Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,578 members, 7,812,878 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:11 PM

I Need Your Advice - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice (30235 Views)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by c0de007: 11:55am On Nov 05, 2021
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by oyetunjibaba: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2021
With 85k monthly,you still get debit!

I dedicate this FTC to all hustlers out there.
God bless our hustle.

127 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by Greatn3ss: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.
85k salary + side hustles and still complaining

Mr man shift back let's talk about we earning less than 50k

280 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by wunmi590(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2021

In this present day bubu economy, people don't leave their jobs, they switch jobs...

I know it might be difficult being around people who you feel don't love you, which might hamper your growth and productivity....

Goodluck in your decision

143 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by slawormiir: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us

196 Likes 21 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by brosom(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Except u get handiwork A.k.a skill, then u can quite peacefully.

But if u no get, and not sure about any other job at the moment plz don't quite, rather take with u original correct sound earphones or pod dey cover ur ear to avoid listening who's gossiping about u.

After all gossip propel us to hustle more.

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by damosade(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
That 85k salary sounds like contract job in banking sector?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by ChizzyBuna(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Yno
Re: I Need Your Advice by Hemanwel(m): 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
You are still 26 - single. You have a job and a side hustle. You are doing much better than a lot of your age mates and some married men, and all you could think of is to complain?

You want to now quit your job of 85k/month because of gossips??

Bros, you get problem oh! Moreso, you are a big time ingrate!!

123 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
So much things going on in workplaces lately but u need a back up before quitting

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by Beiii: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Don’t quit until you find a better place.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by HEAVEN4444: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
cheesy
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
You should be grateful and mind your business at work place. Grumbling and Rumbling won't give you an edge to a better opportunity, seize the one you have and make use of it. Don't forget to get earphone to block your ears from gossips at work place.
You can throw your CV open on job portal sites. Gradually okay.

21 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by bigdammyj: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
No problem

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by MangekyoAlt: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
undecided hope you have an alternative

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by DAVIDMOE(m): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Gossip and cold war is something that many people witness in their workplaces; even in the church. I will advise that you play the game. Don't feel like a victim of that gossip and war shît. Rather play the game like a boss, but if you can't play it, just find your place and lay low till you find another job.
Only think about traveling abroad when you have acquired a good tech skill. It will help you over there.

35 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by Ashawosboifrien: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Village people don de sing this one name

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by OnlineArchitect: 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
I wouldn't advise you quit your job since ur side hustle alone can't foot your bill. Concentrate on your job and give no listening ear to side talks,concentate on your job since its the primary reason you're there. This is Nigeria there's hardly a place where are are no side talks or cold war. keep applying for other jobs and luck may shine on you one day then you can quite knowing you have something to rely on.

BTW
We're readily available to handle your building designs and construction projects.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by Rajman45(m): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ur post no follow road

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by maureensylvia(f): 5:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lol

You're funny, do you know how many people that wishes to be in your shoes despite the constant yabbings.

NIGERIA is not a place where mental is paid much attention to, you don't even have a job at hand to hold on after you quit and you're thinking of resigning.

And if you don't get a job and live in debts na there you go see more insults.

I see you're soft, toughen up bro!

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by STEWpid(f): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Why will you submit to wars?? Or is this just a make up story??

Is like you have people that fund you?

Others should drop because of me, not me because of others.

The kingdom of God suffereth violence and through violence they taketh it by force.

We die there.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by alizma: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Is either you are among those gossiping or you don't even have the potential to contribute significantly to the organization in question.
I don't pay attention to gossips wherever I work. I deliver on my assignment and get out when it's closing time. I also don't have close friends and I don't discuss people negatively when they are not there. If I am angry over something you did wrong, I will tell you straight to your face, if I can't tell you, I forgive you or keep it to myself and move on.
Even when owner of the company is a party to the gossip, he/she will quickly noticed that I have boundary against. what I own him/her is the service I am being paid for which in my own principle, exclude gossip. If he doesn't like it that way, he either fire me or I resigned, depending on who act first among the two of us.

22 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by Klington: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Fear has two meanings....

F=Forget
E=Everything
A=and
R=Run

Or

F=Face
E=Everything
A=and
R=Rule.

Some notable billionaires of today faced different challenges, some dropout of school but the end is what matters.
The decision is entirely yours.
You're young.

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by FalseProphet1(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
The reason why that money isn't enough for you is because you spend recklessly on women, drinks and other irrelevant stuffs. Cut your irrelevant spendings and that money will be more than enough for you.

If you resign without securing employment elsewhere, you will understand the true meaning of gossip, cos your neighbors will gossip about how you stay at home all day eating your parents food.

This I have seen.

36 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by cutebobo(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
And you think where you are heading to is any way better. U berra stay and earn your money jejeli

4 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by JesusBorn: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Getout

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by ChEkWaSIyKe(f): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Don't quit yet until you get a better offer or open your own business. But wait oh... 85k you dey complain for this regime. Think twice.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
If you ain't comfortable quit..don't deprive your mental wellness cos of money...but make sure you have an alternative..

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by faoogoke(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
You are 26 years old without wife and children yet 85k is small for you.
Bro you are in big trouble.
Overseas is definitely not for your type.
A bird at hand is worth more than two in the Bush.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by GboyegaD(m): 5:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
Why not try to develop yourself while on this job? Also, spread your tentacles and try to get something that fetches you the opportunities you want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NNPC Set To Sack 1,100 Staff / Meet Ajara Damusa, A Slay Queen Who Is A Welder / Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.