Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock (9672 Views)

Jonathan Moves Property From Aso Rock, Plans Global Shuttle,to Write Book / Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa, Otuoke Upon Exit From Aso Rock (photo) / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by kelvinnn(m): 2:00pm On Aug 03, 2009
To me, i think there are som reasns y e doesnt wnt him to enta d aso rock.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by noetic2: 2:04pm On Aug 03, 2009
Does yaradua have genuine sincere and honest advisers at all?
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by oshkosh(m): 2:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
I find this tribal thing so so annoying.

Yoruba's keeping to themselves like a fiefdom, Igbo's doing their bit judging every other tribe except theirs, 

And all this coming from our generation,  What hope is there for the future for our dear country,
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by stiyke(m): 2:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tribal shit, thats y north will keep dominating south. must it degenerate into ibo vs yoruba vs ijaw vs etc??
Na wa oohh.

Sometimes NL posters just loose it.

who in his right mind will like to be proud dropping Yar a' dung??
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by wunmilyn(f): 3:49pm On Aug 03, 2009
Who is Yar'adua undecided undecided
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Ijawman(m): 3:56pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tinubu is a nobody; a Chicago certificate forger and a drug baron. Warts and all, Yaradua is 1000% more respectable than Tinubu, except of course amongst his tribalism blinded brothers.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by switch47(m): 4:01pm On Aug 03, 2009
@post!!
  Dumb thread-----Tinubu rocks yoruba rocks- ya arudua rocks-----Nigeria rocks---------------this thread sucks!! cool

@ all
A man is what he is------and that has nothing to do with tribe------every tribe has the good the bad the ugly and the very horrible-----------people who holds tribal sentiments are most times incredibly stupid-----------daft, dumb, and lacks basic intelligence to avoid Dumb fallacies!!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:02pm On Aug 03, 2009
switch47:

@post!!
Dumb thread-----Tinubu rocks yoruba rocks- ya arudua rocks-----Nigeria rocks---------------this thread sucks!! cool

A drug baron sucks!!!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Rebarobyn: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2009
why can't people be seen as people, why do they have to be a representative of a tribe.

I'm sure if Tinubu had done something good, he won't be seen as Yoruba, then he'll be a Nigerian.

shame on all you prejudiced unexposed haters, please emancipate your brains!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
Rebarobyn:

why can't people be seen as people, why do they have to be a representative of a tribe.

I'm sure if Tinubu had done something good, he won't be seen as Yoruba, then he'll be a Nigerian.

shame on all you prejudiced unexposed haters, please emancipate your brains!

So you know he has not done anything good!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by globatop: 4:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
Here are some frightening stats. from your Oduduwa nation:

Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo: Ex convict
Bola Ahmed Tinubu : Drug baron cum ex convict
Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo: Ex convict
Donaldson Oladipo Diya (the weeping general): Ex convict
Abdulkarim Adisa: Ex convict
Tajudeen Olanrewaju: Ex convict
Moshood K Abiola (ITT, International Thief Thief): Died in Detention!*****

@sunny_bobo

In the whole of ur tribe can anyone match what Awolowo has contributed to this nation, less of this tribal issue, if Tinubu is a baron, can any governor in ur region match 10% of his achiviement in governance despite their okija shrine activities, yoruba race is still the most decent among all tribes of Nigeria, beleive it or not.  Likes of ur tribe are the reasons why Nigerians are humiliated abroad, yet u open ur mouth calling pple baron.  Should Tinubu not entering Aso Rock be issue in Yar Dua mind when all Industrialist are finding their ways to Ghana, a more conducive country for bussiness.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by switch47(m): 4:19pm On Aug 03, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

A drug baron sucks!!!
Freaky- freaky------ cheesy   HE WHO ASSERTS MUST PROVE   grin grin    this thread still sucks----- crepy creepy---- shocked

Anyone who has tribal sentiment is a mumu------dem no just get sense at all---unfortuenately there are no vaccines for imbecility so SORRY- NO REMEDY!! grin grin YORUBA- IGBO- HAUSA-IZON- and the rest ROCKS---------all of dem rural sentimental rats all over this place are just plain stupid!! -------and this thread still gat no intellectual value lipsrsealed

switch has left the building-----------creepy-----creepy-------- grin grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Rebarobyn: 4:24pm On Aug 03, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

So you know he has not done anything good!

