Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,464 members, 7,843,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Nigerian Pastors And Thier Love For Tithes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Pastors And Thier Love For Tithes (428 Views)

Funky Wedding Invitation Of Two Nairalanders And Thier Cute Wedding Pictures / Man Calls Pre-wedding Pictures Haram, His Love For Erotic Pictures Gets Exposed / Girls And Thier Wierd Photograph Pose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors And Thier Love For Tithes by jarviskennedy: 4:31am On Apr 06, 2016
In those good old days, you can clearly distinguish a Christian from an unbeliever. But today, the church is becoming worldly while the world is becoming churchy.

People give their lives to Christ on Sunday morning and in the evening they retrieve their lives from Christ and head towards the nearest hotel or beer parlour!!! Personally, I blame our pastors for this.

During church services, you hear pastors saying “if you don’t pay your tithe, things must be tithe for you” and then I ask them “show me where it is written in the bible”. It is really painful to see pastors emphasizing on tithes and lay little emphasis on the salvation of souls.

A pastor once told me “my son, empty your account and bring it to the church” and I asked him “sir, are you an insurance company?” Why must I empty my account and bring it to the church when there are poor people around me who are desperately in need?

Nowadays, the church would organize a programme and invite patience ozokwor as a guest minister!!!! Na wa ooooooo. Pastors do this because they know that many people would turn up for the programme just to see the nollywood actress; the more people turn up, the more tithes and offerings are being collected.

Prior to this time, the focus of the church was “heaven” and when a programme was organised, the theme was usually “heaven and hell is real” But these days, a 21st century pastor would organise a programme and you see these kinds of themes:

1. back to back, your enemies must die!!!!

2. that devil is a mother fucker

3. become prosperous or die trying

4. leave me alone and let me drive my car, etc

Some of you might criticise my opinion but ask yourself these question “You pay your tithes to the church; from the income generated, the church builds schools and yet the poor members of the church cannot afford the school fees. In your honest opinion, do you think this is right?”

The church is supposed to be a place of worship for Christians to learn from the bible and try to be Christ-like and not a place where pastors enrich themselves, buy exotic cars or even private jets.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE VISIT: http://www.infongr.com/2016/04/the-21st-century-pastor.html#more

(1) (Reply)

Where's Irunoboo? I've Missed Her. / THE MOST ROMANTIC Way To Show Love / 7 Serious Questions To Ask About Your Love Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.