Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! (31040 Views)

Why God Is Patient And Merciful / Top Five Reasons why God Didn't Create The Universe / 10 Reasons Why GOD Allows Suffering On His People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:07am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

So did he disobey his own laws in this instance or not?

God gave the law to humans - "You shall not kill "

1. He was not referring to himself

2. This does not apply to the Justice System - where a criminal gets death as his verdict .

3. This does not apply during self defense

etc .

God is an established authority and whomever he chooses to carry out the verdict passed on a wicked person , group , nation is a divine executioner . Same can be found in law courts . Israel was chosen to be the rightful executioner to exterminate the wicked nations .
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 8:09am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I have repented from the evil - I have decided to show them mercy .
Huh??
"I repent me of the evil I have done unto you" = "I show you mercy"??

shocked grin grin
Hopeless!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 8:14am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Boko Haram is an Islamic group with a common ideology - Western education is bad . Nigeria Army decimates them like everyday as ordered by President Buhari . So I am right to call it a genocide . At least AgentofAllah agrees with me

Err..no, I don't. If you read my last but one post, my argument is quite the contrary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Can you provide the sentence in which I mentioned rape?

Forcefully deflowering a woman is rape .

Now, back to the main point before you start chasing rabbits with straw man.

Genocide (CPPCG definition): Any act committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group.

You may want to argue that this definition applies to BH because they are a religious group, but the operative word in that definition is "intent". The intent of the order to destroy BH has nothing to do with their religious convictions, but with their criminal activities. If you don't know this, your worldview is enshrouded in a reality distortion field. It would be genocide if the army targeted women, children and civilian sympathisers of BH.

AgentofAllah - your username tho .

Anyway .

Deuteronomy 9:5

"It is not for your righteousness or for the uprightness of your heart that you are going to possess their land, but it is because of the wickedness of these nations that the LORD your God is driving them out before you, in order to confirm the oath which the LORD swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob

Deuteronomy 12:31
"You shall not behave thus toward the LORD your God, for every abominable act which the LORD hates they have done for their gods; for they even burn their sons and daughters in the fire to their gods.

Those countries- men , women and children - were exterminated because of their abominable acts . Seeds - infants - from the nation had the propensity to continue in the ways of their fathers .

As seen clearly in

Psalm 51:5

5 Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me.

and

Psalm 58:3
3 The wicked are estranged from the womb;they go astray from birth, speaking lies.

Since God is a just entity I believe the innocent children will make heaven . Remember the purpose of man on earth is to unite with his creator for eternity in Heaven . Children naturally can't discern between right and wrong so God saved them from committing evil in the future by taking their lives , I presume . God made use of his foreknowledge to save them from eternal damnation for they have that innate possibility to go astray - in the ways of their fathers .

Christians also pray to God to take their lives if there is certainty of them making Heaven at all times . Also note that Christ admonishes Christians to be ready at all times .

Matthew 24 :4

"For this reason you also must be ready; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will.

I see a correlation ... do you ?
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:40am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Huh??
"I repent me of the evil I have done unto you" = "I show you mercy"??

shocked grin grin
Hopeless!!

There is no change of nature , only his conduct towards man .

I would have loved to explicate that particular verse but you are an atheist so errmm ... its a complete waste of time cool
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 9:01am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Forcefully deflowering a woman is rape .
You still haven't provided the part of my comment where I mentioned rape (or forceful deflowering). You know your problem? You'd rather spend your brain resource on conjuring imaginary arguments to debunk than understanding simple grammatical syntax. Let me help you understand: In my comment, "to kill" was the verb, "children and deflowered women" was the nominal phrase. Go read it again.

Those countries were exterminated because of their abominable acts . Seeds from the nation had the propensity to continue in the ways of their fathers .
Wow! So you see nothing wrong in killing children whose only wrong was committing the unforgivable crime of being accidentally born to a certain community? With this mentality, you'll fit right in with BH.

