Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock (9658 Views)

Jonathan Moves Property From Aso Rock, Plans Global Shuttle,to Write Book / Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa, Otuoke Upon Exit From Aso Rock (photo) / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Ijawman(m): 1:06am On Aug 03, 2009
Ex-Gov Ahmed Bola Tinubu barred from Aso Rock
By Our Reporter
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Former Lagos State governor, Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu, may have incurred the wrath of President Umaru Yar’Adua over what was described as “acts unbecoming of a former governor.”

Indeed, the President may have ordered security agencies to thwart any attempt by the former governor to have access to Aso Rock, the seat of power.

Highly impeccable sources close to the presidency disclosed to the Saturday Tribune that the President declared Tinubu persona non grata to Aso Rock following what the sources disclosed as name-dropping of Yar’Adua by Tinubu.

According to the sources, Yar’Adua became angry when he got security reports that Tinubu was going about telling many people in the country and abroad that he was close to Yar’Adua and that he could enter the Aso Rock anytime he liked due to his closeness to the President.

He was quoted to have said that he used to see the president on a daily basis. But President Yar’Adua, the very credible sources said, got very angry when he got the report, saying that the last time he ever saw Tinubu was over 17 months ago.

The President was also reported to have said he never knew Tinubu before he became a governor, contrary to what the former Lagos State governor was telling people.

Yar’Adua reportedly said he only knew Tinubu through a very close aide.

The sources said President Yar’Adua had to call the top aide to inform him about the name-dropping attitude of Tinubu. He then asked him to warn Tinubu never to drop his name.

The visibly angry Yar’Adua also told his security aides that he should never see Tinubu at the Presidential Villa for whatever reasons and that the security chiefs should henceforth monitor his activities.

It was not long after this development that the issue of the controversy over the 57 local government areas resurfaced. It will be recalled that Tinubu had a running battle with former President Olusegun Obasanjo over the controversial 20 local governments and 37 development areas as the former president withheld the allocations to the local governments for many years.

The administration then insisted that Lagos must revert to the 20 local government areas before the allocations could be released, but the Tinubu’s administration insisted that Lagos must have more than 20 local governments.

After some time, his government reverted to 20 local government areas and created 37 council development areas, a move that did not go down well with the Federal Government.

But with the current attitude of Tinubu, sources said President Yar’Adua decided to revisit the issue of the 57 local government areas in the state which he said were illegal as the 1999 Constitution only recognised 20 councils.

He has, therefore, threatened to drag the current government of Babatude Fashola to court over the council issue. Fashola was the Chief of Staff when Tinubu was the governor of the state.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/aug/1/600.html
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Ijawman(m): 1:13am On Aug 03, 2009
He is a good example of a Yoruba. Here in the US, they drop names like ''no man's'' business. Useless people.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:22am On Aug 03, 2009
and the drama continues, grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by TippyTop(m): 1:37am On Aug 03, 2009
Let the truth be told, Yoruba people can't keep their mouth shut. I think its ingrained or may it is inherited anyway it sucks.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by babapupa: 6:14am On Aug 03, 2009
See as gullible people let hatred, jealousy, and bigotry cloud their judgment and  sense of reasoning. What's there to drop in yar adua's name?

Shouldn't any reasonable and right thinking pesin question why a man like TINUBU dey waka around dropping and claiming his known enemy's name?

What qualities and benefits yaradua get wey go make any sane pesin to dey drop and claim am?

You people no dey disappoint to amaze me I swear.

I know Ijawman no get sense so I go allow am small leeway,

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.”

- Coretta Scott King quotes
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Gbawe: 7:15am On Aug 03, 2009
Highly impeccable sources close to the presidency disclosed to the Saturday Tribune that the President declared Tinubu persona non grata to Aso Rock following what the sources disclosed as name-dropping of Yar’Adua by Tinubu.

According to the sources, Yar’Adua became angry when he got security reports that Tinubu was going about telling many people in the country and abroad that he was close to Yar’Adua and that he could enter the Aso Rock anytime he liked due to his closeness to the President.

Nonsense !!! Only the gullible will believe the above . The truth is that Tinubu and Yar Adua are on an unavoidable collision course because of their respective and diametrical ambitions. Our President , despite gross ineptitude and ineffectiveness, wants to retain his job in 2011 and Tinubu is determined to use his growing influence in the South West ,allied with the waning influence of OBJ in the same region , to frustrate Yar Adua's dastardly ambition. Ethnic hatred should not blind anyone from seeing that as the reason why Tinubu may not be in Yar Adua's good books currently.

