Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office (77314 Views)

Governors Who Will Face Hottest Battles In 2019 / Buhari: I Felt Like Absconding When I Assumed Office / 5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Iammesh(m): 10:01am On Apr 15, 2016
who compiled this list??
I doubt if real survey was done before disseminating such info
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by katibu(m): 12:44pm On Apr 15, 2016
garfield16:
what a stupid and daft article. If you are talking Naira billionaires, then virtually every governor is a billionaire as a billion naira is only $5m dollars, you will spend that much just be be a governor and if you are talking dollar billionaires then none of those five are dollar billionaires so what exactly is the point of this thread?

my broda abeg tell them o.. may dem hear. all na naira billionaires, none is dollar billionaire.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by dom(m): 1:43pm On Apr 15, 2016
Sunnymatey:
Incomplete list, udom, ayade etc were billionaires b/4 venturing into politics.

Thought Ayade was a lecturer in UI.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by Chylo(m): 10:04pm On Apr 17, 2016
hok4u:
Governor Ibikunle Amosun of Ogun State should be on that list, he works with the world bank before going into politics.

One Ekiti man besides me is mentioning Fayose too, that he made his billions from being an agbero and selling rice Congo or derika for oja oba in ibadan before he dabbled into politics.

Hi bro, please can you link me with an online source for the information that he worked with the world bank, or the job he did there? Thanks. His wikipedia page did not mention that. Please its urgent, i need it for research purposes.
Re: 5 Governors Who Were Already Billionaires Before They Assumed Office by barcaboi(m): 8:37am On Jul 28, 2017
dukie25:
Tinubu was a mere drug and money launderer in the US, he is now the richest ex-governor in Nigeria.

I don't believe the school of thought he made his billions from drugs.
I think Tinubu made his billions fleecing Lagosians, either way he made his billions through criminal activities.
he worked in chevron b4 going into the senate.....google well

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Election Results: Mutiu Okunola Faints, Lands In Hospital After Collapsing / Breaking News: Fresh Bomb Blast Kill 12 In Kaduna / Photo Of Adams Oshiomhole And Bukola Saraki At Jonathan's Book Launch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.