Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,243 members, 7,818,833 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Buhari, Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari, Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change (599 Views)

El-Rufai Mocks Anti-Buhari Nigerians With Music Video / Buhari: Nigerians Are Suspicious, Open Up Now – Doctors Tell Presidency / Man Wants Buhari, Nigerians Dead Over Fuel Scarcity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari, Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by LegalAnalyst(m): 9:07pm On Apr 11, 2016
In March 2015, we voted for Change, but it's now obvious we are not ready for it. Why? Because many Nigerians now prefer old PDP style of government because of obvious fuel scarcity; epileptic power supply; and failure of President Muhammadu Bahari to fulfil some of his campaign promises almost a year after the election. I’m not an adherent of these complaints for I know it will soon disappear.

But let me say this: I’m not an ardent fan of Buhari and I will never be. I stand with Buhari only when his policies are aimed at improving Nigerians’ welfare and will continue to criticize him when his policies are not. But on the fight against corruption, I do not only stand with Buhari, but also support his strategy. But something worries me. Agents of doom are at it again

They are Nigerians and many of them will tell you they desire change but act otherwise. Please don’t listen to them, they are agents of doom and are only desirous of change where their kinsmen alone will be spared of war against corruption. This is their old idea of PDP when nepotism, tribalism, favoritism, ethnicity and religion sentiment pervaded all sphere of our national ideology. These fake agents of change still have PDP ideology of nepotism in them.

It will shock you to know that you are also one of them. You are one of them If you embrace and subscribe to the ideal of nepotism and favoritism in the fight against corruption. Nepotism is when you believe Olisa Metuh's trial is targeted at taming opposition in Nigeria. Nepotism is when you think Dasuki should be released because is a Fulani man. Nepotism is when you desire Saraki’s trial be stalled on account of political reason. Nepotism is when you conclude that Kanu’s trial is a form of Buhari’s vengeance against the Igbo. You are an agent of doom If you fall into any of the above categories. Believe me, you are also a wailer.

Hmmm, did I just say all this? Yes, I meant all I said. But my dear reader, don't be surprised as you will soon see many agents of doom will start to lampoon me now for writing this piece. But I care less. As a common man, what I expect we should do is to support PMB’s anti-corruption crusade and call for the reopening of all old corruption cases. Including cases against Tinubu, Obasanjo, Atiku and others.

Above all, many of us wanted a serious government that will fight corruption to a standstill and provide dividends of democracy to all. Thank God Buhari is fighting corruption already, but we must also fight these agents of doom for PMB to succeed. For this reason, support PMB’s anti-corruption crusade when he said "I pledge myself and the government to the rule of law, in which none shall be so above the law that they are not subject to its dictates, and none shall be so below it that they are not availed of its protection".

*NaijaLegalAnalyst*

1 Like

Re: Buhari, Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by TheBossLadyK(f): 9:10pm On Apr 11, 2016
Waka Waka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari, Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 11, 2016
the old me would have called the op a nittering naboob but this new me would just smile and shake my head...grow up son, grow up.
Re: Buhari, Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by babyfaceafrica: 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2016
Nice one OP...but they won't hear,stop wasting Your Time
Re: Buhari, Nigerians Are Not Ready For Change by Achuwa1(m): 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2016
Peace of trash,,,,

(1) (Reply)

Gallant Lady Join Vigilante To Fight Boko Haram In Borno (see Photo) / Ekiti Farmers Appeal To Buhari For Assistance / ACLN Demands Saraki’s Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.