Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,138 members, 7,842,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today (31850 Views)

Riot Ongoing In Makurdi, Benue State (Photos) / Ongoing Protest In Makurdi Against Fulani Herdsmen (More Photos & Updates) / Markafi, Sule Lamido, John Ola Mafo At Ondo Court Of Appeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by IVORY2009(m): 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2016
[s]
omenka:
Just look at the thread, it has been turned into an Omenka thread. cheesy

The Children of El Chapo, the developers of Lagos and Malaysia aka the Lost Tribe of Bangladesh, are obviously very angry. grin

That trouble they seek, henceforth, they shall find. They think I'm that flip flopper who backs down and "apologise" after they might have mobbed him on several threads. A very think skin is what I'm blessed with and I won't give them the satisfaction of stocking my hands in my pocket while they poke my eyes with theirs.

Fvcking El Chapo wannabes. grin
[/s]

mind ur grammar shocked

1 Like

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by macuno88(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
Rolings:

Because there are always two sides to any story but bigots like you only read one and make judgements . Were everyone to start taking revenge than no iboman will be alive again because we all will be killing ibos in revenge for every armed robbery we suffer or for everytime fake drugs kill our people. When Agatu people were killing 10000 cows , stealing thousands of cows and killing herdsmen in the process nobody was aware but the moment the fulanis stood up to defend themselves every fool found their voice.
cry
Rolings:

Because there are always two sides to any story but bigots like you only read one and make judgements . Were everyone to start taking revenge than no iboman will be alive again because we all will be killing ibos in revenge for every armed robbery we suffer or for everytime fake drugs kill our people. When Agatu people were killing 10000 cows , stealing thousands of cows and killing herdsmen in the process nobody was aware but the moment the fulanis stood up to defend themselves every fool found their voice.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by guyXander(m): 2:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
omenka:
Calling on the children of the Lost Tribe of Bangladesh to congregate on the thread and spam my mentions with their inane twaddle.

I see three already...

Come on guys, don't disappoint me. cheesy

Edit:

Went to grab lunch, back, refreshed my mentions and, booom, just as expected!! cheesycheesy

Look at them crawling all over the place.. gringringrin

Kai. These angry Yoots of the Lost Tribe of Bangladesh NEVER disappoint!!

Keep 'em coming boys!! Let that juice flowwww... It kills if it is suppressed inside. cheesy
At least, we are lost tribe of somewhere. Your brother are becoming lost, as in annihilated. Permanently lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by guyXander(m): 2:59pm On Apr 13, 2016
omenka:
Calling on the children of the Lost Tribe of Bangladesh to congregate on the thread and spam my mentions with their inane twaddle.

I see three already...

Come on guys, don't disappoint me. cheesy

Edit:

Went to grab lunch, back, refreshed my mentions and, booom, just as expected!! cheesycheesy

Look at them crawling all over the place.. gringringrin

Kai. These angry Yoots of the Lost Tribe of Bangladesh NEVER disappoint!!

Keep 'em coming boys!! Let that juice flowwww... It kills if it is suppressed inside. cheesy
At least, we are lost tribe of somewhere. Your brother are becoming lost, as in annihilated. Permanently lost. grin
Choke on that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by guyXander(m): 3:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
Omenka die by Fulani grin
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by mysticwarrior(m): 3:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
The idomas were known to be warriors they should Arm their youths heavily as a strategy of defensive formation, and that is one thing I love about the jukuns of taraba.
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by omenka(m): 3:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
cbrass:

Cant you just leave omenka out of this, did you catch him with your wife?
They can't. If they do, they'd die. cheesy

Imagine the mighty lie the other one said- that I said Igbos are the ones killing. grin

That is all they are known for lies, deceit, cheating, stealing, etc. He says you should check my comments, I say, ask him to check my comments and show you proof. Do that and see his fade into the background. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by dunlie: 3:11pm On Apr 13, 2016
sage2:

Are you really from Benue? I mean, we are talking about our people been killed and their crops destroyed here. You can choose to fight and hate the Igbos, but they are certainly not our enemies. A hausa-fulani man is more likely to kill a Benue man than an Igbo man will even imagine the thought.

pls tell the robot...Omenka. Anyway he is not important.

