Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,748 members, 7,817,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:40 AM

Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe (6702 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / My Parents Volunteered Me, Says 14-year-old Kano Suicide Bomber (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by akigbemaru: 7:00pm On Jul 30, 2009
Dede1:

This is a blatant falsehood that was created by the propaganda machine of western region of Nigerian government publication of 1967. After what clearly looked as inability to spit on the faces of those who marched onto Ibadan and killed the son of the soil, the western region of Nigerian publishing houses pulled out this ridiculous and equally deceptive stunt and associated it with the name of Col Fajuyi. I bet Mr. Sina Adedipe, who is referenced as a veteran journalistic in this article, could have been one of the people that initially concocted the crap from the western Nigerian based publishing houses.

The accounts given by three individuals who were physically present during the ordeals that took place at the government house in Ibadan had categorically refuted such self-pleasing nonsense. Flt. Lieutenant Arthur Nwankwo, the air force ADC to Ironsi, emphatically told me in Lagos that such conjectural crap never took place.

Also, in the Gowon’s biography written by Eliagwu, the interview given by Lt. William Wulbe categorically stated that such nonsense never transpired. He rubbished the claim by calling it a bold face lie. He further stated that Lt. Col. F. Fajuyi was as good a target as Ironsi because the coup plotters of July 29, 1966 had alleged that Fajuyi was implicated in January 15, 1966 coup.

Again, for those who will knowingly fooled themselves in a quest to create a hero or attempt to justify their inability to stand up against aggressor through falsehood should understand that during coup d’état options to live or die do not exist.

@ Dede1 or Dulldee10 or Dumbass dee1 or dundee United

It’s obvious you are a stupid dimwit, for picking up a fight you knew you can’t win.
I have told you that you should not come on this forum, to digress every topics to a tribal bashings. Everybody knows that you are not for good. Nobody from any tribes will do anything heroic other than your “OJUKWU” and I told you to go to Senate or House if they can help you out; but don’t forget he’s a fugitive criminal though, as you know he had thousands of innocent Biafran souls piled on his neck—now he feels like an alien in the SKY or in UFO.
When I am trying to alleviate for my callous approach to a very utmost bearable dysphemistic resort; then, you are still got damn yelling to my side. I am sorry for you; because you don’t seem to have shaper words to knock me off my feet. Therefore, you are a big loser and your situation is cathartic!
My grammatical lyrical skills kill, my connotations are super-strong and I euphemistically put a pox on you! Oh, snapped! B$tch, you ain’t m$therf$cking nothing right now; but a dead corpse.

How would you think straight, when you eat too much “Stodgy Palm Oil Garri” mixed with bland okra stew, the result would give you Hydrocephalus — too much fiber and water in the brain.
Stop eating too much carbohydrate and fiber! Do your meal plans and make sure it’s a balanced diet.
Oushhh!! Your brain touches again? I told you earlier that your herbs remain just one to complete; despites you are dealing with heavy medications. Many herbalists had given you placebos instead of drugs that would have had therapeutic effects on you. Some even misconstrued your illness to Bi-polar or Autism. I know your problem; you have had a kryptonite mixing with your already feeble hydrocephalous brain. There by making you act with eccentricity; an aberrational behavior that devoid to the contrary.
I’m ready to drop my golden pen; but if you ask for more I won’t hesitate to lash you out! My bad, I ripped your heart off.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by MrCrackles(m): 7:04pm On Jul 30, 2009
akigbemaru:

grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by akigbemaru: 7:11pm On Jul 30, 2009
akigbemaru:

It’s obvious you are a stupid dimwit, for picking up a fight you knew you can’t win.
I have told you that you should not come on this forum, to digress every topics to a tribal bashings. Everybody knows that you are not for good. Nobody from any tribes will do anything heroic other than your “OJUKWU” and I told you to go to Senate or House if they can help you out; but don’t forget he’s a fugitive criminal though, as you know he had thousands of innocent Biafran souls piled on his neck—now he feels like an alien in the SKY or in UFO.
When I am trying to alleviate for my callous approach to a very utmost bearable dysphemistic resort; then, you are still got damn yelling to my side. I am sorry for you; because you don’t seem to have shaper words to knock me off my feet. Therefore, you are a big loser and your situation is cathartic!
My grammatical lyrical skills kill, my connotations are super-strong and I euphemistically put a pox on you! Oh, snapped! B$tch, you ain’t m$therf$cking nothing right now; but a dead corpse.

