Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,341 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock (9671 Views)

Jonathan Moves Property From Aso Rock, Plans Global Shuttle,to Write Book / Jonathan To Live In Luxury Island Villa, Otuoke Upon Exit From Aso Rock (photo) / Bola Tinubu's Fence And The Sambisa Forest Poster. #WTF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by kuramo: 6:02pm On Aug 04, 2009
@ Aloy Emeka.

Your brief insight on Awolowo makes sense to me. I believe some people should learn to examine and question the actions of their so-called leaders without myopic vision.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by yarodin: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2009
My goodness, some Igbos and Yorubas really have issues. This thread stated that an Hausa man was banning a Yoruba man from entering the Presidential Villa, and it turned into a war between the Igbos and Yorubas. Now do we see why the mallams are still ruling in Naija? Only idiots praise and glorify achievements from the past when things currently in Nigeria are failing. With all the braggings still going on, I still see very poor and suffering Igbos and Yorubas in Nigeria, Yoruba and Igbo politicians assisting their nothernern counterparts to loot Nigeria, Yoruba and Igbo thugs, Police force etc terrorizing innocent Nigerian citizens.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by AloyEmeka8: 8:12pm On Aug 04, 2009
I agree with you YaroDin. This cold war between igbo and yorba is getting out of hand. They will not shoot each other in order to claim this superiority and will not shut up at the same time. I think the thing will continue even if you have one country with the only two ethnic groups.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Fhemmmy: 8:19pm On Aug 04, 2009
Aloy_Emeka:

I agree with you YaroDin. This cold war between igbo and yorba is getting out of hand. They will not shoot each other in order to claim this superiority and will not shut up at the same time. I think the thing will continue even if you have one country with the only two ethnic groups.

hahahahahahahaha
i am sure if there were cyber-pistol, most of the yorubas and ibos would have been cyberly eliminated
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by dholla1(m): 9:28am On Aug 05, 2009
yarodin:

My goodness, some Igbos and Yorubas really have issues. This thread stated that an Hausa man was banning a Yoruba man from entering the Presidential Villa, and it turned into a war between the Igbos and Yorubas. Now do we see why the mallams are still ruling in Naija? Only idiots praise and glorify achievements from the past when things currently in Nigeria are failing. With all the braggings still going on, I still see very poor and suffering Igbos and Yorubas in Nigeria, Yoruba and Igbo politicians assisting their nothernern counterparts to loot Nigeria, Yoruba and Igbo thugs, Police force etc terrorizing innocent Nigerian citizens.

Words of wisdom. How did such a trivial issue turn into a tribal war. I'm Ibo and have lived in the West among Yorubas virtually my entire life. Im embarrassed to say the least at seeing this display on NL. If this is what we still belive and teach (by example) our childern, why are we surprised at the state of our nation?

I dont think any tribe has the monopoly on evil traits or the right to point fingers. Some of the best people I've met have been Yoruba and the worst Ibo (my own relatives for that matter). Should I then draw conclusions about millions of people based on the small sample I met. In my line of work, I've met nice oyibos and pretty racist ones, should I then conclude that all oyinbos are nice or racist based on a sample I met in Lagos?

We have bigger problems and this kind of reasoning is not only diversionary, its infantile. What Awo may or may not have doen to Zik has othing to do with our current light problems or why our police men routinely murder innocent citizens in cold blood.

We need to wake up and smell the coffee. Our REAL enemies of progress love nothing more than seeing us bicker pointlessly like children.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2009
ikeyman00:

illugunboy

this what u get when u ve been severly denied sex for life

this lead to maddness grin

as nl can see

grin grin ahaa grin

. . . . . . . .did i touched a raw nerve? grin.

Yes that is the section I runs to anytime people like you arrived the politics section. So any bashing from you today again?

