Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,538 members, 7,837,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack (2070 Views)

NUPENG Confirms Massive Loading Of Petrol At Depots / NNPC Scandal: PENGASSAN, NUPENG Pledge Support for Baru (Photos) / Photos From The University Of Maiduguri Mosque Bomb Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by jpaul5: 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2016
The National Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) and the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) Lagos State Chapters, stormed the premises of the Ikeja High Court to register their support for T.B. Joshua and The Registered Trustees of The Synagogue, Church of All Nations (SCOAN).

This took place during the resumed hearing on Friday, April 8, 2016 into the case involving the contractors that handled the construction of the collapsed building at The SCOAN in September 2014.

The delegation from NUPENG carried placards with inscriptions like: “WE WANT JUSTICE FOR T.B. JOSHUA”, “IT WAS A BOMB ATTACK”.

Meanwhile, a representative from NLC told journalists that from all indications, the building had been sabotaged. He argued that the way the ill-fated structure collapsed was strange and did not suggest structural failure in any way.

They promised to meet the Lagos State Government to demand a review of the whole matter, stressing that the state should not allow a miscarriage of justice.

“We strongly believe that the Synagogue building was bombed based on what we saw in the CCTV footage and from the way the building fell flat in one swoop”, said a NUPENG delegate at the court.

Meanwhile, Justice Lawal Akapo of the Ikeja High Court has adjourned proceedings to Tuesday, April 19, 2016 for ruling in the applications filed by counsel to the defendants at the Court of Appeal.

Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), E.L Akpofure (SAN), Titilayo Akinlawon (SAN) and Olalekan Ojo, all counsels to the defendants, argued that the court should stay action pending the determination of the suit they have filed at the Court of Appeal.

Last week, a delegation led by NLC Lagos State Chairman, Comrade Idowu Adelakun, paid a courtesy visit to Joshua, calling on the government to drop its charges against The SCOAN and praising its impact on Nigeria’s tourism industry.

“The Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) remains the only ministry in Africa that attracts the highest number of foreign visitors thereby boosting the religious tourism potentials of Nigeria and also earning huge foreign exchange for the country,” he said.

Nosa Osazuwa was present during court proceedings. He wrote in from Lagos, Nigeria

SOURCE: African Spotlight - http://africanspotlight.com/2016/04/08/scoan-collapse-nupeng-nlc-uphold-it-was-a-bomb-attack/

1 Like

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by owanguy(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2016
NLC A TOOTHLESS BULLDOG.

1 Like

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by rusher14: 6:14pm On Apr 08, 2016
Are they investigators or the judiciary?

Those charlatans should be investigated and I'm sure a money trail would be found.
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Makweembo: 6:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
rusher14:

Those charlatans should be investigated and I'm sure a money trail would be found.

Sir, just watch the video and scientifically explain to me how this building collapsed due to structural issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMTvgIKaOBI

Let's call a spade a spade. I don't know whether it was a bomb, an 'infrasonic weapon', some form of external sabotage - but this building fell on its footprint in a manner that has ONLY been witnessed in cases of controlled demolition...

Even the last building that collapsed here in Lagos - some parts of the structure were still intact...

There is more to this case than what meets the ordinary eye...
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by idupaul: 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2016
Makweembo:

Sir, just watch the video and scientifically explain to me how this building collapsed due to structural issues.

Let's call a spade a spade. I don't know whether it was a bomb, an 'infrasonic weapon', some form of external sabotage - but this building fell on its footprint in a manner that has ONLY been witnessed in cases of controlled demolition...

Even the last building that collapsed here in Lagos - some parts of the structure were still intact...

I just feel sorry for you and they way you have imprisoned Ur brain ..sad really sad

2 Likes

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Makweembo: 6:38pm On Apr 08, 2016
idupaul:

I just feel sorry for you and they way you have imprisoned Ur brain ..sad really sad

You accuse my brain of imprisonment - please provide valid reasons, not baseless insults.

Question - why is no one talking about the fact that the Nigerian government actually BARTERED the bodies of The Synagogue victims in exchange for military arms with South Africa? And you think there are no shady developments behind the scenes in this case...

It was reported in one of South Africa's most reputable newspapers - http://mg.co.za/article/2014-11-27-did-radebe-barter-arms-for-bodies

1 Like

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Makweembo: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2016
Another indicting article with PROOF Nigeria bartered with the bodies of The Synagogue victims... - http://mg.co.za/article/2014-11-28-mg-dismisses-governments-denial-on-nigerian-bartering

It goes back to Oritsejafor's jet used to bring in over 9 million dollars to South Africa illegally.

I repeat - there is more to this case then what we read on the papers.
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by rusher14: 6:45pm On Apr 08, 2016
Makweembo:

If no fragments consistent with IEDs were found, if no evidence of infrasonic blast (Never before recorded on our soil and even debunked by such science oriented newsletters like Popular Science), I'm afraid a guilty verdict would be inevitable.

