Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:12 PM

We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode (8351 Views)

Buhari Is Fair Minded, He Will Complete 2nd Niger Bridge- Osinbajo / We Will Complete All Construction Projects In Three Years: Fashola / Photos: Ambode Commissions Newly Constructed Ajasa-command Road In Alimosho (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by damiloladuke: 6:19am On Apr 14, 2016
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Akinwunmi Ambode on Tuesday evening said the Ajasa-Command Road in Agbado Oke-Odo Local Council Development Area (LCDA) area of the State would be completed in the next five weeks, just as he assured that the Abesan Estate link road connecting Aboru from Agbelekale would equally be completed before the end of the year.

Governor Ambode, who gave the assurance while on an unscheduled inspection tour of on-going projects around the axis, said the dual carriage Ajasa-Command Road would be completed with functional street lights, drainage system, walkways and road median.

Addressing multitude of residents who gathered to receive him at Command axis of the road, Governor Ambode said the transformation of the road, which is a major connecting road from Lagos-Abeokuta expressway to Ipaja axis, was part of his promise to run an all-inclusive government where no region will be left untouched.

The Governor recalled his visit to the area about two months ago where he lamented the dilapidated state of the road, and ordered contractors to move to site immediately.
He said: “You all recall that two months ago, we came here and we were totally displeased with the state of the road in this particular area. I have come to inspect the work that is being done and I must say that we are satisfied with the pace of work, and we also have it on assurance that by the middle of next month, this Ajasa-Command Road will be completed.
“We only want to appeal to all our community leaders and all the residents here that you make sure that you maintain whatever infrastructure that we will be giving to you here. I can also assure you that Aboru, Church Street Road linking up with Abesan Estate will also be completed before the end of the year,” the Governor said.

Governor Ambode, who was accompanied on the tour by top government functionaries, also visited Abesan Estate where work is on-going on the major link road in the area.
He said: “We have come to say a big thank you with this project. You know this project will take you from Aboru and then you cross over from Abesan and then you can go to Ipaja or anywhere you like to go.
“We know that it’s been a long time you have been waiting for this project, but you know what, before December you will ride on this road. We want to thank you for your patience and I can assure you that this is just the beginning, you are going to see more things here.”

Earlier, Special Adviser to the Governor and Chief Executive Officer of Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC), Engr. Ayotunde Sodeinde said box covers were being introduced on some parts of the road to ease flow of water pending the completion of the project.

He said the lighting system on the Ajasa-Command Road was on and the poles now in place, adding that the median on the road would soon be constructed.
On his part, Senator representing Lagos West Senatorial District at the National Assembly, Solomon Olamilekan, thanked Governor Ambode for embarking on various developmental projects despite the harsh economic realities in the country.

“I want to thank the State Government most sincerely. We started from the commissioning of the Light Up Lagos Project from Toll Gate in Sango Ota to Ile Zik and we are now in this area. The bridge is supposed to link Aboru to Abesan to Ipaja. The Governor has enough excuses to give considering the economic downturn, but still, he is embarking on projects. This is Alimosho and we would continue to support the Governor,” the Senator said.
Speaking on behalf of residents, a Community Leader in Aboru, Chief Mufutau Shoremekun, described Governor Ambode as a dynamic Governor who has fulfilled his promise to the people.

He said: “I have to thank our dynamic Governor for fulfilling his promise to this community despite the economic problems of Nigeria. The Governor has a lot of excuses to say this project will not be feasible and so we are sincerely grateful to you for all what you have been doing. Infact, for a Governor to embark on 114 roads, it’s a lot of work and we thank him very much.”
SIGNED
HABIB ARUNA
CHIEF PRESS SECRETARY

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/04/we-will-complete-ajasa-command-road-in.html

5 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by damiloladuke: 6:19am On Apr 14, 2016
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by Wadasco(m): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2016
construct better road abeg weeks?? I dey fear ooo
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by sherif4owo(m): 8:25am On Apr 14, 2016
geniusgenes:
anyone can hate, but although i dislike APC, ambode is working

Ambode working??

I'm not sure I can say that yet.

All I see is a lot of promises yet to be fulfilled, I guess he is just lucky as not much is expected of him.

1 Like

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by wilcox(m): 8:26am On Apr 14, 2016
Work to proof thy self worthy for second tenure
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by anonimi: 8:27am On Apr 14, 2016
geniusgenes:

Is he?
Do you know why he has not completed the light rail after 17 years of progreTHIEVES administering the state of "excellence" and $1 billion LOAN down the drain
Unlike Jonathan who revived and continuously modernised the national railways in just 5 years.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2135824_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

TTC in talks to sell old trains to Lagos. Are they safe enough?
AUGUST 10, 2011

As Toronto trainspotters gleefully take maiden rides on the TTC's Rocket, commuters in Lagos, Nigeria may be about to get some new trains of their own. Our old ones.

A TTC spokesperson has confirmed that the commission is negotiating with a private group to sell up to 260 used train cars to the West African megacity's new transit project.