well at least you get the point, no one is above wrong-doing and tinubu is a loud-mouth if truly he went around dropping yaradua's name but no ethnic profiling please!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Becomrich: 4:29pm On Aug 03, 2009
you people should stop listen to chuck odili and nigeriaworld.com this person be like say na 419. yar adua and tinubu are friends. even yar adua have know tinubu for more than 30 years. yar adua use to live in lagos. yar adua knows tinubu mother. yar adua father was a minister of the federal republic of nigeria and yar adua was living with his father in lagos.

yar adua had know tinubu before they went into politics. yar adua even worked in lagos before.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
tribalism is the reason this nation is underdeveloped,it is the same reason qualified people are not in the right positions in public and private establishments.
it is painful and shameful to note that the surposed leaders of tomorrow are not even willing to make a change yet. SOMETIMES I WISH I WASN'T A NIGERIAN because MOST TIMES OUR REASONING IS PAROCIAL AND ONE SIDED.
YOUTHS LETS EMBRACE OURSELFS AND CHART A GOOD CAUSE FOR THIS NATIONS.
WEN WE MEET IN OTHER NATIONS AS HUSTLERS WE REMEMBER WE ARE BROTHERS BUT AT HOME WE ARE WORST THAN ENEMIES.
ITS FUNNY BUT ITS ALSO A FACT WHICH WILL ONLY MAKE US REMAIN STAGNANT
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:37pm On Aug 03, 2009
globatop:

@sunny_bobo

In the whole of ur tribe can anyone match what Awolowo has contributed to this nation, less of this tribal issue, if Tinubu is a baron, can any governor in ur region match 10% of his achiviement in governance despite their okija shrine activities, yoruba race is still the most decent among all tribes of Nigeria, beleive it or not.  Likes of ur tribe are the reasons why Nigerians are humiliated abroad, yet u open ur mouth calling pple baron.  Should Tinubu not entering Aso Rock be issue in Yar Dua mind when all Industrialist are finding their ways to Ghana, a more conducive country for bussiness.

What did Awolowo do for Nigeria?

Zik contributed much more than anybody else to the existence of the contraption called Nigeria. If you talk of what Awo did for yorubas, that will be a different thing but please, seperate yoruba from Nigeria. If at all Awo did anything for Nigeria, it was starving millions of Biafran children and making them die of kwashiokor and giving 20 pounds to the Igbos after the war and then going ahead to nationalise most foreign companies at a time when the Igbo people had just twenty pounds thereby excluding them from buying shares in those companies at that time.

I guess in your own view, the above are achievements and contribution to the growth of Nigeria. I wish he is alive now to see what the Igbos have been able to turn his 20 pounds into. If he were alive today, he would definitely be at the Hague, answering to charges of genocide!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Becomrich: 4:49pm On Aug 03, 2009
awo never stave anyone?

your igbo people went to war against nigeria and in war people suffer and it had nothing to do with awo. awo did not ask igbos to declear a civil war.? awo was in jail in the east during most of the story of the civil war. stop telling a lie.

awo paid igbo 20 pound. nigeria did not need to pay people any more. no africa countries have ever pay anyone money after a civil war. 20 pound those days was alot of money. it was the same salary of a teacher . it was alot of money most igbo would never earn 20 pound in thier life those day. teacher was like God. it was like paying igbo money you pay to God, even yorubas never recieve 20 pound for getting killed over the war. this is one of the reason the igbos took over trading in yorubaland. while the yorubas had no money to start a business , the igbos had 20 pound.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:57pm On Aug 03, 2009
Becomrich:

awo never stave anyone?

your igbo people went to war against nigeria and in war people suffer and it had nothing to do with awo. awo did not ask igbos to declear a civil war.? awo was in jail in the east during most of the story of the civil war. stop telling a lie.

awo paid igbo 20 pound. nigeria did not need to pay people any more. no africa countries have ever pay anyone money after a civil war. 20 pound those days was alot of money. it was the same salary of a teacher . it was alot of money most igbo would never earn 20 pound in thier life those day. teacher was like God. it was like paying igbo money you pay to God, even yorubas never recieve 20 pound for getting killed over the war. this is one of the reason the igbos took over trading in yorubaland. while the yorubas had no money to start a business , the igbos had 20 pound.

Becomrich,

Ur post above shows you are grossly ignorant of the 20 pound palava. The fact of the matter is that 20 pounds was given to every Biafran who had deposit in a Nigerian bank (irrespective of the amount of money one had in his or her account) at the end of the war. My father had £1,355 pounds in his account with Barclays bank DCO Ibadan where he was doing businessn at 17New Court road Ibadan. He got 20 pounds after the war.

