Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam (35893 Views)

Nairalander Review Of A32F: Budget Android Oreo Phone With Fingerprint Security / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9 / Tecno Boom J8 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by tymajek: 10:29am On Apr 16, 2016
13MP i think
daphid25:
The camera though
How many mega pixel is it?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by saintfaculty(m): 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2016
I'm stuck between chosing between boom j8 and driod pad 8 II. guyz, which is a better way to go?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by investment247: 7:44pm On Apr 16, 2016
Love4phones:
as in , that brand messed up.... but gionee has come to fill in the gap.

Abeg how did they mess up? Mk we know if we go port sharp sharp
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by highheybee: 8:44am On Apr 17, 2016
ollah1:
I'm wondering why nobody is saying shìt about tecno releasing a supposed flagship phone at the rate of 41k but based on an old OS. This device was debuted not long ago but it's on Lollipop and Mashmallow has been out there for 6 months plus.

Are Nigerians just in love with mediocreties or what?

Abeg phones like lgv10,bb priv jez received marshmallow update last week and this phones are flagship phones are are even released afta google announced mm....so shut up and samsung j3 and j5 2016 versions all debuted with lollipop and they were launched last month and cost more than this phone.....so gerarahere
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by highheybee: 8:50am On Apr 17, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Nice analysis of the phone but for a 13 mp, i should honestly say i expected more, like the okada pic, i am damn sure, if we zoom in on the woman at the end of the road, the pic would get blurry and with a 13 mp, it should be very good pictures not average all round performance, i love ur analysis as you broke everything down but they seriously need to work on their camera, sorry to compare but an Iphone 5s 8 mega pixel camera would murder that okada pic, the details you get is very good, i was expecting with a 13 mp, at least something near if not better than the 5s, sorry but this is my constructive criticism, thanks man..

Shup up...why not compare things of same prices....the 12mp on iphone 6s and nexus 6p ,s7,huawei p9 are better than most cameras....buh they ask for more money....compare it wif a phine of the same price...why will you even think of iphone 5s...Nigerians sha....why not think of galaxy j5
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by highheybee: 8:58am On Apr 17, 2016
metrosexual:
BustScam, I have never been a fan of the likes of Techno, Gionee and other related phones but I must confess that the Gionee Marathon M5 Mini is the best phone is the class of such phones.
I don't own one though.

Its got 4G LTE capability
Its got 2GB RAM
Its got 16GB internal memory
Its got a 4000Mah battery (the Boom J8 is 3000Mah)
Its got a 8MP camera, 5MP front camera (*coughs* we all know that the likes of Techno and Gionee camera specifications can't be compared to the likes of Samsung, HTC with same specs though)

And its price is 32K!

That price for me is what's making the phone sell out! So Techno needs to review their price, if Gionee M5 mini is going for 32K then no sane customer would pick it a Boom J8 over M5 Mini.

PS: Nsonaso, Please what phone are you using? The screengrab you posted to disprove the battery strength of the Boom J8 shows a phone with a good battery life, I wanna know which phone please. Thanks.

Cliveglobal1, you asked for a phone with same specs but cheaper price, here you go.

Abeg shut up...why u dey lie..d phone is 40k and uses mtk6580 that uses cortex a7 while the j8 uses a beta a53....better camera on the j8 also...better design...the only edge is the 4000amh.....nothing more and remember the j8 music capabilities....so pack well...gionee m5 mini is comparable to infinix hot 3 2gb ram variant and not the j8...the only competitor out there that beats j8 is infinix note 2 lte as for the price and no oda phone as far as Nigeria is concerned....tecno really tried wif these asnd don't 4get the boom headset

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by highheybee: 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2016
Hmm..i here som geez sayn dem b techy buh lemme highlight som tins for u

1.talkin of Andy mm..as techy you wud have known by now dat only 2.6percent of phones on market ar using it right now...and once again Sammy j5 which is the same as this phone specwise is over 50k if not 60k
2.xiaomi redmi 3 costs 48k,no let that guy fool y'al

And mm or lollipo the main diff is now on tap and doze mode which is what I can live without and lollipop is still d most used android version up to date so recno using such is allowed and make you reason as techy and bring a phone of such price wif marshamallow....olodo...prejudice I will call u

And anoda olodo also compared this phone wif Sammy s7,y pipu no rsn b4 comparn phones self...tecno are not for the premium phones buh mid range budget smartphones...that's what dey produce...and once again bring aphone of its price for the likes of samsung and lg...chkd gsmarena dis morning and saw galaxy j7(2016) wif only beta processor and marsham costing 73000 if converted to naira...and an lg stylo 2 wif sam specs and stylus wif mm also costn58k....check it
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2016
highheybee:

Shup up...why not compare things of same prices....the 12mp on iphone 6s and nexus 6p ,s7,huawei p9 are better than most cameras....buh they ask for more money....compare it wif a phine of the same price...why will you even think of iphone 5s...Nigerians sha....why not think of galaxy j5

thanks for the insult, you are not worthy enough for me to share my time and energy with plus your manner of response and use of words ... embarassed , please don't quote me again, ever.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by 360koncepts: 12:41am On Apr 18, 2016
I charged with a “generator” ? Does generator charge better than NEPA.. Please let me know.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by omoalajah(m): 1:07am On Apr 18, 2016
I think all telecoms company should start this. I should be able to get a new phone in exchange for my old phone and a lesser price.