How would you think straight, when you eat too much “Stodgy Palm Oil Garri” mixed with bland okra stew, the result would give you Hydrocephalus — too much fiber and water in the brain.
Stop eating too much carbohydrate and fiber! Do your meal plans and make sure it’s a balanced diet.
Oushhh!! Your brain touches again? I told you earlier that your herbs remain just one to complete; despites you are dealing with heavy medications. Many herbalists had given you placebos instead of drugs that would have had therapeutic effects on you. Some even misconstrued your illness to Bi-polar or Autism. I know your problem; you have had a kryptonite mixing with your already feeble hydrocephalous brain. There by making you act with eccentricity; an aberrational behavior that devoid to the contrary.
I’m ready to drop my golden pen; but if you ask for more I won’t hesitate to lash you out! My bad, I ripped your heart off.

I am thirsty too and I love to drink and I want to have more comments like you; so, let's get started. I glanced through your more than 500 comments. I am shocked to never see any comment about progress in Nigeria, everything you typed was rubbish (slurs and expletives) and complete baloney about other tribes. Damn it, I heard you are the same Okoroman on youtube (all you do is talk bad about Nigeria—I hope Nigeria will ask you; because you can’t eat your cake and still want to have it) And when people talk about your tribe you cry loud of marginalization. If you don’t get off talking stupid about Yorubas I won’t leave you, Presido1, Jakumo, Beaf and Becoomrich, Ikeaman00 (that recently changed to “onlytruth”) and that hoe on the side asha3 or Ashawo 3,000,000. Bleep all of you! I could brag up with Yoruba bourgeois too, would you think I am cocky? I might just be, fools!
Then, the tactics you employed during the Biafran war. The innocent Yorubas were tighted up and made walked butt-naked in the eastern streets. They were forced to be reciting (Biafran would win in the name of Jesus), then, the already neutral Yorubas were about to chase every last one of you out of Lagos and you were crying of no Love.

Check the video clip on “youtube” link—(http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?sid=103342296503&h=Dhamv&u=kw_lh&ref=mf)

After you have seen the video clips, tell me if that was not Yorubas’ voice. You the Hausas you were fighting and jumped to Yorubas; because we did not support your selfish ulterior motive. We didn’t even stop you till you moved forward to Lagos, where we intercepted your scary asses at Ore.
Dede1 or dumbdee1 or dumb&daft1. A big fool like you, because you witnessed and fought in Biafran war, you still get your old butt on this forum tussling with little kids. Way to go old Junk!! If you remain on Biafran dreams and don’t get a job and make your life meaningful you are on your own.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 30, 2009
geez, what a shocking video

Nigerians and atrocities which they never tire of inflicting on one another undecided

smh
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by akigbemaru: 7:23pm On Jul 30, 2009
Dede1:

This is a blatant falsehood that was created by the propaganda machine of western region of Nigerian government publication of 1967. After what clearly looked as inability to spit on the faces of those who marched onto Ibadan and killed the son of the soil, the western region of Nigerian publishing houses pulled out this ridiculous and equally deceptive stunt and associated it with the name of Col Fajuyi. I bet Mr. Sina Adedipe, who is referenced as a veteran journalistic in this article, could have been one of the people that initially concocted the crap from the western Nigerian based publishing houses.

The accounts given by three individuals who were physically present during the ordeals that took place at the government house in Ibadan had categorically refuted such self-pleasing nonsense. Flt. Lieutenant Arthur Nwankwo, the air force ADC to Ironsi, emphatically told me in Lagos that such conjectural crap never took place.

Also, in the Gowon’s biography written by Eliagwu, the interview given by Lt. William Wulbe categorically stated that such nonsense never transpired. He rubbished the claim by calling it a bold face lie. He further stated that Lt. Col. F. Fajuyi was as good a target as Ironsi because the coup plotters of July 29, 1966 had alleged that Fajuyi was implicated in January 15, 1966 coup.