1 Like

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Beeman1(m): 3:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
truthspeaks:
I don't u guys r seriously condemning it. Starting frm ur fulani-in-chief baba Bubu, who has kept silent. U guyz shld remember dat buhari will only be in power till 2019 n not forever
For ur dream abi Anyway,Buhari go or not,another northerner will still be the president. Get that in to your head.
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by obailala(m): 3:14pm On Apr 13, 2016
Mopolchi:
The time Una vote for their pikin Una dey happy
Were fulani herdsmen not killing people before this administration?... Is Buhari the first northern president to rule Nigeria and will he be the last?... If Jonathan had won the election, wouldn't the presidency still have been revolved back to the north in 2019?.... Why do you jonathanians always display myopic reasoning on national issues?... Apparently in your head, fulani killing is a political justification why everyone should have voted your jonathan, and one would begin to wonder what GEJ did about the killings when he was president. Must you play politics with everything including human lives?

You guys should just grow up out of your infancy and sink it into your skull that GEJ has lost the election over a year ago and cannot lead Nigeria any more.
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by IamAtribalist: 3:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
coolThe Fulani herdsmen crisis did not start during Buhari's presidency. It started in 2010 and the president at the time did NOT do anything about it. So be careful when you point fingers at Buhari. Learn your history and stop commenting rubbish. cool

1 Like

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by madenigga(m): 3:24pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ipob Benue Branch grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Faber(m): 3:31pm On Apr 13, 2016
We are saying that we are lacking food in Nigeria and some jihadists are busy killing the people needed most in Nigeria.
Which tribe in Nigeria can accuse the Idomas and the Tivs of harming them since we entered this union in 1994.

Buhari's name will forever be depicted by encyclopaedia britannica as the worst disaster that can happen to any nation. Tsunami and earthquake are now preferable to Buhari.

For God's sake this ingrate said he came to protect lives and roperties. if you cannot protect the lives of Igbos and Niger deltans for they did not vote for you protect Benue pple who voted for you then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
famo19:
make the falani try am for LAGOS NA na die for them na that side make dem dey do there rubbish shocked

Excuse me.......is Mile 12 in Nnewi or Aba?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by DonMaxxy(m): 3:48pm On Apr 13, 2016
Buhari's administration killing the people that voted Buhari in 2015. The rejection of Buhari is the first step of wisdom, all who do so prove themselves wise.

Welcome to Northocracy: "govt of the north, by the north and for the north".
Fulani will kill in Benue, Daura State Seurity(DSS) will discover mass graves in Abia.

BTW! will mohammed become a christian before this development hits front page.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Ngozi123(f): 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2016
Rolings:

This might just be the stupidest thing that I've ever read on the Internet.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by ernecy(m): 3:54pm On Apr 13, 2016
saxby:
Rip to the dead of agatu.

I strongly condemn the unchecked killings by the barbaric Fulani foools and I highly support these guys.

Though on the other hand, with the way some ppl in the pix above are posing for snapshots, I only see an avenue where guys will collect babes' numbers for onward "meeting" in the bedroom later tonight after the protest for another "PROTEST" grin grin

*drops mic
the way ur mind works, is amazing.

