Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office (77316 Views)

Governors Who Will Face Hottest Battles In 2019 / Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by jeyselassie(m): 7:11pm On Apr 14, 2016
dukie25:
Tinubu was a mere drug and money launderer in the US, he is now the richest ex-governor in Nigeria.

I don't believe the school of thought that he made his billions from drugs.
I think Tinubu made his billions fleecing Lagosians, either way he made his billions through criminal activities.
then u dont know tinubu@ all. He made his money the same period as MKO and had assets since then so he isnt a newbie to the game
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by gidjah(m): 7:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
There's nothing spectacular about this set of evil and selfish leaders you mentioned sir,they all have impoverished the various states they have been entrusted to govern,how many of them pay minimum wages,how many of the said states can afford to pay salary consecutively?
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by janykute: 7:16pm On Apr 14, 2016
All the 5 gorvernors were from the north maka why?
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Highvotage: 7:17pm On Apr 14, 2016
We are talking of Rochas as a rich man at 23 and some were here above 30 ranting in support of some political leaders that they never even being to his home state to see how well he has govern them not to talk of meeting him once.
God will help our youths.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by vislabraye(m): 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2016
dukie25:
Tinubu was a mere drug and money launderer in the US, he is now the richest ex-governor in Nigeria.

I don't believe the school of thought he made his billions from drugs.
I think Tinubu made his billions fleecing Lagosians, either way he made his billions through criminal activities.

It's amazing how some gullible folks try to convince us that Tinubu's mother was very very rich and as a result he inherited her wealth. Liars liars, pant on fire.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Scholes007(m): 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
INDIANLABIA:
THOSE ARE BUNCH OF POOR PEOPLE, RICH MEN DONT DABBLE INTO POLITRICKS. WHO CARES MENNNH.
wrong bro, last two elections in abia state alone had two billionaires who aspired for governorship there; uche samson ogah of master energy group and alex otti of diamond bank. Previously regan ufomba of regan group which include regan(cement). So the rich also wants power.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by odikimi: 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
iyke926:

Who dash Udom... He was just a comfortable millionaire before he became governor of Akwa Ibom State.
U don't even know Udom, where was he when Akpabio appointed him as Secretary?
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Eze2000(m): 7:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
shamecurls:
Fear North

The fear of the North is the beginning of wisdom, prosperity and actualization.

Even Rochas has a link to them.

most d northern billionaires also have links to d south. intact 80% of them do for their money is originally from OIL.
People like ex-VP Atiku Abubaka and idimini still own oil blocks n the south east and south.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by dukie25: 7:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
vislabraye:

It's amazing how some gullible folks try to convince us that Tinubu's mother was very very rich and as a result he inherited her wealth. Liars liars, pant on fire.

grin grin grin
If his mum was rich why was he dealing drugs in Chicago? He doesn't belong to the Madam Tinubu family of Lagos anyway.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2016
Nice.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by oganology33(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2016
[quote author=Keneking post=44703077]Great
Not like Obi, Fayose, Akpabio, Orji to mention a few[/quote Does being Billionaires make the 5 up dia less criminal & corrupt
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by NovusHomo(m): 7:55pm On Apr 14, 2016
Vision4God:
We are getting der!!

You and who? grin
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by slyrone(m): 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2016
stories that touch. I ll get there whether the devil likes it or not as long as say baba God dey my side. holy spirit lead the way
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by saintkeppy(m): 9:24pm On Apr 14, 2016
ilobasama:
What of orji uzo kalu ?
. I think the Op mearnt the current generation(set) of governors.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by saintkeppy(m): 9:39pm On Apr 14, 2016
diegwu01:
You didnt add Emmanuel Uduaghan of Delta State, He declared an asset of N19 Billion before he became governor
. A medical doctor? Not suprise, maybe his wealth was from the oil-rich Delta state during the reign of his cousin Gov. James Ibori btw '99-'07. So mr. man investigate well!
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by saintkeppy(m): 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2016
dukie25:

Was Tinubu a millionaire before becoming governor?
He is now the wealthiest land owner in Nigeria, how come?
. That's why he is the ASIWAJU of LAGOS. so u can be a billionaire if u take a bold step to invest in REAL ESTATE.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by megama: 10:30pm On Apr 14, 2016
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Nobody: 10:31pm On Apr 14, 2016
saintkeppy:
. I think the Op mearnt the current generation(set) of governors.
ok. because i was wondering
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by kobonaire(m): 10:34pm On Apr 14, 2016
Jobabori:

The op is discussing billonaire not kobonaire
abeg, why you de yab me? cheesy
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by philomental: 10:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Incomplete list, udom, ayade etc were billionaires b/4 venturing into politics.
Sorry, Udom wasn't and Ayade... I dont know about him
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by skolawale(m): 11:12pm On Apr 14, 2016
Been Rich before coming into politics don't make them d best or state that they will perform.. It's someone that has d Zeal n Intention to work that will do better.. May God help us for this Nigeria
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by andycom(m): 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2016
emmysoftyou:
Right from time, rochas is a big boi ...
My governor my governor ...

You re talking nonsense ... stick to what you know ..

you just spewed rubbish youngman, Rochas was almost going bankrupt before he won the governorship election in 2011
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by 2n2k(m): 11:37pm On Apr 14, 2016
odikimi:

U don't even know Udom, where was he when Akpabio appointed him as Secretary?

Udom was an executive director in Zenith Bank before his appointment. Did he declare being a billionaire?
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by saintkeppy(m): 11:56pm On Apr 14, 2016
ilobasama:
ok. because i was wondering
. Yeah, if it were '99-2007 set then Orji Uzor Kalu would have been a worthy mention. I am aware of his generous financial contributions/Donations toward the funding of the then ruling political party, PDP as at '98 prior to the return of democracy in '99.

1 Like

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by saintkeppy(m): 12:06am On Apr 15, 2016
2n2k:

Udom was an executive director in Zenith Bank before his appointment. Did he declare being a billionaire?
. He might not have been a billionaire then but who knows? Sometimes there are a very $iL€nT BiLLioNair€$.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by shamecurls(m): 12:17am On Apr 15, 2016
Eze2000:

most d northern billionaires also have links to d south. intact 80% of them do for their money is originally from OIL.
People like ex-VP Atiku Abubaka and idimini still own oil blocks n the south east and south.

Agreed! But at par, you have more billionaires in the North
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Timbuktu14(m): 12:30am On Apr 15, 2016
Abiola Ajimobi?
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Nobody: 7:04am On Apr 15, 2016
all these billionaires have shady pasts.. @OP forgot to add that Rochas Okorocha used to drive one former VP of Nigeria back in the US as a Private Driver.. just like one Julius Berger Truck Driver now turned Billionaire and owner of Chrome Energy grin grin grin grin the lies these businessmen tell - what of Cosmos Maduka... let me guess - he used to sell spare-parts abi! grin grin grin grin
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by tufur24(m): 7:32am On Apr 15, 2016
Rochas was broke when he ascended the seat of Governor. Sani Bello owns a popular Oil company. Ami or So. will get the name later. But be careful, billionaire and millionaire no b d same oo.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Themandator: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2016
izospindle:
this rochas story does not make sense lots of missing links i think i will stick to the 419 alas political thug story grin

Rochas is one of the biggest property owners in Abuja. He sold the local government association headquarters in Abuja to them. If I recall very well, wadata Plaza was bought from him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Results: Mutiu Okunola Faints, Lands In Hospital After Collapsing / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast Kill 12 In Kaduna / Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole And Bukola Saraki At Jonathan's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.