Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,987 members, 7,852,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 04:16 PM

The Power Of Intimacy In Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Power Of Intimacy In Marriage (733 Views)

I Think Am Afraid Of Intimacy / Lack Of Intimacy With Hubby / Lack Of Romance & Intimacy In My Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of Intimacy In Marriage by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2009
;DGenuine intimacy is the unique bond between two people that links them together emotionally, spiritually and sexually, they become soul mates. The meshing of these elements forms the cornerstone of a monogamous relationship and explains in part, its distinctiveness to the human species. It also explains why its absence foretells non-exclusivity, suggesting that successful and healthy relationships require more than sex to function.

It is the feeling of connectedness that forms the basis of intimacy making it possible for relationships to grow and sustain the challenges that are often brought on its way like sexual temptations, stress, and illness, work and family problems. Intimacy is the glue that holds relationships together taking over when the intense passion of a new relationship transforms into a more enduring union based on common values, love, value and commitment to one another.
Re: The Power Of Intimacy In Marriage by canuck(m): 6:25pm On Jul 31, 2009
@ stbaby

I couldn't have said it better myself!

One thing to add though - It ain't easy. Attaining "genuine intimacy" as defined above is laborious and demanding. It amounts to a re-creation of both parties. Letting go of well-entrenched behaviour and latching unto new patterns by displacing the mental block of cognitive dissonance in the process.

The result, after unrelenting attention and efforts by both parties, is grand and enviable.
Re: The Power Of Intimacy In Marriage by Fhemmmy: 9:20pm On Jul 31, 2009
Well said.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Her Marriage Is Failing / Does This Change Your Mind? / Secrets To A Happy Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.