"I can confirm that the TTC is in discussion with a third party that wants to purchase trains for Lagos," said commission spokesperson Brad Ross. "Over a period of time, they will be taken out of service and then transported over to Nigeria."

The cars being considered for sale are the TTC's old H-5 and H-6 models, which will be decommissioned as the TTC rolls out its new fleet of Rockets. Ross predicts the earliest they could be shipped to Nigeria is sometime in 2012.

Traffic snarls are already a major economic problem in the Nigerian capital, a booming city that will reach an estimated population of 25 million by 2015. A new above-ground rail system designed to carry 1.5 million people a day has already broken ground, and Lagos Governor Babtunde Fashola has said it "will be the most multi-dimensional and most impactful" of the government's efforts to reduce traffic congestion.

Fashola visited Toronto earlier this year to inspect the TTC trains.

The Lagos deal would be the first of its kind for the TTC. Decommissioned cars are usually sold for scrap metal and can fetch up to $1,500 dollar each. While Ross declined to discuss specific figures, he says the sticker price for Lagos is "significantly more" than scrap prices, putting the potential profits to the TTC in the millions of dollars.

It is not unusual for technology from western nations to end up in poorer countries. Marketplaces in Africa and Asia are flooded with North American clothes, computers, and even cars, but the purchase of larger technology like trains is rarer.

The cars will have to be significantly refurbished to fit existing infrastructure in Lagos, and some Nigerian media reports have lamented that the government appears to have settled on "tokundo," or used, trains instead of brand new vehicles.

Although half the cars are more than 30 years old, Ross is adamant they are perfectly safe and are only being decommissioned for capacity reasons. But he also admitted the TTC is not required to make sure the cars meet any safety standards before selling them.

"Once sold, it's up to the new operator to ensure they are in good working order," he said. "They do need to be maintained much more frequently than the new trains, simply because of their age. At some point they will run out their useful life."

Murtaza Haider, director of the Institute of Housing and Mobility at Ryerson University, said the age of the cars is definitely a cause for concern.

"We should be ensuring that there is some service life left in these vehicles and we're not going to be playing havoc with the lives of those who would ride these vehicles," Haider said. "There's metal fatigue, and that metal fatigue could result in dangerous conditions. I would be paying a close watch on this for the next ten years to see how many accidents do happen in Lagos."

He also warned that while rail systems are glamorous as far as transit infrastructure goes, they are not always as effective at reducing congestion as other options. Nevertheless, new rail systems are frequently preferred because governments can take advantage of kickbacks from large contracts.

According to media reports, the cost estimates for the Lagos rail project have varied wildly from $1.2 billion to $30 billion. In 2010, a Nigerian government watchdog accused Fashola's government of widespread corruption.

"More often than not, politicians favour rail transit because it is more expensive," Haider said. "It's almost useless in some cases, and less productive in most cases, than a bus system. But you can't buy busses for $30 billion. You can inflate prices and make a lot of money buying a rail system."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by Olukologia(m): 8:28am On Apr 14, 2016
Thanks Governor. U re dere.

4 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by xe4gals(m): 8:29am On Apr 14, 2016
grin grin That's around my house
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by WalkerMichael(m): 8:29am On Apr 14, 2016
Eko o ni baje!!!!

5 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by beanig2: 8:29am On Apr 14, 2016
5 weeks? Thats just a head line... abi nor be 9ja we sti dey?
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by nusirat(m): 8:29am On Apr 14, 2016
Proud of Lagos, where is stomach infrastructure Governor, who is mama is put on pampers to common and learn act of governance.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by ziggy3579: 8:29am On Apr 14, 2016
Nice one Ambo, really wish Amosun could do the same in Ogun

1 Like

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by Pavore9: 8:30am On Apr 14, 2016
Hope a good job is delivered.

1 Like

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by alrahmanonline(m): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2016
If truly Tinubu is diverting all the money in Lagos state as alledged and we are still witnessing this kinda rapid developement, then I pray he continue to divert the money so that we see more of this... Over to you haters..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by adexgii(m): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2016
ambode is working and lagos I'd moving

1 Like

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by carlcar2012(f): 8:30am On Apr 14, 2016
geniusgenes:

I believe you don't reside in Lagos, d talk rubbish, wetin he don work?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by DonMaxxy(m): 8:31am On Apr 14, 2016
Well done Baba Ambode.

btw With due respect sir " are you sure APC is your real party?"
How come you behave differently. You no resemble Adams, Aregbesola, Rochas etc, at all; or because this is your first term?

Anyways do not derail Sir.It pays to be consistently good and reliable. We are happy with you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by kajoula(m): 8:32am On Apr 14, 2016
geniusgenes:
[size=18pt]anyone can hate, but although i dislike APC, ambode is working[/size]

7 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by aieromon(m): 8:35am On Apr 14, 2016
Potato head dey ginger hin swagger oh.

Kudos
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by idupaul: 8:38am On Apr 14, 2016
Best Nigerian Governor ever ..I initially doubted those guys but now I am a firm believer in the man Ambode . If Nigeria has sense this man should be president in 2019 ...This is real action governor and not that propaganda man called Fashola

4 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by geniusgenes: 8:39am On Apr 14, 2016
sherif4owo:

Ambode working??

