Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office (77312 Views)

Governors Who Will Face Hottest Battles In 2019 / Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Rutycool(f): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Okay...
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Reference(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Billionaires before they assumed office is 'we are prepared to accept their corruption', in plain english. Silly citizens.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by EdDave(m): 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2016
Do u mean billionaire s b4 they became Governors or joined politics?
U don't need to be a governor to be a billionaire. Op, check well these people made their money early in politics b4 assuming their current positions.

Which is same thing as far as I m concerned.
#Looters.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by shumax: 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2016
Rubbish article, They even missed the richest politician at the moment in Nig. Kebbi State Atiku Bagudu. Do a better research next time Op
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Lovelynature(m): 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2016
It doesn't stop them from enriching themselves with national cake. Nigerian politicians are very greedy

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Beremx(f): 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
hok4u:
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State should be on that list, he works with the world bank before going into politics .
so someone who works with world bank can become a billionaire? tell me something!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by felsunseg(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Incomplete list, udom, ayade etc were billionaires b/4 venturing into politics.
create another thread if u think so.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by yarimo(m): 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
Op what off Atiku bagudu of kebbi state and bindow of adamawa state , remove niger state governor from that list because 75per of his money belong to his father.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by adeade2016: 6:23pm On Apr 14, 2016
dukie25:
Tinubu was a mere drug and money laundrier in the US, he is now the richest ex-governor in Nigeria.

Am not of the school of thought that believes he made his billions from drugs.
I think Tinubu made his billions fleecing Lagosians, either way he made his billions through criminal activities.

I think if not for hate fact should be use than assumption tinubu was in the senate in 92 and work up to a senior official in Mobil international so am sure we know were he was coming from but this does not exclude from been corrupt with the pension that they get every month which all our other govt get.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Lexusgs430: 6:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
Analyse all their varying source(s) of enrichment. I know one common denominator would be ringing loudly, NATIONAL PUFF PUFF diversion!!!!!
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by INDIANLABIA(m): 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2016
THOSE ARE BUNCH OF POOR PEOPLE, RICH MEN DONT DABBLE INTO POLITRICKS. WHO CARES MENNNH.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by diegwu01: 6:26pm On Apr 14, 2016
You didnt add Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, He declared an asset of N19 Billion before he became governor

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by dukie25: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
adeade2016:

I think if not for hate fact should be use than assumption tinubu was in the senate in 92 and work up to a senior official in Mobil international so am sure we know were he was coming from but this does not exclude from been corrupt with the pension that they get every month which all our other govt get.

Was Tinubu a millionaire before becoming governor?
He is now the wealthiest land owner in Nigeria, how come?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by izospindle(m): 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
specco:

Igbo hater. The moment you saw an Igbo name your adrenalin shot up.Is Rochas the only one in the list? But a list without Orji Uzor Kalu and Peter Obi is not complete.
not a tribalst read rochas story carefully and see if it adds up......where did he get his capital from cos construction workers don't earn much
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by ijedallar: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
Dave Umahi of Ebnyi state
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by izospindle(m): 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2016
specco:

Igbo hater. The moment you saw an Igbo name your adrenalin shot up.Is Rochas the only one in the list? But a list without Orji Uzor Kalu and Peter Obi is not complete.
not a tribalst read rochas story carefully and see if it adds up......where did he get his capital from cos construction agents don't earn much
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by samx4real(m): 6:28pm On Apr 14, 2016
Even at that they will still steal more!

Naija politicians!
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Donchichili: 6:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
Peter Obi remains one of richest politicians in Nigeria...he owns a sizable stake in about 5 public qouted companies in nigeria before he became governor..a highly successful in entreprenuer.He still remains the highest tax payer in Anambra State today.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by swiperthefox: 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
izospindle:
this rochas story does not make sense lots of missing links i think i will stick to the 419 alas political thug story grin
You are right. As of 2011 he was broke as they come. He was never a billionaire. He became billionaire as a governor.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Jobabori(m): 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
olaitanbaale1:
i think aregbesola shud be included in that list....lol
The op is discussing billonaire not kobonaire
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by swiperthefox: 6:41pm On Apr 14, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Still yet their performance was wack and below average especially rochas okorocha.

Imo people voted for rochas against ohakim because they believe that since he is already rich and also a philanthropic with free education from his own pocket that he will perform better but he disappointed those that voted him even me. Jim

I.m yet to any Nigeria politician that can trusted.
That's where Imolites goofed because he wasn't funding Rochas foundation schools from his own money. The guy is a conman.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by bittertruthz: 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2016
Habdulah010:

https://www.naij.com/799095-5-governors-already-billionaires-assumed-office.html?source=index_trending

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3602475_20160414175755_jpeg732e2d1e69fc917e6e30707b1c226197
You forget to mention delta state gov.
Okowa has been councillor,
Chairman,
House of assembly,
Commissioner,
Secretary to state govt.
Minister
Senator
And now governor.

He is a medical doctor that don't practice medicine.
He is the godfather in ika politics.
He appoint who become the chairman, councillor, HA and house of representatives.
He decide what ika north east do with allocation money.
Delta state Civil service employment is done in his parlor far back 1999 till date.

I think okowa is far richer than people you mention.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by oluwasegun007(m): 6:44pm On Apr 14, 2016
if na by beauty dis Benue gov no fit dey list, anyways I can't see orji uzor kalu, shebi he don do govanur b4....
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by oluwasegun007(m): 6:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
if na by beauty dis Benue gov no fit dey list, anyways I can't see orji uzor kalu, shebi he don do govanur b4....
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by amforjustice: 6:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
Obi was already a billionaire before he became a governor.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 14, 2016
Most of them got the monney true politics

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by meccuno: 6:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
dukie25:
Tinubu was a mere drug and money laundrier in the US, he is now the richest ex-governor in Nigeria.

Am not of the school of thought that believes he made his billions from drugs.
I think Tinubu made his billions fleecing Lagosians, either way he made his billions through criminal activities.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Raji4God: 7:01pm On Apr 14, 2016
Yayaha Bello of Kogi State
he is the owner of fairplus group of company
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by izospindle(m): 7:02pm On Apr 14, 2016
emmysoftyou:
Right from time, rochas is a big boi ...
My governor my governor ...

You re talking nonsense ... stick to what you know ..
bros bros am not arguing his been a big boy before becoming governor but how he made his money
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by paix(m): 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
Rumour has it that El-Rufa'i of Kaduna state was a billionaire before he became governor.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by chii23: 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2016
Gov Samuel Ortom is no doubt a billionaire, and has employed a lot of youth of the streets of Benue state.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by AdeniyiA(m): 7:09pm On Apr 14, 2016
Terrible government and governors who still collect salaries and emoluments despite the wealth yet their subjects are being owed backlogs of unpaid salaries...
Please tell me which father will be feeding fat while his children are dying of poverty?? ?? undecided
they don't really care about us, i only pity those who kill ,maim and destroy in order to install these dunce heads, selfish ,non revolutionary leaders. Most of them do not understand what governance really entails, all they're after is fame,power and influence. Look at that Osun guys, the best remedy they could offer is to shift the burden on the already impoverished masses.
i am really depressed being a Nigerian, let's rise up youths.
the tomorrow these people promised for the youths will never come if we do not make them sit tight!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Results: Mutiu Okunola Faints, Lands In Hospital After Collapsing / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast Kill 12 In Kaduna / Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole And Bukola Saraki At Jonathan's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.