Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Unemployment in Nigeria - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Unemployment in Nigeria (30386 Views)

How I Overcame The Challenge Of Unemployment In Nigeria / How Can We Solve The Problem Of Unemployment In Nigeria / Real Questions About Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by d9jaboy: 10:02pm On Dec 25, 2007
Employment or no employment, I believe that everyone of us has one or more inherent talents to excel! And that means we just have look inside and discover it. ITS TIME we BELIEVE IN OURSELVES BECAUSE WE ARE DYNAMIC AND INFINITE IN POTENTIAL. Some have realized this FACT but OTHERS may not until probably when they are shown their way. That's why I have created a training to assist those (on low budget) who may be interested in making some money legitimately from the net with a free training either full-time or part-time at:

http://9jaboy..com/2007/12/money-is-here-read-now-and-be-rich.html

Pls note that this is not forex or MLM.

Lets all pray for a better 9ja. See you guys at the top.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by carpenter(m): 1:24pm On Jan 03, 2008
Very nice posts. I see some people keep repeating that people should get self-employed. Self-employment is not for everybody, some don't and they excel as employees.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by poseidon12: 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2008
Hi guys. I am thinking of using my toyota camry for taxi in Abuja. Anybody know how i can register with the hotels there? I plan to use it for hotel guests instead of regular town service. The taxis they use for regular town service in Abuja are smaller cars that are more fuel efficient. Thanks guys.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by ifele(m): 1:41am On Apr 23, 2009
1. Nigeria needs a new enlightenment. A new moral way of thinking. Our parasitic and exploitive way of thinking is backfiring.

About jobs, the government has the duty to task payers to provide them with jobs and protect their incomes.

Government has to stop creating illusions to delude the public like Abacha's housing for all by 2005 etc.

Government has a socio-economic contract with the public. To facilitate security and economic survival.

There is a gross mal-distribution of national wealth in Nigeria it must be solved or there will a revolution that will envelope the whole continent.

Criminal international capitalists and their kleptocrats in Nigeria are enforcing a poverty establishment policy so as to develop selected global initiatives and  world

control. Nigerian system is moving towards a cataclysmic turning point. All the frustrated disenfranchised peoples who were made docile by religious lies,

nationalism,threats of violence and even entertainment will start to coalesce into counter-establishment groups and its already happening. What they need now is

a sustainable reactionary ideology and there are people prepared to supply it to suit the Nigerian situation. Many of them are even here on Nairaland. And I wish

the reactionaries good luck.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2009
Lots of nice posts.
My own perspective is, due to imperialist control initially from the Western powers, and now from just about anybody with a different skin colour and some dollars to spend, which has fostered corruption and the lack of a credible political system, and any form of social system, Nigeria's economy is stagnated, and growing at the speed of snails, while the population is growing at light speed. But believe you me, the economy is growing, and things have improved a lot since the army boys took off. Maybe not as fast as we would have liked, but we are seeing some change.

We have a lot of entrepreneural drive in this country, far more than any other sub-saharan black nation. I've been round a few African countries with whom we share a similar fate, and the difference is clear. Just look at banking, which we control end to end, and you'll see the difference with other countries. I've been in some East African countries, and all you see around is StanChart and Barclays, banks that are struggling in Nigeria to compete, or don't even exist. With all the hue and cry about Ghana, you find that Nigerian presence is strongly felt in that economy, especially in financial services.

Which is why I feel that, with a possible evolution of a social system, and the enthronement of real democracy and free enterprise principles in Nigeria, the sky is our limit. Nigerians are enterprising and strongly competitive, and it is unfortunate that the enabling environment is not in place to support us. Just like we've seen in telecoms, once the government puts the right policies in place, Nigerians will be empowered, and will empower other Nigerians. Just imagine if we could have the same kind of government-private sector partnership in all the social infrastructure challenges; power, health, transportation, etc. Nigeria would not be the same.