mrlaw93:
Will tecno allow me to add some token to my boomj7 in exchange for this?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by gingerman876: 1:25am On Apr 18, 2016
Samsung J5 that has same spec with this phone is selling at an outrageous 50-60k. Tecno is giving us a phone with like-specs at 41k, and some will still complain.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by yinka360nl1: 1:38am On Apr 18, 2016
Bro with experience generator charges better than Nepa
360koncepts:
I charged with a “generator” ? Does generator charge better than NEPA.. Please let me know.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by highheybee: 4:17am On Apr 18, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

thanks for the insult, you are not worthy enough for me to share my time and energy with plus your manner of response and use of words ... embarassed , please don't quote me again, ever.

Insult u, I dint think I did such cox I only stated d fact buh mayb I hit a nerve sha.....
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by majorclems: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2016
MaryWest:

Uhhh boo..
The Boom J8 has so much more to offer than OS.
Virus ke? grin grin
Maybe it is only you tech people it affects.

My current phone runs on kit kat.
It wil clock 2 abi 3 yrs soon.
No virus ish.
How much more Andy 5.1

The Boom J8 is a MUSIC FLAGSHIP PHONE FROM TECNO

Tecno understands that Africans only buy budget phones.
They don't buy flagship phones since most don't have the purchasing power.

Your experience differs a lot from what others are saying.
J8 was created for Music and superior selfies.
It even has a flash in its front camera.

Kaiiiiiii
Ajibijibijibijibi
cheesy
NA LOVE UNA THEY COME HERE COME DO undecided
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Love4phones: 2:51pm On Apr 21, 2016
investment247:

Abeg how did they mess up? Mk we know if we go port sharp sharp
it is the battery life or hanging etc.. just name it
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by 3rdlegxxx(m): 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2016
Still thinking about the Rednote 3, this phone and the Lenovo K3, only the Tecno has no updates which is kind of sad tho
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:00pm On Apr 23, 2016
Baadal:
Incase anyone is interested i have a newly purchased Tecno boom J8 Gold colour with pack and accessories....owner prefers Phantom 5 call/whatsapp 08025220285
Are you for real?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ibibiofirstlady(f): 7:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
Baadal:
Incase anyone is interested i have a newly purchased Tecno boom J8 Gold colour with pack and accessories....owner prefers Phantom 5 call/whatsapp 08025220285
Are you for real?What happened to the J8
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Orator2383: 7:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
saintfaculty:
I'm stuck between chosing between boom j8 and driod pad 8 II. guyz, which is a better way to go?
you have to decide if you like tablet or phone
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Orator2383: 7:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Still thinking about the Rednote 3, this phone and the Lenovo K3, only the Tecno has no updates which is kind of sad tho
Tecno have started releasing updates now
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Mkmoney(m): 8:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
Orator2383:
Am yet to see mine dnt Want to try any illegal update on my Camon8
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by ametu166(m): 11:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello, good day, pls I want you to help me in winning a competition by opening the link below and like the post in it. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1066423856733995&id=100000991727312&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1066423856733995%3Atl_objid.1066423856733995%3Athid.100000991727312%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1462085999%3A6290388164754603849 Pls don't ignore. Thanks
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by BustScam: 11:24am On Apr 24, 2016
kogistar:
wat of changing imei ?
Really?
I have not tried to change the IMEI of the phone!
I will try to do that going into the week!
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 24, 2016
How can generator charge better than transformer. Nothing wey man no go read for nl
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by kogistar: 3:35pm On Apr 24, 2016
BustScam:

Really?
I have not tried to change the IMEI of the phone!
I will try to do that going into the week!
how far now?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:47pm On Apr 27, 2016
Orator2383:

for which and which phone?
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by brook75: 3:43am On Apr 29, 2016
BolajiChang:
Its actually the name that differs in all. The RAM in Tecno j8 is actually higher than that in some iphones

but when you compare how they run you will see almost no difference. the j8 is a good phone nonetheles
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by samsam2019: 8:49pm On Apr 29, 2016
If the pictures were indeed taken with the phone camera then tecno don mature
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by MaryAnne360: 10:50pm On Apr 29, 2016
Lol, Saara!

henry007:
The black one is eveen better with matte finish. can't believe i bought it at the same price.
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by JustOutstanding: 2:46am On Apr 30, 2016
Tecno Boom J8 post everywhere. Mehn, this phone must be the most talked about phone of 2016
Re: A Nairalander's Review Of The BOOM J8 By Bustscam by kesses: 8:39am On Apr 30, 2016
the device is 5.5, how someone will remove it from your pocket and u wont notice is beyond me.
Oladipupo22:
Finally, some one says the truth about this phone

Me I cannot let someone go and pick pocket me ooo

lalsticlala, obinoscopy, ishilove, seun

More people need to know about this
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
FTC

I dedicate my FTC to my parents who died in an auto crash 25 years ago cry cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Sowore: Elon Musk Smokes Weed On Live Show. (PHOTOS) / 5 Android Phones With 21MP Shooter For Camera Freaks This December / My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.