Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,696 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama (1626 Views)

PDP Reacts To The Death Of Jide Tinubu / “It's Like Deji Adeleke Has Run Mad Due To The Death Of His Brother”- Aregbesola / President Buhari Reacts To The Death Of 30 Football Fans Electrocuted In Calabar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by moderate99(m): 11:53pm On Apr 12, 2016
Barack Obama says the biggest mistake of his presidency was the lack of planning for the aftermath of the fall of late Libyan leader Moamer Kadhafi, with the country spiraling into chaos and grappling with violent extremists.

Reflecting on his legacy in a Fox News interview aired Sunday, Obama said his “worst mistake” was “probably failing to plan for the day after what I think was the right thing to do in intervening in Libya.”

Last month, Obama made a searing critique of British Prime Minister David Cameron and former French leader Nicolas Sarkozy for their roles in the bombing campaign they led in Libya.

Cameron became “distracted” and Sarkozy wanted to promote his country during the 2011 NATO-led military intervention, Obama said in an interview with The Atlantic magazine.

Since the downfall of Kadhafi, who was killed in a popular uprising, Libya descended into near-anarchy, ruled by rival militias vying for power while the Islamic State group has gained influence in the country.

The head of a UN-backed unity government arrived earlier this month in Tripoli to begin garnering support for his government.

Obama also reflected on some of the best moments of his tenure as president — due to end in January — in the Fox News interview.

“Saving the economy from a great depression” was his biggest accomplishment, he said.

As for the best day in the White House?

“The day that we passed health care reform,” Obama said.

“We sat out on the Truman Balcony with all the staff that had worked so hard on it and I knew what it would mean for the families that I’d met who didn’t have health care.”

The president said his worst day in the White House was when he traveled to Newtown, Connecticut, after a gunman shot 20 young children and six adult staff members at an elementary school in December 2012.

http://www.siasat.com/news/libya-worst-mistake-says-president-obama-945107/
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by mbah2x(m): 11:57pm On Apr 12, 2016
obama regret? Op are you sure na obama you see there or pmb

1 Like

Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by moderate99(m): 12:11am On Apr 13, 2016
mbah2x:
obama regret? Op are you sure na obama you see there or pmb

O B A M A(44th president of the United States of AMERICA)
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by sLentlover7778(m): 12:11am On Apr 13, 2016
You turn Joy of Libya to sorrow na now you dey regret. Weldon daris God.

2 Likes

Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by micfoley: 12:15am On Apr 13, 2016
Interesting. Wonder when we'll see a black American president sagain gain
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by fistonati(m): 12:21am On Apr 13, 2016
Medicine after death. Now Obama realised that he will need Gaddafi
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by JustJosh20(m): 12:22am On Apr 13, 2016
Same way Nigerians have regrets After GEJ left...

i overheard a man this evening.. he was blaming the owners of filling stations on the fuel scarcity...

i just remembered two words... suffering.. and ..smiling

2 Likes

Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by Flexherbal(m): 1:41am On Apr 13, 2016
Some people feel Ghadafi's era was better than, now.
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by Samexdx(m): 1:48am On Apr 13, 2016
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by lordcyl3(m): 3:46am On Apr 13, 2016
ok now
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by freeDR(m): 4:55am On Apr 13, 2016
I do not think it is right for a leader to perpetuate himself in power - regardless of how functional he is. Democracy remains the best form of government in my own opinion. Let the people of Libya forge a future for themselves out of the current chaos. After all, they say nothing good comes easy.
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by babdap: 6:12am On Apr 13, 2016
Wailers come and see your life outside, if Obama could admits he made some mistakes then re u calling PMB duara dullard.

1 Like

Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by lonelydora: 6:40am On Apr 13, 2016
Lie lie lie.
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by nepapole(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2016
After u don destroy that country finish. GOD punish America.

1 Like

Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by Ooni: 7:08am On Apr 13, 2016
Foreing policy faux pas
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by realmindz: 8:33am On Apr 13, 2016
JustJosh20:
Same way Nigerians have regrets After GEJ left...

i overheard a man this evening.. he was blaming the owners of filling stations on the fuel scarcity...

i just remembered two words... suffering.. and ..smiling
Gej government was a disaster that will never return...

1 Like

Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by medpren: 9:22am On Apr 13, 2016
Mr hussein, You will also regret helping to puttl a presidiotic dulllard in power in nigeria. I assure you!

I know the zombies are begging you to come to nigeria so that they can count that as part of the dullard's achivement. We know you will come when you are already useless. Trump will come to power and reveal all your pro-Islamists under-the-table dealings. You will be shamed!
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by Blackfire(m): 9:52am On Apr 13, 2016
Ghadafi may ve his short comings but with what is happening in Libya now, he is a saint.

*may your unrelenting enemies never have peace, when they sit on your throne*
Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by mamawin(f): 11:04am On Apr 13, 2016
Blackfire:
Ghadafi may ve his short comings but with what is happening in Libya now, he is a saint.

*may your unrelenting enemies never have peace, when they sit on your throne*
you just took the word out of my mouth. I knew long ago that this will happen. why kill the man? can you imagine the number of lives lost since his death? and now, no peace in the land. honestly, there is GOD!

1 Like

Re: My Regret After The Death Of Ghadaaf-Obama by 0955eb027(m): 11:55am On Apr 13, 2016
I only have a prayer to say. May USA and the so called 1st abi na 2nd world countries reap the fruit of their work in abundance.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Change Is Not Instant Coffee,” Lai Mohammed Tells Nigerians / Abdulsalam Abubakar,IBB,Gov Bello As Aisha Buhari Launches Cancer Foundation(Pix / Tinubu Finally Speaks On Visit To President In London

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.