Again, for those who will knowingly fooled themselves in a quest to create a hero or attempt to justify their inability to stand up against aggressor through falsehood should understand that during coup d’état options to live or die do not exist.

@Dumb&daft dee1 or dippydee1

Biafran militant, all you do is hating. Go ahead and drink more of that Gatorade Hate-o-rade more and more. I told you I follow you Bumper to Bumper on this forum, where you start your tribal lashing (it’s gonna be between you and I). Just get off from any sensitive topic about tribes on this forum (I know that is your area of concentration). What did Yoruba tribe do for you? Don’t tell me we are the reason why your flunk past is affecting your bleak future; I don’t want to hear that shit, please back off!

You don’t have iota of common sense, if you think of war you better think of the future consequences, if not on your children but the coming generations. How would you think straight, when you are suffering from grandiose of delusion and paranoiac inferiority complex. Haba, you don’t feel shy, if the midgets among you are suffering from amnesia won’t the taller ones think straight?. Dumbass dede1, if the head is rotten the whole body is waste. You are the oldest and still devoid of common sense, pushing your younger ones to abysmal of peril. You are a disgrace to your generation, a super-fool if I found the right oxymoron for your jerk-ass.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Dede1(m): 7:56pm On Jul 30, 2009
@max

I appreciate your detailed input because it has also widened the depth of my knowledge on the subject matter.

@sherry Lo

Nonentities such as you had Africa in a perpetual downward spin. Get off your lazy ass and indulge in serious reading.

@illusion2
Even if you were dragged by the nose to Jesus, you still not recognize the prophet and probably call him Judas too.

@ sandee575 and Tpia.

I applaud both of you for having a considerable intellect to discern that a mere elementary school graduate could not concoct such a prose.

I have nothing against Fajuyi who was a progressive personality but would not hesitate to bring the truth to bear on the self-pleasing cowards that are trying to drag his name to the mud. I had to say that if Fajayi had been alive and still the governor of western region after July 29, 1966 coup, the civil war would have been averted and Nigeria would have been either divided into two or three countries.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by naijaking1: 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2009
Who's afraid of the truth?
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by nex(m): 9:15pm On Jul 30, 2009
I was just reading the story with complete indifference till I reached the part with the poetry and lyricism.

Kai! Journalists dey lie sha. "Like the dove to the pigeon"? This was definitely made up by a seasoned journalist.

But why all this propaganda at this time? Why all this confusion and lies right now?

During a bloody coup, there's nothing like volunteering to die. Once they come to where you are, so shall you die.

I don't know what this bedtime fantasy story is now supposed to do.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by sley4life(m): 10:58pm On Jul 30, 2009
is that possible
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by nuesaweso(f): 11:57pm On Jul 30, 2009
Its so funny some people are talking about English usage, prose and all sorts. . . shocked

Have you forgotten that these were first generation Nigerian soldiers who were trained in the UK? The best crop of them Nigeria ever produced, they learnt directly from the master not NDA FYI. So were they trained with pidgin English or vernacular? Guess there are too many kids on NL these days. . .

I can bet many of you didn't know we once had Pounds and Shillings as our currency in Nigeria . . . You definitley never knew we once drove on the LHS of the road like in the UK . . .You never knew that Europeans in their thousands used to travel to Lagos carnival in their summer, yes! right here in Nigeria. . .You probably didnt know Calabar was once capital of the nation as well amongst other things.

Why don't you cure your ignorance by:

Asking your lecturer . . . Oh ASUU is on strike
Consult archives in the public library . . .Do we really have? or NEPA
Go online and search for archives. . . .I'd rather facebook or twit or NL or NEPA
Ask Dad, Mum, Uncle or Aunt. . . .They are in the Senate/Rep far away in Abuja