That's my perspective.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by olomide: 3:45pm On May 05, 2009
High unemployment is a sad development in a country like ours that is so blessed with all abundance in all spheres of life.Having said that,i lost my own job last year to right sizing as they call it,with two kids to cater for and all.I though it was the end of the world for me.Along the line i was left with my head to think of what to do.I never believed in making money on the internet.I was always thinking it was for the dull and have-nothing-to -dos of our society.A friend now intro me to online surveys,paid to read/click emails,paid to view auctions.I relunctantly started it.I can tell you now that i have an office with my wife and i doing all the clicks and surveys.She resigned from her meager salaried teaching job to join me when she saw the hidden potentials.We now have 2 staff to support in this business.What am i saying in essence?.There are opportunuties online which i feel nigerians should try to explore,either youre working or jobless.Paid jobs cannot be guaranteed,especially now that the globe is melting economically.I will want to offer a particular type of my job to nairalanders free.I have earned from this site.Give it a try by sending a blank mail titled "job opportunity" to olu@resxa.com.you will receive instructions in the mails that will be sent to you afterwards.Make sure you check your junk mails too.As you sign up free youre paid 100euros instantly.and many more, Just go ahead and try it it may be your own turn to shine.Good luck everybody.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by slimes(m): 8:50pm On Sep 26, 2009
This is a serious issue among the best developed countries too. Our government is not left out even as they are becoming too insensitive to its citizens.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by Adanyebe(m): 1:16am On Sep 27, 2009
This issue of unemployment is disgustin. Nigerians re knwn 2 be very hardwrking. But one tin i cant undastand is the quite numba of them dat r stil unemployed. For me am lukin 4ward for an online biznes.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by titi4luv: 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2009
It is just too unfortunate for a great nation like ours to still be talking about unemployment. It is really sad at this point in time to know that the government is in no way supporting the economy so as to absorb the unemployed citizens. I want to say that the unemployment rate is not monitored by the government and they are doing next to nothing to monitor this rate. Monitoring will assist in planning and this will help in creating a way out of this mess.

For the unemployed out there, you may check out the link below as copied from a friend's email to see if your luck will shine.

www.brandnonstop.com/Jobnonstop
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by chineji(m): 11:52pm On Nov 12, 2012
ariel: I like what Ijebuman said, we could start by thinking out of the box instead of waiting for government, it's really not that easy though when we think of finances, but if we have good ideas we could sell it, we could get backers, i was thinking why not start with the corpers thinking out of the box instead of selling recharge cards, lets challenge our selves and look at the points ijebuman raised.
let me make something clear nigeria isn't cut out for that kind of crap solar powered gini when the graduates are unemployable have u gone to the unis do u know the excruciating conditions which students face and person dey talk solar shit one say no be goverment palava to provide work because una get soft landing mtcheeew
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by kayo12: 11:59am On Nov 13, 2012
CONGRATS YOU ALREADY HAVE A PMI CERTIFICATION OR YOU'RE HOPING TO ACQUIRE ONE SOON, WE CAN BE OF HELP TO YOU AS WE HAVE DONE TO MANY OTHERS 100% SUCCESSFULLY (ONLINE/GROUP/1-ON-1). CALL 08095679792, 08067261390 or msg

RISK MGT FOR PMs + PMI-RMP PREP- 30 PDU

SCHEDULING + MS PROJ/PRIMAVERA P6- 20 PDU

PROJECT M & E + EARNED VALUE MGT- 20 PDU

MANAGING PROJECTS IN NGO/NFP + LOGFRAME- 25 PDU

6-SIGMA PI + ASQ GREEN BELT CERT - 30 PDU

6-SIGMA PI + ASQ BLACK BELT CERT - 40 PDU

HEALTHCARE QUALITY CERT - 30 PDU

PMP/CAPM CERT
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by ehixking(m): 3:17am On Aug 21, 2013
Its really crazy that qualified and since you are not related to a" BIGMAN" you can't get a job...in the liget of these we are thinking of a way forward and the answer is NAUG

https://www.nairaland.com/1390376/national-association-unemployed-graduates-naug

Open the link and let's have your say on these
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by amba03: 11:09am On Aug 21, 2013
Register for free webhost at http://www.000webhosts.com/720523.html then request for a free webdesign training by sending an email to ambaconcepts@gmail.com.we shall reduce this unemployment.
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by Nobody: 1:07am On Aug 30, 2013
since 2006 we have been repeating the same thing. the problem still grows and persists. is it teeth that people will use to create job? the country is like a place were all categories of pigly humans move about without a sense of direction in a pigdom!
Re: Unemployment in Nigeria by gennylota: 5:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
MrBean:
@seun

Your entrepreneural skills are commendable
indeed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Akintola Williams Celebrates His 100th Birthday Today / Name The Best IT Institute In Name: NIIT, APTECH, KAROX / Grace Garba Is NAF First Female Air Warrant Officer (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.