Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,203 members, 7,811,543 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? (6698 Views)

Forbes Take On Kemi Adeosun, Nigeria's New Minister For Finance / Why Femi Falana Was Not Made A Minister - Sahara Reporters / President Jonathan "demotes" Aondoakaa To Minister Of Special Duties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by hillsate: 4:48pm On Feb 12, 2010
Please dont laugh at me. I dont think i have ever really heard of a minister of special duties. If i heard, then it never aroused my curiousity. I have followed keenly the buccal dysentery episodes of Aondoaka over the past 79 days. His if-you-are-smart-resign-now redeployment to special duties ministry got me curious. Please dont laugh at me, could fellow nairalanders help me with what really are the functions of a special duties minister. thank you.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by 9ijaprince(m): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2010
A lot, Cleaning of aso rock toilets,buying of generator diesel,etc every other menial duties assigned by the president.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by hillsate: 5:18pm On Feb 12, 2010
sure?
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by MyJoe: 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2010
It's been around for a while - I think it was IBB who introduced it around here to compensate a friend left out of the initial ministry sharing. He performs duties assigned by the President.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by egift(m): 5:54pm On Feb 12, 2010
It is a post if given to a new comer, he will go to church for testimony. But if you were the AGF, then it means that the Devil have abandoned you on the way (especially after a long time of working together on everything).
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2010
Aoandoaka should even thank his stars he was compensated with a ministerial job. Jonathan is an action man! Thats one quality a leader should possess.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by macnuel: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2010
permit me, but I've got to laugh smiley) but not at you Hillsate

What I don't get is why the guy is still hanging around? That post is like "get out of here before I change my mind". Well, at least he's put forward a request to go on leave
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by Nobody: 7:30pm On Feb 12, 2010
The one time i heard of the special duty ministry was last time independence day was celebrated. I think they are incharge of its preparation.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by stormm: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
@ Poster

Errand boy. It could also mean bench warmer, minister without ministry
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by rebranded(m): 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
if im right there are four types of Minister of Special Duties

Minister of Special Duties (Economic Affairs)
Minister of Special Duties( Inter-Governmental Affairs)
Minister of Special Duties (Special Projects)
Minister of Special Duties (Government Affairs and NDDC Monitoring)

I dont know which one Aondoaaka is but you can use it to have an idea what they do

N.B they are junior Ministers - as good as just there to be called Ministers
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by coolier(f): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2010
Redundancy.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 13, 2010
***siddon look***
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by monkeyleg: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2010
Really if we are serious we need to prune these inconsequential positions. We have to many ministarial offices, just avenues to chop money with very little monitoring. We need to get aour priorities right. Nigerians must not make this sort of mistake come next election we must all choose right and vote someone sensible, not all these junk material we have floating through corridors of power, not one decent stock.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by hillsate: 10:36am On Feb 13, 2010
Fellows, thank you for exposing me to the functions of a special duties minister even though it appears Aondoaka was only left threre just be called a minister. i see this as a demotion. A highly placed and the only constitutionally recognised minister now made one without a defined function. Does this men that Jonathan is punishing him for all the utterances he made and for being on yaradua's side and not Jonathans? Aondoaka never supported Jonathan being acting president, at least from his utterances. Does this also mean that Jonathan really wanted to be acting president and saw Aondoaka as an obstacle? please somebody help, this is all confusing!
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by hillsate: 10:39am On Feb 13, 2010
Fellows, thank you for exposing me to the functions of a special duties minister even though it appears Aondoaka was only left threre just be called a minister. i see this as a demotion. A highly placed and the only constitutionally recognised minister now made one without a defined function. Does this men that Jonathan is punishing him for all the utterances he made and for being on yaradua's side and not Jonathans? Aondoaka never supported Jonathan being acting president, at least from his utterances. Does this also mean that Jonathan really wanted to be acting president and saw Aondoaka as an obstacle? please somebody help, this is all confusing!
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by chrisical(m): 11:20am On Feb 13, 2010
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by rebranded(m): 11:33am On Feb 13, 2010
hillsate:

@Hillstate, where have you been? did you leave planet Earth and return

Aondoakaa has been interpreting the constitution to favor corrupt guys in government, he has shielded the most corrupt of corrupt people in Nigeria. Along with claiming there is no vacuum in the Presidency when everyone knows government cant run without a President. Amongst other things he brought shame to the law profession since the first day he was made AGF

hope that helps
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by stormm: 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2010
@hillsate

Political patronage persists. Orubebe was a minister for special duties. His major responsibility was lottery affairs( NSL). In d case of Aondoakaa, well ur guess is as good as mine
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by usbcable(m): 1:10am On Feb 14, 2010
he already has a job function that he performs assidously without fear or favor

The job of being the liaison officer between yarádua/turai and Nigeria.
what more honorable duty exists.

(shaking my head) the man is a thief and can now go and sit down to enjoy the fruits(lootings rather) of the last few 80 days.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by usbcable(m): 1:13am On Feb 14, 2010
to make it a multitasking role
---he cleans yar a$$ after he poos
---he helps him dial BBC number when next he feels he wants to talk to us
---he helps Judge Abutu and co to twist and turn the law/constitutions interpretation.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
shameless man
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by mansmith(m): 12:28pm On Feb 14, 2010
he is now the official boy boy of nigeria
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by Walert(m): 3:10pm On Feb 14, 2010
Since Aondoakaa is known to be popular wherever he finds himself, he is expected to use his legal gown to prevent putrid odour from coming out of Aso rock toilets.In that case, he can start defending houseflies why they always cause crisis whenever they see shit.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by MaiSuya(m): 3:16pm On Feb 14, 2010
Kai! what disgrace! If he has an iota of honor left - which is doubtful - he will resign that position.
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by hillsate: 6:26pm On Feb 14, 2010
wow, official boy boy of the nation. I hope when he comes back from his holiday in europe (or is it saudi), he resigns. how on earth would a normal human being face this kind of insulting demotion. A constitutionally recognised minister now one without a portfolio? thank you fellows for educating me. wow!
Re: Seriously, What Are The Functions Of A Minister For Special Duties? by Systrom(m): 10:55am On Nov 07, 2019
Interesting

(1) (Reply)

Air Nigeria Begins Direct Flights To Abuja, Enugu, Owerri / Bernard Ogedengbe And Others Destroyed Lives Too – Buhari / Was Dr. Chuba Okadigbo A Nigerian Political Prophet?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.