I'm simply going to give up on you. lipsrsealed
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by okunoba(m): 4:39am On Jul 31, 2009
Ironsi should have done the right thing when he was in power, I blame him 4 most of the ethnic problems we are having in Nigeria today.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Nobody: 5:50am On Jul 31, 2009
what was Illusion2 getting at with his post?
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by equlibrium(m): 7:29am On Jul 31, 2009
banom:

may be him dey nack the presido daughter.
lol. . . . .
grin
u do hav a solid point der u knw?
grin grin grin
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Davecorn: 11:20am On Jul 31, 2009
You know at times when i think iof the days of old i just wish it could come back to us. If people like Fajuyi were to be alive today i'm very sure he will be contributing positively to our dearest country.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by gReenmAn(m): 3:55pm On Jul 31, 2009
“Its so funny some people are talking about English usage, prose and all sorts. . . Shocked

Have you forgotten that these were first generation Nigerian soldiers who were trained in the UK? Huh The best crop of them Nigeria ever produced, they learnt directly from the master not NDA FYI. So were they trained with pidgin English or vernacular? Guess there are too many kids on NL these days. . .

I can bet many of you didn't know we once had Pounds and Shillings as our currency in Nigeria . . . You definitley never knew we once drove on the LHS of the road like in the UK . . .You never knew that Europeans in their thousands used to travel to Lagos carnival in their summer, yes! right here in Nigeria. . .You probably didnt know Calabar was once capital of the nation as well amongst other things.

Why don't you cure your ignorance by:

Asking your lecturer . . . Oh ASUU is on strike
Consult archives in the public library . . .Do we really have? or NEPA
Go online and search for archives. . . .I'd rather facebook or twit or NL or NEPA
Ask Dad, Mum, Uncle or Aunt. . . .They are in the Senate/Rep far away in Abuja

I'm simply going to give up on you.[/b]

@ nues aweso

You seem to forget we still have some of these " first generation Nigerian soldiers who were trained in the UK" among us.
I never heard OBJ, Babangida, TY Danjuma et al speak such flowery english.
Certainly not Abacha who was also a contemporary of both Ironsi and Fajuyi.

No doubt, such Shakespearean dialogue was concocted by trained professionals.

By the way I see no need for the attempt at re writing this part of history, because the majority of
right thinking and progressive Nigerians laready regard Fajuyi and Ironsi as heroes.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Dede1(m): 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2009
@ nues aweso

Please take note that some of us who knew the facts from right sources about the allegation of Fajuyi choosing to die with Ironsi and termed it as ridicilous and conjectural crap where not born yesterday. It appears that you slid into over-sweeping assertion and pleasing mode with the old soldiers being trained in UK.

The soldiers like Ironsi, Bassey Ogundipe, Ademulogun, Fajuyi, Efffiong, Adebayo, Olutoye, Wey, etc rose in rank as enlisted men. They were standard six pupils when they joined the rank and file of Queen’s regiment. The six month training they received in MOMs, Aldershort, UK was mainly for military regimentation as an officer and in no form prepared them for essay competition. These groups of soldiers could not be compared with their counterparts who either graduated from famous secondary schools with Cambridge certificates (Cantab) or universities. 

I had hoped you work closely with USA kids who had high school diploma and joined the armed forces. It is not gain-saying that majority of them can not string two correct sentences together.

@gReenmAn

If their qualifications are based on academic paper, OBJ, TY Danjuma, Abacha and Babangida were more qualified than Fajuyi. At least, OBJ, TY Danjuma, Abacha and Babangida had high school diplomas. Fajuyi and Ironsi did not see the four walls of high school.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by nex(m): 6:27pm On Jul 31, 2009
Seriously, these propagandists should have simply skipped the shakespearean eulogy at least to make this lie more realistic.

Imagine Obasanjo and Danjuma having such a discussion.

Fajuyi was a great man, but let's not overpaint it.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by sley4life(m): 8:00pm On Jul 31, 2009
why?
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by thirdeye(m): 8:34pm On Jul 31, 2009
Fajuyi and Ironsi were heroes but not in this world will the most educated scholar talk with his friend at the brink of death. Common guys such statements are meant for movies and literatures not when you are faced with death.
Yes their statements could have meant the same statements we read but not as stated.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by laudate: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2009
Max Siollun, you don waka comot from Nigeria village square come enter here?? shocked

Anyway, na small question I wan ask you - did William Walbe kill Fajuyi & Ironsi?
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by grafikdon: 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2009
laudate:

Max Siollun, you don waka comot from Nigeria village square come enter here?? shocked

Anyway, na small question I wan ask you - did William Walbe kill Fajuyi & Ironsi?