Since God is a just entity I believe the innocent children will make heaven . Remember the purpose of man on earth is to unite with his creator for eternity in Heaven . Children naturally can't discern between right and wrong so God saved them from committing evil in the future by taking their lives , I presume . God made use of his foreknowledge to save them from eternal damnation for they have that innate possibility to go astray - in the ways of their fathers .
*face palm* BH alert

Christians also pray to God to take their lives if there is certainty of them making Heaven at all times . Also note that Christ admonishes Christians to be ready at all times .

Matthew 24 :4
What has this got to do with genocide?

I see a correlation ... do you ?
No, I don't! What I see, without intending this to be an ad-hominem invective, is a confused asfuq genocidal lunatic. Disheartening!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:03am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I guess its not morally acceptable for the Nigeria Army to decimate Boko Haram . undecided . Buhari made the order tho , but hey its genocide

No it's not. Don't you know what genocide is. genos is greek for Race. -cide, therefore the obliteration of a race.

I don't even know what ethnic group bokoharam members are, or if they are from one single ethnic group but let's say they are hausa. Genocide would be the killing of every hausa man woman and child the soldiers came across, and not just members of a criminal organisation like Boko Haram.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:16am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:
You still haven't provided the part of my comment where I mentioned rape (or forceful deflowering). You know your problem? You'd rather spend your brain resource on conjuring imaginary arguments to debunk than understanding simple grammatical syntax. Let me help you understand: In my comment, "to kill" was the verb, "children and deflowered women" was the nominal phrase. Go read it again.

Ok then So where were women deflowered

Wow! So you see nothing wrong in killing children whose only wrong was committing the unforgivable crime of being accidentally born to a certain community? With this mentality, you'll fit right in with BH.

We are talking of a deity who has the supreme authority and knowledge of everything . God is prescient - he has the ability to know the outcome of future events ; he has the foreknowledge of everything . Assuming the kids had grown up to be like their fathers , they would still be killed anyway but end up in Hell . Man's purpose in life is the union of himself and his creator till eternity in Heaven . God's foreknowledge saved those children from eternal damnation . No be when person die im go take heaven undecided . Children who die from diseases or in whatever circumstance also make heaven .

*face palm* BH alert

Seriously ?

What has this got to do with genocide?

No, I don't! What I see, without intending this to be an ad-hominem invective, is a confused asfuq genocidal lunatic. Disheartening!

I am trying to get to the root of God's purpose for His actions . I believe you understand the message , whatever that comes from you now is disingeniousness
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:18am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Ok then So where were women deflowered

Dis guy and 'deflower' shaaaaaa!!!!! Have you had sex recently?
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:23am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

Dis guy and 'deflower' shaaaaaa!!!!! Have you had sex recently?

Sex ? grin . I am not married wink

AgentofAllah made claims , I just want him to prove his claims with the bible . You guys just throw accusations without proof . Is that how you assure yourself that God does not exist . Is there a need to assure yourself of your unbelief in God .
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:23am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I am trying to get to the root of God's purpose for His actions
. I believe you understand the message , whatever that comes from you now is disingeniousness

Na now you just dey talk truth. You are 'trying' to get to the root of God. I'm not saying you shouldn't try, but God is more than all the mental gymnastics that you can demonstrate. And it is very mendacious of you to present your attempts as a foolproof certain fact of the matter when in fact you are as far from knowing or understanding God's actions as infinity is from zero. (or perhaps as infinity is from minus infinity).

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:26am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sex ? grin . I am not married wink

1Corinthians 7

9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:29am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

Na now you just dey talk truth. You are 'trying' to get to the root of God. I'm not saying you shouldn't try, but God is more than all the mental gymnastics that you can demonstrate. And it is very mendacious of you to present your attempts as a foolproof certain fact of the matter when in fact you are as far from knowing or understanding God's actions as infinity is from zero. (or perhaps as infinity is from minus infinity).

