Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,979 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling (9810 Views)

Can AIT Television Rig Online Presidential Poll In Favour Of GMB / Has PDP Bought Over AIT Television? / Upgraded Lagos Domestic Airport Is Crumbling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by kosovo(m): 9:41pm On Aug 02, 2009
COCK AN BULL STORY.
i never knew a text message could be as long as the one found in the article.
what a waste!
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by davidif: 12:02am On Aug 03, 2009
This is called capitalism, the survival of the fittest. If you make bad business decision then you face the consequences.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by benlay(m): 1:02am On Aug 03, 2009
still wondering about all that,
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by rasputinn(m): 8:17am On Aug 03, 2009
davidif:

This is called capitalism, the survival of the fittest. If you make bad business decision then you face the consequences.

Ermmm,Davidif,who made the bad business decision and who's suffering the consequencies,I'm talking in relation to the staff that are allegedly owed upwards of 4 months salaries,they are suffering,but what bad business decisions did they make
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by mayrho(m): 10:19am On Aug 03, 2009
I know say one day monkey go market im no go return
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by olasboy: 10:23am On Aug 03, 2009
Which AIT are we talking about here? Is it that same one that was asking for appeal fund a couple of years ago? Shio
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by nex(m): 10:26am On Aug 03, 2009
@olasboy

the same AIT O! They've used the appeal fund to host Owanbe.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 03, 2009
for those of you that keep claiming you dont believe the story, well continue to deceive yourself, in Nigeria a lot of one man companies owe staff salaries and they do so without shame or remorse. i have worked for 2 of such kind of companies that have owed me salaries at different point

on the other hand i dont really blame one man companies for owing salaries cos the cost of running bizness in nigeria is crazily high, we all know what it cost just to run diesel generators daily calculate it for a month and then for 24hrs each day, u would see why they r going out of bizness.

if the text is true or not i cant say but if it is true well arrogance and pride is the beginning of downfall lets sit and watch what would happen in the next few weeks.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by tunde300us(m): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2009
Abeg how is john momoh of channels dey do im own cos i neva hear any of such rubbish from dem for a while now.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Mowire: 1:20pm On Aug 03, 2009
tunde300us:

Abeg how is john momoh of channels dey do im own cos i neva hear any of such rubbish from dem for a while now.

I guess the man "Cuts Quality Cloth According to His Money And Cuts His Coat According to His Cloth" working at a bigger goal in sure (quality) bits.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by homegirl1: 1:42pm On Aug 03, 2009
What about DBN that has been owning the staff salary for more than 15 months now. most of the staff are suffering. especially those that have families. the owner of DBN should try and do something before things get out of hand.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by naijatoday: 2:31pm On Aug 03, 2009
What is DBN?
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Aprilmay(f): 2:41pm On Aug 03, 2009
Maybe thats why they stopped Ait moviestar on sky ch 330,rubbish station undecided
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Afam(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2009
kaecy5:

for those of you that keep claiming you dont believe the story, well continue to deceive yourself, in Nigeria a lot of one man companies owe staff salaries and they do so without shame or remorse. i have worked for 2 of such kind of companies that have owed me salaries at different point

on the other hand i dont really blame one man companies for owing salaries cos the cost of running bizness in nigeria is crazily high, we all know what it cost just to run diesel generators daily calculate it for a month and then for 24hrs each day, u would see why they r going out of bizness.

While I agree with the cost of running a business in Nigeria especially if you require electricity I make bold to say that businesses can have access to backup solutions or even generate their own electricity if they wanted to considering the cost of running generators. However, many business owners are either ignorant of the alternatives out there or they don't really care as long as the generator is firing.