So, it is not like the Nigerian government was acting santa claus, sharing 20 pounds to every Igbo man!!!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 5:02pm On Aug 03, 2009
Actions like payinga paltry sum of 20 pounds to any one with deposits in the banks regardless of the amount in the account. To me that's FINANCIAL CRIME of the FIRST ORDER with the intention of subjugating and making us subservient all the rest of our lives, in the event of the selling off of our national corporations and consequent acquisition of ownerships under the term "nationalisation" and so many other despicable plans and schemings that failed because God's with us,
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by sherrylo: 5:40pm On Aug 03, 2009
@ Sunny bobo, please you have to go back to your igbo pastor King your treatment is not complete why did you run away?to come and show your senselessness on nairaland? I guess you need some fire from your pastor King!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by gent2ken(m): 5:49pm On Aug 03, 2009
[color=#990000][/color] but before that where is OBJ the main man of Nigeria issue and why is he not bar or sentence to everlasty Jail.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by sley4life(m): 5:55pm On Aug 03, 2009
Ijawman:

He is a good example of a Yoruba. Here in the US, they drop names like ''no man's'' business. Useless people.
right. anybody wey disagree with u na him business. Its genetic traits with that section of nigeria
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by sley4life(m): 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2009
Tippy Top:

Let the truth be told, Yoruba people can't keep their mouth shut. I think its ingrained or may it is inherited anyway it sucks.
i support u with your comment
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by babapupa: 5:59pm On Aug 03, 2009
Sunny bobo,

One more time, Awo was not the president of Nigeria, he was elected and charged to administrate the western region, that's what he took oath to do and he did a fine Job and I don't mind giving you a long list of his achievements. Yes he did a lot for his people, that was his Job as the administrator of the western region, I don't know what part of his Job as premier of western region you do not understand. He was not the president of Nigeria. Also, most of Awo's achievements was outstanding, measurable and photo copied nation wide.

On the other hand, Zik didn't give a shit about his people, all he wanted was to be a figure head president and boy boy to his hausa masters. Greed, yeye and unattainable ambitions and shortsightedness got the best oh him.

Just like Awo, Zik was the premier of the eastern region so if you wanna talk about achievements, lets stack their achievements in their respective regions side by side and compare.

Also, why didn't Zik listen to Awo in '59 and declare independence in the south instead joining the hausas and giving the northerners time and opportunity to get ready and formulate plans against the south. That crucial single mistake and cruel deception remains the only reason why we're in a mess.

"Chief Awolowo was known across the country for his discipline. He had no concubine anywhere, no secret child anywhere and no secret account, either locally or abroad. His moderation was known to all. He was in charge of a region, the equivalent of eight states today, without soiling his fingers. He was in charge of the nation’s treasury during a war and could account for every penny. Such quality is rare today when people think more about what they will benefit from the system than what benefit they want to give to the system."

"What no one can't take from him is the credit for managing that war strictly within the resources of Nigeria such that at the end of the conflict, Nigeria owed no country a kobo. Nigeria's finances were in perfect shape.

No country in the world has that record"

[b]
Under Awolowo, free education at the post-secondary level; free education at the post-primary level, free and compulsory primary education, free and compulsory education for adults, free preventive and curative health services for all, comprehensive and compulsory social insurance scheme for all Nigerian citizens", and "schemes for the care and rehabilitation of orphans, the infirm, the disabled and the mentally deficient or deranged, encouragement of art and culture, sports and athletics throughout the length and breadth of the country".

Now, what did zik do for Nigeria again? feel free to itemize,
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Nezan(m): 6:15pm On Aug 03, 2009
de man too dey yarn
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by sherrylo: 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2009
Even as Awo was not the president of Nigeria he still brought development to Nigeria.@ least the first television station in Africa was brought to Ibadan the then western region of Nigeria in 1949, so what do you call that? DEVELOPMENT!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Meldrick(m): 6:35pm On Aug 03, 2009
globatop:

@sunny_bobo

My friend shut the fu--ck up. It annoys me when people start idolising individuals. It annoys me more when people are over-clouded by tribal sentiments and are never truthful. Who the hell is Tinubu? Within the period he governed Lagos State, what good did he do for Lagos and lagosians in general. He was busy throwing parties and been present at all Owambe. Today he wants to be seen as a national hero and some crazy people say he fought Obasanjo therefore he fought for Democracy. Soon, they will soon request that Democracy day should be on his birthday.
The only good thing he did for Lagos was Fashola and he must stop associating himself with the success Fashola has achieved because if Fashola was like Tinubu, Lagos would be far from development.

I apprecite the works of Awolowo but I must give more kudos to Azikiwe. He was the true nationalist. He was never sentimental and then interest of Nigeria was first in his heart. Awolowo had the interest of the Yorubas first before Nigeria.