"... when in fact you are as far from knowing or understanding God's actions ..." - how do you know that I am not in line with the intent of God's actions . You don't believe in God - you are certain he does not exist - so how do you know that I am wrong
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by freecocoa(f): 9:29am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Awww ... oya take handkerchief and wipe those tears . But I'm right na . Which moral guide leads the atheist ? The atheists let the society tell them what's wrong or right . Like

1. Abortion
2. Homosexuality
3. Prostitution

These depravities are legal in some countries . If an atheist should oppose these laws , by what standard is his judgement deemed right or wrong

Baby girl , you can leave me in awe with your response .
Na wa o.

What exactly makes the listed depravities? Is the pertinent question.

The standard is very simple, people have a right to decide how to lead the lives, so long as they are not hurting/cheating anyone, a person's feelings on such issues is not important.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 9:30am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no change of nature , only his conduct towards man .

I would have loved to explicate that particular verse but you are an atheist so errmm ... its a complete waste of time cool
Well, don't bother, you're not terribly complex to figure out. In a lot of ways, you're the personification of your god. Your word is the objective truth, no matter how many blindingly obvious facts it contradicts.

Your god: I'm a good god = go kill women and children for belonging to a tribe I hate.

You: To repent from one's evil = showing mercy to the victims of the said evil.

It doesn't take an imaginative stretch to conclude that you and your god are one and the same! You see, man wasn't created in god's image. God was created in man's image!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:34am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

1Corinthians 7

9 But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion.

I am not filled with concupiscence so I cannot succumb to the sexual appeal from women . Marriage obviates falling into the temptation of fornication . "Burn with passion" - filled with strong sexual desire - concupiscence or lechery .
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:37am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Your god: I'm a good god = go kill women and children for belonging to a tribe I hate.

Can you provide biblical proof for this ?
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:42am On Apr 12, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

It doesn't take an imaginative stretch to conclude that you and your god are one and the same! You see, man wasn't created in god's image. God was created in man's image!

1. So which god was created in the image of Hilter , Mao , Stalin , Kim Jong , Pol Pot , Napoleon

2. Who/what created life in man or bestowed him with the intelligence to create a concept that he flounders to understand fully

Dont put yourself in a difficult situation you cant extricate yourself from .
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by freecocoa(f): 9:44am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sissy cocoa . I didn't do any wrong . He said :

Genocide

Boko Haram is an Islamic group with a common ideology - Western education is bad . Nigeria Army decimates them like everyday as ordered by President Buhari . So I am right to call it a genocide . At least AgentofAllah agrees with me
of course you are right, it's genocide.

What I don't understand and shaking my head at, is you comparing that with what the tyrant upstairs did.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:49am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

1. So which god was created in the image of Hilter , Mao , Stalin , Kim Jong , Pol Pot , Napoleon

2. Who/what created life in man or bestowed him with the intelligence to create a concept that he flounders to understand fully

I'm sure there are many gods, one for each of the above mentioned. Hitler will have his own made in his own image, so will Stalin and Mao etc. That's there wonderful thing about imaginary beings. You can have as many as you can … err… imagine.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I am not filled with concupiscence so I cannot succumb to the sexual appeal from women . Marriage obviates falling into the temptation of fornication . "Burn with passion" - filled with strong sexual desire - concupiscence or lechery .

Right, so you are gay. That makes even more sense. Trus'me, my brother, it's alright. No need to feel guilty for your natural tendencies.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:51am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Right, so you are gay. That makes even more sense. Trus'me, my brother, it's alright. No need to feel guilty for your natural tendencies.

No need to try to compensate with religious bigotry. etc….
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 9:52am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

AgentofAllah made claims , I just want him to prove his claims with the bible . You guys just throw accusations without proof . Is that how you assure yourself that God does not exist . Is there a need to assure yourself of your unbelief in God .
What your bible says:
Numbers 31:18 : Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man (I.e. Deflowered women)

What I said:
...an order <to kill>{verb} <children and deflowered women>{Noun}

Please, don't make me do that again, I feel embarrassed!
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:55am On Apr 12, 2016
freecocoa:
Na wa o.