Na wetin carry u think go there sef. sad
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by hopeforcharles(m): 3:56pm On Apr 13, 2016
onomefm:

the question is simple, what do you have to say about your people that are being massacred daily by the buhari brothers? we need you to say something to that effect because if buhari's brothers kill my people in Delta state the same way they have repeatedly killed your benue people i would react either positively or negatively despite the fact that i support the govt like in your own case. but in your own case you are indifferent but will take side immediately you hear biafra or SS mentioned.
hahahahahaha come are u a press woman or journalist? The way u want this guy's comment just dey make me laugh, u find am pass fuel.
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by olutunde12(m): 4:22pm On Apr 13, 2016
famo19:
make the falani try am for LAGOS NA na die for them na that side make dem dey do there rubbish shocked

And what will happen in Lagos? Just pray that they dont come. I am only sure of Ekiti. Fayose will use the opportunity to pay buhari back for arresting his people. But, Lag? Na dem dem.
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by olutunde12(m): 4:28pm On Apr 13, 2016
IamAtribalist:
coolThe Fulani herdsmen crisis did not start during Buhari's presidency. It started in 2010 and the president at the time did NOT do anything about it. So be careful when you point fingers at Buhari. Learn your history and stop commenting rubbish. cool

But they are becoming a menace under buhari. You blamed jonathan as if boko haram started under him. when will people think with their head and not with their tongue?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 13, 2016
There is war already going on but few people know it. Total Jihad is imminent but fools don't know. APC change is here
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Oyimzy(m): 5:33pm On Apr 13, 2016
Oyimzy:

SPEECH PRESENTED DURING THE MAFO MEGA PEACEFUL PROTEST AGAINST BENUE KILLINGS ON APRIL 13, 2016
Ladies and Gentlemen,
INTRODUCTION
We are gathered here today as people that share a common pain and predicament under the auspices of MAFO.
MAFO is an acronym for Movement Against Fulani Occupation. It is a peaceful a coalition of Benue indigenes at home and in diaspora from all ethnicities and works of life, who seek to reverse the current situation of senseless killings, ransacking of villages and displacement of communities from their ancestral lands by Fulani herdsmen and their cattle.
Within the last three years, Fulani Herdsmen have carried out over 50 (fifty) major attacks on Benue communities the most prominent of them taking place in 15 out of 23 Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Benue State namely, Agatu, Gwer East, Gwer West, Makurdi, Guma, Tarka, Buruku, Katsina Ala, Logo, Ukum, Kwande, Oju, Obi and Konshisha.
The attacks have completely overwhelmed the communities in these areas which are now desolate and devastated as they have suffered wanton destruction of their properties and lives including: burning down and general destruction of houses and homes, sundry household items, farms, crops, economic trees, vehicles, machineries, food stuffs, schools etc. Over 1000 people have been killed; hundreds of thousands displaced and living in deplorable make shift camps and properties worth billions of naira destroyed in their communities by these ravaging Fulani Herdsmen this year alone. All of these in the name of gaining and maintaining access for their cattle to graze. Human lives are being wasted to keep cows and goats alive.
It is for these and many acts of man’s inhumanity to man, including the raping of young girls and butchering of pregnant women and children that we rise to say, enough is enough.
OUR DEMANDS
1. Even though we recognise the right of fellow Nigerians to live freely anywhere within the boundaries of our sovereignty, we understand that this right is conferred on humans and not animals and also does not permit either people nor animals to trespass on landed property belonging to other members of the society.
Therefore, attempts to place the lives of cattle and other lower animals at par or higher value than those of humans is a breach of constitutional rights, likewise unauthorised trespass into people’s property. We hereby demand an immediate vacation of cattle that are occupying our ancestral lands all over the state.
2. The lackadaisical attitude of government in tackling this issue is condemnable. Response from security operatives have been skewed, poor, belated and at best very late. Consequently, the wanton killing, destruction of properties and occupation of communities, have continued unabated.
We make bold to say that the locations of Fulani Herdsmen that carry on these attacks are well known to the Police and the Nigerian Army and other security agencies but they have refused to accost them and prevent further attacks on their communities but have rather given seeming tacit approval to the large concentration of these Fulani militia in neighbouring communities particularly Nasarawa State which allows passage routes and has created safe havens for attackers of Benue Communities at the border especially coastal areas.
For example, on or about the 2nd day of January, 2016, the Benue State Police Commissioner, Paul Yakadi, said after unsuccessfully attempting a tour of Agatu Local Government Area that over 5,000 cows accompanied by armed Fulani herdsmen were occupying part of Agatu Local Government Area of the state. Yet the the Federal Government has failed and/or willfully neglected to apprehend these criminals.
The failure of the Federal Government to offer protection to innocent citizens is in violation of the sundry Human Rights as enshrined in Articles 3 4, 6, 16, 23, 24 of the African Charter on Human and Peoples Rights. Consequently, we have filed a law suit against the Federal Government and other relevant authorities at the ECOWAS court in this regard and hope to follow it to a logical conclusion.
3. Suffice to also state categorical clear that we are opposed to the government’s plans to establish grazing reserves as a panacea to the security nuisance constituted by Fulani herdsmen. There are no grazing reserves in Benue State, we only have farmlands!
Creating grazing reserves to cater for the pastoral needs of Fulani herdsmen across the country is tantamount to forcefully taking land from indigenous farmers as lands are not sufficiently available for such projects. Therefore, anyone who intends to impose this pre-colonial concoction should be rest assured that it will be met with the strongest possible (lawful) resistance.
We will resist today, tomorrow and forever any attempts of establishing a square inch of grazing routes or reserve in Benue State. We don’t have any room for those here, neither do we place equal premium on man and beast as the Federal Government seem to be doing.
Rather, we demand a legislation by the Benue State House of Assembly that will abolish the free grazing of livestock, especially cattle within the boundaries of the state. This law, if passed, will encourage cattle owners, both indigenous and non-indigenous,to seek modern ways of doing cattle business by the use of ranches according to global best practices.
We acknowledge the efforts of the Benue State Government in this regard as pronounced by Governor Samuel Ortom during his visit to victims of attacks in Agatu, Logo and Tarka local governments, and urge lawmakers in the state assembly to work assiduously to bring this idea into fruition. In the same vein, we appeal to faith-based organisations, development partners, local and international donor agencies, non-governmental organisations, civil societies, public-spiritedindividuals and all other stakeholders and well-meaning Benue indigenes to support this move as a permanent solution to regaining control and enthroning peace over our lands.
4. We also demand the total disarmament of Fulani herdsmen through the amnesty programme of the Benue State Government as endorsed by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a matter of urgency. This we hope will ensure equity in the capacities of farmers and herders, and if the “carrot” period of mercy is over, we would love to see security agencies wield the big punitive “stick” on the perpetrators of terror in our lands - the Fulani herdsmen.
5. We demand 24 hours’ military surveillance of communities in the affected local government area and others that are prone to attacks to forestall further attacks and give displaced persons the confidence to return home. The State and Federal Government are therefore to work tirelessly in ensuring the reconstruction of ravaged communities and resettlement of Internally displaced persons.
CONCLUSION
As part of our campaign, we have chosen to shun the consumption of cow meat (boycott beef) and hereby urge all concerned Benue indigenes and beyond to do likewise. As long as cattle continue to be the bone of contention and decoy for Fulani marauders to invade, kill, destroy, occupy and graze cattle on farmlands in Benue communities, we will not consume their beef and its by-products in protest to the blood-letting in our land.
Cattle business is a multi-billion Naira empire, next only to crude oil in Nigeria. Our continuous patronage of beef enhances the economy which funds the purchase of ammunition and hiring of machineries that perpetrate the vicious cycle of invasion, killing, destruction, occupation to allow cattle graze on our farmlands, after which they are sold as meat to us. It only makes common sense that we reject this manipulation and insult in our collective personalities by boycotting beef. We will rather seek alternative sources of dietary protein which abound in our localities eg. fish, goat meat, pork etc.
Lastly, we sympathize with families who have lost loved ones in the carnage and restate our commitment to continue bringing succour to Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) all over the state. We will not relent in our struggle until Fulani herdsmen and their cattle are put in their rightful place in the society, tucked far away from peaceful human existence and community life in Benue state.
We also want to thank those who have risen up to the challenge by donating relief materials to victims of attacks and our displaced brothers and sisters. This effort is highly appreciated. However, we call on you to join this movement as we believe it will rally the needed support to put an end to this anomaly.
Thank you.

