Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 (33627 Views)

Jega: Politicians Are Nigeria’s Greatest Threat / Oby Ezekwesili Describes Buhari's Speech As "Case Of Missed Opportunity" / Unizik Students Cry To Government As Ifite Road Becomes A Death Trap - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by captainprogress(m): 12:47pm On Apr 11, 2016
The presidential candidate of the National Conscience Party, NCP, in last year’s election, Mr. Martin Onovo has claimed that the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari is “the greatest danger to confront Nigeria” since Independence, even as he accused the government of being divisive.
The opposition politician, who made this assertion last night when he featured on Channels Television’s Sunday Politics programme, accused Buhari of violating the constitution in several areas, highlighting the making of appointments that runs fowl of the federal character principle.

He said the All Progressives Congress, APC-led government had reneged on several of its campaign promises, saying instead of creating the million jobs in line with its vow, there has been “millions of job loss”.

Let’s remove official issues and deal with fundamentals; this government is the greatest danger that has confronted Nigeria since independence. This government is very, very divisive. Right now, this country is divided along religious and ethnic lines. We don’t need that. This government is very deceitful,” he said.

When asked by the presenter to prove his allegation, Onovo said: “If you don’t believe it, I have a document titled APC manifesto 2015. The document was signed by John Oyegun, national chairman of the ruling party.

“One of the things written there is three million jobs every year, but what have we seen? Instead of three million new jobs, it’s millions of job loss. In the document was immediate recruitment of 100,000 police officers, what have we seen? Announcement to recruit 10,000. The document also promised to increase the salaries of five security agencies, but what are we seeing, debt, owing salaries and allowances, even that of soldiers in the north-east. So if that is not deceitful, what is?

“This government is very dictatorial, abusing the laws and the constitution of the country. The constitution is very clear about so many issues, one is appointment. The other time a national newspaper published how out of 37 appointments, 30 were given from a section of the country. Now, what is that supposed to be? Look at the security appointment, six major appointments were made, and anybody who is a nationalist would have given one position to each of the geopolitical zones.

I don’t want to go further, because if I give further information that I have, which I can confirm, it can be incisive, so I don’t want to give that level of information. Six major security positions were announced and the same sections of the country that were complaining of exclusion and marginalisation were left out, contrary to the constitution of Nigeria. Federal Character is very clear; it’s a constitutional requirement, not a political requirement.”

Onovo, who dismissed the 2016 budget as having nothing good about it, opposed the idea of borrowing to fund the budget. He alleged that the Edo State Governor, Adams Oshiomhole, who is also of the APC, also has some reservations about the budget.

According to him, “These things are simple; it’s not because I belong to the opposition. We have heard a lot of things, we have heard of stolen budget, we have heard of padding, we have heard of missing budget, we heard of re-presentation of the budget. Which scandal have we not heard of?” he asked.

“If you must borrow, borrow for either development or project that can be paid off the budget. That is the first universal macroeconomic principle on the economy. Now, you will vote it in a very perverse manner. You borrow about 40 percent and you allocate only 30 percent to capital project.

“The difference you are plugging to recurrent that even your own Oshiomhole has advised you to cut down. Is Oshiomhole in the opposition? Why can we accept basic universal truth and principles? Why must everything be coloured with politics?”

http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/11/onovo-describes-buharis-government-as-nigerias-greatest-danger-since-independence/

74 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by chriskosherbal(m): 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
I think that is a personal opinion.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Godstraight(m): 12:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
na lie before

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Pidggin(f): 12:53pm On Apr 11, 2016
We are all seeing the hand writing on the wall, only zombies are legally blind to the truth grin

227 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by onyi4edu(f): 1:34pm On Apr 11, 2016
captainprogress:

“The difference you are plugging to recurrent that even your own Oshiomhole has advised you to cut down. Is Oshiomhole in the opposition? Why can we accept basic universal truth and principles? Why must everything be coloured with politics?”
http://dailypost.ng/2016/04/11/onovo-describes-buharis-government-as-nigerias-greatest-danger-since-independence/

Sir, this is same question I keep asking.

I totally agree with you, this government is so deceitful, insensitive and dictatorial; doing same thing they preached against.
Let's keep waiting maybe, just maybe something positive will surface like a miracle, but until then, this government is no good

125 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by dtruth3(m): 1:45pm On Apr 11, 2016
I watched the program live and I couldn't take my dinner anymore.