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Chineke God of Umunwanyi!!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked

Na ghost?
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by bawomolo(m): 10:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
laudate:

get his book on amazon. it's worth it
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by nuesaweso(f): 1:47am On Aug 01, 2009
@Dede1

I really appreciate ur response though I could barely make sense out of some of the things you typed.

Dede1:

@ nues aweso

Please take note that some of us who knew the facts from right sources about the allegation of Fajuyi choosing to die with Ironsi and termed it as ridicilous and conjectural crap where not born yesterday.

Ur point exactly and ur right sources if you dont mind.

Dede1:

@ nues aweso

Please take note that some of us who knew the facts from right sources about the allegation of Fajuyi choosing to die with Ironsi and termed it as ridicilous and conjectural crap where not born yesterday. It appears that you slid into over-sweeping assertion and pleasing mode with the old soldiers being trained in UK.

Who am I trying to please? Did you mean to type over-sweeping assertion? Sir, I only stated a fact which many had ignored. Please refute the fact if you can.

Dede1:

The soldiers like Ironsi, Bassey Ogundipe, Ademulogun, Fajuyi, Efffiong, Adebayo, Olutoye, Wey, etc rose in rank as enlisted men. They were standard six pupils when they joined the rank and file of Queen’s regiment. The six month training they received in MOMs, Aldershort, UK was mainly for military regimentation as an officer and in no form prepared them for essay competition. These groups of soldiers could not be compared with their counterparts who either graduated from famous secondary schools with Cambridge certificates (Cantab) or universities.

Its so easy for you to list names to coerce us to believe that you know so much about the uniformed men. Was Fujuyi in the same set as some of these guys you listed here? You need to get your facts right cos you have you've just mixed up the chicken and guineafowls. This link might help http://www.kwenu.com/publications/siollun/1966_coup1.htm

You also mentioned that they were standard six pupils when they joined, or did you mean graduates? FYI Fajuyi was a clerk with the colonial masters before he joined the army. You probably forgot (or never knew) the six month training is for graduates or graduate equivalent qualifications, does that tell you anything?.

And you have suddenly turned "like a dove to a pigeon" to essay. I dont know how old you are, but I know in my primary school days, we did more than that. It was no rocket science cos standard was really high. You sounded as if you missed out of those glorious years.

Dede1:
I had hoped you work closely with USA kids who had high school diploma and joined the armed forces. It is not gain-saying that majority of them can not string two correct sentences together.

And how many Nigerian kids with high school diploma can string two correct sentences together? Will keep thinking about the relevance of your last statement to our discourse till I sleep off. Cheers
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by nuesaweso(f): 1:52am On Aug 01, 2009
gReenmAn:

@ nues aweso

You seem to forget we still have some of these " first generation Nigerian soldiers who were trained in the UK" among us.
I never heard OBJ, Babangida, TY Danjuma et al speak such flowery english.
Certainly not Abacha who was also a contemporary of both Ironsi and Fajuyi.

No doubt, such Shakespearean dialogue was concocted by trained professionals.

By the way I see no need for the attempt at re writing this part of history, because the majority of
right thinking and progressive Nigerians laready regard Fajuyi and Ironsi as heroes.

Abeg no vex o, how old are you?
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Dede1(m): 4:02am On Aug 01, 2009
@ nues aweso

The debate should not be dragged to the point of throwing challenges recklessly. However, I should try to contribute the little I know about military parlance. Even the link you posted points to an essay written by Maxsiollun who is also a contrarian to the bold face fallacy about Fajuyi willing to die with Ironsi. I suggest you checkout Maxsiollun’s post on page one.

Please be informed that enlisted men who have attained the ranks from corporal to sergeant major, depending on the age when such ranks were received, could be sent to officer’s cadet training at MOMs, Aldershort, UK. This training is termed short service course. Also, individuals with university degree are headed to the same short service course as the do enlisted men.