The ethnic bigotry on display here is one indication as to why Nigeria does not work today . Nigerians should be united in wanting the back of Yar Adua and the PDP. To that end Tinubu should be praised IMO considering how he is now the main face of opposition to the PDP's evil agenda of self-perpetuation at a time when politicians from all over Nigeria (Igbo, Hausa ,etc) are shamefully defecting to the PDP daily in an unpatriotic demonstration of a self-over-nation agenda that is moving Nigeria dangerously close to a one-party Nation.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by texazzpete(m): 7:34am On Aug 03, 2009
Tippy Top:

Let the truth be told, Yoruba people can't keep their mouth shut. I think its ingrained or may it is inherited anyway it sucks.
Ijawman:

He is a good example of a Yoruba. Here in the US, they drop names like ''no man's'' business. Useless people.

LOng ago, tens of thousands of Africans were taken from their continent to serve as slaves to white men who believed the black man is intrinscially inferior to the white race. This erroneous belief permitted much suffering and pain to be meted out on black people in the name of slavery.

Fast forward to 2009 and see some Nigerians stupidly trying to pass across this same message of superiority, albeit on a tribal/ethnic scale and not a racial scale. Do we never learn? What in God's name does anyone stand to gain from pursuing a tribalist agenda?

I feel the Mods should do more to stamp out these evil and divisive topics from NL.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Gbawe: 8:28am On Aug 03, 2009
texazzpete:

LOng ago, tens of thousands of Africans were taken from their continent to serve as slaves to white men who believed the black man is intrinscially inferior to the white race. This erroneous belief permitted much suffering and pain to be meted out on black people in the name of slavery.

[b]Fast forward to 2009 and see some Nigerians stupidly trying to pass across this same message of superiority, [/b]albeit on a tribal/ethnic scale and not a racial scale. Do we never learn? What in God's name does anyone stand to gain from pursuing a tribalist agenda?

I feel the Mods should do more to stamp out these evil and divisive topics from NL.

My brother, I hear you !! Every Nigerian , in repudiating how ethnic bigotry has proven to be an impediment to our development , should be on the side of a man (Tinubu) who supported the emergence of the best political leader in Nigeria currently (Fashola) in his agitation against a man (Yar Adua) who is keen to serve the interest of those who want to keep Nigeria under the control of a clueless , retrogressive and looting elitist class.

Yar Adua is President of Nigeria only because of what he can do to further the progress of the small elitist looters in Nigeria . Why would any sane Nigerian support him , even ethnic bigotry factored in , against a man ( Tinubu ) who is now standing up to tyranny against Nigeria? Who else (Hausa, Igbo, Ijaw, et al ) is doing what Tinubu is doing currently i.e standing up against the mighty PDP ? Own goals , facilitated by ethnically motivated acts of sabotage , remains the problem of Nigeria !! It is looking like Nigerians will never speak preponderantly with one voice because of ethnic bigotry.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by frag(m): 8:36am On Aug 03, 2009
Name droppingUna get time o.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by otokx(m): 8:46am On Aug 03, 2009
Why do some people like making a whole lot of noise?
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Jairzinho(m): 9:13am On Aug 03, 2009
Jairzinho:

Ijawboy,I strongly suspect the salt in salt lake city has found its way into your brain.
Jairzinho:

Ijawman is obviously an attention seeking black boy with absolutely no brains. . .  . . .  cheesy

The above still holds sway. he should be restricted ONLY to intelligent threads. wonder how he reach America sef?
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by biola44: 9:27am On Aug 03, 2009
:d ;d
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 03, 2009
Ijawman:

I pity the unfortunate woman that gave birth to this type of absolute shit of human specie.
Make thunder fire and burn that finger you used to type that rubbish.

Tippy Top:

Mr fool, where are you coming from?. Looks like you are already on full tank on some cheap liquid this early morning. Don't join that fool in this or else , you will regret.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Jairzinho(m): 10:57am On Aug 03, 2009
Tippy Top's profile gives away his persona grin grin grin grin

Lets just say he's. . . . . . . . .a lost cause sad sad
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by okokomeji: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2009
Who is Yar' dull, if not for incestuous Gorrila that put him there, who is he? Yar' dull, mind you we are not in a military dispensation again ooooo and we practice democracy not theocracy (where Ayatolla can ban anybody at his characteristically will.
NB: To all the Yorubas' haters, would you get a life! We know haters everywhere, but do we care? Definitely no! Y'all gays need to suck my nuts and let me fart in y'all stinking mouths.
grin grin cheesy cheesy tongue tongue
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by WarfyBoy(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2009
WHATS WITH THIS YARA FOOOL SELF??