I honestly believe that it is rather unfortunate that in this age and time businesses would be closing shop just because of power issues.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by tunde300us(m): 3:01pm On Aug 03, 2009
Make all those wey dey work for AIT nd DBN just hold on for a while,politics will soon start in full gear next year and they will reap 100 fold. Abeg which oda station dey owe im staff HANDS UP! grin
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by kunleski: 3:20pm On Aug 03, 2009
JUO:

bros you get ooo, when i saw soundcity and extremely nigerian in my friends house i knew that AIT is nonsense, they said they transmite on rubish mpeg 4 (mp4) with no volume control, the image is poor like mpeg 1 (mp1) check out show-spot 4 that transmite on mp4 at-times and see the quality of mp4. do the workers watch the station? the man should have change of heart and pay them their salary
Na wao, i thought i was alone in my assessment of AIT's graphics department, its nothing but appalling, a station which boasts of worldwide coverage? sometimes you wonder whether its some nursery school children doing their stuffs! undecided
I'm a motion graphic artist myself and would have considered doing some works for them F.O.C, but what the hell!
Its not God that will help Nigeria, its the people!
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Deshola: 3:50pm On Aug 03, 2009
eeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by TBOYY: 3:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
dat guy is a dope head. i reckn tins r goin downhill 4 his empire. theyv bin off air on channel 330 on sky sat, 4 some days now. cud dis b d begining of d end. pompus prick, grin grin grin
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by oge4real(f): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2009
I stopped watching Ait since thier news started imitating NTA. I realy dont care about wat befells them.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Deshola: 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
The volume of their programmes are could be bad sometimes,
Imagine Focus Nigeria with all its popularity, has badddddddd volume!
grin
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by kuramo: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2009
Talking about professionalism in TV broadcasting. The presenter of AIT's program titled Osisi's world (I believe his name is Osis) has zero presentation skill, he can hardly string a few words together in English without a struggle and his pronunciation sucks, BUT, Focus Nigeria should be commended.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Nezan(m): 6:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
Abeg-o, make AIT dey
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by davidif: 7:13pm On Aug 03, 2009
Ermmm,Davidif,who made the bad business decision and who's suffering the consequencies,I'm talking in relation to the staff that are allegedly owed upwards of 4 months salaries,they are suffering,but what bad business decisions did they make

Rasputin
I meant that the station execs did not run AIT well and could not make a profit which means that they cannot pay there workers well.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by temmytanny(m): 7:27pm On Aug 03, 2009
I STIL DONT BELIVE ALL THESE BUT TIME WILL TELL SHA.

RAYMOND IF NA TRUE,I NO GO BUY DAARSAT AGAIN
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by PurestBoy(m): 4:47am On Aug 04, 2009
I'm glad to have heard this, so interesting, I have hated AIT since the day they couldn't show the Super Eagle-Kenya match in Abuja
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by beknown(m): 8:26am On Aug 04, 2009
Companies in Nigeria who owe staff wages are causing damages to the Nigeria society. Unfortunately, their behaviour mirrors the behaviour of government departments.

A decent government and company should not owe wages. How are employees and their families supposed to survive on four months of zero pay. These employers are encouraging corruption.

The leaders in DAAR Company are Nigerians. The leaders in government in Nigeria are Nigerians. Our fellow Nigerians are making Nigeria unbearable for its citizens.

Well, God bless Nigeria.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Arabambi1: 9:54am On Aug 04, 2009
[b]Re: AIT Television on the brink of crumbling, Dokpesi Reacts

Written by Raymond Dokpesi , Dr.
Monday, 03 August 2009 22:05

I write to congratulate Sahara reporters for a very malicious and untruthful report. As journalists sometimes you get your stories very wrong but this profession provides for a right of reply. Contrary to your insinuations Daar Communications plc and AIT in particular is not at the verge of collapse. Visit Daar Communications Plc and you will definitely apologize for misleading your readers.

All your references to BGL and chief James Ibori are at best a figment of the imagination of the author of this article. The construction of the 15 buildings to house the equipment of both Raypower and AIT have been completed. As i write our engineers are installing the equipment for both radio and television across the fifteen states of the federation where these stations are located. It is absolutely untrue that Olorogun Williams Makinde is a nominee of Chief James Ibori or BGL.He was interviewed from a least of seven shortlisted applicants and he emerged in flying colours. The statement credited to him is also absolutely untrue. I challenge the author to provide the minutes of the board meeting that olorogun Makinde distanced himself. The author definitely does not know how we operate in Daar.