We cannot use myths and urban legends such as the Loch Ness monster, Trolls of the forest and the bogeyman as excuses for our inadequacies.

We have to learn to approach matters logically and backed by sound science.

We need to develop and stop burying our heads in sand.

2 Likes

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by idupaul: 6:51pm On Apr 08, 2016
Makweembo:

You accuse my brain of imprisonment - please provide valid reasons, not baseless insults.

Question - why is no one talking about the fact that the Nigerian government actually BARTERED the bodies of The Synagogue victims in exchange for military arms with South Africa? And you think there are no shady developments behind the scenes in this case...

It was reported in one of South Africa's most reputable newspapers - http://mg.co.za/article/2014-11-27-did-radebe-barter-arms-for-bodies

Please bro that building fell because the structure was poorly planned..please this is the year 2016 let strive to tell the truth

1 Like

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by jpaul5: 6:56pm On Apr 08, 2016
rusher14:

If no fragments consistent with IEDs were found, if no evidence of infrasonic blast (Never before recorded on our soil and even debunked by such science oriented newsletters like Popular Science), I'm afraid a guilty verdict would be inevitable.

We cannot use myths and urban legends such as the Loch Ness monster, Trolls of the forest and the bogeyman as excuses for our inadequacies.

We have to learn to approach matters logically and backed by sound science.

We need to develop and stop burying our heads in sand.

If no unbiased evidence be presented that the building was structurally incompetent (Only LASG sources suggested such), if no scientific evidence be provided that the manner and speed of collapse was not akin to a demolition, I'm afraid a guilty verdict poses serious question marks on Nigeria's judicial system.

We cannot rush to hasty conclusions concerning a controversial figure because of unusual phenomenon surrounding the incident - as excuses for our inadequacies in thorough investigation.

We have to learn to approach matters holistically and not besmirched by the idiosyncrasies of religious sentiment.

We need to develop and stop burying our heads in the sand.

1 Like

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Temotala: 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2016
"No matter how fast a lie runs, the truth will someday overtake it." - TB Joshua

1 Like

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Nosa77(m): 7:19pm On Apr 08, 2016
As for me, I am sincerely surprised that this case is still dragging till now. For so long, due to jealousy and envy, the Lagos State Government, other Nigerian pastors and other smug individuals had planned on how to attack T.B. Joshua. This incident was the perfect opportunity to capitalise and they want the case to continue on for as long as it can. It gives them some kind of false satisfaction which actually makes them even more empty and bitter. One day, they may realise, (hopefully when it is not too late) that they are fighting God and not man. The repercussions of their actions will manifest sooner or later, if not physically, then spiritually.

Come on, any clear thinking, objective individual will see by the CCTV footage that this building did not collapse as a result of a structural defect or mere accident. It was clearly a vicious, premeditated, explosive attack.

By now, the Nigerian government should even be praising TB Joshua on how he handled the incident rather than continuing to attempt to drag his name in the mud. I’m sorry for all those who continue in this blind aggression.
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Sunglass20(f): 8:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
Temotala:
"No matter how fast a lie runs, the truth will someday overtake it." - TB Joshua

Thanks a lot. I was just about to comment with this quote... You already said it all. Jealousy and Hatred won't allow people wish the Prophet well but ' when God is involved, Who else is involved does not matter'.
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by drss(m): 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
me i no be engineer but i know say vibration or votex shedding from helicopter or aeroplane fit cause building collapse.
scoan building collaspe no be accident. na act of terror attack. same terror attack wey dem use demolish world trade center for newyork.
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Nosa77(m): 10:11pm On Apr 08, 2016
drss:
me i no be engineer but i know say vibration or votex shedding from helicopter or aeroplane fit cause building collapse.
scoan building collaspe no be accident. na act of terror attack. same terror attack wey dem use demolish world trade center for newyork.

The evidence speaks for itself -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAccLLUNq2s
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by olafum1(m): 10:25pm On Apr 08, 2016
Let me be honest with you

I don't really know what to say about this case
Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by Ovamboland(m): 7:14am On Apr 09, 2016
Hmmmmmmm, so there are so many unwell people in Nigeria, a building collapsed and some are talking of tourism, terrorism, controlled explosion in an occupied building.
Many here are supposed to be housed in institutions.

1 Like

Re: SCOAN Collapse: NUPENG, NLC Uphold It Was A Bomb Attack by wirinet(m): 7:34am On Apr 09, 2016
rusher14:

Yes o. They are CIA, MI5, KGB and MOSSAD all rolled into one. Besides, the synagogue trial is far more important to NUPENG and NLC than other non important trivial issues like power and petrol scarcity.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Niger Delta Avengers agitation is a Fraud / Drama As Customers At A Filling Station Forced Bauchi Speaker To Join Queue / PDP Did Nothing For 16 Years, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.