Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,523 members, 7,812,637 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. (3736 Views)

PDP Can Still Rule For 60 Years – Babangida / Only PDP Can Solve Nigeria’s Economic Problems- Gov. Emmanuel / 'How PDP Will Produce Next Senate President If Saraki Is Removed'-Delta Senator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by HerJahSir(m): 11:20am On Apr 08, 2016
Reasons why PDP can not snatch/produce the next senate president.

There are lots of political implications of the ongoing trial of outgoing Senate President. If per chance, Saraki is found guilty at the CCT, PDP can not and will never become the next senate president.

Reasons:
1. PDP already occupied the position of the Deputy Senate President( Ekweremadu).
APC Senators will not be so daft and gullible to vent their anger on their party if Saraki step down. The implication is that, PDP will be occupying both the senate president and deputy senate president.

2. APC senators being the majority party presently at the Center and National assembly can not afford to become a minority in decision making whenever prominent national decision is to be made. Remember the issue of Ministerial screening(Ameachi and Lai Muhammed)?

3. PDP as a senate president will compound the already frosty relationship between the executive and the legislature. The executive will do anything to stop PDP from attaining that hallow position.

4. Per adventure, if APC senators decided to vent their anger on their party by voting and supporting a PDP candidate as d next senate president, not only will they suffer together as an APC senators, they will live to regret their actions and inaction for the next 3years.

The best thing for them is to get their asses together and solve their differences. Saraki should face his trial and the rule of law should prevail. If found guilty, the National assembly and Senate should move on. APC senators should meet will the leadership of their party and mend fences. At the end of the day, Nigerians and the poor masses will be the one to bear the losses!

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by TippyTop(m): 11:23am On Apr 08, 2016
If I told you last year Saraki and Ekweremandu would lead the Senate, am sure you'd have said am a dreamer.

Just wait, the day Saraki resigns, most APC senators would be at home watching it live on TV. Only Saraki's loyalists would know when the time's right for their man to quit and vote in a replacement.

13 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by dayowunmi(m): 11:27am On Apr 08, 2016
Your points are good but they don't look strong enough to prevent pdp from claiming the Senate presidency. There's nothing the executive can do if saraki decamps and if those that decamps with him decimates apc to the level of minority, pdp will invariably take over, remember the gap in membership between apc and pdp is not that much on the first place and yes I support apc!

5 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by DaBullIT(m): 11:28am On Apr 08, 2016
Impossicant
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by frankyychiji(f): 11:36am On Apr 08, 2016
HerJahSir:
Reasons why PDP can not snatch/produce the next senate president.

There are lots of political implications of the ongoing trial of outgoing Senate President. If per chance, Saraki is found guilty at the CCT, PDP can not and will never become the next senate president.

Reasons:
1. PDP already occupied the position of the Deputy Senate President( Ekweremadu).
APC Senators will not be so daft and gullible to vent their anger on their party if Saraki step down. The implication is that, PDP will be occupying both the senate president and deputy senate president.

2. APC senators being the majority party presently at the Center and National assembly can not afford to become a minority in decision making whenever prominent national decision is to be made. Remember the issue of Ministerial screening(Ameachi and Lai Muhammed)?

3. PDP as a senate president will compound the already frosty relationship between the executive and the legislature. The executive will do anything to stop PDP from attaining that hallow position.

4. If per adventure, if APC senators decided to vent their anger on their party by voting and supporting a PDP candidate as d next senate president, not only will they suffer together as an APC senators, they will live to regret their actions and inaction for the next 3years.

The best thing for them is to get their asses together and solve their differences. Saraki should face his trial and the rule of law should prevail. If found guilty, the National assembly and Senate should move on. APC senators should meet will the leadership of their party and mend fences. At the end of the day, Nigerians and the poor masses will be the one to bear the losses!
Absolute rubbish! If Saraki goes down, David Mark will take over and Ekweremadu will be his deputy! I say Mark so as to pacify the North Central.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 08, 2016
Dream big
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by TippyTop(m): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2016
frankyychiji:
Absolute rubbish! If Saraki goes down, David Mark will take over and Ekweremadu will be his deputy! I say Mark so as to pacify the North Central.