Yeye boy grin
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by MUZBO(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2009
I don't give a rat's a$s which tribe is superior. If we are to go through history, as a Yoruba boy I'll stand on my '3' feet and feel proud. And like babapupa and okoko I'll also come out smoking when my tribe is criticised so to them I'll give the thumbs up for defending the Yorubas.
The issue now is the future of Nigeria. There can be no future if some people are still grieving over £20. Thats history! Haba una no dey tire?If it isn't ethnic crisis, its religious. Will there ever be complete ethnic harmony? The answer is NO BUT we can set our sights on reconciliation. Now can there be reconciliation when someone comes to a public forum, starts a thread, is the first to post on his thread without hiding his ethnic bias. The person I blame is the DUMB MODERATORS that didn't lock the thread or even allowed it front page status[b](y'all can ban me, I don't give a rat's a$s!)[/b] when it clearly after the first few posts showed it had malicious intent.
The summary is: the starter of this thread is Homo sapien, but the first respondent to the thread is a punk tribalistic hobo that is a disgrace to himself and his family! Some of us want real progress so don't slow us down!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by MUZBO(m): 12:04pm On Aug 05, 2009
I don't give a rat's a$s which tribe is superior. If we are to go through history, as a Yoruba boy I'll stand on my '3' feet and feel proud. And like babapupa and okoko I'll also come out smoking when my tribe is criticised so to them I'll give the thumbs up for defending the Yorubas.
The issue now is the future of Nigeria. There can be no future if some people are still grieving over £20. Thats history! Haba una no dey tire?If it isn't ethnic crisis, its religious. Will there ever be complete ethnic harmony? The answer is NO BUT we can set our sights on reconciliation. Now can there be reconciliation when someone comes to a public forum, starts a thread, is the first to post on his thread without hiding his ethnic bias. The person I blame is the DUMB MODERATORS that didn't lock the thread or even allowed it front page status[b](y'all can ban me, I don't give a rat's a$s!)[/b] when it clearly after the first few posts showed it had malicious intent.
The summary is: the starter of this thread is Homo sapien, but the first respondent to the thread is a punk tribalistic hobo that is a disgrace to himself and his family! Some of us want real progress so don't slow us down!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by presido1: 12:47pm On Aug 05, 2009
OPCman:

Hopeless yeyeman. 2047 ko 3047 ni. angry
You NO serious, so you think Yoruba will continue to be with you in this jagajaga system till year 2047, you must be the most hopeless man on earth. tongue
And how did you work that out by the way? In case you don't know when next it's the southerners turn (that is if it gets to that) Yoruba will still produce the president and if any Southerners don't like it they can have they can go and have their own country.
Only 2 nations are allowed or ordained by Almighty God, Inshal Allah to rule Nigeria- Hausa and Yoruba- others will only be vice president or deputy and nobody can go against the will of God/Allah grin grin grin
Let Nobody cry because this is not a crying matter . Odu-un-ma cry? doooooooo D cool
"One Nigeria". Hope you guys from Niger Delta are reading. tongue tongue
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by ademocrat(m): 12:54pm On Aug 05, 2009
I think It is a lie, except there are two Tinubus, is it the sane Tinubu, during ekiti re-run, who will be proud that he knows Yardua in a country like the US, not Tinubu, not me, not even you. embarassed embarassed angry angry
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by ikeyman00(m): 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2009
Quote from: OPCman on Yesterday at 05:31:20 PM
Hopeless yeyeman. 2047 ko 3047 ni.
You NO serious, so you think Yoruba will continue to be with you in this jagajaga system till year 2047, you must be the most hopeless man on earth.
And how did you work that out by the way? In case you don't know when next it's the southerners turn (that is if it gets to that) Yoruba will still produce the president and if any Southerners don't like it they can have they can go and have their own country.
Only 2 nations are allowed or ordained by Almighty God, Inshal Allah to rule Nigeria- Hausa and Yoruba- others will only be vice president or deputy and nobody can go against the will of God/Allah   
Let Nobody cry because this is not a crying matter . Odu-un-ma ? doooooooo D

presido

this is oduduwa for yall!! how did that elude them

trait!! lipsrsealed
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Sunnybobo3(m): 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2009
OPCman:

Hopeless yeyeman. 2047 ko 3047 ni. angry

You NO serious, so you think Yoruba will continue to be with you in this jagajaga system till year 2047, you must be the most hopeless man on earth. tongue

Only 2 nations are allowed or ordained by Almighty God, Inshal Allah to rule Nigeria- Hausa and Yoruba- others will only be vice president or deputy and nobody can go against the will of God/Allah grin grin grin

Let Nobody cry because this is not a crying matter . Odu-un-ma cry? doooooooo D cool

Hopeless OPCman. You people only know how to fire bullets from you mouths. What were you able to do when MEND bombed yorubaland. You for try na make dem show you pepper.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by topsy25(m): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2009
I wonder when Nigerians will learn and listen to voice of reason!
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Fhemmmy: 3:37pm On Aug 05, 2009
topsy25:

I wonder when Nigerians will learn and listen to voice of reason!

what voice would that be?
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by solo1ng1: 7:57am On Aug 06, 2009
TINUBU of Lagos, Nigeria to be dropping Yaradua's name? Its not possible, what is in the name to drop, that name is not what a man of Tinubu can be dropping, it is Yaradua that can be dropping Tinubu's name. We have performing Nigerians that Tinubu could drop their name. Good pple like Fashola, Soyinka, etc
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by WTF3: 6:19pm On Aug 06, 2009
NL SHOULD START SANCTIONIN ETHNIC PROPAGANDISTS WITH EXPULSION.

