Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH (14485 Views)

Power Supply Worsens As Nigeria Records Another System Collapse / Kwara Government Worsens Saraki’s Case / Fuel Crisis Worsens As Motorists Struggle To Get Fuel In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by pat077: 4:14pm On Apr 06, 2016
I just hope the fuel crises is not gonna be inconclusive.
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Firefire(m): 4:15pm On Apr 06, 2016
you see ...

1 Like

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Wazobia12(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
God bet why us
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by 9jatatafo(m): 4:16pm On Apr 06, 2016
hucienda:
abeg.. dear lord, who swear for this country?? who we offend??

Nor be una vote for CHANGE?

1 Like

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by TANTUMERGO007(m): 4:17pm On Apr 06, 2016
otokx:

whether we dance or not, the whole thing is affecting us.
i get fuel anytime i need it, so who they follow you suffer?
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Jegudujera(m): 4:19pm On Apr 06, 2016
I believe say 1day e go better... E go better for me and you, i/we go get money,born pikin e go better for naija come dey tell our pikin aw things were bad b4 dey were born.,,

shey i make sense?
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Nairadays: 4:23pm On Apr 06, 2016
Reprieve is on the way ...
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
ogaJona:
God please forgive us for voting this fools
too harsh. Leadership is not easy my friend, I know they promised heaven on earth but we must understand the peculiarities of Nigeria's challenges. If we have functional refineries before now, I don't think this govt will be in a mess like this. Refineries are not built in a day, we must be patient with them. 2019 we shall throw them out if Nigeria remains this way.

1 Like

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by tomholly: 4:26pm On Apr 06, 2016
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by jpphilips(m): 4:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
franciskaine:
Hmmm, we sure need a long term solution. Fix our refineries and stop the importation of petrol. If building refineries is too expensive, let the FG borrow and build and then sell them off. I personally won't vote for Buhari if by 2019 Nigeria still imports fuel. Nigeria has a comparative advantage in crude oil extraction and production, and that we must maximise for our benefit not the other way round.

Maximizing that advantage should be the focus of the whole economic diversification not the stup!d agriculture and BOI madness that is flying around.
FG should focus all their lean resources on buying off at least 30% of Dangote refinery after which it will acquire an oil field (already developed with reasonable reserves) then construct a 1mbbls refinery, we should fund it for the next four years consistently, it will create the so called jobs the BOI is grappling with and put us back on the path of energy sustainability.

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by BossWike(m): 4:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
Good news! Never u play with the law of karma!!

I will make Nigeria ungovernable for Jonathan - Buhari

We will form a parallel govt - Amaechi

Every sensible govt will deliver 24 hours power supply within six months - Fashola

Pump price of fuel should not be more than N40 per litre - Osinbajo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Lilimax(f): 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2016
jpphilips:
Kachikwu should go for leadership training, he is smart no doubt but he has no depth in information dissemination, look at that press release and tell me if it makes any sense.

First, you don't have strategic reserves so no shock absorbers for any supply shortfall, what are you doing about it?

Second, PPRA will have to increase pump price not to reflect eventualities in the global crude price like you claimed after all, crude price is dipping further, but the fact that you are returning the marketers you sacked previously since it has dawned on you that NNPC can not maintain supply 100%.
It was not a mis calculation on your part because you hoped that the refineries will supply 40% while NNPC imports 60% a capacity you thought was sustainable not till miscreants in the creek bombed off the two refineries feedstock lines thereby squashing your plans for 40%.

You have tried 100% supply last month and you have realized how disastrous it turned out and now you have returned the marketers who will present unrealistic margins that will attract another form of subsidy, the least of it being exchange differentials, once the CBN delays their forex requests, they are gonna source it from the black market which will soar their subsidy demands so you must brace for this challenge.

You intend to bridge the margin by increasing pump price, that will have serious political consequences because nobody will listen to increased price at a lower crude price.

Again, if the CBN continues to supply forex to them, it will mount serious pressure on our balance of trade and I tell you it is not sustainable which will bring us back to the circus where we started.
The only chance we have of having import availability with less Forex pressure is implementing the DSDP you proposed two months ago, I did not read when it is going to be implemented.

This half half information is not helping the image of this administration, you need to talk to Nigerians like kids because these PDP urchins are not far from m0r0ns.
I like your constructive comment but was almost put off in your summary on the last paragraph undecided
These much needed explanation is for all Nigerians and not only the 'PDP urchins'. A lot of Nigerian that shouted 'Sai Baba' by this time last year are currently regretting their actions one way or the other as a result of current realities.
The earlier Nigerians are told the truth of what is happening the better for us instead of shifting the whole blames to the last administration.
Nobody is interested in such bullcrap any longer smiley

