Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,739 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Should Bride Price Be Abolished? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Bride Price Be Abolished? (2517 Views)

Waiting For Your Fiancée To Get Pregnant Before Going To Pay Her Bride Price / Nigerian Girls Mentality That Should Be Abolished - See Pictures / Bride Price Payment Should Be Abolished In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by MarryMeee: 11:54am On Jun 21, 2016
halfricanadian:

lol i will decline it fast

I care bou his heart soul nature nt his money

Ok so after d money he cheats abi?
Or turn me to punching bag?

Im d girl dat blivs i can make my own money too so use love to impress me not money
you are missing the point. Even if you get $50 ring you are still bought at price (in this case a very cheap one) Its redundant to think that paying bride price is irrational but buying an engagement or wedding ring isn't, either way it still places a price tag on you.
Re: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by halfricanadian(f): 12:07pm On Jun 21, 2016
MarryMeee:
you are missing the point. Even if you get $50 ring you are still bought at price (in this case a very cheap one) Its redundant to think that paying bride price is irrational but buying an engagement or wedding ring isn't, either way it still places a price tag on you.

lol u no wan gimme hope atall continue cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by whogoscam: 12:25am On Jun 22, 2016
Tay16:
you can't pay for love but you spent money on a wedding, im still trying to make sense out of this. If you do not mind me asking, when did you finish paying back all the money lended to you to have your white wedding?

Maybe you might not be aware that before white people came to Africa, paying bride price was what signified the union between 2people and white people had a wedding ceremony to signify the union between 2people. Its funny how you think your own tradition is archaic when its purpose is just the same as a white wedding that you are now having in the 21st century. If white men start wearing skirts on a daily basis i bet you will be the first follow, so you wont be called archaic for following your own culture or tradition grin

The beauty of Asian and Native American people is that they have their own minds and they still embrace their own culture. Although they have been influenced Western ideas, they never through away their culture because a white person doesn't believe in what they believe in. Unfortunately the same cannot be said about some African men, he cannot engage in anything a white person doesn't understand or approve of.

1. Money was not lent to me. You must be broke and cheap.

2. It's simple commerce. I pay for a woman in the name of BRIDE PRICE! PRICE!! PRICE!!! Who is fooling who? Open your eyes undecided It's a price. That's cost for a comodity. It's not same as a white wedding. White wedding there is no fixed price it's what I want. What I want to spend. But in africa there is fixed price for the woman. Soon dollar go affect am undecided

3. I did not marry an Asian. Your post is off point.

1 Like

Re: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by boxer022(m): 12:42am On Jun 22, 2016
In this our country and other countries I believe that paying of bride price is essential and compulsory. You cannot just marry a girl without paying her bride price, if is not done so. What you should have said is that you are appealing that bride prices be reduced. For instance, when my sister got married the guy was given the list of things to buy and told to bring N10, 000 cash. On the day of her wine carrying he brought all he was told to bring and the only cash my dad took from the 10, 000 he was told to bring was 1,000 and returned the balance to the family of the man. So as far as marriage is concerned bride price must be paid.
Re: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by MarryMeee: 3:53am On Jun 22, 2016
halfricanadian:

lol u no wan gimme hope atall continue cheesy cheesy
I'm not trying to make you lose hope, I'm just telling you its the same damn thing, done in different ways.
Re: Should Bride Price Be Abolished? by Tay16(f): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
whogoscam:

1. Money was not lent to me. You must be broke and cheap.

2. It's simple commerce. I pay for a woman in the name of BRIDE PRICE! PRICE!! PRICE!!! Who is fooling who? Open your eyes undecided It's a price. That's cost for a comodity. It's not same as a white wedding. White wedding there is no fixed price it's what I want. What I want to spend. But in africa there is fixed price for the woman. Soon dollar go affect am undecided

3. I did not marry an Asian. Your post is off point.
do tell the purpose of a white wedding please, since according to you they do not come with a fixed price

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal To SEUN / My Apologies To AWON WEYREY GROUP (iamkingzlee). / Its Been Decades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.