I am dissapointed at these posts and I propose expulsion from NL to the first person that threw the stone and suspension to every other illeterates that joined him in the dog-eat-dog fight.

Vote in agreement guys so we see a stop to this Igb0-Yoruba-etc War on NL

WTF Really
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by bayo1(m): 10:10pm On Aug 06, 2009
Hmmm, na wa o, are we really a nation? I don't think so. Some pple are looting our treasury and here we are fighting for them. I'm very sure all the participators on this forum are youths, and mostly nigerian too. Can we really live together as a nation? A mariage that has not produced any good for years should be terminated for the good of all. Why won't the looters continue, when the youths can't even see far? Your future as nigerians are been mortgaged and here you are all fighting. Shameless people - and i don't want to know what tribe you belong.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by romeo(m): 12:39am On Aug 07, 2009
d_holla:

Words of wisdom. How did such a trivial issue turn into a tribal war. I'm Ibo and have lived in the West among Yorubas virtually my entire life. Im embarrassed to say the least at seeing this display on NL. If this is what we still belive and teach (by example) our childern, why are we surprised at the state of our nation?

Thank God you are only "IBO" and not "IGBO"
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Donvilo(m): 10:01am On Aug 08, 2009
@topic. Tribal/Ethnic issue shouldn't be our problem. A good leader is suppose to make investigations before carrying out judgement. I wonder when our country is going to learn to be one under one nation.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by lelele: 10:54am On Aug 11, 2009
@Romeo
Yr posts give u up as uneducated (and u can claim any yeye university in naija, dnt care) d_holla raised an important issue, bt yr respons is infantile, extremely puerile and always givin importance 2 trifle issues. Stop it, grow up, though i dnt wanna b quick 2 judge u cos u may hav reasons 2 b bitter (mayb yoruba man don collect yr woman, wich is mostly d cause of bitterness amongst young bitter Igbo men). Bt u still gotta grow up. Peace 2 u.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Gbawe: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2009
ademocrat:

I think It is a lie, except there are two Tinubus, [b]is it the sane Tinubu, during ekiti re-run, who will be proud that he knows Yardua [/b]in a country like the US, not Tinubu, not me, not even you. embarassed embarassed angry angry

Nigerians can have very short and/or selective memory !!! Tinubu battled the PDP to a standstill in Ekiti !!! He was visible everywhere. When Ayoka Adebayo (Ekiti REC) was taken to Abuja Tinubu screamed that she was going to be coerced , bullied and intimidated by Aso Rock !!! He left no one in doubt as to what he thought of Yar Adua and the PDP !!! Now we are to believe he will associate his name to that of a hugely unpopular man ?

