Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,052 members, 7,814,619 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos (20729 Views)

I Never Said Fuel Scarcity Will End By April 7th - Kachikwu / Presidency Counters Tinubu On Kachikwu, Fuel Scarcity / Fuel Scarcity Will Persist Till May–kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by gogodaye(m): 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
After calling us out as panic buyers who hoard fuel in our homesteads.......
After boisterously asserting that the NNPC has strategic reserves to last between 60-90 days to allay our fears of scarcity and non availability of refined petroleum products to make the rounds......
We have today been confessed to that these were all lies and that for the past 20 years the NNPC has never held any strategic reserve to last between 60 - 90 days as they'd previously asserted......
These guys suffer from a dearth of trust & integrity deficits.....
This ain't no joke......

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by pat077: 6:21pm On Apr 05, 2016
This is the first time i will see Nigerians queueing with their generator at the gas station. This is pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by sinistermind(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2016
Kachukwu the magician, Shey he knows that tomorrow is wednesday.
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by ShowYourCertificate: 6:29pm On Apr 05, 2016
Keneking:

What part of the report did you not understand?
It's not about understanding Kachukwu's comment but about using your brain to critically analyse his comment to ascertain it's feasibility and plausibility.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by KingRex1(m): 6:34pm On Apr 05, 2016
2weeks ago he denied nd said he neva mentioned April 7th as deadline.. Are we to believe him this time?
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by scholes23(m): 6:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
Tomorrow is Wednesday. #FingersCrossed
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by macherie1: 6:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
Mr. Kachikwu, how about you tell us what caused the fuel scarcity in the first place. This government is running Nigeria like a private business. A sensible government in a reasonable country will explain what the situation is with a feasible plan of action on how to solve it. Don't give us " we need to do this and that story". Just get to work!!!! If you can't do the job step down. What is so difficult about making fuel available in a country that is amongst the few oil producing countries in the world for heaven's sake??
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by SUMIC247(m): 6:54pm On Apr 05, 2016
Story for the gods
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by omohayek: 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2016
It's good to see Kachikwu openly state the true solution to the perennial fuel shortages: deregulation and privatization. This isn't the first time he's saying it - I remember him suggesting it more than 6 months ago, only to shut up after Buhari made clear his opposition - but I hope that Kachikwu's bringing it up now is a sign that the old coup plotter in Aso Rock has finally accepted that there is no other long-term solution.

The pity is that it should have taken this stubborn old man so long, and so much needless mass suffering, to finally accept that his more-qualified subordinates might actually know what they're talking about. A politician who had bothered to do his economics homework during his 30 years in the wilderness would already have understood what was required on his first day in office, and 9 months would have been more than enough time for the private sector to step up to the challenge if Buhari had given the go-ahead right after assuming office.
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
omohayek:
It's good to see Kachikwu openly state the true solution to the perennial fuel shortages: deregulation and privatization. This isn't the first time he's saying it - I remember him suggesting it more than 6 months ago, only to shut up after Buhari made clear his opposition - but I hope that Kachikwu's bringing it up now is a sign that the old coup plotter in Aso Rock has finally accepted that there is no other long-term solution.

The pity is that it should have taken this stubborn old man so long, and so much needless mass suffering, to finally accept that his more-qualified subordinates might actually know what they're talking about. A politician who had bothered to do his economics homework during his 30 years in the wilderness would already have understood what was required on his first day in office, and 9 months would have been more than enough time for the private sector to step up to the challenge if Buhari had given the go-ahead right after assuming office.

You are right.

But you know what happened last time deregulation was suggested.

Nigerians went out to the streets protesting.

And all politicians saw and took note.

The same idea was mooted in 2006.....and most Nigerians cried out that the govt was being too insensitive.

So long as we cannot get rid of our psychological addiction to low fuel prices at the pump.....
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2016
lonelydora:
Wednesday na tomorrow ooooo. E no far again.

Please I don't want to regret voting for PMB. My friends are now making a mockery of me.

I can relate grin

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by omohayek: 7:11pm On Apr 05, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

You are right.

But you know what happened last time deregulation was suggested.

Nigerians went out to the streets protesting.

And all politicians saw and took note.

The same idea was mooted in 2006.....and most Nigerians cried out that the govt was being too insensitive.

So long as we cannot get rid of our psychological addiction to low fuel prices at the pump.....

The great irony is that the non-subsidized price of 150 Naira, which was so strongly opposed then, is actually lower than the current 200-400 Naira black-market price, even though the world price for oil is down from $120/barrel to less than $40/barrel ...

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Worksunlimited: 7:14pm On Apr 05, 2016
adonismuller:
He will deny it....

Except he's not related to APC

Btw....
Am I the only one who have noticed that even with all these restiveness in the country "the minister of petroleum" (Buhari) has not even bothered to address the nation?