I'm not sure I can say that yet.

All I see is a lot of promises yet to be fulfilled, I guess he is just lucky as not much is expected of him.

kajoula:
carlcar2012:

anonimi:

Is he?
Do you know why he has not completed the light rail after 17 years of progreTHIEVES administering the state of "excellence" and $1 billion LOAN down the drain
Unlike Jonathan who revived and continuously modernised the national railways in just 5 years.

he's really been in the news latly, or is he pulling a ROCHAS on everyone?

check this out

Schools For Interior Decoration
Home Design Schools In Nigeria
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by shamecurls(m): 8:40am On Apr 14, 2016
carlcar2012:

Isrealite spotted cool

9 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by Prales(m): 8:42am On Apr 14, 2016
Don't hate blindly. Support the efforts of hardworking people irrespective of their party, tribe or religion. Ambode is working.

geniusgenes:

1 Like

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by olamixx(m): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2016
we shall say you said so
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by kay29000(m): 8:45am On Apr 14, 2016
Ambode is working faster than I thought he would. The completion of the road from Idimu to Ejigbo shocked me. I live in that area so I know for how long the road has been abandoned. The completed road is so standard I sometimes feel like driving through for no reason. And the barricades at Oshodi and Ojota, and enforcement of the use of the pedestrian bridge is also a welcomed development. Of cos people will still say he ain't doing anything. But it is the accumulation of small projects like the ones I have mentioned that makes a good leader.

9 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by anonimi: 8:51am On Apr 14, 2016
geniusgenes:
he's really been in the news latly, or is he pulling a ROCHAS on everyone?

He does not need to be in the news to do his work, does he
His work should speak for him.
A megalomaniac is usually a non-performer.
Was that not the case of Fashola and Tinubu? 16 years of progreTHIEF administration yet they could not deliver ordinary light rail!
Something that Jonathan over-achieved in 5 years.

Lagos light rail’ll be ready in June – Fashola
JANUARY 9, 2013

The Lagos State Governor Babatunde Fashola on Tuesday said the first phase of the state Blue Light Rail project would be completed by June this year(2013).

He expressed confidence that Lagosians would start enjoying the services of the lrail project immediately.

The first phase would run from Marina and terminated at Okokomaiko area in Ojo Local Government.

Fashola spoke during an inspection of ongoing projects in the state which took him and his cabinet members to Orile-Iganmu, Alimosho and Ejigbo areas among others to assess the level of works being done by contractors.

The governor, who inaugurated the trackwork of the blue light rail at Alaba Suru, Coker-Agunda Local Council Development Area, said the level of work on the road and those of the National Theatre and Alaba-Mile 2 rail stations, would ensure early completion

He said, “In order to finish the project, the contractor did not go on vacation during the festive period. This will ensure that the project is delivered on time for the use of Lagosians.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/lagos-light-railll-be-ready-in-june-fashola/

How We Spent N160bn World Bank Loan on Light Rail Project
11 Sep 2014
He, therefore, explained that the state government already “has in place, strategies to repay the loan. The federal government was in the know of the state’s decision to take the bond and it approved it.”

He added that the truth “is that what they do not also say is that no state in Nigeria can borrow money outside, from any multilateral agencies without the approval of the federal government.

“What they did not say is that they approved it. No state can raise money by bond the way we have done without the federal government’s approval. Both SEC and NSE are all federal regulatory agencies through which we must pass. If they said okay, it means there must be something good about the debt.

More from: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/

Why I reached out to Igbo voters –Ambode, Lagos APC governorship candidate
APRIL 4, 2015
When is the light rail going to be delivered, the project seems to be going on for years?

I just said it, it’s being funded by Lagos State and the Federal Government support is not there. But I believe strongly that we will create a financial restructuring that will allow us to deliver that light rail within the next 18 months.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/feature/hotseat/why-i-reached-out-to-igbo-voters-ambode-lagos-apc-governorship-candidate/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2223139_fash2_jpeg12038369386960c6ec905bc3f900b80a
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by alienvirus: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2016
Maya, Itele, Idafa, Liadi (Ikorodu) need good road. These communities have succeeded in grading the road and digging drainage systems. Please help with the completion of the road.
Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by PEZMAN(m): 9:02am On Apr 14, 2016
Lagos is about continuity of a good political structures already in placed.. Mr.Ambode has proven so many doubters wrong including me...
Ride on Ambode
# wailers should stop kidding like their man JK

2 Likes

Re: We Will Complete Ajasa-command Road In Five Weeks- Ambode by Nobody: 9:05am On Apr 14, 2016
Nice one gov Ambode, but please don't neglect ipaja- ikola road which leads to ota farm. This road needs a touch.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Live: PDP Holds A Public Discourse On Contemporary Politics & Govt In Nigeria / FG, States, Lgs Share N714.8 Billion For July / Uche Secondus: More Nigerians Killed Under Apc’s Watch Than Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.