The standard is very simple, people have a right to decide how to lead the lives, so long as they are not hurting/cheating anyone, a person's feelings on such issues is not important.

Baby boo that's a rather shallow moral guide to live by . Just hold on let me show you

1. Abortion - termination of life (murder) , can lead to the death of the woman - this can bring sorrow to her family members , friends and her loved ones .

2. Homosexuality - unnatural , sexual immorality , disgusting , can be associated with a a mental illness or psychiatric disorder , can lead to rape of a fellow unwilling male

3. Prostitution - sexual immorality , promotes infidelity - this had led to the breakdown of marriages ; causes emotional pain to the wife and children will be psychologically affected by the divorce as the case may be , demeaning , lead to spread of STDs - these diseases lead to death e.g HIV/AIDS , unsuspecting innocent wife can be infected

What exactly makes the listed depravities? Is the pertinent question.

Because I live by a moral guide given by God - the law giver , the embodiment of moral good . His law clearly indicates the aforementioned as depravities and so they are .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 9:55am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

"... when in fact you are as far from knowing or understanding God's actions ..." - how do you know that I am not in line with the intent of God's actions . You don't believe in God - you are certain he does not exist - so how do you know that I am wrong

Because thus far all you have been able to present are inanities, contradictions and depravities to represent God.

A good example your mendacity is that I am 'certain he does not exist'. Who told you that? No doubt the God you worship who is in fact just a projection of yourself.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by winner01(m): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Thanks bro . You too . I have experienced same before tho . It will take care of itself somehow tho
Yeah bro, besides that, these past few days has been so tight, with my supervisor pushing his students on me and travelling and work and all. you done with your defence now right?.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:03am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

No need to try to compensate with religious bigotry. etc….

grin grin . Gosh I am not gay . Homosexuality is not natural . I love women and of course as a real man have sexual desires cheesy grin . I cant be licentious because God's law restrains me from doing so . As that particular verse of the bible commands , I will have to marry to be involved in any sexual experience . Married to a woman of course
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by PastorAIO: 10:05am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

grin grin . Gosh I am not gay . Homosexuality is not natural . I love women and of course as a real man have sexual desires cheesy grin . I cant be licentious because God's law restrains me from doing so . As that particular verse of the bible commands , I will have to marry to be involved in any sexual experience . Married to a woman of course

Yeah Right!
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:05am On Apr 12, 2016
winner01:
Yeah bro, besides that, these past few days has been so tight, with my supervisor pushing his students on me and travelling and work and all. you done with your defence now right?.

Stay strong bro . God is in charge . The defence was postponed - till May .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:11am On Apr 12, 2016
freecocoa:
of course you are right, it's genocide.

What I don't understand and shaking my head at, is you comparing that with what the tyrant upstairs did.

Upstairs ? The one in the SKY ? Of course he is a tyrant , CLOUDgoddess loves such men so she got married to one . smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by AgentOfAllah: 10:17am On Apr 12, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not sure which gods they created in their respective images because I never had the chance to converse with them. However, I'm sure their gods give yours a run for its brutality

Floundering to understand fully, a concept which you created and assert as truth, can hardly be thought of as intelligence by any stretch of definition of that word.

Oh please, don't flatter yourself.
Re: Reasons Why God Is Not Subject To His Own Laws ! by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:19am On Apr 12, 2016
PastorAIO:

Because thus far all you have been able to present are inanities, contradictions and depravities to represent God.

A good example your mendacity is that I am 'certain he does not exist'. Who told you that? No doubt the God you worship who is in fact just a projection of yourself.

Why are you ambivalent concerning God - you have conflicting beliefs about God and you cant decide which way . I saw your argument on the "What is nature exactly " thread - you agreed that nature was designed .

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Apostle Kingrich Reveals Danger In Olamide's Music Career / Meet Brian Deacon The Man Who Acted Jesus Of Nazareth / Etcetera Writes Pastor Chris Oyakhilome An Open Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.