Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? (28117 Views)

Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman / Children Of Woman Who Hired Assassin To Kill Her Husband: "Forgive Our Mum" / What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by 1Dray(m): 11:10am On Apr 07, 2016
[quote author=superemmy post=44473453][/quote]

Modify and remove the guy's name if you must quote him... Maybe he might come to his senses are remove it.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by mapet: 11:20am On Apr 07, 2016
@OP,

I can only beg you to allow God to rule your heart and forgive your father. Any other action you take contrary to this will only increase the heavy weight of hatred in your heart, and you don't want to carry that burden. You will end up misbehaving to your future wife and children, you will not know where the root of your misbehaviour comes and will go pay so much to a psychologist or a pastor to tell you same
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 07, 2016
Oga he is the head of the family. Respect that office, keeping grudge with him could obstruct your blessings in life. There is a reason God made him your father. Remember honour thy father and mother so that your days may be long. It maybe hard but you can achieve it.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Knetpro(m): 12:49pm On Apr 07, 2016
I think you should forgive your father and forget the past.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by fynex(m): 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:
I am Chukwuma Edozie,from Ogbunike, In Oyi Local government Area,Anambra State.
since I was born, I have never experienced any positive behavior from my father.
He has proved to be a difficult person.
in fact! to the best of my knowledge, he is a very cuny,greedy,and selfish human being.

He would make money but would rather invest it on harlots instead of we the children who are interested in education. In fact, one of his stupid friend had advised him one certain time to not waste his money in the name of training us in the university. " secondary school level is enough for us ", the man said. I don't know if that was what contributed in making my father to neglect me when I was in the university reading mathematics.
Even,amid my days in the versity, I used to take some bags of rice and tin of life vegetable oil to our house without receiving any ' thanks ' from any body though, my mum would sometimes appreciate. I did all those because of the money I generated in my class as a course rep.

Now I have graduated and gone for service in peace after training my self in the university.

With these experiences, I want to know if somebody would blame me if I fail to appreciate him as my father in case I get a work in the future.
Now he tries to come close to me because, he believes that I have conquered

After abandoning me in the campus to die, he still wants to reap the benefits of what he never merited.

well, I think I know what is is my mind.

You can go on a FREE vacation.

How?

At Travelbay, we understand that travel is an aspirational product, and everyone wants to experience travel both locally and internationally.

Hence we have created a platform that can help you plan and save towards your preferred vacation package, also, you can earn N2000 when your friends & family join.

What to do? Simple!

Log into: http://travelbay.co/?rf=94, create your account, and from there, use the 'invite' feature to start inviting others.

You can invite enough to qualify to travel without paying a dime.
Join, and tell others.***CHECK-READ-DIGEST IT-MAKE Your INQUIRIES***before you DOUBT---be thy old self no more---be renewed and refined!
How cool is that?
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by mostwantedguy: 2:23pm On Apr 07, 2016
Give him rat poison!!

RUBBISH
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Beetee1(m): 4:10pm On Apr 07, 2016
bros don't be a fool. all things works together for those that... . Thank God for your life, respect your parent and don't be proud, u are still hunting for job.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by whoisuche: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2016
makasimatics:
I am Chukwuma Edozie,from Ogbunike, In Oyi Local government Area,Anambra State.
since I was born, I have never experienced any positive behavior from my father.
He has proved to be a difficult person.
in fact! to the best of my knowledge, he is a very cuny,greedy,and selfish human being.

He would make money but would rather invest it on harlots instead of we the children who are interested in education. In fact, one of his stupid friend had advised him one certain time to not waste his money in the name of training us in the university. " secondary school level is enough for us ", the man said. I don't know if that was what contributed in making my father to neglect me when I was in the university reading mathematics.
Even,amid my days in the versity, I used to take some bags of rice and tin of life vegetable oil to our house without receiving any ' thanks ' from any body though, my mum would sometimes appreciate. I did all those because of the money I generated in my class as a course rep.

Now I have graduated and gone for service in peace after training my self in the university.

With these experiences, I want to know if somebody would blame me if I fail to appreciate him as my father in case I get a work in the future.
Now he tries to come close to me because, he believes that I have conquered

After abandoning me in the campus to die, he still wants to reap the benefits of what he never merited.

well, I think I know what is is my mind.

Read Ephesians 6 or 5 down. Obey your parents. Your father is still your father.

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by ClinicalHope(f): 11:41pm On Apr 07, 2016
adubiay:

Africans and sentiment, what you said is the reason why there will never be changes in our society when people continue to reap where they never sow. All his father friend and everyone in there village who knows the story will surely follow the trend. Fatherhood and Motherhood is beyond just giving birth. Whenever people refers to someone as a father, it is beyond giving birth, responsibility is what makes you a father not impregnating a woman.
I pray you don't find yourself in his situation because if you do, you will not have time to write this nonsense. When it has to do with FAMILY, one has to be very wise. When your children hear this kind of stories and also find out the way you handled such matters, they either choose to be a peacemaker or pay back evil with evil and I wonder what they will achieve. So please do not give an advice you will not follow.
Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by magicminister: 6:51am On Apr 08, 2016
mikketech:
See you that even has a man to call a father.
Bro to you that man is useless. But you never know what hi worth are untill he will kick the bucket. As for him not training u in the uni. It's not a must and he don't owe u that. Atleast if he had not been doing these things u afore mentioned. Who knows how lazy u would become now. If I tell u wetin my own case be. You will forver be grateful and thankful to ur father. Like it not he is still ur father. So appreciate him in all. He will change. Believe me.

the bolded got me laughing.
Why would you bring in a child to the world and not send him to school?
Even God placed jesus in the care of Mary and Joseph.
Jesus was highly educated and also learnt capentry under the care of Joseph.
It is the OBLIGATION OF PARENTS TO GIVE THEIR CHILDREN THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF EDUCATION as long as they can afford it.
The OP's father could afford to support him in school but he chose to drink and spend it on prostitutes.
Does that one deserve to be called a father?
Not a single moral or financial support, yet he wanna start reaping where he didn't sow.

Trust me, that so called father is an outsider. He is an enemy!

1 Like

Re: Advice: My Father Didn't Train Me In The University,should I Forgive Him? by Nobody: 7:42am On May 07, 2017
hokafor:
See how to forgive him but be very careful. In my own case my father used all my properties i bought through him to dubiously borrow bank loan he couldn't pay back.

Are you serious about this? how did u end it with him ? Were you aware of his intention before he got the loans? I bought several properties too through my dad as well..and any advice to avoid same scenarios repeating itself

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should I Cut-off My Parents? / Nigeria Man Dumped His Congolese Wife For A New Wife; Sells Family House / Single Friends Of Married Peeps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.