However, young secondary school leavers, with at least grade II, who had satisfied all the necessary requirements, were sent to Royal Military Academy, Sandhurst, UK for what the military called regular course and the duration is three years.

Please check the veracity of your source before opening a can of warm. For example, the link you posted had a section tagged “Bookish People” refereeing to soldiers who were university degree holders as of 1966. The section listed only six individuals but this is furtherer away from the truth than the eyes could see. It appears you hardly indulge in research of facts.

Again pal, we all venture to this forum to learn as well as correct certain wrong notions that have been nurtured as truth.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by sherrylo: 6:56pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ Dede1, you need some pills,I will recommend something for growing up, you fool. Your view is different from mine and that makes you naughty head go gaga? TRASH.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by MrNiceGuy5: 7:12pm On Aug 01, 2009
i wonder also oh, who we die for who in politics
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Dede1(m): 7:19pm On Aug 01, 2009
sherry lo:

@ Dede1, you need some pills,I will recommend something for growing up, you fool. Your view is different from mine and that makes you naughty head go gaga? TRASH.

It takes one drooling fool to recognize another. In subject of growing up, if you continue with this trend of display of ignorance as you had demonstrated on this tread you might meet your demise as ill-informed midget.

A trash will always appear better than a twisted eyesore such as you.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Ijawman(m): 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2009
As usual, Yoruba fake press at work and trying to hoodwink the unwary. The same way they claim that UI is the first Nigerian university. Fajuyi is a hero but dying for Ironsi? Hell no! He was privy to the first 1966 coup and his association with Nzeogwu and Ironsi, two Igbos with hausa enemity caused Fajuyi's death. Poem ko, onigbokigbo ni. Thank God the truth is out. Danjuma and others know best.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by theviper1: 9:42pm On Aug 01, 2009
the essence of social networking is to learn what u dont know. am one for learning anyday,it adds to the ones i know already. @Dede1 and @nues aweso, u guys have no need to be at each others throat, since the two of u really know atleast 90% of what u guys are saying.what am against is the foul-mouthed,uncultured and uneducated idiots who comes to NL to insult others and try to start tribal wars on NL. i pray that they meet with the fate of the "boko haram" sect leader. look whether the story about Fajuyi and Ironsi was concoted or not,the truth remains that both men where killed and they were very good men. the two different tribes should be proud to call them their brothers. it brings me to the other thread where i said that the yorubas have many unsong heros who should be celebrated and immortalized,not the Abiolas of this world.i also indicated that i have stayed in some yoruba cities and can speak very good yoruba. so i know alot of what obtains. ( cant say i know all) so let us celebrate the lives and times of these fine officers and gentlemen without rancour. though from ur postings,i can see that both of u are learned,matured and civilized men,unlike the oyibo wanna-bes that parade themselves on this forum without an iota of what the issue is all about or a simple common sense on what to write and post.
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by theviper1: 9:47pm On Aug 01, 2009
and please,these people who recycle the same words that they copied from somewhere all over the whole topics on NL should go and get a life. am tired of reading the same dumd-ass copied and stolen words over and over and over again. haba alhaji
Re: Fajuyi Volunteered To Die With Ironsi - Adedipe by Dede1(m): 10:39pm On Aug 01, 2009
@ the viper

I appreciate your comments and just as you said, there are few unsung heroes from Yoruba.

Who could be more unsung hero than Lt. Col. Ayo Ariyo? A Sandhurst trained combatant soldier who has nothing to loose in prosecuting the war against Biafrans yet this second-in-command of the 3MCDO of Nigerian army had to resign his army commission instead of fighting the Biafrans at Calaber.

What about Wole Soyinka? Wole is a man of decent academic depth who spent three years period of the civil war in jail for constituting opposition to the war of attrition against the Biafra.

I must applaud the Ijebu Ode peasant cocoa farmers who, against all odds, stood up against the mighty Nigerian army in1967 demanding cessation of hostility against Biafrans. In order to subdue the unsung heroes from Ijebu Ode, Gowon had to unleash the combined efforts of war-tested members of 8th Battalion and their veteran commander Major Ochefu on the farmers.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? / Boko Haram Threatens Kano State Gov We’ll Attack Kano If / Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.