IM NA PERSON SELF? ? I KNO BLAIM AM, NA NIGERIANS I BLAME, STUPID AXSSS HOLE

but naturaly Yoruba pipo sabi talk sha
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by okokomeji: 11:32am On Aug 03, 2009
Ijawman:

Inferior Igboman, you will hide under Yoruba identity today and Ijaw tomorrow and Benin next tomorrow. Haba! It's all about this western region sha! Inferiority complex won't kill you fake-ass. cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 03, 2009
The issue never was about Yoruba people or tribal bias (as the case may be).
The real issue is about Tinubu's desire to see Yar' Adua out of Aso Rock.And every well-meaning Nigerian,regardless of your ethnic background,would understand that sentiment.
How Tinubu goes about that ambition is another matter entirely.
There is no need to start spreading bile here.
I think we need to start thinking of how to move Nigeria forward.Not calling people  or tribes names.
Yar'Adua has been a massive failure by all standards.If Nigeria fails to get him out of power and replace him with a progressively-minded visionary,I sincerely think all hope will be close to being lost.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Witi(m): 11:36am On Aug 03, 2009
Tippy Top:

You are a tribalistic maggot for making such statement. On what basis are you passing your judgment.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by 3Line(m): 11:43am On Aug 03, 2009
@ Post, IJAWMAN & TIPPYTOP,

Tinubu has good antecedents as compared to Yar adua who manipulated his way into power.

Gbawe, i hail you, more ink to your pen for more intelligent posts.

Cheers.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by vigasimple(m): 11:52am On Aug 03, 2009
I notice tribal bigots here as usual and it is sad.

The issue is Yar A'clueless alledge to have claimed that Tinubu is dropping his name all over the place.

If that story credited to Yar A'dull is true(and my instinct is that it is not true), the questions the are in two folds

1. Who on Earth want to be pal of Yar A'doubtful ?

2. Assuming someone want to be a pal of Yar A'Do nothing, what will be the benefits to such person unless he is IBORI, Aondaooka and Waziri(would anyone honestly respect any friend/pal of this President unless they are nation looters)

Also, Tinubu has Fashola in Lagos performing execellently, is that not a better and much proud Name to drop? and would it not be what Tinubu will be dropping if he choose to derive any benefit, infact, he need not drop the name, everyone knows already, and for those that do not know, all he would do is to make a direct phone call to Fashola.

Finally, I think the issue is more like Yar A'Failure is looking for relevance, attention seeking and looking for cheap publicity and finding a way to break into South West via Lagos.

Example is the Local govt saga which exposes Yar A'Nonsense as very shallow minded and fighting a wrong cause at the wrong time.

This country need good leadership, infrastructures at this time and Not trying to make the country A ONE PARTY STATE.

PDP want all the power without the corresponding discharge of the Responsibility. ANIMALS calling themselves human beings.

BY THE WAY, COMPARE AND CONTRAST 2 YEARS OF YAR A'CLUELESS WITH FASHOLA. your answer to the question is there.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by lee007(m): 12:13pm On Aug 03, 2009
@Ijawnman go and see your psychiatrist cool

Have you been skipping your drugs again undecided?

There is no need for Tinubu to drop Yaradua's name, what flimsy excuse, afterall even Fashola is more popular and credible than the whole FG. cool
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03, 2009
3Line:

@ Post, IJAWMAN & TIPPYTOP,

Tinubu has good antecedents as compared to Yar adua who manipulated his way into power.

Gbawe, i hail you, more ink to your pen for more intelligent posts.

Cheers.

I know in yorubaland, drug barons, thieves and ex convicts have good antecedents and are celebrated.

"Contrary to denials, the Nigerian Compass yesterday learnt that the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) confirmed that a former Lagos State Governor, Mr. Bola,

Ahmed Tinubu, ran a heroin ring in the country; was convicted, though with an option of fine; and was actually quizzed last month while entering into the country.

Documents available to the Nigerian Compass showed that the United States Government has written the Nigerian Government, highlighting the fact that Tinubu ran a cocaine ring in the country.

According to the document, signed by the United States Government Narcotics Attache in its embassy in Nigeria, Andre W. Kellum, Tinubu operated an organisation that distributed cocaine".