As for Yaradua, I don't see any reason why he should get unnecessarily infuriated by Tinubu's behaviour. The man has something up his sleeves but he must be ejected from Aso Rock before 2011.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by ddream: 6:38pm On Aug 03, 2009
Serves him right! he's a no good "AREA BOY"!!! I hope the incumbent governor can  finish cleaning the mess he left Lagos in. angry angry angry
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Ijawman(m): 6:47pm On Aug 03, 2009
You only need to be in a bus, train, metro, etc, etc and hear a Yoruba make a phone call. It is so loud Yoruba Yoruba such that Oyibos and other non-Nigerian blacks around know immediately that a Nigerian is talking on phone. Na dia way? Useless people.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by dfanthom(m): 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
bola tinubu should still throw a party for this! however, i still have to say these perverts are pals till next tomorrow & will collude & conspire to run naija down as per their personal interests so i wonder why some folks are getting unnecessarily heated up!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by babapupa: 6:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
Ijawman, it's ok to grunt and let out your frustrations but try make sense sometimes. You just dey sound like disgruntled mad man,
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by okokomeji: 6:54pm On Aug 03, 2009
@Sunny_bobo or Saboteur _baboon or Silly-Buffon

Sunny_bobo:

Actions like payinga paltry sum of 20 pounds to any one with deposits in the banks regardless of the amount in the account. To me that's FINANCIAL CRIME of the FIRST ORDER with the intention of subjugating and making us subservient all the rest of our lives, in the event of the selling off of our national corporations and consequent acquisition of ownerships under the term "nationalisation" and so many other despicable plans and schemings that failed because God's with us,
Haba! Awo gave these un-appreciative people (Igbos) 120 pounds each, that's like 480,000 naira by today's currency conversion. I wish I had that fool!
When bad decisions favor you, many of you will keep quiet, but when it back rolls, you will open your damn mouth to play a race card.
Remember, Awolowo won the general election, but they claimed it was insufficient counts, because of two-third policy. Then, a lot of Yorubas paid their allegiance to Awo by boycotting the then government. Biaf-rats, just jumped to government under Hausas' influence (they didn't complain about that one ooo). The ironic part of it (most of these government functions, they wanted to dominate were built by Western Region self-government, which were later converted to Federal Government properties in the name of nationalization.
“Just to demonstrate Igbo people precocious altitudes and self-centered mentality. The then government wants Quota system and Federal character just to help (East that just got out of war and North that is educationally less-privileged against the Educational developed West.
The two only federal institutions then in the whole Nigeria, are UI (University of Ibadan) and UL (University of Lagos) built by western region governments but later converted to federal universities.”
1)   In 1960s there were several Yoruba professor already, but just in the name of Federal Character as it’s been stipulated in our constitution. Igbo professor (Kenneth Dike) was opportune to be the Vice Chancellor at Ibadan, he had finished his tenure and would be replaced by Professor. Then, he played a race card by calling tribalism; maybe he wanted to turn the post to his birthright?
2)   Eni Njoku held a court and later became Unilag Vice chancellor, he was due to be replaced when he pulled a race card and raised a deafening yell of tribalism and financed students to raise hell and mayhem in the course of which Professor
Biobaku was stabbed in an assassination attempt.
3)   The same trait was found in Charles Soludo, after five years that even led to capsize of stock rate; he was about to be replaced when he cried of tribalism. Then, not even up to three days after he retired, he said he wants to run for gubernatorial election.
4)   Dr Nnamdi Azikwue, an elderly statesman openly supported Biafran militants and went on a sojourn leave abroad by feigning sickness.
5)   Chukwumerije Ojukwu did the same thing.

Muritala's overthrown government favored Igbo people so much (when he sacked 10,000 workers in just one day)-- that's why you got to love Hausa people and put your hatred away.

To me that's FINANCIAL CRIME of the FIRST ORDER with the intention of subjugating and making us subservient all the rest of our lives, in the event of the selling off of our national corporations and consequent acquisition of ownerships under the term "nationalization" and so many other despicable plans and schemings that failed because God's with us,
How is God on your side when you don't have nothing to show for it?
The 2008 states' statistics for internal revenues (out of 13 states that generated more than 10 billion nairas, Yoruba states made it all, except Ekiti state-- I am talking about Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Ondo, Kwara and Kogi). That tells you, you should never underestimate the innovative power of Yoruba people.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Judiciary Workers Closed Down All Courts Nationwide / IGBOS And The South South Minorities. / Saraki's Appeals Against CCT Trial Delayed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.