4 Likes

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Nobody: 4:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
see as God they fight our(PDP) battle for us
And who is suffering?
Bro plz use ur sense. PDP is no better Dan APC.
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 4:49pm On Apr 06, 2016
nawao for dis country oooo......naija which way we dey sef?
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by spanzed(m): 4:50pm On Apr 06, 2016
grayht:
So na Mt. Mersk
Kalea and Mt. Alizea be the vessels wey carry the petrol... Hope the vessels never fail brake for sea
sorry mistakenly quoted you.
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by spanzed(m): 4:51pm On Apr 06, 2016
inme:
I bought 30ltrs of Fuel for 8k yesterday.
O boy dis country don be as e get ohh
congratulations you even see buy.
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by ade2008(m): 4:56pm On Apr 06, 2016
Why is Nigeria like this,,? Why,why
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by obailala(m): 5:00pm On Apr 06, 2016
jpphilips:
Kachikwu should go for leadership training, he is smart no doubt but he has no depth in information dissemination, look at that press release and tell me if it makes any sense.

First, you don't have strategic reserves so no shock absorbers for any supply shortfall, what are you doing about it?

Second, PPRA will have to increase pump price not to reflect eventualities in the global crude price like you claimed after all, crude price is dipping further, but the fact that you are returning the marketers you sacked previously since it has dawned on you that NNPC can not maintain supply 100%.
It was not a mis calculation on your part because you hoped that the refineries will supply 40% while NNPC imports 60% a capacity you thought was sustainable not till miscreants in the creek bombed off the two refineries feedstock lines thereby squashing your plans for 40%.

You have tried 100% supply last month and you have realized how disastrous it turned out and now you have returned the marketers who will present unrealistic margins that will attract another form of subsidy, the least of it being exchange differentials, once the CBN delays their forex requests, they are gonna source it from the black market which will soar their subsidy demands so you must brace for this challenge.

You intend to bridge the margin by increasing pump price, that will have serious political consequences because nobody will listen to increased price at a lower crude price.

Again, if the CBN continues to supply forex to them, it will mount serious pressure on our balance of trade and I tell you it is not sustainable which will bring us back to the circus where we started.
Our only chance of having import availability with less Forex pressure is implementing the DSDP you proposed two months ago, I did not read when it is going to be implemented.

This half half information is not helping the image of this administration, you need to talk to Nigerians like kids because these PDP urchins are not far from m0r0ns.
I absolutely agree with you. It not just the PDP wailers that don't understand these things, I also do not have a clue what Kachikwu keeps blabbing about. I believe there's a way these things can be communicated effectively to douse public tension. This government is obviously very incompetent when it comes to information dissemination, most information sharing seems to be done by just supporters online who have no direct link with government. Sometimes I even wonder whether we still have an information ministry.

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Dauraking: 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
How to know a MAD man...

He wakes up in the morning.

Puts on his cloth and without washing his face and brushing his teeth, heads straight to the filling station.

On getting there, he sees an unprecedented multitude of people queued for fuel.

He spends about 7hours on the queue before it gets to his turn and eventually buys PMS for 200/litre.

Heads back home, fuels his generator, charges his phone and then posts on Facebook #iStandWithBuhari.

- Prof. Ephraim U. Omorodion
(Head of Department, Geriatric Neuropsychiatry, Neuropsychiatric Hospital, Aro - Abeokuta, Ogun State)

5 Likes

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by tunezvic(m): 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
I love my president... He is really working. Best Nigeria president.
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by DedeNkem: 5:27pm On Apr 06, 2016
Nigeria is number 8 oil producer in the world while number 1 in Africa and yet it's the ONLY country in the world that has an endemic fuel scarcity! Even non-oil producing countries don't have this problem!.

We produce crude, sell to other countries to refine (we have 4 refineries they purposedly let to rot) and then corrupt marketers import the refined product back to Nigeria, collect billions of dollars in "subsidy" from the government for nothing and hoard the fuel to inflate the price before selling it to the public!

This is the biggest legalized looting in Nigeria today.
Repairing our refineries will ultimately end our fuel scarcity problem forever and make fuel price very cheap but the corrupt marketers and their corrupt political backers don't want this to happen.

2 Likes

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by aduje(m): 6:20pm On Apr 06, 2016
rozayx5:

http://www.punchng.com/vessel-delay-worsens-fuel-scarcity/

....This journalist can lie oooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "21 million metric tons"? check your facts i guess you want to report 21 million litres. MT Alizea cannot carry more than 25 thousand metric tons.
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by jpphilips(m): 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2016
obailala:
I absolutely agree with you. It not just the PDP wailers that don't understand these things, I also do not have a clue what Kachikwu keeps blabbing about. I believe there's a way these things can be communicated effectively to douse public tension. This government is obviously very incompetent when it comes to information dissemination, most information sharing seems to be done by just supporters online who have no direct link with government. Sometimes I even wonder whether we still have an information ministry.

