Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? (28116 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by daveyjay(m): 10:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by herkzprince(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

N y did u mention ur real name here?

Google it ..Bro
Argument of the day.
Wikipedia : I know everything. Google : I have everything. Facebook : I know everybody. Internet : Without me, you are all nothing. NEPA: Keep talking …we shall see.

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Chidizman(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
OP why did you disclose your identities here knowing fully well that your village witches might grab them and bury it under a Cow dung sad Delete Asap

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by vickertony(m): 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2016
it's not easy to forgive

forgive him bros....
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by superemmy(m): 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
makasimatics:
I am Chukwuma Edozie,from Ogbunike, In Oyi Local government Area,Anambra State.
since I was born, I have never experienced any positive behavior from my father.
He has proved to be a difficult person.
in fact! to the best of my knowledge, he is a very cuny,greedy,and selfish human being.

He would make money but would rather invest it on harlots instead of we the children who are interested in education. In fact, one of his stupid friend had advised him one certain time to not waste his money in the name of training us in the university. " secondary school level is enough for us ", the man said. I don't know if that was what contributed in making my father to neglect me when I was in the university reading mathematics.
Even,amid my days in the versity, I used to take some bags of rice and tin of life vegetable oil to our house without receiving any ' thanks ' from any body though, my mum would sometimes appreciate. I did all those because of the money I generated in my class as a course rep.

Now I have graduated and gone for service in peace after training my self in the university.

With these experiences, I want to know if somebody would blame me if I fail to appreciate him as my father in case I get a work in the future.
Now he tries to come close to me because, he believes that I have conquered

After abandoning me in the campus to die, he still wants to reap the benefits of what he never merited.

well, I think I know what is is my mind.

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ireneony(f): 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
flightz:
You went to school but obviously school didn't pass through you. Why the announcement? Why posting your pix and fullnames here? Seems the charms eventually worked on you. Nonsense. THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM!!! Learn to be discreet.
what's your concern. ...

He is an adult and he can choose to do whatever!

6 Likes

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Sunofgod(m): 10:54pm On Apr 06, 2016
You can have two grandfathers - but only one father...

Make your way in life, make your money, and be a better person.

Ps: A University Education is a luxury not a 'given'.

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Realrex(m): 10:57pm On Apr 06, 2016
Uchan4u:
You can never have another father, forget that he didn't sponsor you through the university. Thank God that you have conquered, because it is not by your might. forgive your dad and move on with your life. Remember that you have benefited and will still benefit from your father, if you doubt ask orphans what they are passing through
u said it all,
nice one.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by abuomaIV(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
Bro I understand how you feel. I know you from ANSU ( am your senior though) and also from Ogbunike. I use to see u drive pass Amawa with your bike and we exchange pleasantries. You are now a man now. Forget the past and make sure you take care of your family very well. Do not allow anyone to deceive you that your parents did not contribute to your success. If not through prayer, it could be through other ways. parents have roles to play in our lives.

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by 2undeee(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2016
Guy bless ur life self say him send u go secondary school wht if u no go pry not 2 talk of second schl chai dat mmman try
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by pitoski(m): 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
i thank God for my father who said even if it will take his last drop of blood he must train us to university graduate level.

4 Likes

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by obiaguna(m): 11:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
I'm beginning to notice a certain trend where father's and men have vehemently refused to live up to their responsibilities. If you ask some people around you I'm sure they can't remember the last time their fathers bought them anything. Someone has even stated it above. It's not a conclusion though but it's something I have noticed and yet we wonder why almost everyday is mothers day. Men pls and pls live up to your responsibilities and do your best to provide the basic things and ur children would appreciate you forever.

Op.. You can always try to ignore that phase although it cant be forgotten. Just do what you can do and continue your life.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ebuka10box(m): 11:01pm On Apr 06, 2016
Bro u don't have to blame him even if he wasn't responsible. University education doesn't make a man, there is a difference between schooling and learning. U gotta learn how to do stuffs wivout d certificate.everything in life is a you factor. School or no school,wat will be will be
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by fromnigeria(m): 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
Forgive him seventy times seven times
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by flightz(f): 11:05pm On Apr 06, 2016
ireneony:
what's your concern. ...
He is an adult and he can choose to do whatever!
witch! Quit jumping into my mentions

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by wabsod(m): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2016
Whell, glory be 2 god for u, the best for you is to do ur own, bcus is ur responsibility to take care of ur parent, but if fail to do so, u would face the consequencies from the god
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Krismart(m): 11:07pm On Apr 06, 2016

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 06, 2016
Get The Work And Live Ur Life.............He Is Not On My List If Am The One
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by YorceelinaBlaq(f): 11:12pm On Apr 06, 2016
I believe d greatest gift any child can receive from his parent is d privilege of being born into d world. Quite alryt, it is d duty of every parent to train his/her child buh we shudnt expect things to always work according to d normz. Things fall apart for beta things to fall in place. At least, he trained u up to secondary school level n God remained faithful to d end. U just av to forgive him. God has made him ur father...u can't change dat.