The submission of Mike Onovo was satisfying enough! He actually took APC to the cleaners with facts and figures!

And when Lie Mohammed took the stage, he was dumbfounded and was stammering. All he was doing was to apologize for the govt's ineptitudes'.

264 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by chynie: 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2016
pls is this a delivered zombie or a wailer spotted grin

too late to cry

just watching in my 3d glass cool

3 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by BLWeb: 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
We are just too sensational in this country

5 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by tahir01(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Okay. We don hear.

1 Like

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Viktor1983(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Real Talk !
Onovo is a Facts Only person....
Zombies, come chop 5course meal.

114 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by frankobaba(m): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by MaryWest(f): 3:01pm On Apr 11, 2016
gbammest

He is equally a danger to himself.
The man's sitting on a volatile keg of gun powder.

4 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by RedCapChief(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
Once you confront APC with facts, they will brand you a wailer or an IPOB/IPAD grin
Aisha's rice must be really captivating.

134 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by 5starmilitant: 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
It's so glaring bubu is an economic novice. But trust the zombies, they will tag this man iPod/wailer. They don't fail to defend their coconut head Saviour.

Bubu may be 73 but economically he's a kid.
Even mr Dele momodu Osinachi will concour to that.

48 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by bisdam9086(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
Whatever..
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by ayusco85(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
I concur

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by SPG4U(m): 3:02pm On Apr 11, 2016
whi is he
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
WHERE WAS HE WHEN MADAM NOI AND THE BUFFON WERE PLUNGING NIGERIA INTO THIS MESS?.

8 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by kraftykc(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
I am desirous of seeing this man in govt not for him to prove me right or wrong, I just want to see what he is capable of.

5 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Lilimax(f): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
Buhari and his team said we should be patient with them.
We are waiting for them in optimism to translate their CHANGE slogan to better the lot of the common man.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by MzMercie: 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
dtruth3:
I watched the program live and I couldn't take my dinner anymore.

The submission of Mike Onovo was satisfying enough! He actually took APC to the cleaners with facts and figures!

And when Lie Mohammed took the stage, he was dumbfounded and was stammering. All he was doing was to apologize for the govt's ineptitudes'.
Really?

7 Likes

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by emmykk(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
Pres.Mohammadu Buhari be like you people rejected me three times,i don catch una...

Pres.Gej be like they said i was clueless with all my achievement i wonder what they will call GMB.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Monimatic(m): 3:03pm On Apr 11, 2016
That Onovo guy takes no prisoner, ask Maupe, Chamberlain and other from Channels tv, they fear the guy, he has dealt with them seriously well when it comes to talking about state of the Nation

96 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by SageTravels: 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
maoolakanm:
WHERE WAS HE WHEN MADAM NOI AND THE BUFFON WERE PLUNGING NIGERIA INTO THIS MESS?.

Your one of the problem of this Nation called Nigeria. Somebody will spot a problem in this current government and your referring him back to the past administration you kicked out. What nonsense. APC as a whole Hate truth and they dont no that no matter now far lie goes truth will surely overcome it.

Check my Signature

120 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Daddymum: 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
okkkk
Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by kraftykc(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
maoolakanm:

Running against them in a different political party.

Same thing President Buhari was doing.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Blitz888(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
Borrowing to finance a recurrent budget is tantamount to economic suicide...

Lord have mercy

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by obynocute(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2016
dis man needs to lecture mr bubu nd all hiz ministers for a whole semester....

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by luvinhubby(m): 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
His question - Budget of 6 trillion with 70% overhead cost, which is around 4 trillion & last year overhead budget was 3 trillion, what increased our overhead?

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Onovo Describes Buhari’s Government As Nigeria’s Greatest Danger Since 1960 by Ebukaobi: 3:05pm On Apr 11, 2016
Another IPOB sympathizer

Buhari is the best thing to happen to Nigeria

He will rule you and your family till 2023 AND BEYOND

Sai Baba

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Amy Uses Trump's Speech To Justify Killings - New York Times / Military: Fleeing Boko Haram On Rampage / Aminu Atiku Flees With His Son Aamir Atiku As He Loses Custody Battle To Ex Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.