As a stakeholder in the industry, it takes me a lot to understand that guy, it is either he is too smart, or he has terrible handlers, so far so good, his moves are impressive.
But no date for DSDP yet so we are back to square one!!
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by jpphilips(m): 6:42pm On Apr 06, 2016
Lilimax:
I like your constructive comment but was almost put off in your summary on the last paragraph undecided
These much needed explanation is for all Nigerians and not only the 'PDP urchins'. A lot of Nigerian that shouted 'Sai Baba' by this time last year are currently regretting their actions one way or the other as a result of current realities.
The earlier Nigerians are told the truth of what is happening the better for us instead of shifting the whole blames to the last administration.
Nobody is interested in such bullcrap any longer smiley

The PDP urchins don't care about any explanations truth or lie, I wrote for people who have common sense not them, the Minister is drifting towards confusing the government not just the masses alone.
His plans are excellent but he has a problem saying it to the understanding of normal people, is he a professor?
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by jpphilips(m): 6:55pm On Apr 06, 2016
DedeNkem:
Nigeria is number 8 oil producer in the world while number 1 in Africa and yet it's the ONLY country in the world that has an endemic fuel scarcity! Even non-oil producing countries don't have this problem!.

We produce crude, sell to other countries to refine (we have 4 refineries they purposedly let to rot) and then corrupt marketers import the refined product back to Nigeria, collect billions of dollars in "subsidy" from the government for nothing and hoard the fuel to inflate the price before selling it to the public!

This is the biggest legalized looting in Nigeria today.
Repairing our refineries will ultimately end our fuel scarcity problem forever and make fuel price very cheap but the corrupt marketers and their corrupt political backers don't want this to happen.

You are one of the reasons the Minister talks like a junkie, no matter how that man explains the situation, people like you who think towards ojuelegba will still form an absurd opinion, I think the man has read comments on the social media and has convinced himself that most Nigerians have mental problem hence his Junkie approach to press conferences.

1 Like

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
Glorealluv:
Dis fuel scarcity will last till may jst as kachukwu had first announced, dey jst forced him 2 lie 2 nigerians abt it ending on 7th April, nd we all bliv in d lie, dis govt knows we lyk LIES more dan TRUTH
pessimist
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by aloeman15(m): 7:24pm On Apr 06, 2016
jpphilips:

The PDP urchins don't care about any explanations truth or lie, I wrote for people who have common sense not them, the Minister is drifting towards confusing the government not just the masses alone.
His plans are excellent but he has a problem saying it to the understanding of normal people, is he a professor?
Guy,
Take a stand.
Are you defending him or just insulting everyone?
You think americans are interested in how water gets to their house? Or how the mobiles phones work?
Can you deliver results or not?
If you can, do so.
If you can't, get out.
Simple.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by amaechi1: 7:32pm On Apr 06, 2016
There is no other lasting solution than to refine locally. We postpone the evil day till now, when we could not repair or build new refineries. Now we still have to depend on importation with our scars foreign income.
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by Reference(m): 7:36pm On Apr 06, 2016
RedCapChief:

The government will soon increase the pump price of petrol.

Government has lost control of the oil industry. Their prices are irrelevant. Their subsidy or not useless. Their directives are comedy central material. When we were asking for deregulation 2 years ago the owners of Nigeria said no. That is when they handed over authority to black marketers. We told them that we remember 1984 clearly and the regimentation of the economy as a fuel for corruption. Today the only thing PPPRA and DPR officials do is take bribes from retailers to look the other way.

We said deregulate the foreign exchange market. Float the naira to gain leverage. The CBN said no and they have ceded control of the economy to the black market. The CBN has become irrelevant.

Nigerians. You better tell your President that you want to regain control of your country, your destiny and are not ready to join the sluggards who wait on handouts of our collective patrimony like slaves in our land. If Buhari doesn't want to work hard to get out of this mess then the rest of Nigeria should leave him behind and move forward. We are not relying and will not wait for the next oil boom to progress for my mother says people plant in the dry season. If we cannot found Nigeria now it is over for by the next oil price crash there will be no country left.

3 Likes

Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by brightleave(m): 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2016
[/quote]21 million metric tonnes? What a useless post? One of the most useless post I have ever read. How can only 2 vessels carry such quantity? Is it for lifetime usage?
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by brightleave(m): 8:09pm On Apr 06, 2016
rozayx5:

http://www.punchng.com/vessel-delay-worsens-fuel-scarcity/

21 million metric tonnes? What a useless post? One of the most useless post I have ever read. How can only 2 vessels carry such quantity? Is it for lifetime usage?
Re: Vessel Delay Worsens Fuel Scarcity - PUNCH by SycophanticGoat: 9:02pm On Apr 06, 2016
inme:
I bought 30ltrs of Fuel for 8k yesterday.

O boy dis country don be as e get ohh

Today own worse oh! 10 litres for #3,500.. At the price of 350 per liter oh! Devil baptise mumuhammado mumuhary there! angry angry angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Have The Last Laugh ― Senator Boroffice Ajayi / Fuel Crisis: Current Petrol Subsidy Regime Illegal - Senate Says / 25 Points From Interview Of ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.