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Stuntkid172(m): 11:13pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

the strugle 4 fp is real
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by pharmade: 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
Oga yu are now a graduate. Move on with yur life. [/color] if yu have any assistance yu know Yu can offer him, in the future, give, but not compulsorily. [color=#000000] focus on yur sibblings mum, future wife and kids.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Stuntkid172(m): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

the strugle 4 fp is real
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Stuntkid172(m): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
SUPOL:
Get d work ist.

the strugle 4 fp is real
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ClinicalHope(f): 11:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
makasimatics:
I am Chukwuma Edozie,from Ogbunike, In Oyi Local government Area,Anambra State.
since I was born, I have never experienced any positive behavior from my father.
He has proved to be a difficult person.
in fact! to the best of my knowledge, he is a very cuny,greedy,and selfish human being.

He would make money but would rather invest it on harlots instead of we the children who are interested in education. In fact, one of his stupid friend had advised him one certain time to not waste his money in the name of training us in the university. " secondary school level is enough for us ", the man said. I don't know if that was what contributed in making my father to neglect me when I was in the university reading mathematics.
Even,amid my days in the versity, I used to take some bags of rice and tin of life vegetable oil to our house without receiving any ' thanks ' from any body though, my mum would sometimes appreciate. I did all those because of the money I generated in my class as a course rep.

Now I have graduated and gone for service in peace after training my self in the university.

With these experiences, I want to know if somebody would blame me if I fail to appreciate him as my father in case I get a work in the future.
Now he tries to come close to me because, he believes that I have conquered

After abandoning me in the campus to die, he still wants to reap the benefits of what he never merited.

well, I think I know what is is my mind.

Nwanne madu biko forgive and pay him back with kindness, I mean lots and lots of kindness wink we all have family issues but come to think of it, there is a divine reason why God gave you Daddy wink focus on the bright side of life, don't give up and don't stop Praying for your dad. I will be waiting to hear your testimony.

2 Likes

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by MidasT(m): 11:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
If your father was not alive, won't you have gone to school. Stop spreading your dirty linen in public.

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2016
Two wrongs don't make a right! At the same time, no one should reap where they did not sow!!!
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nyceguy92: 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
[quote author=makasimatics post=44455058]

One wonders what could have made your father to behave the way he did.

This is what happens when a man thinks he is not the father of the child.

Life experiences come in different ways.
Thank God you were able to graduate.
It is difficult to just erase what you went through.

Relate to your father normally. ..
He may be coming to his senses...reason he is now coming close to you.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Millichamp(m): 11:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
Hmm... All those Satanic Dad around, those enemy of progress that live around us, those people that cause us pain, those people that wana reap from where they did not sow. Mansotorobokaya! I say holy ghost fire !!!
Just be very careful, u can forgive him but I'll advise that whenever u wana make a decision u should always try to make use of ur brain and not ur heart cuz this is 2016

3 Likes

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by OlowoB(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
First of all, i have to be honest with you, posting your real names on a public forum ...what do you intend to achieve with this? putting your pics also is like bringing your dad to shame .... every tom, dick and harry here will start insulting your dad (even people who have never met him in real life before). How would your dad feel if someone showed him your pics and the story you shared online? No matter what your dad has done, you making it this public with your real pics even shows you are a very senseless not to bright son. Even the bible says Wisdom is the principal thing, let he that get it, get understanding.

Do you know how many bloggers visit nairaland? and then they will share this story all over the internet and then your dad gets to see this, what have you then achieved? If you don't want to help your dad, then move on quietly instead of putting your real names and pics on a forum with close to 500,000 members.

What do you even stand to gain if you don't forgive him? anger, bitterness etc is that what you want to live with for the rest of your life? Instead bless him with money when you secure your job, take good care of him and see if his conscience will not make him to sincerely apologise to you and also shower blessings on you.

It was very painful, so? If everyone should tell you the stories of their life, you will be shocked how life has treated people. Every challenge you pass through in life is for a reason...It should mould you into becoming a better person. Always look for lessons in your challenges rather than been bitter or angry with whoever.

Modified

If after your 4/5 years of education, all you think of is paying evil with evil, then i question if you have really been educated. Education makes us think and see things differently. Focus your energy into positive things.

7 Likes

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by kulrunsman79(m): 11:30pm On Apr 06, 2016
Honor him bro, that he is alive covers so much for u. He never did those things outa clear eyes
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by airlord2020: 11:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
Just have one question for you. What will you gain by not forgiving him?
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Aarenasbaba(m): 11:31pm On Apr 06, 2016
You said he wants to reap what he did not sow..... Who gave birth to u in d 1st place? He has sowed U already,let him reap ma brother. Your success is not by ur power or by might,its God doing,learn how to forgive,its left to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should I Cut-off My Parents? / Nigeria Man Dumped His Congolese Wife For A New Wife; Sells Family House / Single Friends Of Married Peeps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.