We are transparent and open enough to take him through the processes. Since you live in the united states of america i do not blame you for accusing me of making the AIT platform available to the ruling PDP alone. Nigerians and indeed all other political parties will fault your conclusion. Please ask them.
You alleged that a concerned Housewife sent me a text which you reproduced. For the avoidance of doubt NO CONCERNED HOUSEWIFE EVER SENT SUCH A MESSAGE!!! A man sent the message on the day of the traditional wedding of my son. The Company Secretary of Daar Communications,my security detail and an executive director of the company called the sender of the text to confirm the identity of the author. The state security service official replied the author and the matter is a subject of investigation now. What the author did not add is that they made demand of a huge sum of money and tendered apologies. We will send a corporate response later but you got your story wrong. I believe you will give our reply very wide publicity too. As for those who wrote different comments all i can say is that you have a right to your opinion but please join hands to make Nigeria better. It is very easy to criticize but sum the courage and come forward to improve an area of endeavor in our lives.

Unless we all make tremendous sacrifices for our country we cannot progress. Raymond Dokpesi has definitely played some role and we all should play our own.

God bless us all.
Raymond Dokpesi , Dr.
rayaleogho@hotmail.com[/b]

Shameless man. Dem dey ask am if him owe staff salary him dey talk about something else.
At least he acknowledge getting a text message on his son's wedding day but not from a concerned housewife but a man and concluded the matter is still being investigated. How come he don conclude say no be a concerned housewife send when the matter still dey under investigation.
and I'm sure your security details cannot respond to a message on your phone in that way without your inpus.
short of shooting himself more in the leg
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 04, 2009
welcome to 9ja. thats the way things are done the 9ja way. how could someone even work for 4 months without pay. if ur not paid within 1 week of the expiration of the first month, then most likely you'll not be paid. so quit after 1 month.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by Nobody: 10:38am On Aug 04, 2009
quote author=kosovo link=topic=303808.msg4288184#msg4288184 date=1249245666]
COCK AN BULL STORY.
i never knew a text message could be as long as the one found in the article.
what a waste!

Ignorance!!! People send 5-pages in one single text message

In his response,he did not mention the unpaid salaries, crook!!
He was just beating around the bush!!
One man business, uhnnn I fear them like hell!!
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by mbulela: 10:53am On Aug 04, 2009
raymond dokpesi has messed up.
he should never hadve replied to that article.
i was actually under the impression that that story was made up.
he has confirmed the text, ignored all the allegations in the text and the article (meaning they are not lies) and finally he has confirmed my fears that his empire is crumbling and that he dines with evil men (Ibori and Odili). hence he has no right to provide unbiased media report.
shame on you.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by mbulela: 10:55am On Aug 04, 2009
i am still looking for a rich Nigerian who can come to equity with clean hands.
if you see or know of one, please let me know.
when you read their interviews, they will attribute it to God's grace, hard work and intelligence.
all lies.
Re: AIT Television On The Brink Of Crumbling by DisGuy: 12:03pm On Aug 04, 2009
Arabambi1:

Re: AIT Television on the brink of crumbling, Dokpesi Reacts

Written by Raymond Dokpesi , Dr.
Monday, 03 August 2009 22:05 .

Unless we all make tremendous sacrifices for our country we cannot progress. Raymond Dokpesi has definitely played some role and we all should play our own.

God bless us all.
Raymond Dokpesi , Dr.
[color=#990000]rayaleogho@hotmail.com
[/color]

High chief is still using hotmail? undecided

even all his staff are using hotmail
whatst he point of having a company website then?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Natural Justice Comes To Sgt Rogers, Abacha's Hitman / FCT Workers Protesting At FCDA Secretariat In Abuja(Pictures) / Kaduna, Nigeria’s Second Most Indebted State – El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.