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by vislabraye(m): 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2016
famo19:

Who go fight them for Lagos ? I beg no pray for such oh..
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by mahyowah(m): 6:06pm On Apr 13, 2016
Beeman1:
Seriously we northerners are not happy with the increasing rate of killings by our fulani herdsmen brothers in different parts of the country. We completely not in support of their actions and we condemn it.

RIP to the dead!

God bless Nigeria.
after your condemnation, what's your proposed solution?

1 Like

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Rolings: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ngozi123:

This might just be the stupidest thing that I've ever read on the Internet.

That goes to show you should spend more time on the internet than you are currently and maybe you will be able to broaden your knowledge
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Oyimzy(m): 6:23pm On Apr 13, 2016
The Deputy Governor addressing #MAFO Protesters at The Benue Peoples House

Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Ngozi123(f): 6:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
Rolings:

That goes to show you should spend more time on the internet than you are currently and maybe you will be able to broaden your knowledge

How would reading a sillier comment than your previous one enable me to broaden my knowledge? Wouldn't it have the opposite effect?
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Mopolchi: 6:34pm On Apr 13, 2016
obailala:
Were fulani herdsmen not killing people before this administration?... Is Buhari the first northern president to rule Nigeria and will he be the last?... If Jonathan had won the election, wouldn't the presidency still have been revolved back to the north in 2019?.... Why do you jonathanians always display myopic reasoning on national issues?... Apparently in your head, fulani killing is a political justification why everyone should have voted your jonathan, and one would begin to wonder what GEJ did about the killings when he was president. Must you play politics with everything including human lives?

You guys should just grow up out of your infancy and sink it into your skull that GEJ has lost the election over a year ago and cannot lead Nigeria any more.
I am not justifying any killing but am only saying that the killing is on the increase now and nothing is done about it other than the accusation of the host communities as culprits. Justice delayed is justice denied. Buhari needs to show empathy to these communities and talk sensibly with his people, calling them to order. Evil thrives when those in power refuse to act. I think you Buharians should know that everyNigerian'slifematter. Hope this will get you out of your dormant infancy and probably swim in your skull too.
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by Rolings: 6:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
Ngozi123:

How would reading a sillier comment than your previous one enable me to broaden my knowledge? Wouldn't it have the opposite effect?

Suit yourself
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by IamAtribalist: 6:37pm On Apr 13, 2016
olutunde12:

But they are becoming a menace under buhari. You blamed jonathan as if boko haram started under him. when will people think with their head and not with their tongue?

cool Look even by 2014 Fulani herdsmen had slaughtered thousands in Benue (remember the huge Tiv-Fulani clash), Plateau, South East and even Ogun State in the South West. Tell me, what did Jonathan do? cool
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by prophetfire: 6:40pm On Apr 13, 2016
Oyimzy:

They must listen to our cries this time, we are tired of their silence
get ur own AKs and whoop thier sorry ass. The gov,sinnator repos n bubu dnt give a damn.
Re: Pictures From #MAFO Mega Protest In Makurdi, Benue State Today by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:58pm On Apr 13, 2016
omenka:
See my man UK!!

Silly talkative. cheesy

The Wailing Israelis just can't get enough of this delicacy called Omenka ala carte. cheesy

Na una go tire oo.

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers In High Spirits After Recapture Of Boko Haram Enclave In Sambisa.Photos / The END Of IPOB Is Here. / Precious Chikwendu's Throws Birthday Bash Despite FFK Being Detained

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.