Is it that he don't care about the populace or going abroad to charge his phone is more important?

Well,I hope the ZOMBIES are enjoying the CHAINge?

Once a soldier always a soldier...GENERAL MOHAMADU Buhari

Nna! The man hasn't finished touring the world... Na when e finish to burn our hard earned money he would remember that his source of funds are suffering deeply..
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Oblak(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2016
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef...

Jonathan could not build a strategic reserve in the last administration. Great job Kachukwu...tomorrow is already here just 12hours from now.

Jonathan was paying the operators directly from the Treasury. undecided But now, funds are being sourced elsewhere.

Under Jonathan, PPPRA always finger the price template and award subsidy to operators most times but now there are plans to professionalise the service.

Abeg Nwayi Owerri put two plates of Nkwobi for me. Make vex no wound person. Jonathan sef embarassed

shut up your dirty mouth. That's how your zombie brother Tinubu blamed GEJ for this current suffering without proffering any solution. Now that they are in power, what have they done or will do to end this mess?

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by uchealo(m): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2016
but we have been hearing too many deadline from this man how can one believe all this bla bla bla
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by esan1(m): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2016
These people think we are fools abi? Buhari and his men should continue their promise.
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by miqos02(m): 9:41pm On Apr 05, 2016
I hear
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Nobody: 11:03pm On Apr 05, 2016
luvinhubby:
We have heard too many deadlines, just shut up & give us fuel.

Anoda angu
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by naija247: 11:51pm On Apr 05, 2016
Wuch kain talk be this? Na when me way dey Adamawa go see fuel buy? Abi na only Abj and Lagos dey naija?
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by udy4real(m): 12:20am On Apr 06, 2016
chimah3:
When I said this man was stewpeed... angry angry
He denied that he said such earlier undecided
Now he is re-saying it cus he has seen the queues are no more.

So we should clap for him

Stewpeed man!!! undecided

Where are d queues no more?
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by truthspeaks: 1:05am On Apr 06, 2016
OK oo. Even ur master buhari is so dull he has 2 ask u (his zombies) to always heap blame on jonathan, ably led u. We even knw in ur mind dat u hv lots of doubt abt ur master. Hp u got fuel @ ur backyard for #87 per litre. #ode
Keneking:
But where is lalasticlala sef...

Jonathan could not build a strategic reserve in the last administration. Great job Kachukwu...tomorrow is already here just 12hours from now.

Jonathan was paying the operators directly from the Treasury. undecided But now, funds are being sourced elsewhere.

Under Jonathan, PPPRA always finger the price template and award subsidy to operators most times but now there are plans to professionalise the service.

Abeg Nwayi Owerri put two plates of Nkwobi for me. Make vex no wound person. Jonathan sef embarassed

Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by opribo(m): 1:40am On Apr 06, 2016
This is the most irresponsible, insensitive, callous and inept government I have ever come across in my life
Can anyone give me one good reason why the so called president feeding fat on tax payers funds has not deemed it fit to address the nation at such a monumental embarrassment caused by their lack of innovation to pull us out of the fuel crisis situation.

For the mere fact that they finally did what a proactive leadership ought to have done ab jnitio shows clearly that this are wicked and deadly creatures manning the affairs of this country. With the protracted suffering I still wonder why organised labour haven't deemed it necessary to call out workers.
Transportation cost is astronomical and it has affected the cost of food and other items in the market yet the government is going about as if its a non issue. Something that cuts across the entire country.

Now I believe some people own this country called Nigeria if this can happen and Nigerians tolerate it and absorb this self inflicted punishment without qualms.

Some now the president will shamelessly jet out again on a merry go round. Wonder whether he reads the eyes of his hosts.

Its about time somebody checks these quacks before they drive us all into the lagoon
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by cycluse: 5:03am On Apr 06, 2016
I'm very sure all this guys are not sleeping about how to grow nigeria, we need to give them more time and be patient with them
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Obamina(m): 6:21am On Apr 06, 2016
I am nodding my head not in agreement with what he said but just to remind myself how much lies i have held in one year of APC. Today is the day he said.
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by karrengold(f): 7:54am On Apr 06, 2016
talk is cheap....enough of this epistle.we are tired of it all..we want to see good results
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by Raphaelmary(m): 8:12am On Apr 06, 2016
na today nah, abeg d tin don end?
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by makavele: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2016
Raphaelmary:
na today nah, abeg d tin don end?

if i hear .. . . .
Re: Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos by alaskido(m): 10:34am On Apr 06, 2016
Na so him go talk and later deny it again. I am tired of this country.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Day At Abuja House, London / Boko Haram Attacks Ajilari In Borno State - Ahmad Salkida / Eko Disco Announces 5-day Power Outage In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.