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=448
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by lee007(m): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2009
[s]I know in yorubaland, drug barons, thieves and ex convicts have good antecedents and are celebrated. [/s]

This kind of sound like the typical Igbo way abi, Chris Mba and Co?
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by iniguy(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2009
Why won't he be dropping Yaradua's name? Is he not in politics where permanent interest dominates . . .and by the way who wants to be yaradua's pal?
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2009
lee007:

[s]I know in yorubaland, drug barons, thieves and ex convicts have good antecedents and are celebrated. [/s]

This kind of sound like the typical Igbo way abi, Chris Mba and Co?

Here are some frightening stats. from your Oduduwa nation:

Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo: Ex convict
Bola Ahmed Tinubu : Drug baron cum ex convict
Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo: Ex convict
Donaldson Oladipo Diya (the weeping general): Ex convict
Abdulkarim Adisa: Ex convict
Tajudeen Olanrewaju: Ex convict
Moshood K Abiola (ITT, International Thief Thief): Died in Detention!*****
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by jimmysho(m): 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2009
when the going was sweet and smooth, tinubu was given unfiltered access to the seat of power.

now that tinubu has successfully told his excellency where he is heading come 2011, the hatred begin.

let start watching as events unfold
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by dholla1(m): 12:51pm On Aug 03, 2009
vigasimple:

I notice tribal bigots here as usual and it is sad.

The issue is Yar A'clueless alledge to have claimed that Tinubu is dropping his name all over the place.

If that story credited to Yar A'dull is true(and my instinct is that it is not true), the questions the are in two folds

1. Who on Earth want to be pal of Yar A'doubtful ?

2. Assuming someone want to be a pal of Yar A'Do nothing, what will be the benefits to such person unless he is IBORI, Aondaooka and Waziri(would anyone honestly respect any friend/pal of this President unless they are nation looters)

Also, Tinubu has Fashola in Lagos performing execellently, is that not a better and much proud Name to drop? and would it not be what Tinubu will be dropping if he choose to derive any benefit, infact, he need not drop the name, everyone knows already, and for those that do not know, all he would do is to make a direct phone call to Fashola.

Finally, I think the issue is more like Yar A'Failure is looking for relevance, attention seeking and looking for cheap publicity and finding a way to break into South West via Lagos.

Example is the Local govt saga which exposes Yar A'Nonsense as very shallow minded and fighting a wrong cause at the wrong time.

This country need good leadership, infrastructures at this time and Not trying to make the country A ONE PARTY STATE.

PDP want all the power without the corresponding discharge of the Responsibility. ANIMALS calling themselves human beings.

BY THE WAY, COMPARE AND CONTRAST 2 YEASR OF YAR A'CLUELESS WITH FASHOLA. your answer to the question is there.

The only person on this thread who hits the nail on the head as far as im concerned. The report is obviously false and a political ploy contrived to rubbish tinubu and by extension fashola/ac/lasg. Absolute nonsense, Asiwaju namedropping a total failure. That senior clown in Aso Rock and the perfect retards that thought up this ridiculous and completely infantile story should all be completely ashamed of themselves.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by maxtop(m): 12:59pm On Aug 03, 2009
Is there any big deal about that, having a relationship with the president does not soil his name but rather his is adding to the reputation of the president but the harsh tone of the president has some political undertone and i can say categorically that it is because of the issue of the LG creation. Well, be as it may that should not cause ant rift between the two political icons. grin grin grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 03, 2009
Sunny_bobo:

Here are some frightening stats. from your Oduduwa nation:

Jeremiah Obafemi Awolowo: Ex convict
Bola Ahmed Tinubu : Drug baron cum ex convict
Olusegun Aremu Obasanjo: Ex convict
Donaldson Oladipo Diya (the weeping general): Ex convict
Abdulkarim Adisa: Ex convict
Tajudeen Olanrewaju: Ex convict
Moshood K Abiola (ITT, International Thief Thief): Died in Detention!*****

Is that your best shot?, try harder, probably you could get a price.

We don't need to try figure out where creatures like you crawled out from, it'ts boldly written all over your post.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by mayrho(m): 1:52pm On Aug 03, 2009
another tribal war on NL
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by oge4real(f): 1:58pm On Aug 03, 2009
I cannot even believe that any right thinking Nigerian will drop Yaradua's name for any reason. the man is a disgrace already, so what is all the noise for?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pupils In Enugu Study On Bare-Floor, Leaking Roof / Dabiri-erewa Condemns Killing Of Nigerian Teenager In London / I Support Monitoring Of Social Media By Security Agencies- Babangida Aliyu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.