope you're not displaying your tobacco stained teeth all over the place over there? grin
grin no.
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 04, 2016
KingCheezyPuff:
grin no.
cheesy and she displays it... I can see you from here tongue tongue ...Talk about potent black magic wink

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by sse7en(m): 4:17pm On Apr 04, 2016
Tribalism tops it all...as in sometimes when I read people's comment I tend to resent some tribes and always think that how it is like in the real world, but I am surprised that they have not started a tribal war in real life...especially the yourbas and the igbos.

You people need to stop, it's not healthy at all...BTW I have lots of ibo friends...and they are so cool, so wetin my yoruba people have against them I don't know oh.

2 Likes

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by AmAlbert(m): 7:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
My sister dey thing tire me sef o, I don notice say sometimes before you go undastnd some things for NL you no need to dey triba but you need to get Tribal Marks

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
AmAlbert:
My sister dey thing tire me sef o, I don notice say sometimes before you go undastnd some things for NL you no need to dey triba but you need to get Tribal Marks

Lol. Na so my brother. Nl sweet wella but some people hate comments de wan spoil the fun for me o.
Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
Not far fetched. 2 Timothy 3:1-5

1 Like

Re: What I Find Disturbing About Nairaland by davidif: 2:12am On Nov 28, 2016
Gabby91:
What I find disturbing about Nairaland
1. Tribalism: it gets depressing just reading the hate-filled comments. It ruins the whole day for me. I have caught myself wondering if most of the people I run into during the day also subscribe to these intense hatred for others. Regardless of the terrible things happening around, I know for a fact that I can't paint a whole tribe as evil. I reside in the north. I have been shown real kindness by both the northern and southern people. I am actually from the east myself.
2. The battle of the sexes: I am not using this term in a playful way. Like the tribal e-war, the blame game is too much. A lady asks for advice and people begin to insult all Nigerian women or all women. What's wrong? I have lived a while on this side of the earth and I have met the good, the bad and the ugly. Both men and women fall into these categories. I see good men striving against all odds to do right by their family. I see women striving alongside them. Look around you when you drive to work tomorrow. You will see both men and women working. In fact, I know more people engaged in legitimate hustle than the gold diggers, oloshos, gigoles or runsgirls some commenters on nairaland would have me be believe inhabit Nigeria.
I am not a writer so I will stop here. But really, why the hate? Is love now outdated? How come love is only seen as something between a man and a woman? What of the one between brothers, neighbors, friends, and so on? I am tired.

It has really gotten pathetic this days man but I think it's a vocal minority.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Bae Says You're Blessing In Disguise!!! / .. / I Believe Someone In Awon Werey Was Responsible For The Iamkingzlee ALT Account.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.