I had to answer a call, but I've replied the Zombie.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by frankyychiji(f): 11:39am On Apr 08, 2016
dayowunmi:
Your points are good but they don't look strong enough to prevent pdp from claiming the Senate presidency. There's nothing the executive can do if saraki decamps and if those that decamps with him decimates apc to the level of minority, pdp will invariably take over, remember the gap in membership between apc and pdp is not that much on the first place and yes I support apc!
Thank you sir and God bless you! You are a rare breed zombie and others should borrow some of your wisdom.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by frankyychiji(f): 11:42am On Apr 08, 2016
dayowunmi:
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by frankyychiji(f): 11:44am On Apr 08, 2016
TippyTop:

I had to answer a call, but I've replied the Zombie.
Thanks bruv! I noticed and modified.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by OFFICIAL336: 11:46am On Apr 08, 2016
dayowunmi:
Wht Zombie programme are u currently running on. Itz rare. Tonyebarcanista come and see a new breed of zombie. #Lol

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by americanigga(m): 11:46am On Apr 08, 2016
I don't think any PDP senator will be that stupid to even think of vying for the seat of the senate president, except he has made up his mind to end his political career like Saraki. The truth is that they all have skeleton in their cupboard and if u go against the presidency it will be used against u. This time even if the seat is emty, fear will not allow anybody to seat on it, except a loyal APC senator hand picked by Tinubu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by dayowunmi(m): 1:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

Wht Zombie programme are u currently running on. Itz rare. Tonyebarcanista come and see a new breed of zombie. #Lol
Am not a zombie, you are the one who is a zombie. Learn to address posts without insult, and you even have to call tonyebarcanista! What a child, grow up sir and act your age. It beats me why nairaland has not outlawed the use of wailer and zombie by these touts on nairaland who can hardly engage in an intellectual argument without shouting zombie or wailer like they are on some autopilot program.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by dayowunmi(m): 1:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
frankyychiji:
Thank you sir and God bless you! You are a rare breed zombie and others should borrow some of your wisdom.
So, who is the zombie here? Your mind could not reason enough to contradict or support my point! But just to shout zombie, like it's a program running in your small mind, Bro you are the zombie, not me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by ElCule: 2:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
americanigga:
I don't think any PDP senator will be that stupid to even think of vying for the seat of the senate president, except he has made up his mind to end his political career like Saraki. The truth is that they all have skeleton in their cupboard and if u go against the presidency it will be used against u. This time even if the seat is emty, fear will not allow anybody to seat on it, except a loyal APC senator hand picked by Tinubu.
hand pickep by Tinubu? Who is Tinubu in the NASS? Do you think this is APC primaries in the south west where he hand picked his wife naphew and inlaws?

6 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by EverestdeBliu(m): 4:30pm On Apr 08, 2016
Typing
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:46pm On Apr 08, 2016
frankyychiji:

If David Mark is offered that post--- I bet your mother's right leg that--- he will decline the offer.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by OFFICIAL336: 4:59pm On Apr 08, 2016
dayowunmi:

Am not a zombie, you are the one who is a zombie. Learn to address posts without insult, and you even have to call tonyebarcanista! What a child, grow up sir and act your age. It beats me why nairaland has not outlaw the use of wailer and zombie by this touts on nairaland who can hardly engage in an intellectual argument without shouting zombie or wailer like they are on some autopilot program.
Embrace who you are. Don't deny your identity. Am sowie. Am a wailer, and am very proud cos am not part of this country's calamity. I bought fuel #200 yesterday, all thanks to the Zombies.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by mikolo80: 5:01pm On Apr 08, 2016
americanigga:
I don't know why this is so hard for wailers to wrap their tiny brains around
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by mikolo80: 5:03pm On Apr 08, 2016
dayowunmi:

So, who is the zombie here? You mind could reason enough to contradict or support my point! But just to shout zombie, like it's a program running in your small mind, Bro you are the zombie, not me.
Hahahahahahaha you actually think you can reason with a waiLer. you too funny
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by frankyychiji(f): 5:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
ISpiksDaTroof:
If David Mark is offered that post--- I bet your mother's right leg that--- he will decline the offer.
Is that why you should involve my mother? Be warned!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by frankyychiji(f): 5:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
dayowunmi:

So, who is the zombie here? You mind could reason enough to contradict or support my point! But just to shout zombie, like it's a program running in your small mind, Bro you are the zombie, not me.
Hahahaha
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by ddippset(m): 5:16pm On Apr 08, 2016
Here is what the apc should do ; right now the worst thing Saraki is looking at is losing his presidency but by the time the court convicts him the worst thing he would he looking at is a jail term. The federal government needs to propose a safe lánding to him. Resign and stay with the party with all your loyalists and avoid prison or defect and go to prison. Let's see if Saraki would not play hard ball. It's all politics. Saraki started this.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by BossWike(m): 5:26pm On Apr 08, 2016
americanigga:

If Saraki eventually goes down, Ekweremadu will smoothly cling into the position through an election. Mark my word!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by dayowunmi(m): 5:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
OFFICIAL336:

Embrace who you are. Don't deny your identity. Am sowie. Am a wailer, and am very proud cos am not part of this country's calamity. I bought fuel #200 yesterday, all thanks to the Zombies.
Lolz, am not a wailer neither am I a zombie! I doubt you even know the full meaning of these words you throw about. If calling yourself a wailer works for you, it doesn't for me. That's all. People can hardly post a comment on any post bordering on politics without being labelled zombie or wailer. Na wa o
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by Fmartin(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2016
I wonder y pdp tink dey wil clinch d senate president seat if saraki goes dwn.

Hv u ask ur self y d numba of senators acompanyin saraki to hs cct trial shrink frm 80 to 21

Politicians hs no permanent friend. If eye red, saraki wil b on hs own.

Rememba, ekweremadu wil also face d court to explain hs role in senate standing orders forgery shuld he try vying fr d senate president seat.

#peace

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by americanigga(m): 5:58pm On Apr 08, 2016
BossWike:

If Saraki eventually goes down, Ekweremadu will smoothly cling into the position through an election. Mark my word!

If Saraki goes down and Ekweremadu takes his position Ekweremadu will also go down. Don't forget he has already been indicted for forgery
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by babdap: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Watching the unfolding drama in 3D of the House of thieves.
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by EdCure: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2016
babdap:
Watching the unfolding drama in 3D of the House of thieves.
Indeed! No key player seem to be clean in that house cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by ISpiksDaTroof: 7:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
ddippset:
Here is what the apc should do ; right now the worst thing Saraki is looking at is losing his presidency but by the time the court convicts him the worst thing he would he looking at is a jail term. The federal government needs to propose a safe lánding to him. Resign and stay with the party with all your loyalists and avoid prison or defect and go to prison. Let's see if Saraki would not play hard ball. It's all politics. Saraki started this.

The Presidency has no say in court proceedings. Its obvious most of you don't know that you're in a new dispensation and that the country and the systems are changing.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by OFFICIAL336: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2016
dayowunmi:

Lolz, am not a wailer neither am I a zombie! I doubt you even know the full meaning of these words you throw about. If calling yourself a wailer works for you, it doesn't for me. That's all. People can hardly post a comment on any post bordering on politics without being labelled zombie or wailer. Na wa o
In this present political space, it is either one is a wailer (those that want real change (transformation), a Zombie (promoters of the Chanji) or a Bat (the real enemy of this country). Itz better you make a political stand, or be an enemy of this country.
Re: Reasons Why PDP Can Not Snatch/produce The Next Senate President. by chigoizie7(m): 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
Lolz, these your assertions holds no water @ all.

These are just speculation, and it is not even strong enough.

Do u think saraki will go down without a fight? In as much as saraki is paying for his crimes, he sees it that his party APC are behind his woes. Don't forget saraki is strong, he has strong loyalists from APC seantors, don't also forget APC now has factions. Don't forget they all think APC never thought of members safety 1st, by allowing saraki to dry just like that, it will no longer be a politics of national interest for those greedy and selfish APC senators loyal to saraki, it will now be a politics of personal interest. And since APC couldn't have their interest @ heart, they will pitch their tent with PDP.

By this time last year, if anyone had told u that someone from minority(PDP) will as much as become a DSP, u for call that person anumanu. If someone had told u that saraki would play that stunt to outsmart APC and emerge as a SP, u would as well call the person a mumu. Naija politics is different from other type of politics played all over the world.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Sowore Out To Enrich Himself (photo) / Nnamdi Kanu and Buhari’s Purported Death: The Facts and Fiction / After The Election Photo: Caption This Pic Of Sanwo-olu And Jimi Agbaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.