For those who do not know , Tinubu is gaining support and audience from many (including Obama) because he represent virtually the only powerful opposition 'roadblock' against the PDP's callous 'steam-roller' machine when others have become too afraid to "stand up and be counted" or have simply aligned themselves with the PDP in the spirit of "if you can't beat them join them" !!!!  Some folks should take off their tribalistic goggles and cut the guy some slack .
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by visionsen(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2009
Enough of this tribal war on Nairaland!!!!! shocked
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by ubandire(m): 11:04am On Aug 13, 2009
WELL IN AS MUCH AS THIS IS NOT REALLY AN ISSUE, OR RATHER IT'S NOT WORTH THE CALLING OF NAMES ON THIS HONORABLE FORUM.I WILL STILL CONTRIBUTE A BIT TO THIS PIECE OF RUMOUR NOT KNOWING WHERE IT EMANATED FROM.THE FACT REMAINS THAT BOLA AHMED TINUBU HAS NO BIZ WHATSOEVER IN ASO ROCK.YOU DO NOT WINE AND DINE WITH PEOPLE YOU ARE TRYING EVERYDAY TO PULL DOWN.ITNUBU FOR CRYING OUT LOUD HAS BEEN A SWORN ENEMY OF THIS PRESENT GOVERNMENT.BUT ON THE ISSUE OF 2011,I DON'T KNOW WHO'S DECEIVING WHO?I DON'T THINK TINUBU CAN BE A STRONG OPPOSITION TO THE INCUMBENT PRESIDENT OR ANYBODY THAT THE PDP FIELDS IN THE FORTHCOMING ELECTIONS.SO NOBODY IS NOR WILL BE AFRAID OF HIM COME 2011,SO THE ISSUE IS NOT ABOUT 2011,FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, NIGERIA IS NOT LAGOS,CAN TINUBU WIN ELECTIONS IN ABIA,RIVERS,SOKOTO,KOGI,AKWA IBOM,ETC.I MEAN ACROSS NIGERIA.LAGOSIANS SHOULD STOP DECEIVING THEMSELVES.TINUBU IS ONLY A LEADER IN LAGOS AND NOT NIGERIA.PLEASE STOP THIS OVER HYPE OF TINUBU HE IS REALLY NOBODY AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED.I ADVICE HE SHOULD STOP CREATING ISSUES OUT OF EVERY LITTLE THING AND FACE HIS CAMPAIGN IF HE IS HELL BENT ON EMBARKING ON ANOTHER MISADVENTURE.AND I HAVE THIS ADVICE FOR MEMBERS OF THIS FORUM,PLEASE LET US NOT RESORT TO NAME CALLING,AND TRIBAL WARS.IT IS NOT HELPING US WE ARE HERE TO DIALOGUE,NOT TO FIGHT.THANKS.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by ubandire(m): 12:22pm On Aug 13, 2009
god bless naija.
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Gbawe: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2009
ubandire:

[b]I DON'T THINK TINUBU CAN BE A STRONG OPPOSITION TO THE INCUMBENT PRESIDENT OR ANYBODY THAT THE PDP FIELDS IN THE FORTHCOMING ELECTIONS.SO NOBODY IS NOR WILL BE AFRAID OF HIM COME 2011,[/b]SO THE ISSUE IS NOT ABOUT 2011,FOR CHRIST'S SAKE, NIGERIA IS NOT LAGOS,CAN TINUBU WIN ELECTIONS IN  ABIA,RIVERS,SOKOTO,KOGI,AKWA IBOM,ETC.I MEAN ACROSS NIGERIA.LAGOSIANS SHOULD STOP DECEIVING THEMSELVES.TINUBU IS ONLY A LEADER IN LAGOS AND NOT NIGERIA.PLEASE STOP THIS OVER HYPE OF TINUBU HE IS REALLY NOBODY AS FAR AS AM CONCERNED.

You have got it wrong. The Presidency remains zoned to the North till 2015 so Tinubu himself cannot seriously contest for the Presidency. The fear of the PDP is that Tinubu , with OBJ 's fortune now waning , may gain overall control of the South-West political machinery and place that control at the disposal of a popular Northern candidate like Buhari .OBJ did similar for Yar Adua in the last General election except that Yar Adua was not popular so our former President had to arm-twist South-West Governors to back the unknown Mallam.

That scenario will give dull, dour and unpopular Yar Adua a big problem. hence the determination of yar Adua and the PDP to hold on to Ekiti at all cost. If the likes of Balarabe Musa and other sagacious politicians begin to Join Tinubu in backing this strong Northern candidate , with their own political machinery , then even the Master Rigger - Tony Anenih- may fail to rig Yar Adua back in as President against a strong coalition that has money and clout inside and outside Nigeria .
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by llorisbhone(m): 7:48am On Feb 08, 2010
It shows they all knws his potentials. Come to think of it. Why are Igbos so sentimental. The yorubas are far far not ur equal in whatsoever. e.g. Thuggery, molestation (Obasanjo, Adedibu_may his soul rest in perfect pieces). Assassination (Bola Ige)
Re: Bola Tinubu Barred From Aso Rock by Gbawe: 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2011
llorisbhone:

It shows they all knws his potentials. Come to think of it. Why are Igbos so sentimental. The yorubas are far far not your equal in whatsoever. e.g. Thuggery, molestation (Obasanjo, Adedibu_may his soul rest in perfect pieces). Assassination (Bola Ige)

I guess Tinubu laughs last  grin grin grin grin grin Asiwaju "dey laff" OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

World Bank Raises Nigeria's Economic Rating / Heavy Rainfall Predicted In Lagos On Tuesday! / ANN Presidential Aspirant, Olawepo Hashim Picks Up Nomination Forms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.