Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. (1124 Views)

Her First Visit Left Me Totally Confused / My Fiance Just Left Me Due To Genotype Issues / Groom Kisses His Bride At Their Traditional Wedding & Left Guests Surprised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:00pm On Apr 13, 2016
Dear Bunmi,

About three years ago, I used most of my savings to pay for my daughter’s marriage. She’s the only girl though we have two other male children. Shortly after she got married, I lost a lot of money through the crash of the stock market. I’m trying to find my feet financially, though it’s not been easy. My wife has a bit of an income and that helps. You can then imagine how I felt when my daughter announced recently that the marriage was over. I couldn’t believe it. Neither could my wife. Understandably, she should leave a marriage she’s unhappy in, but I’m really angry that I’m left almost destitute, thanks to a wedding that means nothing now.

She doesn’t know how much I spent on the wedding and how much money I have lost, but sometimes I feel like telling her, so she’s aware. Thank goodness she has a son to show for the charade, but why let us spend that much money? Taiye, by e-mail.

Dear Taiye,

Maybe you shouldn’t have decided to spare no expense at your daughter’s wedding if it was going to cost you such despair, and so much finance. It was down to you and not your daughter’s fault. Her happiness had to come first. She needs all the support she can get especially from her parents.

Carry on struggling with your finances whilst you give her all the support she needs. She’s probably going through hell and laying the guilt of an expensive wedding on her will make it worse. It was your choice to splash out! Money is important, of course, but people should mean more.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/failed-lavish-wedding-left-broke/

Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
OK
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by Smellymouth: 8:06pm On Apr 13, 2016
cool
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by donbenedict(m): 8:08pm On Apr 13, 2016
Why spend so much money on a wedding just to impress people?

I"l still reiterate this to my parents, at 30, whether they like it or not, I'm not throwing a lavish wedding ceremony... it may just even be a court wedding. Any body wey wan chop rice make dem come my house, food go dey..
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by SageNaruto(m): 8:10pm On Apr 13, 2016
This shouldn't be news at this point, cause these days many Nigerians spend stupidly and lavishly for their weddings then when its time to provide for their homes, they are now broke...

Then you hear things like "I spent my life savings on our wedding and now she's telling me she needs money for this and that"

Sooner or later you'll start regretting spending too much on a days ceremony and subconsciously start hating your spouse for it... angry angry angry
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 13, 2016
donbenedict:
Why spend so much money on a wedding just to impress people?

I"l still reiterate this to my parents, at 30, whether they like it or not, I'm not throwing a lavish wedding ceremony... it may just even be a court wedding. Any body wey wan chop rice make dem come my house, food go dey..

Gbam.

Exactly how I will want my future wedding to be. Court wedding, then a noble refreshment for few friends and relatives.

No time for all those razzmatazz of big wedding abeg.

I even kukuma no like stress, attention and crowd.

If future hubby agrees, we are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by thorpido(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
It's no fault of your daughter.She didn't set out to fail in her marriage.
It was your choice to have an expensive wedding.
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by odaniel1(m): 8:36pm On Apr 13, 2016
missbronze:
Gbam.

Exactly how I will want my future wedding to be. Court wedding, then a noble refreshment for few friends and relatives.

Most ppl say ds atyms but u know hw pressure from d public cn b overwhelmingly pressing and you may decide 2 do somfn a bit bigger than planned. No one knows hw big a party is till it starts..lol
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by marshalcarter: 8:41pm On Apr 13, 2016
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok oooooooooo. grin
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 13, 2016
But where is lalasticlala sef undecided
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by donbenedict(m): 9:15pm On Apr 13, 2016
missbronze:
Gbam.

omgosh, I want to court wedding na. Let us marry asap!

1 Like

Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by chigoizie7(m): 12:02am On Apr 14, 2016
I don talk am b4, if @ all I will marry, if Ee pass traditional marriage, few family members and few friends for the white wedding(if it must hold) then I no de do again.

That man for sell him house join na.

Mumu people everywhere.

U spent the whole money, while the people getting married doesn't even know the value of money,
If they had spent the money themselves, @least if not for anything, once they remember how much they have wasted, they will cure themselves that craze by fire by force.
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by stinggy(m): 8:50am On Apr 14, 2016
missbronze:
Gbam.

Sweerie I agree jare, I know you hate stress and crowd.
I'm thinking next month, what do you think?
tongue
Re: Her Failed Lavish Wedding Left Me Broke.. by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
stinggy:
Sweerie I agree jare, I know you hate stress and crowd. I'm thinking next month, what do you think? tongue
Hehehehe.
My sweet, I know I haven't been a gd frnd, pls forgiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiive me.

Are you still in town?

(1) (Reply)

Photo: How Much Did You Lose? / Help!! My Mum Is Against My Celibacy Stance. / Advice Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.